Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:58:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 [4419] 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 4435 4436 4437 4438 4439 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 4445 4446 4447 4448 4449 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 4456 4457 4458 4459 4460 4461 4462 4463 4464 4465 4466 4467 4468 4469 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:09:45 AM

Hey Tao, will this fit on a Tweet?

Dude ... what do you do for living ..you seem to be a trader and an engineer at the same time

...at amateur level at least  Cheesy

It turns out that analysis of price cycles is not unlike vibrational analysis in resonant structures. My background was in aeronautical engineering and when I started looking at trading charts I just used that as a crutch Smiley Price cycles within price cycles.

The reason that your plane doesn't shake itself to pieces when it hits a bit of turbulence is that the natural vibrational frequencies of the engines and various parts of the structure all work against each other. That characteristic is actually designed into the plane using some incredible boffin-zone mathematics that can let the engineers tune the weights and dimensions of each component so the structure as a whole is perfect vibration "sink".

There's an amazing example available in engineering history of what can happen if they 'get it wrong'. "Galloping Gerty" was a suspension bridge across the Tacoma Narrows which was destroyed in what was more or less a light breeze. Have a look !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw

Bitcoinwisdom is an incredible piece of kit which basically does the aircraft engineer's job in reverse. It takes a single price signal plotted against time and decomposes it into its constituent "harmonics". So that's like taking the bumps you feel in the plane when it hits a cloud and breaking it down into the engine vibration, the fuselage bending, the wings oscillating and so on. Bitcoinwisdom lets you see if one is "dampening" out the other or helping it. It shows you the long, slow price cycles (like the aeroplane wings) and rapidly oscillating ones (like the engine vibration) inside those cycles.

Of course, none of that's any use unless you read the news as well  Wink It just helps you see how the price is developing and occasionally the various cycles act in resonance to produce a "galloping gerty" of the markets. Also, "proper" T/A people that actually know what they're doing use a whole pile more indicators that give you a more professional picture of things, but hey - I'm just having fun, not trading bonds for Goldman Sachs.

With respect to DASH's dual layer architecture, the word "resonance" I used in that context is to do with the massive leverage in functionality you get by having 1 more "mode" in which the network can operate. It's a bit like music. If you have 1 sinewave oscillator, you can only make 1 note and 1 tone. With 2, you can make an infinite number. On an oscilliscope you'd be able to make any shape of wave that looked nothing like either of the 2 source waves. This is why Evan is stumbling across one after the next solution to problems that are proving PITA's for others, because you need the 2 distinct "oscillators" to create dynamics that give you the functional diversity to address such a broad range of issues.

I mean, look at the alternative approaches:

In the "anon" space they need to use an absolute overkill amount of cryptography that then characterises the nature of the entire network just to solve that one simple problem. A bit like pouring a bowl of soup into a barrel of salt to improve the taste and then having to eat the barrel load instead of just sprinkling a few grains into the bowl.

In the "scaleability" space they're talking about similar sledgehammer tactics - huge increases in block sizes and whotnot that has got everyone quaking in their boots.

In the "performance" space, they need to add extra buffering layers or accept one or zero confirmations before the customer walks off.

In all these cases, DASH's dual mode approach has "walked it", arriving at natural, high performance solutions that are the ones any regular software systems designer would arrive it without even thinking about. The beauty of this one though is that it isn't a formal client-server architecture but a single, unified peice of software that works in 2 modes. So the service-oriented aspect of it is logical, not physical and the network is self resonating. The wallet daemon is the same across the whole network (unlike the idea that many critics of this technology like to try to promote) and, in keeping with the decentralised nature of this tech, anyone can launch any node, in any mode, anywhere, anytime and have it make a full, redundant contribution to the network. ("Redundant" in this case meaning the role is duplicated throughout the network).

Don't get me started on all this stuff or I'll be here for the next 100 pages and no-one will get a word in edgeways  Wink

Suffice to say that trading analysis and system analysis might not be so far apart as they look (at least not for amateurs that like to "wing it" like me  Cheesy )

LOL, amazing!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:11:52 AM

On Darkcoin: I'll repost it from February, with a number of improvements, which Thomas Paine famously recommended doing in The Age of Reason. I'm not inclined to causing such controversies myself and I'll just apply it to what I wrote in February 2015.

Americans are saying they're paying 14 cent for electricity and Chinese are saying they're paying 10 cent for electricity. Finally, in Iceland electricity cost is around 9 cent; not the rumoured 3-5 cents. Thirdly, I have updated figures for the current Fiat Currency prices.

"As a digression, for anyone investing in DRK.

The current ROI on a 4 card 750TI PC ($880) hashing machine on Darkcoin is:

POW 62.5% mining versus Masternode deduction of 37.5% on block reward, not everything goes through masternodes, effective block reward is 3.41DRK for miners.5

China 10 cent for electricity and BTC price is $260

Average difficulty for 3 year breakeven on investment $880 = (Difficulty at 3600) 0.023BTC or $5.98.

Should you factor in 20% per year profit margin for the miner, yes, it is a miserly profit margin

0.0276BTC or $7.18.

These calculations won't really bite home until 2016, when old Litecoin GPU machines (to many) fail in large numbers, miners will either need to increase their selling price or quit GPU mining altogether (DRK supports up to 70% of GPU cards mining today). The latter would monopolize DRK into miners (who know what the are doing) and save in DRK. Many will refuse to sell their DRK on the exchanges until Darkcoin owners realize their long-term ambitions. This will push the price up this year and next year.  

Equally, there is 7% block reduction per annum and these calculations should be adjusted each year. Current Difficulty spike today is 4200, but this temporary spike disappears when miners figure out this lesson: save in DRK whenever it is undervalued, just redo the numbers yourself."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:15:47 AM

should i wait to buy in!  Huh

You should never wait - avg. your purchases
ahhh idk what to do lol ive been keeping my eye on this i mean anon coins!

I hate to advise on this, but it does seem that DRK goes up, then plateaus.  For the longest time, there hasn't been anything but freak downs (and usually, they are not freak but in response to sudden BTC price increases).  A long time ago, I sold my coins so I could wait until the price dropped to buy back.  I never did that again!  I know some have a really good feel for these market oscillations, but if you don't, just buy and forget about it.  Don't buy, IMO, for short term holding, but I think if you're buying for long term, you will do well.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:21:27 AM

Go find Satoshi and bust his balls about premining Bitcoin

Satoshi didn't "premine" Bitcoin.  Do you even know what that word means?  I don't think you do.

Unlike DashcoinDark's derpy dev Duff, Satoshi also never changed Bitcoin's block reward, max coin supply, or name.

You sound mad Bro.  Are you angry the DashcoinDark pump is out of hot air?

I warned you not to buy into a spike.  I said you'd wind up holding the bag.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:22:35 AM

iCEBREAKER... Your a moron!   Tell you what... Go find Satoshi and bust his balls about premining Bitcoin... With him being the only miner and pocketing countless 100s of thousands of coins.  That was fair now wasn't.   If you want scam... BTC takes the cake.

Your a circle jerk douche bag and you know it.   Thankfully the real world doesn't come here or even know about Bitcointalk nor care.
 Your also a hypocritic...go seek justice on the BTC premine scam first on your self made alter boy holy war.  Loser!

At least Guys like Evan and myself and others are willing to put our real name out there and stand for our convictions ...as well as say who and what we are,  were as you shit bags hide behind your keyboards.

Until your willing to clean up the road that was before us and put you real name to it and where u live out there on yoru BULLSHIT crusade... Your opinion and comments carry are nothing more then BULLSHIT hot air,  Troll!

I object!

It's easy for you guys to put your name out there, 'cause you're AWESOME!   

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:26:04 AM

Dude ... what do you do for living ..you seem to be a trader and an engineer at the same time

It turns out that analysis of price cycles is not unlike vibrational analysis in resonant structures. My background was in aeronautical engineering and when I started looking at trading charts I just used that as a crutch Smiley Price cycles within price cycles.

The reason that your plane doesn't shake itself to pieces when it hits a bit of turbulence is that the natural vibrational frequencies of the engines and various parts of the structure all work against each other. That characteristic is actually designed into the plane using some incredible boffin-zone mathematics that can let the engineers tune the weights and dimensions of each component so the structure as a whole is perfect vibration "sink".

There's an amazing example available in engineering history of what can happen if they 'get it wrong'. "Galloping Gerty" was a suspension bridge across the Tacoma Narrows which was destroyed in what was more or less a light breeze. Have a look !

Bitcoinwisdom is an incredible piece of kit which basically does the aircraft engineer's job in reverse. It takes a single price signal plotted against time and decomposes it into its constituent "harmonics". So that's like taking the bumps you feel in the plane when it hits a cloud and breaking it down into the engine vibration, the fuselage bending, the wings oscillating and so on. Bitcoinwisdom lets you see if one is "dampening" out the other or helping it. It shows you the long, slow price cycles (like the aeroplane wings) and rapidly oscillating ones (like the engine vibration) inside those cycles.

Of course, none of that's any use unless you read the news as well  Wink It just helps you see how the price is developing and occasionally the various cycles act in resonance to produce a "galloping gerty" of the markets. Also, "proper" T/A people that actually know what they're doing use a whole pile more indicators that give you a more professional picture of things, but hey - I'm just having fun, not trading bonds for Goldman Sachs.

With respect to DASH's dual layer architecture, the word "resonance" I used in that context is to do with the massive leverage in functionality you get by having 1 more "mode" in which the network can operate. It's a bit like music. If you have 1 sinewave oscillator, you can only make 1 note and 1 tone. With 2, you can make an infinite number. On an oscilliscope you'd be able to make any shape of wave that looked nothing like either of the 2 source waves. This is why Evan is stumbling across one after the next solution to problems that are proving PITA's for others, because you need the 2 distinct "oscillators" to create dynamics that give you the functional diversity to address such a broad range of issues.

In the "anon" space they need to use an absolute overkill amount of cryptography that then characterises the nature of the entire network just to solve that one simple problem. A bit like pouring a bowl of soup into a barrel of salt to improve the taste and then having to eat the barrel load instead of just sprinkling a few grains into the bowl.

In the "scaleability" space they're talking about similar sledgehammer tactics - huge increases in block sizes and whotnot that has got everyone quaking in their boots.

In the "performance" space, they need to add extra buffering layers or accept one or zero confirmations before the customer walks off.

In all these cases, DASH's dual mode approach has "walked it", arriving at natural, high performance solutions that are the ones any regular software systems designer would arrive it without even thinking about. The beauty of this one though is that it isn't a formal client-server architecture but a single, unified peice of software that works in 2 modes. So the service-oriented aspect of it is logical, not physical and the network is self resonating. The wallet daemon is the same across the whole network (unlike the idea that many critics of this technology like to try to promote) and, in keeping with the decentralised nature of this tech, anyone can launch any node, in any mode, anywhere, anytime and have it make a full, redundant contribution to the network. ("Redundant" in this case meaning the role is duplicated throughout the network).

Don't get me started on all this stuff or I'll be here for the next 100 pages and no-one will get a word in edgeways  Wink

Suffice to say that trading analysis and system analysis might not be so far apart as they look (at least not for amateurs that like to "wing it" like me  Cheesy )

LOL, amazing!
For you, anything!
https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/579483880664784896

Grin

trickytricky

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:27:10 AM

having trouble with drk wallet said blockchain data was corupt or some crap so i agreed to download it again but now im stuck at 2weeks been stuck there for an hour Sad
someredguy

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:29:56 AM

iCEBREAKER... Your a moron!  <snip>

To: bigrcanada (and others) - Life is so much better when you just click the 'ignore user' button. Trust me. Do it. The forum is way easier to read with the blatant trolls on ignore. Now, go have a glass of wine... :-)

Dash - Fast, anonymous, digital cash.  http://www.dash.org
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:30:24 AM

And what about a single individual could own half of the masternodes? Financially it's not making much sense but this COULD happen. You're one who always talks in ifs and buts, here's a good IF for you.

Masternodes are NOT the solution to decentralize everything effectively.

Somewhere there was a chart showing the probability of following a transaction if 90% of the masternodes were owned by a single entity.  It was a very low probability, like under 1% at 8 rounds and this was before Masternode Blinding.  This did not include the cost of buying up 90% of the masternodes, which would be pretty much impossible.

We do need some new calculations, though.

It sounds like it should be the same as a 51% attack, but in reality, it's much different / way harder.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:32:00 AM

iCEBREAKER... Your a moron!   Tell you what... Go find Satoshi and bust his balls about premining Bitcoin...

Satoshi never premined/instamined/fastmined/etc. a single Bitcoin.

He publicized his system to essentially 100% of the people in the world who could possibly understand it, worked with a few of them to clean up his code before launch, announced the launch I think a week ahead of time (not sure of the time period, maybe I'm wrong here), and then everyone had years to mine it using ordinary computers before it even had any monetary value whatsoever, with no guarantee it ever would. Of course, the monetary parameters of the system were "set in stone" (his words), were never changed after launch, and the actual mining has turned out to match the schedule stated in the white paper quite closely.

The suggestion of even the slightest similarity between that experience and DRK is ridiculous and insulting, not only to Satoshi but to the intelligence of anyone reading it.

You guys are in good company though, the Bytecoin scammers who ninja-premined 82% of the coins on their system tried the Satoshi Defense too. Right around the time they were claiming that Bytecoin was created by aliens.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:33:35 AM

having trouble with drk wallet said blockchain data was corupt or some crap so i agreed to download it again but now im stuck at 2weeks been stuck there for an hour Sad

Hummm.  Sorry for the simple questions, but sometimes it's the simple things.  Do you have the latest wallet from http://darkcoin.io ?

And did you run it with -reindex ? 

It doesn't sound like the wallet.dat is corrupted or anything major like that....

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:35:01 AM

LOL, amazing!
For you, anything!
https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/579483880664784896

Grin

Ah yes, a link! A bit cheating, but it'll work, LOL

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:37:21 AM

I posted part of this in another thread, but I'll put it up here too. I want both the people researching DASH for the first time, and the old holding veterans who are nervous the FUD might scare people away to know the viewpoint of someone fairly new.

As someone who came in "late" to DASH the past few months, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama everyone whines about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance. 

Before I bought DASH I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin or tech company produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  DASH gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

When researching DASH, my first source of information was the Darkcointalk forums.  When I became fully involved in it and needed more discussion to read throughout the day, I came here.  Long story short, other than just impressing me with their ability to spend all day everyday being completely negative without becoming suicidal, the FUD spreaders have had no effect on a new DASH investor/investigator.

The community is amazing and very helpful with anything and everything.  I've been very impressed all around.  Thanks!

This is really good to know.  The crypto-coin world is really full of land mines, LOL.  Yet, it's going to revolutionize the world.  I wish more people could understand what it's about, but it's not instinctive.  Glad you're here Smiley

bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:40:12 AM

Oh trust me...  I'm not mad ... Im just annoyed at your stupidity... YES... SATOSHI DID premine BTC.  FACT!
And if you weren't such an idiotic moron... You'd also know that I'm one of the original major holders of  DRK  since February 2014...and if you didn't have a shit for Brains you'd realize by looking  at what it was trading at in Jan./Feb last year.... I bought in at $0.21 /DRK.   I'm pretty sure I'm doing just fine.  And when it went to... $15.00....i still didn't sell... Couple of reasons... I like a man that puts his real name and word behind his work and does what he says... Unlike the legions of fudge packers out there unwilling to put their balls on the line.  And second because this is chump change to me... Just like you are!

So... Im not mad... Im mildly amused... At your lack intellectual fortitude... Made you should start by going back in time and cleaning your own house with Mr.  SATOSHI... And the single person premine first,  that's the scam that started all if you want to stir shit... Then we can talk.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:41:18 AM

I love reading your posts Toknormal. Your insight into how stuff works is extraordinary.

I've had a pilots licence for over 30 years (just a hobby, not professional). I've flown just about all of the mainstream single engine light aircraft. One thing that I've done many times while on a longer trip somewhere is to be flying along straight and level at a consistent altitude and pull back on the control column until the aircraft climbs 100 feet (but without making any changes to power or trim settings) and then let go of the controls completely to observe how many up and down oscillations the aircraft goes through until it returns to straight and level of its own accord. When it's settled down I'll then apply the same amount of back pressure again until it climbs 200 feet and repeat the process. I've done this to the point where I've pulled back for so long (still without any power changes) I've had the aircraft climb a couple of thousand feet and brought it within a few knots of a stall.

As you'd know with your background, aeronautical engineers design aircraft with varying levels of stability/instability. It's interesting that some aircraft I've flown can be ascended and returned to stability without needing to intervene for only a few hundred feet of change to their cruising altitude using this process whereas other ones can be taken almost to a complete aerodynamic stall and will return to straight and level of their own accord (albeit with rapid acceleration on the initial downwards movement that takes some nerves to sit there and watch as the airspeed indicator races towards Vne and you still have the same cruise power set!)

The point of what I'm writing about is that, like you, I can see all of these same phenomena within trading environments too. What you describe about the price signal that Bitcoinwisdom uses so brilliantly is something I'm constantly in awe of too. And you can see this stuff at work in nature as well. It's part of the reason fisherman are still getting washed off rocks in places all over the world; they see how big the waves are but forget about the "every 7th wave" phenomenon and a big one comes while they're looking down and whoosh.

Keep posting; I really enjoy your writing.

I also found this interesting.  It goes, of course, with Tok's engineering analysis of the trading charts, LOL Smiley  I had no idea a plane would do that.

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:44:50 AM

Anyone know what's wrong with elbereths site?
https://drk.mn/blocks.html

I'm guessing he's updating.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:46:21 AM

Wow I am inspired to buy more Dash.. Wow.

Oh trust me...  I'm not mad ... Im just annoyed at your stupidity... YES... SATOSHI DID premine BTC.  FACT!
And if you weren't such an idiotic moron... You'd also know that I'm one of the original major holders of  DRK  since February 2014...and if you didn't have a shit for Brains you'd realize by looking  at what it was trading at in Jan./Feb last year.... I bought in at $0.21 /DRK.   I'm pretty sure I'm doing just fine.  And when it went to... $15.00....i still didn't sell... Couple of reasons... I like a man that puts his real name and word behind his work and does what he says... Unlike the legions of fudge packers out there unwilling to put their balls on the line.  And second because this is chump change to me... Just like you are!

So... Im not mad... Im mildly amused... At your lack intellectual fortitude... Made you should start by going back in time and cleaning your own house with Mr.  SATOSHI... And the single person premine first... Then we can talk.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
trickytricky

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:49:42 AM

Hummm.  Sorry for the simple questions, but sometimes it's the simple things.  Do you have the latest wallet from http://darkcoin.io ?

And did you run it with -reindex ? 

It doesn't sound like the wallet.dat is corrupted or anything major like that....

redownloaded the wallet now im getting failed to read block when i start dark coin wallet
strix

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:50:36 AM

OMG that shit again about owning more than 51% of the MNs

that ='s instant ignore for stupidity

edit: completed = louiseth1 IGNORED
Mangled B, please don't ignore me, though I admit I may be stupid, I am really trying to understand and am NOT trolling. I admit that I have been persuaded by the single crusty bread crumb. It just sounds logical to me, but I also respect you and your opinion. What is it that I am not getting. The only argument that I have heard in opposition to 51% concerns, is that self interest will keep miners from taking advantage of their power. Is there more to it than this. PLEASE help me out here; I will certainly sleep better if you can.

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:54:46 AM

Oh trust me...  I'm not mad ... Im just annoyed at your stupidity... YES... SATOSHI DID premine BTC.  FACT!

So... Im not mad... Im mildly amused... At your lack intellectual fortitude... Made you should start by going back in time and cleaning your own house with Mr.  SATOSHI... And the single person premine first,  that's the scam that started all if you want to stir shit... Then we can talk.

You dont know what a premine is. Satoshi did not premine Bitcoin, he did not mess or change Bitcoins parameters in any way, shape, or form after its release. He even said that once Bitcoin was released, its basic functions would stay in place its entire lifetime. That's how cryptocurrencies are supposed to be.

What evan did was;

1) Released Darkcoin/Dash
2) Put the block reward at 500 coins per block
3) Make it only available to the extremely small pool of linux users(So his buddies and himself could get the majority of coins)
4) Instamine darkcoin with a few of his buddies
5) Cut Darkcoin's block rewards over 50% from 500 to under 100
6) Cut Darkcoin's max coin supply by 50%
7) End the instamine within 40 hours and go on his merry way

What makes that even worse, was that he made the masternodes as a way to continue enriching himself, so he could gain even more $ from the coins he instamined. Within 40 hours over 2million Darkcoins were mined by Evan and a few others at darkcoins/DASH's release.

If this isnt a scam, then I dont know what is.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Pages: « 1 ... 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 [4419] 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 4435 4436 4437 4438 4439 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 4445 4446 4447 4448 4449 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 4456 4457 4458 4459 4460 4461 4462 4463 4464 4465 4466 4467 4468 4469 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: