Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 [5129] 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722629 times)
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 06:24:04 PM

I didn't know you could mine ripple transaction IDs, is this a type of market front running hack then ?

http://availableimagination.com/exploiting-ripple-transaction-ordering-for-fun-and-profit/

' Ripple is hardly suitable for HFT, but it does share one thing in common with HFT markets, and that is that there is latency between a trade being known to the network and it being executed and applied to a closed ledger. Given the previous exploit of being able to manipulate transaction order a slightly more terrifying exploit presents itself:' ...

...“Mine” a transaction id for B which is less than the transaction id of the incoming proposed transaction, but as close as possible.
“Mine” a transaction id for A which is less than the transaction id of B, but as close as possible.
Submit A and then B."

tasty bounty to anyone who produces the miner Wink

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:37:11 PM

Anyone else mining at xpool.ca

x11 returns have gone to pot lately.. GEtting about 0.1 dash for 16KH over 24 hours...

Was getting almost 1 dash a few weeks ago...   Sad

Xpool has payment issues for a long time. I would avoid it.

payment issues?

Care to elaborate cause no one is complaining.

All algo/coins are in the shitter right now, it's not something I can control.

Cheers

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:41:59 PM

Anyone else mining at xpool.ca

x11 returns have gone to pot lately.. GEtting about 0.1 dash for 16KH over 24 hours...

Was getting almost 1 dash a few weeks ago...   Sad

16KH... Huh?

Surely you can't expect to get 1 dash a day with that?!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:40:20 PM

Just saw this sell wall at cryptsy

0.01120000   10067.56396487   112.75671641

I wonder who wants to manipulate the market now ?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:26:09 PM

WOWZERS !!

Bitcontalk.org moderators deleted 6 of my posts today.

None were troll-driven. None were insulting. None were... nothing!! Just basic daily this and that and the other about this and that and the other about cryptos, surrounding Dash, and the crypto-sphere in general. Is it really breaking the rules posting that LTC broke 15 yuan? Or commenting the open CoinWallet BTC spam attack? Or asking when LTC halving occurred? Or considering the amount of scrypt ASIC failed deliveries in the past year and a half?

WOW!

Absolutely NOTHING was out of the rules, I checked!!

This post will surely be short lived as it speaks about moderation, which is in fact, against the rules.
 Like in any oligarchic organisation, where the status-quo is an amorph entity who's physicality shall not be challenged.

I confess I do love paradoxes.
 I wonder if the pseudo-subliminal message will get through.

In theymos we lost respect.

PoW bless www.dashtalk.org.

Feel free to make a poster of this post before it gets deleted and I get banned.

Talk about abuse of power...
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:46:20 PM

WOWZERS !!

Sorry to hear that GhostPlayer, I for one enjoy the insightful postings of the people hear in the Dash thread, and I appreciate the info even if the posts relate to other topics. Not everyone has the time to keep track on all other topics, so I thank you for your posts even if they have now been taken down.
dazbarlby

Activity: 460

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:46:27 PM

WOWZERS !!

None were troll-driven. None were insulting. None were... nothing!! Just basic daily this and that and the other about this and that and the other about cryptos, surrounding Dash, and the crypto-sphere in general. Is it really breaking the rules posting that LTC broke 15 yuan? Or commenting the open CoinWallet BTC spam attack? Or asking when LTC halving occurred? Or considering the amount of scrypt ASIC failed deliveries in the past year and a half?

WOW!

This post will surely be short lived as it speaks about moderation, which is in fact, against the rules.
 Like in any oligarchic organisation, where the status-quo is an amorph entity who's physicality shall not be challenged.

Feel free to make a poster of this post before it gets deleted and I get banned.

I wonder if they'll delete this too :-)
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:01:52 PM

WOWZERS !!

WOW!

I wonder if they'll delete this too :-)
I hope not Wink
keep posting Ghost, even if not 100% on topic, we love here talk about lot of things. And be aware of what is going on outside dash sphere too.
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:27:17 PM

moli just published one more budget proposal on Dashtalk:

Proposal for Testnet Contributors Fund

As you all know we have witnessed an ongoing development of one of the greatest cryptocurrencies in history. We are fortunate to be involved with a wonderful team of talented developers who have been working tirelessly on this project. Also, many people contribute quietly in the background to this project unselfishly with their time and talents.

I have been part of this project since Aug. 4, 2014 because I would like to help with testing the software. I’ve never asked for money or favor for myself, but today I would like to ask the community for their support. Currently we still have about 1588 DASH available for projects, and if this amount of Dash is not allocated, it will be destroyed, will never be mined; this is part of the budget system design. I propose this amount go to Testnet contributors who helped with the infrastructure and testing for version 12. The names of testers for version 12 are on the OP of “V12 Release” thread: https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-release.5888/.

To successfully test Dash enhancements, Testnet needs volunteers to install, manage and test Masternodes, faucets, block explorers, mining software and hardware, and end-user wallets on three different platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux). These cost both time and money. Currently, volunteers are paying these costs out of pocket and offering many hours of their time to test version after version of Dash software. During this testing I downloaded and installed version 12 over 150 times to test!

Many of our volunteers have helped with testing long before this most recent version. These people perform a crucial role testing each component of the project software before releasing to Mainnet and help make releases successful. Although these volunteers have remained quiet helpers, I would like to say “thank you” by compensating them to encourage their continued assistance and support. Please support these volunteers by voting “YES” to this initiative.

I will continue to help and support this project and would like to invite other members to join the testing team to be part of this exciting project. If the proposal is approved, I will present a spreadsheet with the pay plan that I’ve been working on. The compensation will be fair. Any feedback and suggestion will be welcomed. I am going to submit this proposal and will let you know how to vote soon.

Proposal has been submitted. The name of the proposal is "compensate-testers". The command to see all proposal is "mnbudget show". Please vote!

To vote from your wallet console, simply execute this command:

mnbudget vote-many c0e0c1a9d7b64feffae1a0c4a616ec709893a07832cb48e99fbe2d0e295c9ba7 yes

To vote from the command-line:

./dash-cli mnbudget vote-many c0e0c1a9d7b64feffae1a0c4a616ec709893a07832cb48e99fbe2d0e295c9ba7 yes

Thank you for your support!

To discuss it - please visit the original post: https://dashtalk.org/threads/proposal-for-testnet-contributors-fund.6073/

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:40:31 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2015, 10:52:22 PM by oblox

As you all know we have witnessed an ongoing development of one of the greatest cryptocurrencies in history. We are fortunate to be involved with a wonderful team of talented developers who have been working tirelessly on this project. Also, many people contribute quietly in the background to this project unselfishly with their time and talents.

I have been part of this project since Aug. 4, 2014 because I would like to help with testing the software. I’ve never asked for money or favor for myself, but today I would like to ask the community for their support. Currently we still have about 1588 DASH available for projects, and if this amount of Dash is not allocated, it will be destroyed, will never be mined; this is part of the budget system design. I propose this amount go to Testnet contributors who helped with the infrastructure and testing for version 12. The names of testers for version 12 are on the OP of “V12 Release” thread: https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-release.5888/.

To successfully test Dash enhancements, Testnet needs volunteers to install, manage and test Masternodes, faucets, block explorers, mining software and hardware, and end-user wallets on three different platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux). These cost both time and money. Currently, volunteers are paying these costs out of pocket and offering many hours of their time to test version after version of Dash software. During this testing I downloaded and installed version 12 over 150 times to test!

Many of our volunteers have helped with testing long before this most recent version. These people perform a crucial role testing each component of the project software before releasing to Mainnet and help make releases successful. Although these volunteers have remained quiet helpers, I would like to say “thank you” by compensating them to encourage their continued assistance and support. Please support these volunteers by voting “YES” to this initiative.

I will continue to help and support this project and would like to invite other members to join the testing team to be part of this exciting project. If the proposal is approved, I will present a spreadsheet with the pay plan that I’ve been working on. The compensation will be fair. Any feedback and suggestion will be welcomed. I am going to submit this proposal and will let you know how to vote soon.

Proposal has been submitted. The name of the proposal is "compensate-testers". The command to see all proposal is "mnbudget show". Please vote!

mnbudget vote-many c0e0c1a9d7b64feffae1a0c4a616ec709893a07832cb48e99fbe2d0e295c9ba7 yes

./dash-cli mnbudget vote-many c0e0c1a9d7b64feffae1a0c4a616ec709893a07832cb48e99fbe2d0e295c9ba7 yes

To discuss it - please visit the original post: https://dashtalk.org/threads/proposal-for-testnet-contributors-fund.6073/

I could have gotten behind this as a one-time payment to generously reward those that helped with the testing but ongoing is just too much frankly--at 30 people, it's close to $160/mo per person and that's money that could be better spent elsewhere. I'm fine using up the remaining budget this month since the superblock is nearing but not ongoing at that amount. Coming from someone who has done a fair share of testing in previous releases (not so much in the v12 rollout), I know the amount of time and resources that can be involved and I'm certainly not belittling it by not supporting this as it currently stands.

Getting new users and getting the name out there should take precedence here. Excess, unallotted coins should go to sponsoring charitable events and worthy causes. Crypto has such a bad rap over the years that it would do some good to see some positivity and if it attracts new users, it's a win-win.

Everyone running a mainnet masternode should also support testnet by running a testnet masternode. There is no reason not to unless we are talking incredibly barebones boxes here. Tao, update your tutorial to open testnet ports and show people how to actually set up a testnet masternode. People follow your guide as is and if it's in there, there will be testnet masternodes with every new mainnet one.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:48:45 PM

To successfully test Dash enhancements, Testnet needs volunteers to install, manage and test Masternodes, faucets, block explorers, mining software and hardware, and end-user wallets on three different platforms.....The name of the proposal is "compensate-testers"

I like this idea. Testing can be a PITA, because it's a stop-start process, can be dry mundane work. And yet it's one of the most important and crucially useful phases of production.

Recognising the value of people's efforts who contribute to this process would be another brick in the industrial integrity of this project.

If I knew how to, I'd point some voting power at this. Where can I find out how to do it ?

I could have gotten behind this as a one-time payment to generously reward those that helped with the testing but ongoing is just too much frankly--at 30 people, it's close to $160/mo per person and that's money that could be better spent elsewhere

Maybe it could be quota'd. i.e at the end of a given period (say every 3 months) a small budget is dolled out to testers who contributed some minimum threshold of input (either in terms of hours or by completing some specified testing programme such as x-transactions, completing data sheets to prove outcomes etc). It doesn't have to be a lot but a symbolic recognition of input to testing programmes would be a good thing to have IMO.
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:07:59 PM

I could have gotten behind this as a one-time payment to generously reward those that helped with the testing but ongoing is just too much frankly--at 30 people, it's close to $160/mo per person and that's money that could be better spent elsewhere. I'm fine using up the remaining budget this month since the superblock is nearing but not ongoing at that amount. Coming from someone who has done a fair share of testing in previous releases (not so much in the v12 rollout), I know the amount of time and resources that can be involved and I'm certainly not belittling it by not supporting this as it currently stands.

Getting new users and getting the name out there should take precedence here. Excess, unallotted coins should go to sponsoring charitable events and worthy causes. Crypto has such a bad rap over the years that it would do some good to see some positivity and if it attracts new users, it's a win-win.

Everyone running a mainnet masternode should also support testnet by running a testnet masternode. There is no reason not to unless we are talking incredibly barebones boxes here. Tao, update your tutorial to open testnet ports and show people how to actually set up a testnet masternode. People follow your guide as is and if it's in there, there will be testnet masternodes with every new mainnet one.

I thought the same thing but it's actually a one-time Proposal for V12 testing - not a forward moving Proposal -

I like the idea that it's a one-off event and that it is to be paid to those who contributed to the testing process without expecting anything in return. It could also provide additional incentive for helping out on Testnet in the future, if people believe there is a possibility they will receive some sort of compensation.

There's a link to the translations page at the bottom of the V12 testing thread, perhaps they should be compensated for their work too, though maybe another time.

I do like the idea of using the funds for charitable events and worthy causes too.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:28:46 PM

I thought the same thing but it's actually a one-time Proposal for V12 testing - not a forward moving Proposal -

No it's not... it's 12 months of payments. The whole proposal in its current state assuming nothing better comes along amounts to 19056 dash over 12 months--1588/mo
moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 11:32:51 PM

A few questions to think about:

What would be a fair hourly rate?
How many man-hours does each release cycle consume?
At what hourly rate would more volunteers be incentivized to participate?
What service costs are incurred by volunteers?

A different budget has already been allocated for marketing.

Unallotted coins go nowhere, they're never generated in the first place.

This is bad advice.

Quite often, development-branch executables are badly behaved and can affect VPS instances accordingly.
Running a testnet node is fine. Running bleeding-edge, work-in-progress daemons not so much.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
moocowmoo

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 11:37:28 PM

No it's not... it's 12 months of payments. The whole proposal in its current state assuming nothing better comes along amounts to 19056 dash over 12 months--1588/mo

A rough estimate is ~18% of the budget allocated for testing over the next year.

If we can translate that to fewer mainnet updates, I think it's a fair tradeoff for the time being.

I'm voting yes so we don't end up burning coins, but I'm working on a replacement that I think will benefit us all.

(github driven testnet code distribution and test harnessing. Payouts via participation.
Early, early draft phase currently, but the goal in mind is an Internet wide test suite.)

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:42:52 PM

A few questions to think about:

What would be a fair hourly rate?
How many man-hours does each release cycle consume?
At what hourly rate would more volunteers be incentivized to participate?
What service costs are incurred by volunteers?

A different budget has already been allocated for marketing.

Unallotted coins go nowhere, they're never generated in the first place.

This is bad advice.

Quite often, development-branch executables are badly behaved and can affect VPS instances accordingly.
Running a testnet node is fine. Running bleeding-edge, work-in-progress daemons not so much.

There isn't a "fair hourly rate"... it's testing. People engaged in the project should be interested in furthering development (this hasn't been the case) and trying out new features. With boxes less than $1/mo, the resources aren't problematic for testnet. As for development branches and issues running on mainnet vps', I see your concern but not one of my mainnet vps', in any of the historic testing I have done, has been detrimental to my mainnet node... also, creating a separate user to run would help contain things at the user-specific level. There's always the possibility of maxing out resources (ex. mem leaks) causing a crash/lockup, but I would hope most have their nodes setup to autoreboot and to autostart on crashes, so that leaves the debug.log from the experimental binaries intact for resolve.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:47:01 PM

A rough estimate is ~18% of the budget allocated for testing over the next year.

If we can translate that to fewer mainnet updates, I think it's a fair tradeoff for the time being.

I'm voting yes so we don't end up burning coins, but I'm working on a replacement that I think will benefit us all.

(github driven testnet code distribution and test harnessing. Payouts via participation.
Early, early draft phase currently, but the goal in mind is an Internet wide test suite.)

I look forward to seeing what you propose but IMHO 18% at this stage is still too much even with the possibility of burned coins when the user/merchant adoption is still slim at best--which is unfortunate if it came to that when there is a lot of good that can be done at the charity level. I'm not sure how many aggressive mainnet releases are going to be pushed anymore now that DS has drastically improved, budget code is there, and reference node is gone. I don't disagree that there will be, but I think most have already expected a slowdown in terms of frequency of mainnet pushes now that these features have been rolled to mainnet.
moocowmoo

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 11:51:21 PM

There isn't a "fair hourly rate"... it's testing. People engaged in the project should be interested in furthering development (this hasn't been the case) and trying out new features. With boxes less than $1/mo, the resources aren't problematic for testnet. As for development branches and issues running on mainnet vps', I see your concern but not one of my mainnet vps', in any of the historic testing I have done, has been detrimental to my mainnet node... also, creating a separate user to run would help contain things at the user-specific level. There's always the possibility of maxing out resources (ex. mem leaks) causing a crash/lockup, but I would hope most have their nodes setup to autoreboot and to autostart on crashes, so that leaves the debug.log from the experimental binaries intact for resolve.

This is an experiment.  We now have the ability to compensate participation. And as you stated, participation has been lacking.

I agree that there are savvy ways to keep costs to a minimum, but they still are costs. How many more people would join in if they could make a few dollars an hour a few days a month?  Extending this concept with future toolchains, how many more bugs would be found and fixed if bounties were incorporated as well?  This area is ripe for exploration.

Yes, I may be blowing the stability issue out of proportion, but if I don't raise it somebody else will.
The best long term procedure is isolation.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:42:15 AM

I thought no other Budget proposals will come on until this first 3 are live and active
(+ we had time to settle this and work out the details)
 Huh
moocowmoo

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 02:07:05 AM

I thought no other Budget proposals will come on until this first 3 are live and active
(+ we had time to settle this and work out the details)
 Huh

The code will allow it. Anybody can submit a budget at any time.

There are 1588 unallotted DASH on the line.  This budget is attempting to claim what will be burned coins.

Pages: « 1 ... 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 [5129] 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: