Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:58:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 [5189] 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 02:48:21 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 09:10:26 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 03:21:00 PM

Whelp - appears that my Pi2b MN wants to crash now - every 2 dayz :-(

ugh....
not good.

Do you have a cron job to restart it when the Pi restarts? Or does the Pi not restart?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:00:24 PM

ugh....
not good.

Do you have a cron job to restart it when the Pi restarts? Or does the Pi not restart?

Pi is not re[boot/start]ing - it just crashes
I have/had a short script running in the background with screen [by:solar...] but
it didn't recover and crashes - uh

have ta think about this one....

might rebuild it - not sure

edit: could SD corrupt but I didn't backup this build - and I know better - haha

Do you have any heatsinks on your pi?  It's such a barebones system.... Sorry, but that's why I won't even use one of my linux boxes.  Our power could go out, all kinds of things happen, and having a vps takes all that headache away for like $5 a month.  Yet, I still had one go down a few days ago, don't know why.  Just before it was due for a payment, LOL.  So shit happens, and if you're able to keep an eye on your pi and don't mind, I suppose it can be lots of fun Cheesy  I plan on using mine for testnet next time, so I'm thankful for all your tutorials!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:45:31 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3lnipw/cryptsy_increases_withdrawal_fees_to_05_with_zero/

Today, without any prior notice, Cryptsy increased its withdrawal fees to 0.5% of your withdrawal plus 0.001BTC (https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/fees). The previous withdrawal fees were 0.001BTC. They have removed trading fees at the same time, which were previously 0.25%. Even taking into account the removal of trading fees, many customers will still be worse off under the new fee policy. For example, I had a significant amount of bitcoin stored in the exchange for trading. Now I cannot withdraw this without paying 0.5% to Cryptsy. By increasing withdrawal fees with no advance notice to users, Cryptsy has effectively just stolen 0.5% of deposits in the exchange.

When Bitfinex changed their fee policy recently, they gave people almost 2 weeks prior notice of the change. Cryptsy on the other hand gave people zero notice. This is extremely unprofessional, and I recommend staying well away from this exchange.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:04:30 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3lnipw/cryptsy_increases_withdrawal_fees_to_05_with_zero/

Today, without any prior notice, Cryptsy increased its withdrawal fees to 0.5% of your withdrawal plus 0.001BTC (https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/fees). The previous withdrawal fees were 0.001BTC. They have removed trading fees at the same time, which were previously 0.25%. Even taking into account the removal of trading fees, many customers will still be worse off under the new fee policy. For example, I had a significant amount of bitcoin stored in the exchange for trading. Now I cannot withdraw this without paying 0.5% to Cryptsy. By increasing withdrawal fees with no advance notice to users, Cryptsy has effectively just stolen 0.5% of deposits in the exchange.

When Bitfinex changed their fee policy recently, they gave people almost 2 weeks prior notice of the change. Cryptsy on the other hand gave people zero notice. This is extremely unprofessional, and I recommend staying well away from this exchange.

Wow, that's fucking bullshit... thanks for the headsup.
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:08:52 PM

Yep I just saw that and went to withdraw my play DASH...... they are essentially stealing coinage I worked hard to "make" by risking it on the peaks.  That is a seriously high fee.  Maybe I should leave my coinage there to see if they revoke the new fee.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:29:55 PM

does anyone mine at coinmine.pw https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406178.680

btw its dev gone and says on its website
I'm sorry, but I should discontinue Coinmine.pw service. I got answer from HDD repair laboratory, what it impossible to restore data for reasonable price. It can be restored, but it costs several thousands dollars. This is much more when total information value.

I was happy to maintain this service for your for about 2 years, it was a nice trip, buy I have no desire to continue this service now.

im sure they were mining dash in that pool too, and if they run away with the coin im sure they dump the coin. which btw might explain why dash price still in this range.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Kuriko

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:45:49 PM

Running a business and using it is two different perspective.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:18:01 PM

does anyone mine at coinmine.pw https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406178.680

I'm sorry, but I should discontinue Coinmine.pw service. I got answer from HDD repair laboratory, what it impossible to restore data for reasonable price. It can be restored, but it costs several thousands dollars. This is much more when total information value.

I was happy to maintain this service for your for about 2 years, it was a nice trip, buy I have no desire to continue this service now.

im sure they were mining dash in that pool too, and if they run away with the coin im sure they dump the coin. which btw might explain why dash price still in this range.

I stopped mining over  year now, but I used this pool extensively. It was the weirdest pool to wrap my head round, but boy did I love it. The dev was highly motivated, responsive and helpful, always on IRC. That was some SERIOUS amount coding there. It was no open-source stuff.

I cannot vouch for anyone, but I doubt than much amount of dedication would end up in running away with coins. On the other hand, it does seem weird that there is no redundancy backup. What, he was seriously running it all that stuff out of one HDD ?
Auxi

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:26:31 PM

Please, spread the hash, coinmine mines +50%
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#!extraction
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:27:17 PM

People have a read below as it appears there are glaring facts about this coin that need to be made public.

This thread is for open discussion on how you can have your very own shitcoin scam by using these tried and true techniques.

We'll be using Darkcoin/Dash as the main example since they pioneered many of the deceptive scam techniques discussed in the following steps!

Maybe you need to recoup some losses from a bad crypto investment? Maybe you just want to improve your life circumstances? Use the following techniques and start making BTC today!

How to launch a shitcoin scam in just 6 easy steps!

Step 1. Mislead as many people as possible about the launch time. Like so:

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

"Definitely not."  

We all know he went on to launch it a couple of hours later, despite his confirmation that he'd wait until the next day at the earliest. Bravo Evan, you're a class act. The pinnacle of integrity and professionalism!

TIP: Don't announce any features in your ANN at launch time. Withhold any plans you have for your coin. It should look as generic a shitcoin as possible in order to eliminate even more competition during our instamine period! Make sure you call the coin something really stupid and generic like "Xcoin", we will change the name several times later on.

The more successful you are with Step 1, the more it will help your instamine in Step 2!

Step 2. INSTAMINE! INSTAMINE! INSTAMINE!

Time to instamine your coin! eduffield sets another fine example here with his Linux-only release. This ensures an optimal instamine period without any pesky windows miners getting in the way of it. Eduffield set the bar very high, he managed to instamine 1.5 million coins in just the first 8 hours of launch.

The best part about this technique is that we can get many more coins than a premine and it won't be displayed on Coinmarketcap as being 'significantly premined'! Taking into account the 5.7 DASH million in current supply,  26.31% of coins were scam instamined in 8 hours. See if you can beat his record!

It's also important to ignore questions about the huge instamine for as long as possible. Deny it ever happened. Viciously attack anyone who posts irrefutable proof of the massive instamine scam. Try to discredit them. Call them trolls and put their names on "troll lists."

Bonus points if you advertise "No premine" in your ANN title like Evan has done here (despite the massive 1.5 million instamine in the first 8 hours of launch).  Did i mention the integrity and professionalism?

Step 3. Lower the total supply and cut the mining rewards drastically once you're done instamining. This is a no-brainer!

-Lower the supply of coins that can ever exist from 80 million to 20 million.
-Cut the mining reward from 500 coins per block to 5 coins per block.

No one will notice. If they do, we'll just call them trolls, try to discredit them and put them on "troll lists" (see Step 2)

We'll also take this opportunity to make a exaggerated claims in order to make the ANN sound better now that we're finished instamining:

- Say you invented "X11" even though you took 11 existing hash functions and chained them together.

- Take CoinJoin's work, implement it in a HYIP masternode scheme. Call it "Darksend" and say you invented it.

Step 4. When your fraudulent instamine gets noticed, start a "Vote" to airdrop an additional 2 million coins (created out of thin air by eduffield) to balance out the fraudulent instamine. Stop the vote early when a few of the other insider instamine scammers complain!

Step 5. When people start rebelling against the scam, no problem. Just change your name! Then change it again!

Step 6. Release yet another gimmick that takes coins from miners and puts them in your pockets. Call them "Superblocks" because you're lame as fuck and actually think it sounds cool. Make sure to call it "decentralized voting" even though 1 person owns over 50% of all masternodes and thus 50% of the vote! Ignore this fact. Call this income stream/dev tax a "feature" and use it to distract from not delivering on your "masternode blinding" feature you announced previously. Don't mention this failure. Ignore any questions about it and just hope people stop asking.

This seriously reminds me of CoinHunter A.K.A. RealSolid and his Solidcoin.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:33:44 PM

I cant believe people still quote trolls like Adam White. Thats just sad .. really really sad.
Oh well, i guess i have room for one more ignore..

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:38:59 PM

ugh....
not good.

Pi is not re[boot/start]ing - it just crashes
I have/had a short script running in the background with screen [by:solar...] but
it didn't recover and crashes - uh

have ta think about this one....

might rebuild it - not sure

edit: could SD corrupt but I didn't backup this build - and I know better - haha

Do you have any heatsinks on your pi?  It's such a barebones system.... Sorry, but that's why I won't even use one of my linux boxes.  Our power could go out, all kinds of things happen, and having a vps takes all that headache away for like $5 a month.  Yet, I still had one go down a few days ago, don't know why.  Just before it was due for a payment, LOL.  So shit happens, and if you're able to keep an eye on your pi and don't mind, I suppose it can be lots of fun Cheesy  I plan on using mine for testnet next time, so I'm thankful for all your tutorials!

No heat-sink - not really needed - and I'm not <setgenerate true 1> anymore so.... heat not really an issue
-a heat crash would reboot the system and not just crash DASH so....
Mangled Blue,
Your crashes or lockups could be caused by static.  I have plastic cases for my Pis and they came with heatsinks.  I would suggest the $10 investment (from ebay) at least to make sure that isn't your problem.  Make sure you get the right Pi2 or Pi1 case since they are different.

The Pi I use to run my USB BFL miners would have lockups with a miner every few days.  Don't know if it was a usb or BFL problem.  I solved it by rebooting once a day.  The Pi uses the same USB chip for networking.  It might be loosing networking for a second or two causing problems.  Who knows.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:41:34 PM

I compiled the exe for Windows... no blocks yet, just a bazillion rejects.

Any chance you could upload that windows client exe? I'd be willing to throw 5k XCO at you. Just make sure it's the latest source from github

"No premine"...

yet was able to throw 5,000 XCO/DRK/DSH/whatever at someone to compile a windows binary.

Launched this coin with only Linux miner available it appears.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:48:42 PM

I stopped mining over  year now, but I used this pool extensively. It was the weirdest pool to wrap my head round, but boy did I love it. The dev was highly motivated, responsive and helpful, always on IRC. That was some SERIOUS amount coding there. It was no open-source stuff.

I cannot vouch for anyone, but I doubt than much amount of dedication would end up in running away with coins. On the other hand, it does seem weird that there is no redundancy backup. What, he was seriously running it all that stuff out of one HDD ?

i lost few coin, but its ok, just few usd worth of coin thanks to auto withdraw. mining for 2 years on this sites and it was awesome place.
btw im sure he will create another pool  Cheesy

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:55:12 PM

Any chance you could upload that windows client exe? I'd be willing to throw 5k XCO at you. Just make sure it's the latest source from github

"No premine"...

yet was able to throw 5,000 XCO/DRK/DSH/whatever at someone to compile a windows binary.

Which was worth 0.125 BTC a couple of weeks after the launch.

Sometimes coins take off and sometimes they don't.
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:55:23 PM

I cant believe people still quote trolls like Adam White. Thats just sad .. really really sad.

Just one more shit-coin advertiser trying to mislead DASH users.  This is so typical. This is diagnosis.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:56:20 PM

It's beyond pathetic at this point. Sociopathic at the very least.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:59:29 PM

Yep I just saw that and went to withdraw my play DASH...... they are essentially stealing coinage I worked hard to "make" by risking it on the peaks.  That is a seriously high fee.  Maybe I should leave my coinage there to see if they revoke the new fee.

It's not a matter of the whether the fee is high, it is that they literally just stole 0.5% of all the coins on the site.

If it were announced ahead of time that would be one thing, but no opportunity to consent or opt out makes it theft.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:00:10 PM

"No premine"...

Which was worth 0.125 BTC a couple of weeks after the launch.

Sometimes coins take off and sometimes they don't.

The price at which it was offered has no bearing.

The mere fact that it was insta-mined is still dishonest.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 ... 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 [5189] 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: