Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:34:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 [4955] 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722498 times)
bluebit25

Activity: 1624
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 10:15:09 PM

How is Dash prepared for a scenario like this?

We have undisclosed plans for handling huge transaction volumes eventually, but we're in no immediate danger of something like this in the mean time.

I have an idea, you can offer a service. So let's say you have an unconfirmed transaction and you've waited forever, you didn't use instantX, but "now" would like to. Why not have a way to pay to get your transaction verfied with instantx, while it's sitting there. Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:53:46 PM

A little update on the community crowd-funded animated video.

Wink

https://dashtalk.org/threads/darkcoin-animated-video.2777/page-6
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:23:15 PM

Bittrex down, or do I just a browser problem?
Terwa

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:24:27 PM

Its Ok for me :/
try again
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:29:43 PM

Its Ok for me :/
try again

edit

never mind.

it's back up.

thanks.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:16:57 AM

Some interesting observations in this Coindesk article about the recent Bitcoin forking issues with the BIP66 OpenSSL signature validation alteration. This guy (Fabio Federici from Coinalytics) is in essence suggesting there's too many people using the SPV (Simplified Payment Verification) clients and not enough full nodes being run. It's highlighting just how stuck Bitcoin is on this issue of there being no incentive to run a full Bitcoin node

"The key takeaway is the distribution of full nodes versus SPV nodes. Everyone should run a full node, and maybe it doesn't make sense economically or there are other benefits of an SPV client, but that comes with the risk,"

http://www.coindesk.com/double-spending-risk-bitcoin-network-fork/

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:29:37 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has any suggestions, but I appear to be in a pickle....I think. 

I moved 350 dash to my account on Cryptsy to take advantage of the spike a week or so ago.  Did some trading and had a mix of BTC and DASH.  I'm off doing something else and I get an email saying there was a failed login attempt on my account.  I thought that was odd, but I was not worried in the least because I use 2fa.  I logged in and checked my account, all was well.  I decided to forward that email to support@cryptsy.com showing that there was an attempt just in case it was widespread. I was trying to help out by alerting them.  I didn't give it another thought through the rest of the night. 

Woke up the next morning to find my account locked.  I'm thinking ok, this must be a mistake so I write support and explain that I got that email, I sent it in to them and that everything was fine with the account, plus I use 2fa....so I'm not worried and would they please unlock my account.

Later that day, still no reply to my "locked" account ticket.  So I wrote again.  No reply.  I wrote again and they responded with a canned reply that they have escalated this matter to a tech and appreciate my patience.  Ok I thought, what "matter" and why is it so hard to unlock my account?

I never received another response on that ticket.  I've started to open new tickets by emailing support with different subject lines and they respond back that there is already another ticket open, "thanks for your patience".

Here's the kicker.... I CAN trade using my Android app.  I've made some DASH trading that way during the last week, but I would love for a way to get my (now) 375 DASH off of their exchange.  Without any responses and the fact that I'm being ignored, I feel like a total victim.  That's $1,100+ of mine they are keeping from me.

I don't know what to do, it's been a week and I still don't even know why I can't get on to my account.

Their telephone system just hangs up on you when you call it.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do?
RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:33:37 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has any suggestions, but I appear to be in a pickle....I think.  

I moved 350 dash to my account on Cryptsy to take advantage of the spike a week or so ago.  Did some trading and had a mix of BTC and DASH.  I'm off doing something else and I get an email saying there was a failed login attempt on my account.  I thought that was odd, but I was not worried in the least because I use 2fa.  I logged in and checked my account, all was well.  I decided to forward that email to support@cryptsy.com showing that there was an attempt just in case it was widespread. I was trying to help out by alerting them.  I didn't give it another thought through the rest of the night.  

Woke up the next morning to find my account locked.  I'm thinking ok, this must be a mistake so I write support and explain that I got that email, I sent it in to them and that everything was fine with the account, plus I use 2fa....so I'm not worried and would they please unlock my account.

Later that day, still no reply to my "locked" account ticket.  So I wrote again.  No reply.  I wrote again and they responded with a canned reply that they have escalated this matter to a tech and appreciate my patience.  Ok I thought, what "matter" and why is it so hard to unlock my account?

I never received another response on that ticket.  I've started to open new tickets by emailing support with different subject lines and they respond back that there is already another ticket open, "thanks for your patience".

Here's the kicker.... I CAN trade using my Android app.  I've made some DASH trading that way during the last week, but I would love for a way to get my (now) 375 DASH off of their exchange.  Without any responses and the fact that I'm being ignored, I feel like a total victim.  That's $1,100+ of mine they are keeping from me.

I don't know what to do, it's been a week and I still don't even know why I can't get on to my account.

What's your Cryptsy user ID jetstah? (perhaps "jetstah"?)

If several of us open tickets and put the link to your posting posting with a "Hey, we from the Dash community ask that you help get this resolved for our fellow Dashian ASAP" maybe it will help.

Jestah

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:37:33 AM

I moved 350 dash to my account on Cryptsy to take advantage of the spike a week or so ago.  Did some trading and had a mix of BTC and DASH.  I'm off doing something else and I get an email saying there was a failed login attempt on my account.  I thought that was odd, but I was not worried in the least because I use 2fa.  I logged in and checked my account, all was well.  I decided to forward that email to support@cryptsy.com showing that there was an attempt just in case it was widespread. I was trying to help out by alerting them.  I didn't give it another thought through the rest of the night.  

Woke up the next morning to find my account locked.  I'm thinking ok, this must be a mistake so I write support and explain that I got that email, I sent it in to them and that everything was fine with the account, plus I use 2fa....so I'm not worried and would they please unlock my account.

Later that day, still no reply to my "locked" account ticket.  So I wrote again.  No reply.  I wrote again and they responded with a canned reply that they have escalated this matter to a tech and appreciate my patience.  Ok I thought, what "matter" and why is it so hard to unlock my account?

I never received another response on that ticket.  I've started to open new tickets by emailing support with different subject lines and they respond back that there is already another ticket open, "thanks for your patience".

Here's the kicker.... I CAN trade using my Android app.  I've made some DASH trading that way during the last week, but I would love for a way to get my (now) 375 DASH off of their exchange.  Without any responses and the fact that I'm being ignored, I feel like a total victim.  That's $1,100+ of mine they are keeping from me.

If several of us open tickets and put the link to your posting posting with a "Hey, we from the Dash community ask that you help get this resolved for our fellow Dashian ASAP" maybe it will help.

Is the user id and the name you log in with the same?
RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:39:35 AM

Is the user id and the name you log in with the same?

Yes. Sorry, my ambiguity, just checked login page. Whatever you type into the field "username" after you click on the Login button

Jestah

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:41:39 AM

Yes. Sorry, my ambiguity, just checked login page. Whatever you type into the field "username" after you click on the Login button

I'd feel better if I PMd it.  I'd hate to have 300 attempts on my account giving them a reason to keep it locked.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:43:00 AM

I'd feel better if I PMd it.  I'd hate to have 300 attempts on my account giving them a reason to keep it locked.

Yeah good thinking. I'm in Cryptsy now so PM me your account name and I'll log a ticket  asking for someone to look at your situation.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:53:00 AM

I moved 350 dash to my account on Cryptsy to take advantage of the spike a week or so ago.  Did some trading and had a mix of BTC and DASH.  I'm off doing something else and I get an email saying there was a failed login attempt on my account.  I thought that was odd, but I was not worried in the least because I use 2fa.  I logged in and checked my account, all was well.  I decided to forward that email to support@cryptsy.com showing that there was an attempt just in case it was widespread. I was trying to help out by alerting them.  I didn't give it another thought through the rest of the night. 

Woke up the next morning to find my account locked.  I'm thinking ok, this must be a mistake so I write support and explain that I got that email, I sent it in to them and that everything was fine with the account, plus I use 2fa....so I'm not worried and would they please unlock my account.

Later that day, still no reply to my "locked" account ticket.  So I wrote again.  No reply.  I wrote again and they responded with a canned reply that they have escalated this matter to a tech and appreciate my patience.  Ok I thought, what "matter" and why is it so hard to unlock my account?

I never received another response on that ticket.  I've started to open new tickets by emailing support with different subject lines and they respond back that there is already another ticket open, "thanks for your patience".

Here's the kicker.... I CAN trade using my Android app.  I've made some DASH trading that way during the last week, but I would love for a way to get my (now) 375 DASH off of their exchange.  Without any responses and the fact that I'm being ignored, I feel like a total victim.  That's $1,100+ of mine they are keeping from me.

please keep me posted
if this does NOT resolve in a weeks time
i am attending a BTC meet up here next week with 2 of the Cryptsy guys being present !
PM me on DCT in case you are then (early next week) still not any further with this
Jestah

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:54:34 AM

please keep me posted
if this does NOT resolve in a weeks time
i am attending a BTC meet up here next week with 2 of the Cryptsy guys being present !
PM me on DCT in case you are then (early next week) still not any further with this

OMFG that's awesome.  Will do.
bobby1776

Activity: 315

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:03:04 AM

unfortunately this does not surprise me.  I don't do very much trading on there but if I ever need to withdraw I have to open tickets and get in the chat box.  It's the only exchange that does this to me.  I know others were having similar issues further back and suggested we use bitfinex.  I think it may be time.. hard to deposit any coins on cryptsy any longer..   not to mention bfx is biggest btc exchange volume.

edit:  btw i had to wait almost 24hrs to withdraw my dash yesterday, so this post struck a chord

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:08:44 AM

unfortunately this does not surprise me.  I don't do very much trading on there but if I ever need to withdraw I have to open tickets and get in the chat box.  It's the only exchange that does this to me.  I know others were having similar issues further back and suggested we use bitfinex.  I think it may be time.. hard to deposit any coins on cryptsy any longer..   not to mention bfx is biggest btc exchange volume.

edit:  btw i had to wait almost 24hrs to withdraw my dash yesterday, so this post struck a chord

honestly, there are always some problems with crypts, but
i never lost anything !
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:18:58 AM

honestly, there are always some problems with crypts, but
i never lost anything !

This is pretty much the original set of exchanges that I signed upto,
spot the odd one out  Roll Eyes

mount gox : OMG!
btc-e : hacked
bitfinex:  hacked
mintpal : Has he been charged yet ?
Bter : hacked
Cryptsy : No problems so far that we are aware

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
AnonymousEconomist

Activity: 154

Add me on Twitter! @AnonOnAMoose

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:59:09 AM

Dash is gettin crushed out there!

Anyone ready to take my deal yet?

20 BTC - 2k DASH

Add me on Twitter! @AnonOnAMoose
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:09:24 PM

20 BTC - 2k DASH
Because you are sympatic to me I'll give you 3k, maybe more, for this price.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:49:31 PM

20 BTC - 2k DASH
Because you are sympatic to me I'll give you 3k, maybe more, for this price.

What does "sympatic" mean? I've heard of sympatico (http://www.yourdictionary.com/sympatico) and, of course, sympathetic, but sympatic is a new word I've never seen before.

Pages: « 1 ... 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 4939 4940 4941 4942 4943 4944 4945 4946 4947 4948 4949 4950 4951 4952 4953 4954 [4955] 4956 4957 4958 4959 4960 4961 4962 4963 4964 4965 4966 4967 4968 4969 4970 4971 4972 4973 4974 4975 4976 4977 4978 4979 4980 4981 4982 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: