Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:32:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 [4333] 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722552 times)
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:36:44 PM

...But what I guarantee you 100% is that...

how are you going to guarantee an opinion by 100%?  and you sold most of your dark so how does that look right now at this juncture when you talk about 'business acumen' lol???
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:40:04 PM

MyFarm, face it, you sold completely out and you're butthurt that the price didn't go as low as you wanted to rebuy. No one with any sort of skin in the game would openly try to derail their own investment.

I didn't completely sell, that's not the way I operate.  I still own some.  Maybe I'm completely incorrect about all of this.  But I feel the danger is real enough that I needed to reduce my position substantially.  As mentioned, I won't buy back into Darkcoin until someone with business acumen is running things.  This isn't FUD trying to rebuy lower.

Good, we could use less of you around here. Smiley

Maybe so.  But what I guarantee you 100% is that you need someone with serious business acumen heading up Darkcoin.  There's too much at stake.  Evan is an amazing developer but his business management and communication skills are very subpar.  You're going to continue to run into serious problems and any serious investor will see that.  You already lost your second most important developer and now have potentially opened yourselves up to serious legal liability.

Not good.

There is still plenty of time in the future for other important roles to be played Dash. Further, to say we lost the second most important developer is a great disservice to UdjinM6, Mr. Hardy, and Mr. Reynders, among countless other contributors.
NocturnalDemon

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:40:32 PM

MyFarm, face it, you sold completely out and you're butthurt that the price didn't go as low as you wanted to rebuy. No one with any sort of skin in the game would openly try to derail their own investment.

I didn't completely sell, that's not the way I operate.  I still own some.  Maybe I'm completely incorrect about all of this.  But I feel the danger is real enough that I needed to reduce my position substantially.  As mentioned, I won't buy back into Darkcoin until someone with business acumen is running things.  This isn't FUD trying to rebuy lower.

Maybe so.  But what I guarantee you 100% is that you need someone with serious business acumen heading up Darkcoin.  There's too much at stake.  Evan is an amazing developer but his business management and communication skills are very subpar.  You're going to continue to run into serious problems and any serious investor will see that.  You already lost your second most important developer and now have opened yourselves up to serious legal liability.

Not good.
Myfarm actually makes a good point here, writing it of as FUD is insane really.
These are legitimate concerns, which I share.
At the end of the day time will tell, I just think this whole re-branding has brought in more trouble then it's worth currently.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:42:22 PM

Darkcoin is changing its name/branding to DASH – Digital Cash.
The new name will start being used officially and in external services from March 25th onwards.

Darkcoin’s vision has always been to create a trustless, decentralised, private and fast payment platform for the benefit of the majority. We are happy with the progress we are making towards reaching this goal. We’ve been able to release instant transaction confirmations, refine our privacy technology and develop our Masternode network into a strong and truly decentralised platform. We’re building a complete solution and working hard to make crypto more suitable for real world adoption. This is why we believe our new brand DASH will better represent all aspects of our platform and make it more accessible to end users.

We are only changing the name, no technology is affected by this. The coin, the blockchain and the people will be the same. Users don’t need to act on this, the next update of the wallet will have the new brand and it will be a standard update.

A new logo design has been commissioned and it will be made available after the Darkcoin Foundation members vote in around a week’s time. Exchanges, payment processors and other services have been notified so they can prepare in advance.

Our ideals remain intact and we will continue to pursue them under any branding we have, now and in the future.

https://www.darkcoin.io/news/rebranding-to-dash/

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:42:46 PM

how are you going to guarantee an opinion by 100%?  and you sold most of your dark so how does that look right now at this juncture when you talk about 'business acumen' lol???

My opinion is based upon years of experience.  The business world is littered with the charred carcases of companies with excellent technology buy no business acumen.  Darkcoin should have brought in someone with substantial business experience many months ago to head things up and improve every important process.  

As I said, I still very much believe in Darkcoin technology and Evan as a developer.  But the risk at this juncture is far too high for me to invest any substantial capital.  Only a business executive I can trust will turn things around would change that.  It's time for Darkcoin to grow up.  If the correct moves aren't made, it never will.  What has transpired the past week showcases that very clearly.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:44:23 PM

Darkcoin is changing its name/branding to DASH – Digital Cash.
The new name will start being used officially and in external services from March 25th onwards.

Darkcoin’s vision has always been to create a trustless, decentralised, private and fast payment platform for the benefit of the majority. We are happy with the progress we are making towards reaching this goal. We’ve been able to release instant transaction confirmations, refine our privacy technology and develop our Masternode network into a strong and truly decentralised platform. We’re building a complete solution and working hard to make crypto more suitable for real world adoption. This is why we believe our new brand DASH will better represent all aspects of our platform and make it more accessible to end users.

We are only changing the name, no technology is affected by this. The coin, the blockchain and the people will be the same. Users don’t need to act on this, the next update of the wallet will have the new brand and it will be a standard update.

A new logo design has been commissioned and it will be made available after the Darkcoin Foundation members vote in around a week’s time. Exchanges, payment processors and other services have been notified so they can prepare in advance.

Our ideals remain intact and we will continue to pursue them under any branding we have, now and in the future.

https://www.darkcoin.io/news/rebranding-to-dash/

Brilliant Tungfa!

Great to see you're getting the message out through official channels even though logos and icons aren't ready yet. It's good.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:46:22 PM

My opinion is based upon years of experience.  The business world is littered with the charred carcases of companies with excellent technology buy no business acumen.  Darkcoin should have brought in someone with substantial business experience many months ago to head things up and improve every important process.  

As I said, I still very much believe in Darkcoin technology and Evan as a developer.  But the risk at this juncture is far too high for me to invest any substantial capital.  Only a business executive I can trust will turn things around would change that.  It's time for Darkcoin to grow up.  If the correct moves aren't made, it never will.

i think we have completely opposite opinions - To me the rebrand is dark growing up and getting their business hat on... each to their own Smiley
MyFarm

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:46:50 PM

Maybe so.  But what I guarantee you 100% is that you need someone with serious business acumen heading up Darkcoin.  There's too much at stake.  Evan is an amazing developer but his business management and communication skills are very subpar.  You're going to continue to run into serious problems and any serious investor will see that.  You already lost your second most important developer and now have potentially opened yourselves up to serious legal liability.

Not good.

There is still plenty of time in the future for other important roles to be played Dash. Further, to say we lost the second most important developer is a great disservice to UdjinM6, Mr. Hardy, and Mr. Reynders, among countless other contributors.

Second most important developer not just because of their coding ability, but they were one of the few voices of reason and diplomacy.
MyFarm

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:49:41 PM

As I said, I still very much believe in Darkcoin technology and Evan as a developer.  But the risk at this juncture is far too high for me to invest any substantial capital.  Only a business executive I can trust will turn things around would change that.  It's time for Darkcoin to grow up.  If the correct moves aren't made, it never will.

i think we have completely opposite opinions - To me the rebrand is dark growing up and getting their business hat on... each to their own Smiley

I agree that rebranding is/was important and I anticipated it happening at some point.  It's how it has been handled that showcases a 5 year old is trying to drive a bulldozer through downtown.  Experienced drivers are needed.
Salkenex

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:49:50 PM

There's really that many companies that have PHOENIX misspelled for their company name?  That's just pathetic.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:49:52 PM

I suggest we hire Bobsurplus or IconicExpert to lead the PR and Business Divisions. If they are unavailable, then perhaps Synechist of XC/Blocknet fame. All with highly recognized and proven results.
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:50:14 PM

I didn't completely sell, that's not the way I operate.  I still own some.  Maybe I'm completely incorrect about all of this.  But I feel the danger is real enough that I needed to reduce my position substantially.  As mentioned, I won't buy back into Darkcoin until someone with business acumen is running things.  This isn't FUD trying to rebuy lower.

Maybe so.  But what I guarantee you 100% is that you need someone with serious business acumen heading up Darkcoin.  There's too much at stake.  Evan is an amazing developer but his business management and communication skills are very subpar.  You're going to continue to run into serious problems and any serious investor will see that.  You already lost your second most important developer and now have potentially opened yourselves up to serious legal liability.

Not good.

Second most important developer not just because of their coding ability, but they were one of the few voices of reason and diplomacy.

he broke ranks publicly, dumped, and abandoned in 5 seconds, off an announcement that a rebrand was under consideration. that isn't reason and diplomacy!!! Cheesy
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:50:37 PM

Though shalt not forget Herr Schinzel !
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:50:39 PM

Not good.

...and also wanted to take the project in a different direction (targeting more of the DNM's) which was never the intent from the start (but obviously a side effect from a natural privacy solution). How can a project "grow up" if it's directly targeting that demographic?
MyFarm

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:54:09 PM

I didn't completely sell, that's not the way I operate.  I still own some.  Maybe I'm completely incorrect about all of this.  But I feel the danger is real enough that I needed to reduce my position substantially.  As mentioned, I won't buy back into Darkcoin until someone with business acumen is running things.  This isn't FUD trying to rebuy lower.

Maybe so.  But what I guarantee you 100% is that you need someone with serious business acumen heading up Darkcoin.  There's too much at stake.  Evan is an amazing developer but his business management and communication skills are very subpar.  You're going to continue to run into serious problems and any serious investor will see that.  You already lost your second most important developer and now have potentially opened yourselves up to serious legal liability.

Not good.

he broke ranks publicly, dumped, and abandoned in 5 seconds, off an announcement that a rebrand was under consideration. that isn't reason and diplomacy!!! Cheesy

She.  And if you've been following Darkcoin development threads, it was simply the straw that broke the camel's back.
MyFarm

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:56:15 PM

Not good.

...and also wanted to take the project in a different direction (targeting more of the DNM's) which was never the intent from the start (but obviously a side effect from a natural privacy solution). How can a project "grow up" if it's directly targeting that demographic?

There's nothing wrong with having a dissenting view.  In fact, it's very healthy to have such views within your business.  I see substantial amounts of cognitive dissonance and a cult-like following within the Darkcoin community.  Having those dissenting views at the developer level were very important.
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:56:33 PM

I agree that rebranding is/was important and I anticipated it happening at some point.  It's how it has been handled that showcases a 5 year old is trying to drive a bulldozer through downtown.  Experienced drivers are needed.

my metrics for success of rebrand would be how quickly it's done and how any short term 'shock factor' damage is minimized - price, team and masternode count are almost the same and it is being done quick, so pass with flying colors in my book Smiley
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:00:10 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 03:32:41 PM by BlockaFett

Not good.

There's nothing wrong with having a dissenting view.  In fact, it's very healthy to have such views within your business.  I see substantial amounts of cognitive dissonance and a cult-like following within the Darkcoin community.  Having those dissenting views at the developer level were very important.

disagree again - every project needs a good leader, when the lead's cornerstones go round the back to try and get their way, it's v bad for the project (i.e. they have their own ambitions and that's going to cause problems sooner or later) EDIT: IDK if this exactly applies to Vertoe but when you see people go against the leader publically it starts to look like that)
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:04:19 PM

Not good.

She.  And if you've been following Darkcoin development threads, it was simply the straw that broke the camel's back.

Vertoe isn't a "she" (that's a misunderstanding that's been running for sometime).

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
MyFarm

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:05:17 PM

I agree that rebranding is/was important and I anticipated it happening at some point.  It's how it has been handled that showcases a 5 year old is trying to drive a bulldozer through downtown.  Experienced drivers are needed.

my metrics for success of rebrand would be how quickly it's done and how any short term 'shock factor' damage is minimized - price, team and masternode count are almost the same and it is being done quick, so pass with flying colors in my book Smiley

If you have a protracted legal battle and you end up losing, how did that rebranding go?  If the developer isn't able to concentrate on coding because they are thinking about the legal issues, how did that rebranding go?  If you have to spend a boatload of money on that legal battle, how did that rebranding go?
Pages: « 1 ... 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 [4333] 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: