Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 [5178] 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:45:34 PM

For Speculation:
Interesting spike in Masternodes; someone knows something we don't I would wager. Perhaps a partnership or main stream coverage?

Pablo.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:17:05 PM

Found some fortune cookies i'm willing to share with you guys (and girls) :

Doesn't really need an explanation, now does it ?  Wink  

Dont be surprised if that alien's name starts with Adam  Roll Eyes

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:17:46 PM

Insider trading is illegal - even for crypto

Ummm, no.

DASH is a lot of things, but it is certainly NOT a U.S. Corporation with publicly traded shares.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:18:16 PM

For Speculation:

Interesting spike in Masternodes; someone knows something we don't I would wager. Perhaps a partnership or main stream coverage?

Pablo.

Personally, I think it was the price drop.  A lot of people accumulated and set up masternodes.  I'm curious to know how many were newcomers here?  It would be nice to get more new people buying and setting up masternodes.  The more distribution the better!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:21:23 PM

For Speculation:

Pablo.

Personally, I think it was the price drop.  A lot of people accumulated and set up masternodes.  I'm curious to know how many were newcomers here?  It would be nice to get more new people buying and setting up masternodes.  The more distribution the better!

I would be extremely surprised if there wasn't an announcement regarding something big and other than what we already know within the next two months or so. I guess not knowing is half the fun; man I wish I had another 20k to buy Dash Cheesy.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:23:01 PM

For Speculation:

Pablo.

Personally, I think it was the price drop.  A lot of people accumulated and set up masternodes.  I'm curious to know how many were newcomers here?  It would be nice to get more new people buying and setting up masternodes.  The more distribution the better!

I would be extremely surprised if there wasn't an announcement regarding something big and other than what we already know within the next two months or so. I guess not knowing is half the fun; man I wish I had another 20k to buy Dash Cheesy.

Pablo.

I sure hope so!  I'm waiting on 2 white papers!  1 is supposed to be 25 pages long, the other 50.  And although I'm sure they'll be dry, they're supposed to be full of amazing new things for Dash, so I'm chomping at the bit to read them!

And I'm excited to start testing v13!  

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Sub-Ether

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:29:25 PM

To scale or not to scale  Grin
https://medium.com/@OB1Company/scaling-bitcoin-9366988972b6

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:31:27 PM

DGBB Proposal - DashWisdom

https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-dashwisdom.6165/

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:35:52 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 08:48:06 PM by eduffield

Someone PM'd me and asked why I was suddenly paying attention to the price, this should answer that Q  Wink

Xcoin to Dash v12

The goal during this phase was to find technological improvements to improve the following aspects of digital currency:

- price stability (volatility reduction for the long term)
- adoption
- privacy
- transaction speeds
- economic issues

I would officially say, we have five-ten years of technology that hasn't been released publicly yet and I'm done tweaking. During this period of time, the price didn't matter, the project was pure speculation and we were just working on the technology.

Present and Future

So now that we have some amazing technology and a vision for the future, I think we can move on to the next phase of the project. We are the first true Decentralized Autonomous Corporation and I would extend my argument to say that Bitcoin and every other cryptocurrency project is NOT.

What do I believe a true DAC requires?:

- Decentralized Team
- Decentralized Funding
- Decentralized Governance
- All costs of the network must be provided for in a decentralized way

Think of every centralized company that you know of and how they operate, then flip that all upside down and try to figure out how to make it purely in a decentralized way without having any centralized components. This is what we've just created and it includes an incredibly powerful funding mechanism, staff, and paid infrastructure that will scale.

So then let’s say we have a centralized company that's a startup and they have some sort of funding mechanism. First, they will spend this seed funding in a way that provides growth and a ROI for their investors. Afterward, they can turn that funding into recurring revenue streams that pay for all of the expenses of the company and allow them to grow.

We are officially at the stage of having the first ever seed funding for the first ever DAC, which means we must use this money as any centralized company would, and provide ourselves ROI on our investments. One of the signals we're going to use is the price. We don't expect instant results, but we definitely expect results over 6-12 months from our initial investment. If we don't see those results, then we'll tweak our strategy and try something else. Rinse and repeat.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Sub-Ether

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:42:16 PM

Yep, having our own unique flashy charts per exchange with tons of settings, colours and frilly edges lends a lot of kudos to Dash and exchanges would appreciate being listed, I'd vote for it if the budget was fair.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:53:52 PM

Yep, having our own unique flashy charts per exchange with tons of settings, colours and frilly edges lends a lot of kudos to Dash and exchanges would appreciate being listed, I'd vote for it if the budget was fair.

Great! So far the Yes vote has it, but there are a lot of details to hammer out before an official proposal can be initiated.

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:57:24 PM

For Speculation:

Pablo.

Personally, I think it was the price drop.  A lot of people accumulated and set up masternodes.  I'm curious to know how many were newcomers here?  It would be nice to get more new people buying and setting up masternodes.  The more distribution the better!

Pablo.

I sure hope so!  I'm waiting on 2 white papers!  1 is supposed to be 25 pages long, the other 50.  And although I'm sure they'll be dry, they're supposed to be full of amazing new things for Dash, so I'm chomping at the bit to read them!

There will be some announcements at the conference Nov 7th, but no whitepapers. There's literally too much information in them and it would just get lost, so we're going to do this slow and steady, then release them later after everyone has a decent idea of what we're doing.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:02:35 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 09:46:24 PM by TaoOfSaatoshi

Someone PM'd me and asked why I was suddenly paying attention to the price, this should answer that Q  Wink

Xcoin to Dash v12

The goal during this phase was to find technological improvements to improve the following aspects of digital currency:

- adoption
- privacy
- transaction speeds
- economic issues

I would officially say, we have five-ten years of technology that hasn't been released publicly yet and I'm done tweaking. During this period of time, the price didn't matter, the project was pure speculation and we were just working on the technology.

Present and Future

So now that we have some amazing technology and a vision for the future, I think we can move on to the next phase of the project. We are the first true Decentralized Autonomous Corporation and I would extend my argument to say that Bitcoin and every other cryptocurrency project is NOT.

- Decentralized Team
- Decentralized Funding

Think of every centralized company that you know of and how they operate, then flip that all upside down and try to figure out how to make it purely in a decentralized way without having any centralized components. This is what we've just created and it includes an incredibly powerful funding mechanism, staff, and paid infrastructure that will scale.

So then let’s say we have a centralized company that's a startup and they have some sort of funding mechanism. First, they will spend this seed funding in a way that provides growth and a ROI for their investors. Afterward, they can turn that funding into recurring revenue streams that pay for all of the expenses of the company and allow them to grow.

We are officially at the stage of having the first ever seed funding for the first ever DAC, which means we must use this money as any centralized company would, and provide ourselves ROI on our investments. One of the signals we're going to use is the price. We don't expect instant results, but we definitely expect results over 6-12 months from our initial investment. If we don't see those results, then we'll tweak our strategy and try something else. Rinse and repeat.

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/644259499616960512

I'll be honest, there has been a lot of information coming from you in the last few days that seems surreal. I'm just now getting my head around the magnitude of what we have created here, and I can't wait to welcome all the new people into the fold that will inevitably be drawn to this.

To say that we are now in uncharted waters would be an understatement. With a superior product, and the means to keep building on our foundation there is no telling what we can accomplish. I've run out of superlatives to describe it so I will just say this:

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin  Wink Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Yeah, that's how I feel.

There will be some announcements at the conference Nov 7th, but no whitepapers. There's literally too much information in them and it would just get lost, so we're going to do this slow and steady, then release them later after everyone has a decent idea of what we're doing.

Always leave 'em wanting more...

blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:07:08 PM

Xcoin to Dash v12

- adoption
- privacy
- transaction speeds
- economic issues

Present and Future

- Decentralized Team
- Decentralized Funding

to dive into the context is that Dash is a new foundation to build a society upon. The state laws can essentially not ban you from trying something else - That would be imprisonment and is highly illegal. Let D run its system and future.

I would also target as a highly important aspect of this system, not mentioned in quote; Decentralized Donation.
The giving back and committing to a better world is something that also is key in mass adoption and has the benefits of a multitude of partnerships of minds thinking of a better vision.

I would propose a budget vote for:
   - Setingt up permanent masternodes never to be touched and rewards donated for whatever well intended acts.
Maybe saving a panda or providing free servers for masternode users. Personally the thought of paying even if it is just a little is bothersome. Providing a service for covering server costs would be nice.
Maybe reimburse lost coins, kickstarters, lottories, marketing, scaling and all of the benefit of a more spread and secure network with more reliability.
ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:26:57 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 09:54:15 PM by ShapeShift.io

ShapeShift has added a buy/sell feature to the real time market data website CoinCap.io! You can now buy or sell DASH straight from the market data website. Learn more about this here: http://bit.ly/1UVFZ7m

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:30:51 PM

I would propose a budget vote for:
   - Setingt up permanent masternodes never to be touched and rewards donated for whatever well intended acts.
Maybe saving a panda or providing free servers for masternode users. Personally the thought of paying even if it is just a little is bothersome. Providing a service for covering server costs would be nice.
Maybe reimburse lost coins, kickstarters, lottories, marketing, scaling and all of the benefit of a more spread and secure network with more reliability.

This would be a great bargaining chip when dealing with governments eventually... we can donate to the public good and earn good will from them in return. By that I mean, say in 10 years we have 100M in "good will" masternode revenue per year. We can negotiate with governments and say, if you do XYZ, we will donate 20M to ABC program in your country. Dash is all about saving pandas...  Grin

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:38:10 PM

ShapeShift has added a buy/sell feature to the real time market data website CoinCap.io! You can now buy or sell DASH straight from the market data website. Learn more about this here: http://bit.ly/1UVFZ7m

You know that's a Darkcoin logo, right?

ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:55:22 PM

Our apologies. There are several logos floating around out there for you guys so we must have mixed them up. Hopefully it now reflects the correct logo but please let us know if it is something else.

You know that's a Darkcoin logo, right?

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:08:38 PM

(can all be found here: https://www.dashpay.io/promotional-graphics/)
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:23:52 PM

This would be a great bargaining chip when dealing with governments eventually...

eduffield does not think small.   Shocked
Pages: « 1 ... 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 [5178] 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: