Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:15:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 [4922] 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722705 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:10:57 PM

Through this https://bitinfocharts.com/darkcoin/

I found that the rewards per block was increased up to 8.38 Dash.

Anyone please explain me:

Does it means the fewer miners the higher rewards per block? And how about max coins? Will the max coins can be much more higher than 22 millions Dashs?

Thank you,

Yes - less miners = more reward
Does not affect max coins

Actually, it does effect the max coins.  However, we're WAY below the required rewards to get to 22 million coins.  The way we've been going, it's more like the max # of coins to be produced will be closer to 16 million according to an estimate I did for myself a while back.  This is from memory, but I doubt we'll hit 19 million in 100 years.  And that doesn't include 10% coins that may never be created due to no approved projects being started later on, as it may become unnecessary to spend the money.

My only point being that it does effect the max number of coins, but even if mining is light, we'll probably never hit that 22 million coin mark.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:42:50 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 08:22:33 PM by TanteStefana2

Did you guys see this article against the block limit increase by Bram Cohen, I thought it was really interesting. And it seems the debate around this issue continues. Is a good read

https://medium.com/@bramcohen/bitcoin-s-ironic-crisis-32226a85e39f

The comments on reddit are interesting too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3apulu/bram_cohen_bitcoins_ironic_crisis/

Edit: In contrast -It's really nice to have a leader and a group of developers who seem to all get on well together.  It seems to me that you all hash ideas out very cordially and brainstorm well together!  I hope it will always be so!  It's so frustrating for us on the outside to see and know the magic you're all creating, but the rest of the world has no clue!  

And I know I'm a fanhag, but that doesn't lessen this amazing project.  In the end, I think the DASH team and Satoshi Nakamoto will be the names remembered in history.

Just a note, I do hope a few other projects will succeed as well, such as ethereum.  But DASH is indeed the best solution to digital cash IMHO.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:15:41 PM

Did you guys see this article against the block limit increase by Bram Cohen, I thought it was really interesting. And it seems the debate around this issue continues. Is a good read

https://medium.com/@bramcohen/bitcoin-s-ironic-crisis-32226a85e39f

The comments on reddit are interesting too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3apulu/bram_cohen_bitcoins_ironic_crisis/

Just looked over it. This guy's an absolute idiot.

Got to love the "transaction fees will go up" argument. The bitcoin network only has a limited capacity for processing transactions. Compare it to internet bandwidth, if you will. Once a pipe fills up, the solution isn't "charge your customers more for internet access in order to drive off the excess demand." The solution is "lay more fiber to accomodate the additional demand."

Granted, if you let transaction fees float high enough, the fees will eventually drive off the excess demand. But I'm not sure that decreasing the transaction volume (i.e. getting fewer people to use bitcoin/use it less frequently) is the solution here!

What a dumbass.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 09:19:35 PM

The metrics I find interesting are that Dash is the only coin to have the seed numbers increase in the last 6 months, many have dropped precipitously, more seeds must make for a stronger Tao sync ratio  Grin
(see how much litecoin has dropped!)

A curious one:-
If you super impose bitcoin's price with 'sent from unique addresses', they are mirror opposite trends.
If you do the same for Dash, the price will track the 'sent from unique addresses' in the same direction.
Is the conclusion that most of bitcoins are staying with a small number of rich players(+hoarders), where as Dash's distribution as a whole marketcap(of the 5.5 million coins) is turned over better, because it tracks the wallet usage, perhaps masternodes coming online and switching ownership adds to this more balanced of correlations ?

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 09:31:22 PM

Hi Guys,

I was participating in a discussion in the altcoin section about: Why we are not seeing new altcoin projects in the top coins by market cap?  

And I wanted to share this here too.

I think is because you are applying a very short time frame, if you think about the top 20 in general with some exceptions, the whole altcoin world is like an incubator for many ideas and some of these are the ideas that showed substance and actually gained traction.  You can't expect substantial innovations to sprout everyday, so I believe from within that list you are presenting, we will have some successful projects that still have a lot of upside potential.

It is also about timing, timing has been identified as the number one factor why start-ups succeed, also the team behind a project is important. Check out this short Ted Talk (6mins) on why start-ups succeed, I think we should apply a similar analysis to altcoins to identify true potential for success.

The factors they found were important for a project success were:

1. Timing

2. Team/Execution

3. Idea

4. Business Model

5. Funding

Bill Gross: The single biggest reason why startups succeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNpx7gpSqbY

There are some parallels with cryptocurrency, but I would say in altcoins funding is much more important, as when you are a company you can get funding by looking for investors, when you are a decentralized currency you don't have that option.  The reason why you are not seeing tons of new altcoins is because having a combination of those 5 factors in a way that creates value and specially that you can time correctly is rare.

I would look for altcoins that have the best combination of all those things and invest in that, I think you see the same projects in the top spots for two reasons. You have a first generation of altcoins like LTC and Doge that had the best possible timing with no added value.  And then you have a second generation of altcoins like NXT and Dash that actually bring value and innovation.

I believe that the projects that will be successful are those that can have the best combination of the factors described above. I also feel these projects will come from existing projects with a certain seniority and not from brand new ones, mainly because the timing is not right for brand new projects, and because the current generation of altcoin projects still has a lot to bring to the table and potential upside, we are not done with this generation yet.  

Specially the Ted Talk, which I really enjoyed and I think it could be extrapolated to altcoins, with some differences.  Do you also feel those factors are relevant for coins too?

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:09:56 AM

Hi Guys,

I was participating in a discussion in the altcoin section about: Why we are not seeing new altcoin projects in the top coins by market cap?  

And I wanted to share this here too.

I think is because you are applying a very short time frame, if you think about the top 20 in general with some exceptions, the whole altcoin world is like an incubator for many ideas and some of these are the ideas that showed substance and actually gained traction.  You can't expect substantial innovations to sprout everyday, so I believe from within that list you are presenting, we will have some successful projects that still have a lot of upside potential.

It is also about timing, timing has been identified as the number one factor why start-ups succeed, also the team behind a project is important. Check out this short Ted Talk (6mins) on why start-ups succeed, I think we should apply a similar analysis to altcoins to identify true potential for success.

1. Timing

2. Team/Execution

3. Idea

4. Business Model

5. Funding

Bill Gross: The single biggest reason why startups succeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNpx7gpSqbY

There are some parallels with cryptocurrency, but I would say in altcoins funding is much more important, as when you are a company you can get funding by looking for investors, when you are a decentralized currency you don't have that option.  The reason why you are not seeing tons of new altcoins is because having a combination of those 5 factors in a way that creates value and specially that you can time correctly is rare.

I would look for altcoins that have the best combination of all those things and invest in that, I think you see the same projects in the top spots for two reasons. You have a first generation of altcoins like LTC and Doge that had the best possible timing with no added value.  And then you have a second generation of altcoins like NXT and Dash that actually bring value and innovation.

I believe that the projects that will be successful are those that can have the best combination of the factors described above. I also feel these projects will come from existing projects with a certain seniority and not from brand new ones, mainly because the timing is not right for brand new projects, and because the current generation of altcoin projects still has a lot to bring to the table and potential upside, we are not done with this generation yet.  

Specially the Ted Talk, which I really enjoyed and I think it could be extrapolated to altcoins, with some differences.  Do you also feel those factors are relevant for coins too?

Yes, whoever wrote that hit it on the nose. 

1. Timing : For Dash, we were a little on the later side.  You could say we got in just as the door was closing.

2. Team/Execution : For Dash, I think we've had and continue to have some of the best.  Not just in talent but in cohesion of the team.

3. Idea : I wasn't one of the people who understood the importance of doing one thing well, but stepped in line behind Evan (I wanted us to do everything, because we could!)  Doing one thing (making true fungible digital cash) hasn't been the easiest thing in the world, and Evan was 100% correct in focusing on doing that one thing well.  The things some of us wanted to do may not even be important in the end after all as there are things happening now that I didn't foresee (though toknormal did!  LOL)

4. Business Model : Again, that doing one thing, and doing it well - great move!

5. Funding : What can be said?  Evan et al, WOW!  And now our project is funded by the blockchain.  Damn that's good!

coingun

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:15:57 AM

Q. How do you comprehensively destroy a cryptocurrency's fungibility ?

A. By wrapping it in various altcoin crispy coatings and creating a heterogeneous coin supply from a previously homogeneous one.

That doesn't sound like its answering fungibility question. Or am I reading it wrong?

Fungibility and Dash - https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=38
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:46:22 AM

Does it means the fewer miners the higher rewards per block? And how about max coins? Will the max coins can be much more higher than 22 millions Dashs?

Thank you,

Great, thank you.

Pump!!!
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 02:58:13 AM

Thank you,

Actually, it does effect the max coins.  However, we're WAY below the required rewards to get to 22 million coins.  The way we've been going, it's more like the max # of coins to be produced will be closer to 16 million according to an estimate I did for myself a while back.  This is from memory, but I doubt we'll hit 19 million in 100 years.  And that doesn't include 10% coins that may never be created due to no approved projects being started later on, as it may become unnecessary to spend the money.

My only point being that it does effect the max number of coins, but even if mining is light, we'll probably never hit that 22 million coin mark.

Emission chart with the lowest reward possible (tnx poiuty!):
https://dash.org.ru/pages/stats.php#emission
~18.6M with the lowest reward, so ~22M is actually quite possible because on average it's a bit higher

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:47:54 AM

i have 2 MN's which are not paid in over 6 days !
new record
lets see when they come in line
 Roll Eyes
Calabi–Yau Manifold

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:28:23 AM

... a massive breakout  Smiley
I can feel it...like a bird can feel an oncoming storm.. Cheesy

I watch Dash to buy again but I am afraid that it can go down.
There was no short uptrend in Dash, while Ltc and Btc rose (and few other altcoins). ;/
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:30:39 AM

new record
 Roll Eyes

I was promised back pay  Cheesy

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:40:34 AM

new record
 Roll Eyes

me too. i hope these nodes don't start at the end of the list, since the refnode is running again.

fingers crossed on the payback
 Wink
pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:58:16 AM

new record
 Roll Eyes

Same here, glad it's not only me.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:16:34 AM

I watch Dash to buy again but I am afraid that it can go down.

In that case, better join the queue in the order book - you won't be lonely, they're all thinking the same thing  Wink

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:18:12 AM

new record
 Roll Eyes

bingo, got a payment on that 6 day node.

NICE !
that is good to know
tx
i am up to 3 by now
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:27:29 AM

new record
 Roll Eyes

NICE !
that is good to know
tx
i am up to 3 by now

will the MN payments be reduced by 10% after 0.12 launch?

no
the 10% were future pay rises for MN payouts
that rise will not happen and we stay at the same payout as we have now
remember that chart evan posted back in the day ....
here it is:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternodes-explanations-guides-setups-tools-for-dash-newcomers-update-may-2015.3055/
(half way down under Payments)

Edit:
that chart i pointed out above will stop at the % we have now
(just to clarify)
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:37:47 AM

Thank you,

Emission chart with the lowest reward possible (tnx poiuty!):
https://dash.org.ru/pages/stats.php#emission
~18.6M with the lowest reward, so ~22M is actually quite possible because on average it's a bit higher

Thanks for your answer. But what would happen if the Difficulty still low year after year? Would the Emission reduce?

Thanks,
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:30:11 PM

DASHpag will be promoting DASH at the Aquidabã tennis Open 2015!
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-on-the-aquidaba-tennis-open.5424/
Tx Raganius and Viva Brazil !!

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:33:55 PM

new record
 Roll Eyes

NICE !
that is good to know
tx
i am up to 3 by now

will the MN payments be reduced by 10% after 0.12 launch?

no
the 10% were future pay rises for MN payouts
that rise will not happen and we stay at the same payout as we have now
remember that chart evan posted back in the day ....
here it is:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternodes-explanations-guides-setups-tools-for-dash-newcomers-update-may-2015.3055/
(half way down under Payments)

Edit:
that chart i pointed out above will stop at the % we have now
(just to clarify)

actually i think the masternodes still get 5% increase (47.5% of blocks feb 2016 and 50% of blocks april 2016) : https://dashtalk.org/threads/vote-self-sustainable-decentralized-governance-by-blockchain.4825/  (see revised payment schedule)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Pages: « 1 ... 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 [4922] 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 4955 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: