Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:33:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4163 4164 4165 4166 4167 4168 4169 4170 4171 4172 4173 4174 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 [4213] 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722711 times)
lolikop

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:05:15 AM

darkcoin is dead because of one stupid dev
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:05:24 AM

What does eduffield mean when he is going to change the name, like will he fork it,change some code, can someone explain.

Everything is the same, blockchain, addresses, etc just replacing references to Darkcoin and contacting all the appropriate parties for the transition.
solo20

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:05:55 AM

so far it didn't go down as far as I think it would that is a good sign but changing the name out of the blue was not by accident anybody who believes other wise is a FOOL it was meant to do 2 and only 2 things get cheap coins or destroy the coin your pick
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:06:15 AM

Who decides if darkcoins name should be changed.

Ultimately the market decides but it will need sometime to make up its mind.  I truly believe this is for the best and I am more excited than ever to call on businesses for Dash, it will be fun. I will work full time calling to businesses to adopt Dash for the next few months. It is a way easier sell, when I propose Dash people will wait to understand what it is. When I call for Darkcoin they make up their mind before I have time to explain.

+100

My experience exactly Minotaur. The name is toxic beyond toxic. It would never have achieved anything like the adoption the world deserves to experience with this technology with the Darkcoin name.

It's interesting reading the past few pages. Many of the people that are screaming and baling are also people that openly talk about dark market adoption and express excitement about how this is going to really push Darkcoin to new and higher levels. For me, Evan's announcement virtually directly tackles this, an absolute inhibitor of his work being taken seriously by the mainstream and an absolute guarantee that (with the Darkcoin name) he would eventually be characterised as a criminal and friend of the illicit drug industry, terrorists and pedophiles.

For the many that are really pissed off, you've all been so happy to be associated with Evan and you've all been so thrilled with his work, but now when he takes steps to ensure survivability of his work, protect himself and his family's reputation, you scream and throw your toys out of the pram. Really, that's a selfish and terribly narrow minded response.

I'm very happy Evan's taken this action. Yes, it's taken guts and it's causing a temporary shuffling of the deck chairs of who's involved, who's no longer wanting to be here (with considerable short term disruption/upset) but he's too good a developer, an entrepreneur and a human being to be taken down (as he inevitably would have been) as the head of the nefarious and illegal activity promoting "Darkcoin".

As Dash, the future is exciting and we'll enter thousands of realms we never would have come even close to as Darkcoin.

Great work Evan; onwards and upwards!

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:06:26 AM

darkcoin is dead because of one stupid dev

Who are you again?
solo20

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:07:19 AM

What does eduffield mean when he is going to change the name, like will he fork it,change some code, can someone explain.

just change the name the tech behind the coin is still the same
lolikop

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:08:32 AM

Ultimately the market decides but it will need sometime to make up its mind.  I truly believe this is for the best and I am more excited than ever to call on businesses for Dash, it will be fun. I will work full time calling to businesses to adopt Dash for the next few months. It is a way easier sell, when I propose Dash people will wait to understand what it is. When I call for Darkcoin they make up their mind before I have time to explain.

+100

My experience exactly Minotaur. The name is toxic beyond toxic. It would never have achieved anything like the adoption the world deserves to experience with this technology with the Darkcoin name.

It's interesting reading the past few pages. Many of the people that are screaming and baling are also people that openly talk about dark market adoption and express excitement about how this is going to really push Darkcoin to new and higher levels. For me, Evan's announcement virtually directly tackles this, an absolute inhibitor of his work being taken seriously by the mainstream and an absolute guarantee that (with the Darkcoin name) he would eventually be characterised as a criminal and friend of the illicit drug industry, terrorists and pedophiles.

For the many that are really pissed off, you've all been so happy to be associated with Evan and you've all been so thrilled with his work, but now when he takes steps to ensure survivability of his work, protect himself and his family's reputation, you scream and throw your toys out of the pram. Really, that's a selfish and terribly narrow minded response.

I'm very happy Evan's taken this action. Yes, it's taken guts and it's causing a temporary shuffling of the deck chains of who's involved, who's no longer wanting to be here (with considerable short term disruption/upset) but he's too good a developer, an entrepreneur and a human being to be taken down (as he inevitably would have been) as the head of the nefarious and illegal activity promoting "Darkcoin".

As Dash, the future is exciting and we'll enter thousands of realms we never would have come even close to as Darkcoin.

Oh please tell me how much is in your DRK bag
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:08:34 AM

Ultimately the market decides but it will need sometime to make up its mind.  I truly believe this is for the best and I am more excited than ever to call on businesses for Dash, it will be fun. I will work full time calling to businesses to adopt Dash for the next few months. It is a way easier sell, when I propose Dash people will wait to understand what it is. When I call for Darkcoin they make up their mind before I have time to explain.

+100

I'm very happy Evan's taken this action. Yes, it's taken guts and it's causing a temporary shuffling of the deck chairs of who's involved, who's no longer wanting to be here (with considerable short term disruption/upset) but he's too good a developer, an entrepreneur and a human being to be taken down (as he inevitably would have been) as the head of the nefarious and illegal activity promoting "Darkcoin".

Agreed. You're never going to win 100% of the community with a move such as this but those that made the tough choices are the ones that actually see the long-term picture.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:08:49 AM

+100

Very good explication , all is say Smiley

moving foreward now
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:09:05 AM

Everything is the same, blockchain, addresses, etc just replacing references to Darkcoin and contacting all the appropriate parties for the transition.
Okay thanks for the info.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:09:43 AM

+100

Can people STFU up with Dash already? It's a garbage choice. If it was anything even remotly reasonable we wouldn't see dumps like we haven't seen in months. Dash is done, move on to another name for the rebranding. What a bunch of fools.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:10:02 AM

I don't know what to think right now.. Confused...
Just read last 20 pages...
I'll go for a walk..

dont go for a walk.  thats what I did and it crashed!

My walk was better than yours...  Tongue
Look after mine : little rebound!

lolikop

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:10:18 AM

Ultimately the market decides but it will need sometime to make up its mind.  I truly believe this is for the best and I am more excited than ever to call on businesses for Dash, it will be fun. I will work full time calling to businesses to adopt Dash for the next few months. It is a way easier sell, when I propose Dash people will wait to understand what it is. When I call for Darkcoin they make up their mind before I have time to explain.

+100

Agreed. You're never going to win 100% of the community with a move such as this but those that made the tough choices are the ones that actually see the long-term picture.

So tell me you got 1k $ or euro in ur bag of DRk tell me pls because ur nonsense isnt worth shit
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:10:23 AM

Thank you for the cheap coins !!  Grin
Excuseme

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:10:30 AM

Like I said idiotic and this will be detrimental...way to fuck it up guys Darkcoin was something great

That is the point that has me upset the most, to make such a drastic(and frankly stupid) change such as this without even having a vote by the darkcoin community/foundation members. Way to go with the "decentralized" currency, Evan. Congrats with your new found dictatorship.

You have to remember Evan has a history of making decisions without votes. Wasn't it just a few short months back when he offered to buy ShadowCash without the community aware :

The total market cap of ShadowCash will be calculated (say for example $600,000), at which point that amount as a percentage of Darkcoin will be created (say for example $16,000,000). $600000/$16000000 will represent an additional 3.75% of Darkcoins market cap. At the merging date, Darkcoin’s market cap will be extended 3.75% to give the ShadowCash users the same value they had in ShadowCash.

Yep, he decided he could just change the rules and "add more coins". Wait a second, maybe he was really trying to by the ShadowCash name instead of the developers?!?! I guess digital cash "Dash" is somewhat the same worse similar.

If so, then he needs to stop trying to run Darkcoin like it's his company where he makes all the decisions, it's a "decentralized currency" for god sakes.

+10000

evan make a Dark Coin, but Dark Coin live untill today because of community, evan should make a vote,...without vote and voice of community coin will be death

I think is impossible to community vote on something like this really, think about it. You vote in the market, if you think Darkcoin rebranding to a more friendly brand will facilitate its adoption and help it acquire a larger market share you vote by Buying. If you think it is better to stay as Darkcoin for future adoption and potential you vote by selling.   Voting will take some time.  

I am looking forward to see Evan's proposed solution to the scalability issue, people completely forgot about that on the middle of the branding discussion.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rebranding-and-scalability.4254/

Go read Evan's announcement, then read the last 50 pages and take some time to make up your own mind.

That's exactly how things like this work. You vote to get changes done, the developer doesn't just come up and do a major change all willy nilly by himself like he owns everything. You're suppose to have a conensus among the community from things like voting. Evan making the name change himself is a literal arrow to the knee.

I can't believe there are actually some in this community that support it. You support the direct opposite approach to decentralization? A dictatorship? 
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:11:26 AM

LOL when OTOH sees the re-branding and pulls his walls cause he to is a DARKcoin lover

Otoh has been directly involved in the rebrand discussions.  You don't need to worry about him pulling any walls.

WTF so you only talk to whales?
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:12:20 AM

The sell support is weak, about 16 btc take is us to .0120.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:12:36 AM

+100

Can people STFU up with Dash already? It's a garbage choice. If it was anything even remotly reasonable we wouldn't see dumps like we haven't seen in months. Dash is done, move on to another name for the rebranding. What a bunch of fools.

In your opinion. But that's all it is, your opinion. Plenty of other people think it's perfectly fitting and will work a treat.

lolikop

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:14:32 AM

Common people DRK is dead withdraw your cash to real dollars while its worth something but DRK pls forget about it
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:15:26 AM

+100

So tell me you got 1k $ or euro in ur bag of DRk tell me pls because ur nonsense isnt worth shit

I done nee to tele u nuffin....i fink ur lame poast is worf efen les

Pages: « 1 ... 4163 4164 4165 4166 4167 4168 4169 4170 4171 4172 4173 4174 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 [4213] 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: