Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:27:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 [4341] 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722674 times)
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:55:29 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 08:15:30 PM by RenegadeMan

using these products analogy is simply retarded.. crypto currency is closer to stocks than products like big mac, banana etc.

nope, crypto currency is legally property as is a big mac. Neither convey any legal rights other than under property law. Shares on the other hand convey rights under company law including a share of ownership of the actual brand.  (look at it like shares are property with additional rights under company law, crypto currencies don't have those as they are just property)

i am not a lawyer..but why do i feel that darkcoin is destroying my property and creating confusion by buying and selling their property under my property's name?

FFS GO AND TALK TO YOUR DEV!!!!!

Dev's done a runner?

Well there's no one to talk to then. This is what happens with anon devs.

DRK is not "destroying your property"!!!

Man oh man...this is just becoming SOOOO tedious!

why buy our dev, github and other accounts? what is the purpose? unless dash dev go out on a selling spree like a sidewalk vendor (slb:dash github for sale..anybody?)

You're asking the wrong people!

This is similar to you being on holidays and returning home to find the neighbours next door who you've have a fond relationship with have suddenly sold up and left without any word and there are new people in that house. So, instead of contacting your old neighbours and asking them what's happened and why did they leave without any warning, you're at the front door of the house banging on it continually saying "Why did you buy this house!!?? Why?? I feel like you've destroyed my relationship with my old neighbours!! Why did you do this!!??" And then when the new people say "You really need to take it up with your old neighbours" you say "I don't know where they've gone and I can't contact them" and then start repeating all over again "Why did you buy this house!!?? Why?? I feel like you've destroyed my relationship with my old neighbours!! Why did you do this!!??"

Can you see how futile this is?

You need to direct your queries to the Dashcoin dev and if you can't contact him then you need to decide whether to exit your DSH position (which is now about 4 time more valuable than it was just a week ago as a result of all of this) or continue on with DSH on a forked version. That's what you bought into when you bought a crypto from an anonymous developer.

bought a crypto from an anonymous developer

turning cryptos to big macs again?..myfarm has a better analogy on housing, read back a few pages.

nonsensical reply that's void of anything relating to the core concept I just laid out for you i.e. for these, your questions:

why buy our dev, github and other accounts? what is the purpose?

I'll re-iterate it again: "you're asking the wrong people"

It's that simple.

it is my right to ask, if you think you are the "wrong people to ask" then do not reply to me.

evan why?

So arielbit after returning home from his vacation to find his favourite neighbours have up and left while he was gone without even a word, decided to go and confront the new neighbours and demand they tell him why the old neighbours left. He bangs on the door and the new neighbour opens the door, a lady of 35 or so years. "Why did you buy this house!!?? Why?? I feel like you've destroyed my relationship with my old neighbours!! Why did you do this!!??" he demands. The lady, somewhat taken aback and perplexed says "You really need to take it up with your old neighbours" and arielbit tells her he doesn't know where they've gone or have any contact details for them.

There's a brief pause between the two conversing, and the new neighbour lady looking at arielbit as if to say 'Well, that's not my problem....sorry but I can't help you as to why they chose to sell their house'. The pause lasts for ten or so seconds when arielbit just starts repeating again "Why did you buy this house!!?? Why?? I feel like you've destroyed my relationship with my old neighbours!! Why did you do this!!??". The new neighbour lady, with some level of incredulity that this guy thinks she knows what the old neighbours they bought the house from were thinking when they sold, says "I'm sorry, I can't help you, you're talking to the wrong person".

At this point arielbit absolutely digs his heels in because he's going to get to the bottom of this shit even if he has to chuck a massive tantrum right there at their front door. So he looks past Mrs new neighbour who's standing in the doorway, trying to peer into the house to see if he can see her husband. Then continuing to look in and not at her he calls out. "Mr new neighbour! Are you there? Why did you buy this house!!?? Why?? I feel like you've destroyed my relationship with my old neighbours!! Why did you do this!!??"....no answer is forthcoming and Mrs new neighbour is finding the whole episode quite comical by now (if not bordering on psycho). He calls out into the void again "Why did you buy this house!!?? Why?? I feel like you've destroyed my relationship with my old neighbours!! Why did you do this!!??". Nothing.....she's looking at him like he's a complete dick head now. No matter....he's not giving up.....he calls out again......and again....the same line "Why did you buy this house!!?? Why?? I feel like you've destroyed my relationship with my old neighbours!! Why did you do this!!??" Any second now he's going to start stamping his feet and chucking a tantrum. And won't they be upset then!! Yes sir, they will!

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:56:34 PM

there was restaurant opened with the name mang donalds or mang donald (i don't remember exactly)...mcdonalds sue them and won.. dash and dashcoin seems like an easy win here.

if mang donalds bought mcdonalds then mcdonalds is dead..
dashcoin and ash are software projects, coin owner  are 'users' not  owner of the brand

Fixed it for you  Wink

(yes, I'm back  Grin)

you clearly answered this then.

to kill the dashcoin..your PR guy minotaur was saying DRK is not killing the coin..trying very hard to make a good face out of DRK

well here it is. i squeezed it out from you guys..thank you.

edit:renegademan enough of your neighbor, and wrong question stuff..your short story sucks..won't bother reading it...coins101..thumbs up for you
bluebit25

Activity: 1680
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 07:58:23 PM

Other than Darkcoin being changed to Dash, are there any exciting developments happening that could make the price jump this or next month?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:02:13 PM

-snip-

You couldn't squeeze an orange. Let's have a simple case study on contract law. Offer and acceptance between a willing seller and willing buyer, with a little consideration to make things legally tight.

Bob: Hey, Alice I wanna buy your buns. (offer)

Alice: Sure, 1 BTC. (consideration)

Bob: Are you sure? (terms)

Alice: Yes. Let's sign a contract. (acceptance and signed terms, aka contract)

Bob: OK, Alice. Deal. Here is your 1 BTC. Let me play with your buns. (consideration passed)

Alice: Thanks, Bob. (done, deal. watertight).

Alice & Bob. Happy  Grin

Hey, where's Fernando when you need him?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:02:42 PM

Other than Darkcoin being changed to Dash, are there any exciting developments happening that could make the price jump this or next month?

keep an eye out on 2FA (two factor authentication) implemented on blockchain level, thats a service that will increase security greatly (i think they are still investigating on how to do this .. so could take awhile)    

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:07:17 PM

Other than Darkcoin being changed to ash, are there any exciting developments happening that could make the price jump this or next month?

Fixed it for you  Wink
Jeff8247

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:11:27 PM

By god MyFarm your dribble against dark is just silly. It seems since spreadcoin went bust you've gone full retard against drk. It's not our fault your messiah (Mr. Spread) left....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:12:39 PM

Other than Darkcoin being changed to ash, are there any exciting developments happening that could make the price jump this or next month?

Fixed it for you  Wink

Fixed your name for you...

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:14:59 PM

Fixed it for you  Wink

That's SOOOO WICKED.

Thanks  Wink

I hadn't thought of that. Forget everything bad I've ever said about Aussies  Grin

(You'll still lose the world cup this year).

edit

Hey, that spells Doins101  Huh Huh Are you taking the piss?
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:17:50 PM

-snip-

You couldn't squeeze an orange. Let's have a simple case study on contract law. Offer and acceptance between a willing seller and willing buyer, with a little consideration to make things legally tight.

Bob: OK, Alice. Deal. Here is your 1 BTC. Let me play with your buns. (consideration passed)

Alice & Bob. Happy  Grin

your a comics guy, me too here i'll show you my comics too before i sleep Wink ....i'm no short story type, sorry renegademan  Tongue
You are going to need to come up with something more unique than Dash, since Dashcoin already exists and other people will confuse it for this or simply call it dashcoin anyway!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.0

There are thousands of failed altcoin projects by now, the names are starting to be like old domain names. The development team acquired the rights to the name from a small abandoned crypto project "Dashcoin" although it was never intended to use the suffix "coin".

Thus we are now DASH, but thanks for watching our backs, it is all taken care of though.

day 1

person a: what is DASH?

dark guy: digital cash..etc. etc.

person a: what is digital cash?

dark guy: well.....it is a cryptocurrency like bitcoin and litecoin

person a: so it is a coin?

dark guy:...yyyyyyes..

day 2

person a: hey person b i heard there is a coin out there named DASH, it claims to be anonymous etc.

person b: so how much is this DASH coin? a piece?..

person a: 3 bucks..... (person b buys)

day 3

person b: hey person c i bought some DASHcoin it is 3 bucks a piece, bought 10..that's 30 bucks   Cheesy

person c: WHAT! fucking rip off...i bought 10 million dashcoins for 1$ at poloniex.com

LOL

btw i removed the logo it seems that people are only looking at it  Cheesy
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:19:58 PM

Fixed it for you  Wink

That's SOOOO WICKED.

Thanks  Wink

I hadn't thought of that. Forget everything bad I've ever said about Aussies  Grin

(You'll still lose the world cup this year).

Ha!

So what bad things have you been saying about us Coins? (come on....I'll have you.....whadda ya got huh?)

In all honesty though, as much as I can see what you're trying to do with the backwards C (and your enthusiasm is commendable) to me it just looks like a backwards C and I don't read into it anything relating to a D.....sorry, but that's just what I see every time you "fix" Dash.....(and if you do it to this one I've just written it will be the same....looks like nothing more than a backwards C)

PS - Yes, we will most likely lose the world cup.

megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:20:13 PM

-snip-

Alice & Bob. Happy  Grin

your a comics guy, me too here i'll show you my comics too before i sleep Wink ....i'm no short story type, sorry renegademan  Tongue
You are going to need to come up with something more unique than Dash, since Dashcoin already exists and other people will confuse it for this or simply call it dashcoin anyway!

There are thousands of failed altcoin projects by now, the names are starting to be like old domain names. The development team acquired the rights to the name from a small abandoned crypto project "Dashcoin" although it was never intended to use the suffix "coin".

Thus we are now DASH, but thanks for watching our backs, it is all taken care of though.

day 1

day 2

person a: hey person b i heard there is a coin out there named DASH, it claims to be anonymous etc.

day 3

person b: hey person c i bought some DASHcoin it is 3 bucks a piece, bought 10..that's 30 bucks   Cheesy

person c: WHAT! fucking rip off...i bought 10 million dashcoins for 1$ at poloniex.com

LOL

btw i removed the logo it seems that people are only looking at it  Cheesy

hmm so you are afraid that someone invests on dashcoin because he thinks its dash? - isn't that just positiv for your dashcoin? Why the fear than?

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:20:27 PM

keep an eye out on 2FA (two factor authentication) implemented on blockchain level, thats a service that will increase security greatly (i think they are still investigating on how to do this .. so could take awhile)    

There are several exciting things coming, specially a potential solution to the scalability issue, that could allow Dash to process billions of transactions a day. A full update of the developing road map will be discussed by Evan on a soon to be released LetsTalkBitcoin show.  DRK will change officially to DASH on March 25th, the show will air after that to support the new branding as it is discussed in the show.  The new scalability technique is what I am most excited about although it is still on the research phase.

Evan today merged Proof of Service into the Github so development is ongoing, Proof of Service is part of the incentivized full node operation model and allows for the network to require a certain Quality of Service by checking other things like the ports being open, the node being responsive, etc. So that for a MN to remain active and get paid we can now have a series of parameters that guarantee a certain quality of service.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:22:27 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 08:34:00 PM by coins101

I should have listened more at school

Now you've got the idea.

Go speak with your (ex)dev. He was the one that had the keys to your Kingdom last. He's probably starting a new project as you dry your eyes.

edit for spelling lol. Wink
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:28:55 PM

-snip-

Alice & Bob. Happy  Grin

your a comics guy, me too here i'll show you my comics too before i sleep Wink ....i'm no short story type, sorry renegademan  Tongue

day 1

day 2

day 3

person b: hey person c i bought some DASHcoin it is 3 bucks a piece, bought 10..that's 30 bucks   Cheesy

LOL

btw i removed the logo it seems that people are only looking at it  Cheesy

hmm so you are afraid that someone invests on dashcoin because he thinks its dash? - isn't that just positiv for your dashcoin? Why the fear than?

the comics is about stealing a name and trying to kill a coin for its name....you guys always point to market cap, investment, price etc., your business practices makes me loose faith in cryptos overall.

edit: specially darkcoin

@ coins101 find a troll like you.bye

alright, that's enough..going to bed now..
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:30:45 PM

-snip-
sorry, but that's just what I see every time you "fix" ash....(and if you do it to this one I've just written it will be the same....looks like nothing more than a backwards C)

PS - Yes, we will most likely lose the world cup.

It's just the font that's making it look not quite right.

If the branding firm are any good, they will make a better job of the font. They might even invent a new font to suit (hey, did I just invent it, or will they?)

Also, subliminal messages will seep into the unconsciousness of the branding guys and girls that look to do their market research on the product they are about to work on. They'll produce the same outcome. I read that in a hocus pocus magazine, Playboy, so it must be true.

wallabies by name, wallabies by nature. No chance, mate. Get the team to save their air fare, and spend it on some steaks for the barbie.
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 08:31:40 PM

My latest screenplay is ready. Any filmmakers interested in the script?

Shit /r/Bitcoin'ers say:

We don't need incentivized nodes! Altruism will keep Bitcoin alive!

I run a full node because my parents pay the electric bill, so what?

A second layer on top of Satoshis network is impossible and useless anyway!

Nakamoto created a perfect system and it can never be improved!

We don't need anonymity. Just keep using new addresses. Future adopters will get used to it and it's SO SAFE!

What do you mean Coinbase is analyzing what I do with my own money and blocks accounts on a whim?

Hah! 'Masternodes'! Sounds centralized to me *hurr durr*

I don't use Bitcoin to pay for anything, I just send it to myself, so I don't give a damn how long a transaction takes!

Instant transactions are impossible and they must be fake, because I can't fathom how it could be done. Also I don't wanna read any whitepapers!

Damn, I wish there was a way not to be tracked by blockchain analysis!

Fuck every single altcoin, they must be scams because they aren't Bitcoin. Also let's circlejerk over this video

RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:33:44 PM

-snip-

Alice & Bob. Happy  Grin

your a comics guy, me too here i'll show you my comics too before i sleep Wink ....i'm no short story type, sorry renegademan  Tongue

day 1

day 2

day 3

person b: hey person c i bought some DASHcoin it is 3 bucks a piece, bought 10..that's 30 bucks   Cheesy

LOL

btw i removed the logo it seems that people are only looking at it  Cheesy

the comics is about stealing a name and trying to kill a coin for its name....you guys always point to market cap, investment, price etc., your business practices makes me loose faith in cryptos overall.

alright, that's enough..going to bed now.

Make sure you get plenty of rest. Tomorrow the husband at the new neighbour's place might be home. You'll be able to go and demand that he tell you why the old neighbours sold. And if he keeps telling you to take it up with the old neighbours tell him you're going to keep asking until they tell you why the old neighbours sold. Just keep the pressure on. I mean there's simply no valid reason why the new neighbours shouldn't know the private thoughts of the old neighbours and why they chose to sell. Keep harassing them.

BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:34:26 PM

Shit /r/Bitcoin'ers say:

We don't need anonymity. Just keep using new addresses. Future adopters will get used to it and it's SO SAFE!

What do you mean Coinbase is analyzing what I do with my own money and blocks accounts on a whim?

I don't use Bitcoin to pay for anything, I just send it to myself, so I don't give a damn how long a transaction takes!

Instant transactions are impossible and they must be fake, because I can't fathom how it could be done. Also I don't wanna read any whitepapers!

Fuck every single altcoin, they must be scams because they aren't Bitcoin. Also let's circlejerk over this video

I'm on board.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:35:41 PM

Shit /r/Bitcoin'ers say:

I was gonna try, but I swear my face hurst from so much laughter with that link !!!  Grin Grin Grin 
I'll have to recompose for a while...
Pages: « 1 ... 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 [4341] 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: