Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:15:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 [4375] 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722723 times)
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:32:55 AM

Hey quick notice! @darkcoinnews rebranding (Not to Dash)

I will not be covering news about Darkcoin anymore and have thus changed my @darkcoinnews twitter account name/logo/etc. I'll still be checking in here regularly since I'm hooked anyways but I won't help promote Darkcoin actively anymore.

While I was optimistic at first for a rebranding, the way the situation was handled was absolutely horrible. Dash itself is IMO quite a bad choice for the name and I've been vocal about that but the fact that no alternatives were seriously discussed and that the decision was made permanent within a few days was a dictator move instead of a decentralized currency and it made me rethink the effort I put into promoting.

I definitely could have lived with Dash if we came up with a few great alternatives and then put it to a real vote. Instead it went from rumors, to first announcement, to confirmation within a few days. (Don't come at me with "A decision HAD to be taken" bullshit, there was no hurry and a few more weeks wouldn't have changed anything).

I'm keeping all my Darkcoin and I remain always impressed by the development speed and the resulting tech. I'll definitely give some Twitter shout outs to interesting developments but it won't be my main focus anymore. So this notice is really for those of you who want to unfollow me.

Let me get this straight... So Evan works full time for 14 months to build the most technologically advanced cryptocurrency on the planet, far surpassing the capabilities of Bitcoin, becoming the number 3 crypto behind Litecoin in the process. Meanwhile, you're so butt hurt about the way the name change process was handled to the extent that you can't be bothered to help anymore? I think Evan has earned the right to make more than one error, even if you could call the name change that. The community had the chance to rally behind a different name. It didn't... it immediately embraced the name (that it had already reached consensus around once before).

So what would you have preferred Evan do? Let the Darkcoin name persist long after it was evident it was holding back the coin? Or would you rather he'd let the uncertainty of the name change debate rage on for weeks? Evan did what leaders do... he did the prudent thing and secured name rights once it was evident the name had consensus. And he did it knowing full well that he couldn't make everyone happy with the decision. So look at the big picture. I'm so very sorry every single thing hasn't been done the way you would have liked. Get over it.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:33:36 AM

oh come on now !
are you serious ?

i just had the same discussion with a whole bunch of people on FB
you are really basing your hard earned $$ and investment on a name !
i think evan explained pretty well what went down, went public and transparent (as always)
+ apologised extensively !

i really do not get it
how people can react like that
( i thought we were past that emotional overreaction by now )
 Cool
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:42:34 AM

I will not be covering news about Darkcoin anymore and have thus changed my @darkcoinnews twitter account name/logo/etc. I'll still be checking in here regularly since I'm hooked anyways but I won't help promote Darkcoin actively anymore.

While I was optimistic at first for a rebranding, the way the situation was handled was absolutely horrible. Dash itself is IMO quite a bad choice for the name and I've been vocal about that but the fact that no alternatives were seriously discussed and that the decision was made permanent within a few days was a dictator move instead of a decentralized currency and it made me rethink the effort I put into promoting.

I definitely could have lived with Dash if we came up with a few great alternatives and then put it to a real vote. Instead it went from rumors, to first announcement, to confirmation within a few days. (Don't come at me with "A decision HAD to be taken" bullshit, there was no hurry and a few more weeks wouldn't have changed anything).

I'm keeping all my Darkcoin and I remain always impressed by the development speed and the resulting tech. I'll definitely give some Twitter shout outs to interesting developments but it won't be my main focus anymore. So this notice is really for those of you who want to unfollow me.

Boohoo, way to handle things like a grown up.

Agreed.  Anonymousxx...really try and move past this.  In the scheme of things it is so insignificant how the name change came about.  Can you image the chaos and the countless pages of discussion had Evan and the dev team put a name change to the entire community?  Shit happened, the technology is the same and now the potential is even greater.  Seems to me the only one losing out here is you.

I think you're missing part of the point.

He is saying he invested a lot of time helping the project along. He felt invested in the project, not just a passive owner of coins. He made choices against his time and he chose to dedicate it freely to the project as an active member of the wider community: 'I'd rather help this project succeed than go for a walk or talk with a friend on the phone.'

Rightly or wrongly, I think he is saying he would have liked to have been involved in the decision making process, even if his view didn't make a difference to the outcome, and the outcome was still the same - the amount of effort that went into helping the project warranted at least some level of acknowledgement by way of engagement in discussion through the forum. I suspect Vertoe had a similar thought process.
TheTommyD

Activity: 319
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:10:23 AM

On another Note.....Who's watching BTC?

As others have Mentioned we're Holding our Own.

I'd almost bet it could go sub $200 again.

BTC: 1DEj5mbjoYXqvRKfoS4yqtdvSKHpQ4hFLu
Sapereaude

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:14:02 AM

Apple, Google, Microsoft all decided on the names of products without me, how dare they!

#tears
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:16:14 AM

Boohoo, way to handle things like a grown up.

Agreed.  Anonymousxx...really try and move past this.  In the scheme of things it is so insignificant how the name change came about.  Can you image the chaos and the countless pages of discussion had Evan and the dev team put a name change to the entire community?  Shit happened, the technology is the same and now the potential is even greater.  Seems to me the only one losing out here is you.

I think you're missing part of the point.

He is saying he invested a lot of time helping the project along. He felt invested in the project, not just a passive owner of coins. He made choices against his time and he chose to dedicate it freely to the project as an active member of the wider community: 'I'd rather help this project succeed than go for a walk or talk with a friend on the phone.'

Rightly or wrongly, I think he is saying he would have liked to have been involved in the decision making process, even if his view didn't make a difference to the outcome, and the outcome was still the same - the amount of effort that went into helping the project warranted at least some level of acknowledgement by way of engagement in discussion through the forum. I suspect Vertoe had a similar thought process.

Aren't we all doing the same ?
I am sitting here too x amount of hours per day ! Cranking out nothing else but DRK - Dash !
it is still childish in my 'humble' opinion to react like that
Evan is the boss, if he wants to or not
if we see it like that or now
i think he is
this is his baby , so why wouldn't he make decisions like this ?
oh we are pushing for Democratic votes now, for everything
man, we still would be voting and disgusting the Fork back last May if it was all a public vote/ decision !

somebody has to step up and make the hard decisions
lucky for us we have evan doing them !
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:24:24 AM

-snip-
oh we are pushing for Democratic votes now, for everything
-snip-

Well, actually, it is a consensus network. So it is a democracy  Wink
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 01:30:41 AM

Hi Anon.   I respect your right to make this decision.  I have seen you mining this coin since the beginning... And I'm sure you have bucket load of coins Wink  I always envied your hash rates too...when I was just mining with my CPUs.   Lol.   In the end... Many community members like myself were very vocal in have darkcoin name change.   Could it have happened smoother or ummm with less drama,  Maybe maybe not.  Either way I respect you for your decision.  Cheers.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:38:31 AM

Apple, Google, Microsoft all decided on the names of products without me, how dare they!

#tears

Apple, Google, Microsoft, are exactly why Satoshi made Bitcoin, to get away from centralized control on important decisions.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:53:33 AM

bump to awesome interview...i just heard that and everyone have to hear this interview so you will know how it works

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Sapereaude

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:55:56 AM

#tears

Apple, Google, Microsoft, are exactly why Satoshi made Bitcoin, to get away from centralized control on important decisions.

You talk to Satoshi often? : p but seriously I am not sure you can say naming dash is equally important as developing the underlying technology. Even if it was I have yet to hear a compelling argument as to why weeks of uncertainty and community friction is preferable to simply ripping the band aid off and going with dash.

Even simple questions like putting together a shortlist or method of voting would have divided and distracted the community. So it seems to have been the right decision, especially since to date I haven't seen and contenders to the name Dash anyway.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:59:15 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 02:27:40 AM by JGCMiner

Executive desisions in general should NOT be democratic as nothing would ever get done. Opinions and assholes...you know the phrase. Coding decisions should be democratic as they are in Bitcoin(i.e. you can decide not to run code that is doing something you don't like). These are two different types of decisions and should be handled differently. Stop conflating the two.

Your recourse if you don't agree with an executive decision is to sell your coins. Evan is the dev but he is also an investor, as such, if enough people sell he will feel the effect. THAT is how the community gets Evan's executive decisions to align with their preferences. In this case, the markets are showing that people on a whole are NOT upset with Evan's decision. In other words, this decision was made with the backing of the majority of the community regardless of whether or not there was a poll or whatever else.

As for Anon... I agree wih Oblox. Either sell your coins to voice your displeasure over the "dictator's" decision or hold your coins to support. Holding, but going out of your way to make a bolded post complaining about stuff just seems petty.
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:07:46 AM

Executive desisions in general should NOT be democratic as nothing would ever get done. Opinions and assholes...you know the phrase. Coding decisions should be democratic as they are in Bitcoin(i.e. you can decide not to run code that is doing something you don't like). These are two different types of decisions and should be handled differently. Stop conflating the two.

Your recourse if you don't agree with an executive decision is to sell your coins. Evan is the dev but he is also an investor, as such, if enough people sell he will feel the effect. THAT is how the community gets Evan's executive decisions to align with their preferences. In this case, the markets are showing that people on a whole are NOT upset with Evan's decision.

As for Anon... I agree wih Oblox. Either sell your coins to voice your displeasure over the "dictator's" decision or hold your coins to support. Holding, but going out of your way to make a bolded post complaining about stuff just seems petty.

If decisions shouldn't be democratic, then why are you here? The entire purpose or cryptocurrencies is so it can be decentralized, and things can be decided by the community, not just get changed by one person whenever and wherever.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:15:43 AM

#tears

You talk to Satoshi often? : p but seriously I am not sure you can say naming dash is equally important as developing the underlying technology. Even if it was I have yet to hear a compelling argument as to why weeks of uncertainty and community friction is preferable to simply ripping the band aid off and going with dash.

Even simple questions like putting together a shortlist or method of voting would have divided and distracted the community. So it seems to have been the right decision, especially since to date I haven't seen and contenders to the name Dash anyway.

I've seen a plethora of alternative names to Dash that have been suggested by the community. What I haven't seen is a vote, a poll, or anything for the darkcoin community to get a say in the name change, neither here or on darkcointalk.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:21:39 AM

Hi Monero Shill!
strix

Activity: 231

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:21:57 AM

...SNIP...

Anonymousxx1503, It is sad for me to read this Cry, you have been an asset here, and will be missed. I commend you for your reasoned tone, and clear rational for your choice. Any positive comments you care to toss our way in the future will be appreciated. And I hope the rest of the community will wish you well also. (Though sadly, I'm sure some will be hurt, and lash out in their frustration.) At the very least I hope they will see that you are not pulling a "vertoe" and being vindictive.

I disagree with you, and do feel that it was more a case of Evan being influenced by the community, rather than enforcing his will on it. I was certainly one lobbying for a name change. I was not initially in favor of Dash, but got no positive feedback on any of my suggestions. Again, I must say I think Evan responded to the community rather than enforced his will.

Go in peace my friend, and should your meanderings bring you back to this fold, I for one will be more than happy to welcome you back. Smiley

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 02:22:30 AM

The latest shift for the Xpool Multipool paid out over 12+ DRK, 40+ BTCD, 73+ FIBRE & 0.075+ BTC.

** We are merge mining on all algos. X11: Unitus - SCRYPT: Dogecoin & ViaCoin & SysCoin & PesetaCoin & GreenCoin - SHA256: DevCoin & NameCoin.

Any problems, please PM as I may miss your post.

Cheers!

www.xpool.ca

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:24:57 AM

Wink
Sapereaude

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:26:00 AM

#tears

I've seen a plethora of alternative names to Dash that have been suggested by the community. What I haven't seen is a vote, a poll, or anything for the darkcoin community to get a say in the name change, neither here or on darkcointalk.

I never said there weren't any alternative names, just that none of the names garnered any real support. Also you haven't provided a compelling argument as to why "why weeks of uncertainty and community friction is preferable to simply ripping the band aid off and going with dash".

Edit: Also you have not explained why naming is as important as the underlying technology. I'm pretty sure people would use cars even if they were named wheelboxes.
BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:31:25 AM

#tears

I never said there weren't any alternative names, just that none of the names garnered any real support. Also you haven't provided a compelling argument as to why "why weeks of uncertainty and community friction is preferable to simply ripping the band aid off and going with dash".

Edit: Also you have not explained why naming is as important as the underlying technology. I'm pretty sure people would use cars even if they were named wheelboxes.

You just need to go through his history to see his intentions Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 [4375] 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: