Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:47:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 [4326] 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722722 times)
bertlebbert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:51:44 AM

Some got sold in to my wall which is on Finex still, the whale gambler lost approx 28,000 DRK last night so this is completely consistent with the gambling site dumping those coins, I don't believe that it reflects on the coins prospects at all, but please feel free to sell some more in to my (and other's) walls if you wish.

What website did this whale gambler lose 28,000 Darkcoins on and how do you know it's being dumped? I hope you don't mind telling a small detail such as that, just to confirm that the story is true and you didn't make it up to try and explain the dumping.

On dirrectbet.eu - perhaps they'll confirm or some other way to tell? Also the person who lost may feel it therapeutic to post about it, but right now I don't expect that he's exactly in the mood for that.

Edit: I don't know for sure that it's being dumped by the gambling site, but this seems most likely to me given the timing and quantity.

Wow, that's a tough night for your friend... Sorry to hear it
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:53:49 AM

+ 184.46 billion dashcoins

I am very happy MyFarm is giving everyone a nice exit opportunity. It is really commendable that the DASH community steps up like this to help others. We wish you guys the best in your future endeavors.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:58:57 AM

I've spent the last few days significantly reducing my position in DRK due to this statement by Evan:

As any of you in the USA smart enough to follow financial laws know, the IRS and SEC have made some rather interesting rulings regarding cryptocurrency.  While I am no attorney (but make the habit of occasionally talking to one) I suspect there is going to be some... "Drama" I have been making posts about the important need for, "Business Acumen" in the Darkcoin ranks.  Before I buy back into Darkcoin in size, I now have the requirement that a very well-seasoned business executive that a venture capitalist would love be brought onto the Darkcoin in Darkcoin's future.

team to make and handle business decisions.  Note, this kind of person is going to likely require a large, vesting offering of Darkcoin for the trouble.
You are making this "drama" up from your ass  Roll Eyes
Please, go back to your farm Roll Eyes

I wish that was true.  Let's look at the IRS's guidance on virtual currency, shall we?  http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Virtual-Currency-Guidance

How can Evan own something that is treated as property when I own billions of it as well?  And if he doesn't really own it, how can he make a legal challenge that requires his ownership?

Maybe he can.  Maybe Darkcoin has a team of amazing attorneys that understand cryptocurrency.  All I know, is those 568 shares of Google I own don't allow me to make trademark claims on behalf of Google.

I SUSPECT that whoever owns 50.000000001% of Dashcoin is going to own the Dash financial trademark.  But even then, it could be an ugly fight.  Or maybe not.  It's going to be interesting!  Or maybe not.  Heh.

I think it has to do with who has control over the github repository.  And to be more precise, I think all that does is say we've had the project before the first application for a trademark, therefor we can contend the trademark.  That's it, that's it's only reason for being acquired.  So we can protect our use of the name.  

The owners of dashcoin continue to own their dashcoin which is only worth what someone is willing to pay.  Which means, btw, that if the last sale of a coin was 3 months ago for 0.00000001, and that causes the marketcap to read $3000 or something, it doesn't mean it really is worth $3000, just that that was the last sales price/marketcap that could be registered.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:01:04 AM

I am very happy MyFarm is giving everyone a nice exit opportunity. It is really commendable that the DASH community steps up like this to help others. We wish you guys the best in your future endeavors.

i'm not in the mood for selling and buying....just securing the "original dashcoin" network from DARK intensions and motives with AMD's and Intel's at home from the otherside of the globe  Tongue
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:06:52 AM

i'm not in the mood for selling and buying....just securing the "original dashcoin" network from DARK intensions and motives with AMD's and Intel's at home from the otherside of the globe  Tongue

Sorry, it's unlikely to help you.  But maybe you can resurrect the coin?  Fork it and see if you can get people to buy again?  Otherwise, I suggest you beware what you're spending on Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:07:41 AM

You got us all wrong, I am sure we could be friends. I am sorry this has been a hard process for you but it has nothing to do with DASH(DRK). What would you like to see happen going forward? What do you want?
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:11:30 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 05:01:41 AM by arielbit

I've spent the last few days significantly reducing my position in DRK due to this statement by Evan:

As any of you in the USA smart enough to follow financial laws know, the IRS and SEC have made some rather interesting rulings regarding cryptocurrency.  While I am no attorney (but make the habit of occasionally talking to one) I suspect there is going to be some... "Drama" I have been making posts about the important need for, "Business Acumen" in the Darkcoin ranks.  Before I buy back into Darkcoin in size, I now have the requirement that a very well-seasoned business executive that a venture capitalist would love be brought onto the Darkcoin in Darkcoin's future.

team to make and handle business decisions.  Note, this kind of person is going to likely require a large, vesting offering of Darkcoin for the trouble.

I wish that was true.  Let's look at the IRS's guidance on virtual currency, shall we?  http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Virtual-Currency-Guidance

How can Evan own something that is treated as property when I own billions of it as well?  And if he doesn't really own it, how can he make a legal challenge that requires his ownership?

Maybe he can.  Maybe Darkcoin has a team of amazing attorneys that understand cryptocurrency.  All I know, is those 568 shares of Google I own don't allow me to make trademark claims on behalf of Google.

I SUSPECT that whoever owns 50.000000001% of Dashcoin is going to own the Dash financial trademark.  But even then, it could be an ugly fight.  Or maybe not.  It's going to be interesting!  Or maybe not.  Heh.

I think it has to do with who has control over the github repository.  And to be more precise, I think all that does is say we've had the project before the first application for a trademark, therefor we can contend the trademark.  That's it, that's it's only reason for being acquired.  So we can protect our use of the name.  

The owners of dashcoin continue to own their dashcoin which is only worth what someone is willing to pay.  Which means, btw, that if the last sale of a coin was 3 months ago for 0.00000001, and that causes the marketcap to read $3000 or something, it doesn't mean it really is worth $3000, just that that was the last sales price/marketcap that could be registered.

there is a fork waiting to take over if you guys sabotage it..

price doesn't make the coin dead..even if there is no value i can send you dashcoins from where i am.

edit: uhmm.. the original dash  Wink
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:15:36 AM

The owners of dashcoin continue to own their dashcoin which is only worth what someone is willing to pay.  Which means, btw, that if the last sale of a coin was 3 months ago for 0.00000001, and that causes the marketcap to read $3000 or something, it doesn't mean it really is worth $3000, just that that was the last sales price/marketcap that could be registered.

there is a fork waiting to take over if you guys sabotage it..

price doesn't make the coin dead..even if there is no value i can send you dashcoins from where i am.

Oh, nobody here wants to sabotage your fork at all!  We wish you luck!  If I knew anything about how to do such a thing, I'd happily help you!  Thank you for the offer, but I really don't want to collect any dashcoins Smiley

Oh, and I believe there is nothing wrong with continuing to use it as it is.  The only reason to fork is if you want to continue to develop the coin.  It won't be going anywhere as far as I know, but yes, maybe the repository should be cloned in case it gets wiped.  You're right there, it might happen, I don't know about such things, so taking a copy would be prudent.

buffett

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:20:38 AM

darkcoin stops generating new block since 40 minutes ago, what is going on?

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/chain/Darkcoin
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/
https://bchain.info/DRK/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:24:35 AM

the original DASHCOIN a truly anonymous cryptonote crypto currency

good luck with your new coin, the so called DASH former darkcoin

DASHCOIN uses Cryptonote's proven zero-knowledge ring signature cryptography to ensure privacy.

So...let's buy the name and replace its state-of-the-art technology with Darkcoin's shitty trusted 3rd party-based obfuscation?   Huh

And for what...marketing purposes?   Huh

OMG so much FAIL.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:25:37 AM

100 btc buy wall at XMR on polo at 2.6 mbtc.

I think its Otoh buying himself an hedge position.

everyone should do the same.

there is a war coming

there can only be one coin #1

lets not repeat the 2 last WW mistakes. Lets not be attached to our country, to our coins.

The era of bitcoin is the era of the individual.

Bet on XMR and DRK so you cant lose.

Bet on XMR and DRK so you win.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:28:57 AM

Sorry, it's unlikely to help you.  But maybe you can resurrect the coin?  Fork it and see if you can get people to buy again?  Otherwise, I suggest you beware what you're spending on Smiley

maybe people are starting to buy it since dashcoin name has something and dark is trying to steal it

edit: dashcoin is not dead and i am fully aware since july 2014.

@ Minotaur26

You got us all wrong, I am sure we could be friends. I am sorry this has been a hard process for you but it has nothing to do with DASH(DRK). What would you like to see happen going forward? What do you want?
i want to believe in crypto currency..removing the dev of dashcoin, trying to kill the coin for its name, leaving community to rot simply disgust me..
Sapereaude

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:31:32 AM

there is a war coming

lets not repeat the 2 last WW mistakes. Lets not be attached to our country, to our coins.

Someone trusted 100btc on polo... lol im sure it is a real wall.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:32:20 AM

there is a war coming

Can't you guys just work on your project without coming to place ads here. You are infatuated with DASH, you know the world population is now 7 Billion people, I am pretty sure several projects can be successful.  Just do your thing add value your end users by offering the user friendly features that they need.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:32:39 AM

i'm not in the mood for selling and buying....just securing the "original dashcoin" network from DARK intensions and motives with AMD's and Intel's at home from the otherside of the globe  Tongue

Sorry, it's unlikely to help you.  But maybe you can resurrect the coin?  Fork it and see if you can get people to buy again?  Otherwise, I suggest you beware what you're spending on Smiley

maybe people are starting to buy it since dashcoin name has something and dark is trying to steal it

@ Minotaur26

i want to believe in crypto currency..removing the dev of dashcoin, trying to kill the coin for its name, leaving community to rot simply disgust me..

Um your dev left and opted to sell the repo and rights to us. You're free to fork the coin and continue development if you so desire but according to coinmarketcap, it was pretty much all but dead prior to the Darkcoin's rebrand.
darlidada

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:35:46 AM

otoh just bought 28K DRK from the gambling website. now he buys 30k xmr has an edge.

this is the smart thing to do.

he'll never admit it because is current drk position is more heavy in bitcoins.

but thats what a smart man would do

thats what you all should do

you think i am xmr fanboy insect vermine i am not.

i have dark too

i am no fan boy

i play for me

play for you!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:38:08 AM

You know what?  You guys have been quite nasty to your part time developer!  Why don't you act nice toward him and ask him to continue with the project?  There is nothing to stop him!  Darkcoin got what they wanted to make a case, it really has nothing to do with you all, and maybe the money your developer got (I assume he was compensated) will actually provide him with the means to continue. 

darlidada

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:39:58 AM

there is a war coming

Can't you guys just work on your project without coming to place ads here. You are infatuated with DASH, you know the world population is now 7 Billion people, I am pretty sure several projects can be successful.  Just do your thing add value your end users by offering the user friendly features that they need.

is it true ? i say no.

there can only be one winner. there can only be one coin to fulfill the non transparency niche. its a fight to the deaht between xmr and dark. dark is already dead because its name would have prevented to fullfill it. now it has resurrected to dash. dash has more chances now, but lost his first mover advantage.

we dont know who'll win. i dont. u dont. i bet on 2. smart thing to do. dont u think?

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:41:43 AM

there is a war coming

Can't you guys just work on your project without coming to place ads here. You are infatuated with DASH, you know the world population is now 7 Billion people, I am pretty sure several projects can be successful.  Just do your thing add value your end users by offering the user friendly features that they need.

is it true ? i say no.

there can only be one winner. there can only be one coin to fulfill the non transparency niche. its a fight to the deaht between xmr and dark. dark is already dead because its name would have prevented to fullfill it. now it has resurrected to dash. dash has more chances now, but lost his first mover advantage.

we dont know who'll win. i dont. u dont. i bet on 2. smart thing to do. dont u think?

It certainly didn't lose its first mover advantage... lol
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5052

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:42:40 AM

there is a war coming

Someone trusted 100btc on polo... lol im sure it is a real wall.

We had a 75BTC dump on polo last week @ .0013 LOL Yeah polo is the real deal boys. That retard is crying in his btc this week. Cheesy

Yeah and saying DRK wanted Dashcoins name for their market presence is a fucking joke.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 ... 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 [4326] 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: