Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:32:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 [4339] 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722512 times)
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:56:31 PM

using these products analogy is simply retarded.. crypto currency is closer to stocks than products like big mac, banana etc.

nope, crypto currency is legally property as is a big mac. Neither convey any legal rights other than under property law. Shares on the other hand convey rights under company law including a share of ownership of the actual brand.  (look at it like shares are property with additional rights under company law, crypto currencies don't have those as they are just property)

i am not a lawyer..but why do i feel that darkcoin is destroying my property and creating confusion by buying and selling their property under my property's name?

Good thing Darkcoin isn't selling their property under your property's name. DASH =/= Dashcoin. Further, you're free to continue development at your own leisure.

Thats the point, i pointed out a few times, that all these discussions MyFarm and the other trolls are having are pure speculation.

There was no information published what that darkcoin / dashcoin deal was. The only thing we know for sure is that the github of dashcoin changed. - Does this fact makes any change to your dashcoin? NO. (You can trade, own dashcoin nothing changed at all.)

Noone is destroying anything besides the trolls themselfs.

Darkcoin is not even taking the dashcoin name, its named DASH.
(But i guess reading a word with more then 4 characters is to hard for you trolls)

One of the most concerning things is the Darkcoin community isn't screaming bloody murder about how the Dashcoin deal went down.  You're all forever talking about how you'd have to buy such an enormous amount of masternodes to compromise the network.  Yet what Evan has done is set precedent saying it is ok to take over a coin by buying out the dev and taking over the repo.  This creates a MASSIVE centralization issue for Darkcoin.  What you are all saying is it is ok for a company or government entity to approach Evan (or his eventual successor) with big $$$, buy him out, take over github, and then they have all legal rights to the coin.  They don't have to spend a penny on the open market buying up coins, they don't have to find a vulnerability in the code, they don't have to buy 4000 masternodes.  They just have to find the main developer's price.

And make no mistake, EVERYONE has a price.

Scary.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:58:25 PM

This is clearly coming from someone who understands and has been involved in proper VC funded experiences. This isn't a trolling comment this is actually something every other Suit watching would say if they took the time to read all the crap which they never would.

We have all been acting like kids regarding this. If you are a business man with vision and understanding this comment should sit with you and make you ponder.

i doubt it because one thing VC's aren't is legally-dumb.  myfarm has no clue legally what he is talking about. he mentions 'no legal precedent' in every post because he thinks that means he can buy a big mac and then sue McDonalds for using his trademark lol

there was restaurant opened with the name mang donalds or mang donald (i don't remember exactly)...mcdonalds sue them and won.. dash and dashcoin seems like an easy win here.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:58:38 PM

why buy our dev, github and other accounts? what is the purpose? unless dash dev go out on a selling spree like a sidewalk vendor (slb:dash github for sale..anybody?)

IDK but I assume it's because under trademark law the first person that traded under the name 'dash....' owns the rights to that name.  the people who mined / purchased coins deriving from the mark owner have rights to own their coins under property law but they do not have rights to make any claim on use of the dashcoin name under trademark law because they never owned it. and remember coins are not shares so they have no rights under company law like shares do they are just property.
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:00:00 PM

One of the most concerning things is the Darkcoin community isn't screaming bloody murder about how the Dashcoin deal went down.  You're all forever talking about how you'd have to buy such an enormous amount of masternodes to compromise the network.  Yet what Evan has done is set precedent saying it is ok to take over a coin by buying out the dev and taking over the repo.  This creates a MASSIVE centralization issue for Darkcoin.  What you are all saying is it is ok for a company or government entity to approach Evan (or his eventual successor) with big $$$, buy him out, take over github, and then they have all legal rights to the coin.  They don't have to spend a penny on the open market buying up coins, they don't have to find a vulnerability in the code, they don't have to buy 4000 masternodes.  They just have to find the main developer's price.

Scary.

If you guys don't understand this then it's just pure ignorance. I have no idea which way an actual legal battle will go but the fact you think you can take over a coin by just buying out the dev and all will be okay is mind boggling.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:03:50 PM

using these products analogy is simply retarded.. crypto currency is closer to stocks than products like big mac, banana etc.

nope, crypto currency is legally property as is a big mac. Neither convey any legal rights other than under property law. Shares on the other hand convey rights under company law including a share of ownership of the actual brand.  (look at it like shares are property with additional rights under company law, crypto currencies don't have those as they are just property)

i am not a lawyer..but why do i feel that darkcoin is destroying my property and creating confusion by buying and selling their property under my property's name?

FFS GO AND TALK TO YOUR DEV!!!!!

Dev's done a runner?

Well there's no one to talk to then. This is what happens with anon devs.

DRK is not "destroying your property"!!!

Man oh man...this is just becoming SOOOO tedious!

why buy our dev, github and other accounts? what is the purpose? unless dash dev go out on a selling spree like a sidewalk vendor (slb:dash github for sale..anybody?)

You're asking the wrong people!

This is similar to you being on holidays and returning home to find the neighbours next door who you've have a fond relationship with have suddenly sold up and left without any word and there are new people in that house. So, instead of contacting your old neighbours and asking them what's happened and why did they leave without any warning, you're at the front door of the house banging on it continually saying "Why did you buy this house!!?? Why?? I feel like you've destroyed my relationship with my old neighbours!! Why did you do this!!??" And then when the new people say "You really need to take it up with your old neighbours" you say "I don't know where they've gone and I can't contact them" and then start repeating all over again "Why did you buy this house!!?? Why?? I feel like you've destroyed my relationship with my old neighbours!! Why did you do this!!??"

Can you see how futile this is?

You need to direct your queries to the Dashcoin dev and if you can't contact him then you need to decide whether to exit your DSH position (which is now about 4 time more valuable than it was just a week ago as a result of all of this) or continue on with DSH on a forked version. That's what you bought into when you bought a crypto from an anonymous developer.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:06:44 PM

^ Renegade it's best to ignore because it's just FUD at this stage - I explained to arielbit and MyFarm several times they don't respond and keep posting the same thing like it hasn't been dealt with = FUD.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:08:17 PM

Dev's done a runner?

This is similar to you being on holidays and returning home to find the neighbours next door who you've have a fond relationship with have suddenly sold up and left without any word and there are new people in that house. So, instead of contacting your old neighbours and asking them what's happened and why did they leave without any warning, you're at the front door of the house banging on it continually saying "Why did you buy this house!!?? Why?? I feel like you've destroyed my relationship with my old neighbours!! Why did you do this!!??" And then when the new people say "You really need to take it up with your old neighbours" you say "I don't know where they've gone and I can't contact them" and then start repeating all over again "Why did you buy this house!!?? Why?? I feel like you've destroyed my relationship with my old neighbours!! Why did you do this!!??"

You need to direct your queries to the Dashcoin dev and if you can't contact him then you need to decide whether to exit your DSH position (which is now about 4 time more valuable than it was just a week ago as a result of all of this) or continue on with DSH on a forked version. That's what you bought into when you bought a crypto from an anonymous developer.

yep, that pretty much summarize it in an easy to read style ... thanks.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:08:32 PM

IDK but I assume it's because under trademark law the first person that traded under the name 'dash....' owns the rights to that name.  the people who mined / purchased coins deriving from the mark owner have rights to own their coins under property law but they do not have rights to make any claim on use of the dashcoin name under trademark law because they never owned it. and remember coins are not shares so they have no rights under company law like shares do they are just property.

assuming you are correct..what if the owner of dash died assuming it was evan?where will the ownership go?
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:08:49 PM

One of the most concerning things is the Darkcoin community isn't screaming bloody murder about how the Dashcoin deal went down.  You're all forever talking about how you'd have to buy such an enormous amount of masternodes to compromise the network.  Yet what Evan has done is set precedent saying it is ok to take over a coin by buying out the dev and taking over the repo.  This creates a MASSIVE centralization issue for Darkcoin.  What you are all saying is it is ok for a company or government entity to approach Evan (or his eventual successor) with big $$$, buy him out, take over github, and then they have all legal rights to the coin.  They don't have to spend a penny on the open market buying up coins, they don't have to find a vulnerability in the code, they don't have to buy 4000 masternodes.  They just have to find the main developer's price.

Scary.

If you guys don't understand this then it's just pure ignorance. I have no idea which way an actual legal battle will go but the fact you think you can take over a coin by just buying out the dev and all will be okay is mind boggling.

Again, not sure where all this misconception of "taking over coins" is coming from but Evan approached the lead dev about buying the name, something that the lead dev could have (if they so desired) trademarked but didn't. Evan is essentially trademarking what the original dev could have at the start of the project. For all intensive purposes, the codebase is out there to continue development should you want. By obtaining the rights (and the start date of Dashcoin's project) there is viability to contesting the trademark of a later date. The coin was on the brink of being dead as is and the only reason this is stirring so much ground is because people want want want want want. Quite frankly, no one knows the exact terms on either side... it's all speculation.
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:09:46 PM

sorry to interrupt guys (and girls) but it looks like the proof of service is getting integrated into v.0.11.2
(which is still in testing phase by the way). https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/v0.11.2.x

Proof of service seems to bring the following (subject to change as its still in testing phase) :

- Ensures ports remain open and client are responsive to IX requests.
- Completely 100% decentralized. This farms out the work of checking the masternode network to the masternode network. 1% of the network is determistically selected to check another 1% of the network each block. It takes six separate checks to deactivate a node, thus making it tamper proof.
- Nodes are kept in the masternode list if they fail enough PoSe checks to deactivate. They will continue to be checked until the operator fixes them. However they will not be paid while they're failing checks.

exciting developments

qwizzie

nice - bump
coingun

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:10:02 PM

sorry to interrupt guys (and girls) but it looks like the proof of service is getting integrated into v.0.11.2
(which is still in testing phase by the way). https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/v0.11.2.x

Proof of service seems to bring the following (subject to change as its still in testing phase) :

- Completely 100% decentralized. This farms out the work of checking the masternode network to the masternode network. 1% of the network is determistically selected to check another 1% of the network each block. It takes six separate checks to deactivate a node, thus making it tamper proof.
- Nodes are kept in the masternode list if they fail enough PoSe checks to deactivate. They will continue to be checked until the operator fixes them. However they will not be paid while they're failing checks.

exciting developments

qwizzie

discussion has began here if anyone cares to leave the fudding...

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/posvc-implimentation-discussion.4344
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:12:46 PM

Dev's done a runner?

bought a crypto from an anonymous developer

turning cryptos to big macs again?..myfarm has a better analogy on housing, read back a few pages.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:12:59 PM

One of the most concerning things is the Darkcoin community isn't screaming bloody murder about how the Dashcoin deal went down.  You're all forever talking about how you'd have to buy such an enormous amount of masternodes to compromise the network.  Yet what Evan has done is set precedent saying it is ok to take over a coin by buying out the dev and taking over the repo.  This creates a MASSIVE centralization issue for Darkcoin.  What you are all saying is it is ok for a company or government entity to approach Evan (or his eventual successor) with big $$$, buy him out, take over github, and then they have all legal rights to the coin.  They don't have to spend a penny on the open market buying up coins, they don't have to find a vulnerability in the code, they don't have to buy 4000 masternodes.  They just have to find the main developer's price.

Scary.

Define "take over a coin".

All Dashcoin holders still have their coins. They work just as good as they did two weeks ago. People are mining it. People are trading it. The source is open.

And in case of DRK DASH, the case is not so simple, because there is an official foundation, foundation board, and official dev team in place. Maybe a license or some other document should be made which states who owns what, and when is full vote needed and when only board decision is enough. Perhaps masternode owners could own 30%, foundation members 30%, foundation board owns 30%, and Evan 10%.
coingun

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:14:20 PM

Please comment on things in this new thread that are over your head and I will attempt to break it down. I don't want the discussion to stop just cause my first description was too technical.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/posvc-implimentation-discussion.4344
innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:17:00 PM

This is clearly coming from someone who understands and has been involved in proper VC funded experiences. This isn't a trolling comment this is actually something every other Suit watching would say if they took the time to read all the crap which they never would.

We have all been acting like kids regarding this. If you are a business man with vision and understanding this comment should sit with you and make you ponder.

i doubt it because one thing VC's aren't is legally-dumb.  myfarm has no clue legally what he is talking about. he mentions 'no legal precedent' in every post because he thinks that means he can buy a big mac and then sue McDonalds for using his trademark lol

there was restaurant opened with the name mang donalds or mang donald (i don't remember exactly)...mcdonalds sue them and won.. dash and dashcoin seems like an easy win here.

And what about monero and money?
I'm gonna buy all you money supply for $10k and delete the wallet.. happy?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:17:10 PM

exciting developments

qwizzie

Pity 90% of the hashrate is centralised via 3 pools.

Why not shift blockchain security to the Masternodes using a similar Proof of Service model? It would be literally thousands of times more secure than the current useless arrangement of miners.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:18:17 PM

I don't think any of you have a clue what your talking about over this names stuff.

Making it up as you're going along.

If you've got a registered trademark (which Dashcoin isn't and doesn't) then speak up. Otherwise s.t.f.u. and leave it to the lawyers.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:19:18 PM

And what about monero and money?
what about money and "money" mayweather? ....non issue btw.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 07:19:41 PM

SCENARIOS: by Tao Of Satoshi

1. https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/577544991083487232

2. https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/577545489358393344

Conclusion: https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/577547432269094913

Please RT if you're on Twitter, and bump if it gets buried in useless crap! Thanks.

Cheers,

Tao

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:20:59 PM

exciting developments

qwizzie

Pity 90% of the hashrate is centralised via 3 pools.

Why not shift blockchain security to the Masternodes using a similar Proof of Service model? It would be literally thousands of times more secure than the current useless arrangement of miners.

That's one of the primary reasons POS coins suck is because the largest holders are also responsible for the new money supply. With a POW mining scheme, anyone can fire up some hash and try mining to obtain coins. If it was strictly masternodes securing the network, only those with capital (namely 1k blocks) get new coins unless a person goes out and buys them.
Pages: « 1 ... 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 [4339] 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: