Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:53:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 [6164] 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722677 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 06:44:42 PM

Arielbit. It was an instamine of an almost worthless token at the time. It has proved its worth after much development and changes. Your argument is pointless. There has been plenty of time to buy at cheap prices. If you are worried about the way a coin is distributed why not go and attack the Ripple forums

my investigation shows that ... ^ that was the impression projected to the public, while hiding his plans in making masternodes out of the coins.

It has proved its worth after much development and changes

how about the worth of publicly known plan of creating those masternodes "before" launching Xcoin?..Evan knows before and a month after the launch date but he deliberately kept the public in the dark( the irony-darkcoin LOL).

why are you so defensive? this is not just about the "distribution argument", this is about finding the motive for orchestrating the instamine..
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 06:47:46 PM

I don't understand... if the trolls are so disillusioned and dissatisfied with their scumero coin that they prefer to spend their time focusing on Dash, why don't they just switch to supporting a coin they can actually get some enthusiasm for?  Theyre all so passionate about Dash this would be an obvious choice, but it takes a special kind of stupid to troll the coin they're passionate about whilst silently supporting a scum coin that clearly embarrasses them and bores them to tears....

By all means keep it up though!  We'll be in the 20s by tomorrow  Grin

What exactly makes Monero scummy though? It seems just as legitimate as other "legitimate" coins. The thing being Monero has an independent codebase from Bitcoin and wasn't forked from Litecoin/etc. I don't see how Monero is an embarrassment either as its development has come a long way considering it (again) was not forked from the a Bitcoin style clone and it has a market cap nearly 50% higher than DASH. I just don't see why the two communities have to be so needlessly hateful unless someone can point to a legitimate reason for their disapproval of another coin.

NOTE: I do not currently hold any Monero and I do in fact have a decent sum of DASH.

You're reading too much into what I said. I know very little about Monero. I'm not interested so I stay away. The fact that these trolls can't do that is what leads me to speculate about why they're here instead of there.  If they were proud of and dedicated to their coin, surely they'd be there, which is the only point I was trying to make.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 06:55:22 PM

I don't understand... if the trolls are so disillusioned and dissatisfied with their scumero coin that they prefer to spend their time focusing on Dash, why don't they just switch to supporting a coin they can actually get some enthusiasm for?  Theyre all so passionate about Dash this would be an obvious choice, but it takes a special kind of stupid to troll the coin they're passionate about whilst silently supporting a scum coin that clearly embarrasses them and bores them to tears....

What exactly makes Monero scummy though? It seems just as legitimate as other "legitimate" coins. The thing being Monero has an independent codebase from Bitcoin and wasn't forked from Litecoin/etc. I don't see how Monero is an embarrassment either as its development has come a long way considering it (again) was not forked from the a Bitcoin style clone and it has a market cap nearly 50% higher than DASH. I just don't see why the two communities have to be so needlessly hateful unless someone can point to a legitimate reason for their disapproval of another coin.

NOTE: I do not currently hold any Monero and I do in fact have a decent sum of DASH.

You're reading too much into what I said. I know very little about Monero. I'm not interested so I stay away. The fact that these trolls can't do that is what leads me to speculate about why they're here instead of there.  If they were proud of and dedicated to their coin, surely they'd be there, which is the only point I was trying to make.

Date Registered: August 02, 2016

you are pretty fresh around here...Just watch and learn buddy  Wink
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 06:58:34 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2017, 07:19:56 PM by Macrochip

I just don't see why the two communities have to be so needlessly hateful unless someone can point to a legitimate reason for their disapproval of another coin.

This disgusting narrative has to die.

The Dash community never ever gave a flying fuck about Monero and never attacked it once until they started their retarded fucktard smear campaign driven by Fluffyponzi, smooth and similar scum-assholes of the sort.

This is an indisputable fact. Doubt me? Go and check the Manuro ANN and explain to me why you don't see a single Dash troll there. Or anywhere at all. Who trolls them? Who attacks Monero and where? No one and nowhere. They're the faggots attacking everyone they feel threatened by. Dash being the incredible innovation marvel that it is of course receives the most flak.

Manuro assholes even threaten to damage businesses if they "dare" to take Dash. Proof here

Besides: Monero and every other CryptoNote Coin is fucked anyway. Anonymity being their one and only feature we can't be bothered to worry about it because that shitcoin has no future at all. Why would we go and troll something that's destined for failure anyway? Do you begin to see why they attack us so much? Success. Nothing else.

I don't see how Monero is an embarrassment

Botnet-mined, cripplemined, scam-launched, unscaleable One-Trick-Ponzi Bloatcoin with anonymity on a time limit? Qualifies pretty much as an embarrassment to the entirety of crypto. OneCoin-style.

PS: Make no mistake: The threads that I linked are all RE-actions to Manuro attacks that happened beforehand.

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:09:02 PM

From the beginning, Monero has trolled this thread and repeatedly made false accusations. We didn't start it! A Monero troll even came to a conference that our lead dev presented at, and during Evan's presentation, the Monero guy passed around fliers calling Dash a scam.

So you might want to rework your question--we haven't be hateful to them at all. It's pretty much a one-way street.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 07:31:29 PM

From the beginning, Monero has trolled this thread and repeatedly made false accusations. We didn't start it! A Monero troll even came to a conference that our lead dev presented at, and during Evan's presentation, the Monero guy passed around fliers calling Dash a scam.

So you might want to rework your question--we haven't be hateful to them at all. It's pretty much a one-way street.

Back in the day I bought some Darkcoin, some Monero and some Cloak to try and have a stake in the anon coin niche. Cloak sounded promising but the devs couldn't deliver and it eventually faded away. Monero was very clunky, difficult to run a node and lacking a wallet, but also with very active trolls putting me off the whole thing. Darkcoin grew and innovated, did things I wasn't expecting like introducing governance and budgets renamed to Dash and now is so much more than an when I first heard about it.

The monero trolls are still here, and still putting me off their coin but in a strange way their clownish attempts to discredit Dash help me appreciate Dash even more.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:33:51 PM

i just want to say something about Dash being "locked up" in Masternodes. 

There are economic pressures that happen with this.  If the price of Dash significantly rises, you see the MN count drop, because the price hit the point where it loosened their grip.  This is normal economic activity.  As long as there is currency competition, you WILL see people loosen their grip on their MNs Smiley

Next, just note, the # of MNs vs supply of coins has never exceeded 65%, and mostly stays at 60%.  Why is that?  Economic pressure.

Next, Evolution will allow everyone to trustlessly put away some of their coins in a Masternode contract.  This opens up the ability to earn on savings to virtually everyone.  How will that effect MN count?  I speculate that it will probably stay close to the same where it is now.  Because you'll still have to commit your coins to a time table, probably by making them unspendable for an amount of time, but on the other side of the coin, MN owners won't have to hold 1000 coins anymore.  They can use some of them to fix the doors and windows of their homes and get a new roof!  LOL.  Or in other words, they can continue to earn on 900 Dash and enjoy 100 Dash whichever way they want.  So I see the future as being even more flexible for all Dash holders and the number of MNs remaining stable throughout history.

OK, that's all I wanted to say Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 07:37:09 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2017, 09:07:33 PM by bigrcanada1

I would kindly remind people to not quote the trolls.   Many of us have them on ignore and wish to not see their drivel.

Many thanks....DASH Nation.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:39:52 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2017, 08:45:28 PM by MasterMined710

Dash tsunami... (DASH/USDT)

How can it be any different when a lot of supply is locked in masternodes?
I wonder what will happen when they are trying to sell some of their stash.

Dash has still a low volume compared to others and highest inflation.

I somehow have the feeling that Dash Coins are in the hand of some masternode owners and not spreaded well over the community.
The community is much smaller than others as well.

But let's see how this turns out. Marketing seems great though.

Not sure where this low volume myth comes from, i guess it is from people who only use polo and see ether and monero doing a lot of volume there. problem is until just recently 90%+ of monero's volume was centralized at polo, now it's about 60% centralized on polo today and 20% at hitBTC. Dash is almost always in the top 5-10 as far as volume goes, it's just decentralized over many exchanges. not sure where the inflation myth comes from at all, must be thinking of highly inflationary coins like monero and a few others.

as far as community, the dash btctalk thread is the most popular thread in the btctalk ann section. but yes it is a bit lacking in some areas (reddit) and projects/proposals have been started to address this.

dash does not focus too much on marketing, we are just good at it. we're very efficient and as you can see the trolls help a lot so they are the ones who should get the credit for our effective marketing, thanks guys!  Kiss

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:44:04 PM

Speaking of inflation rate (and given that some coins mined 2x dash in way less time), is someone more savvy than me aware of the inflation rate of top 10 coins on CMC? Have been wondering for a while

it's pure FUD....

Dash - 7,102,287
monero - 13,948,225

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:50:58 PM

enough of playing the victim here...why don't you guys answer my inquiry...i'm waay past my sleeping time here..i expect answers when i wake up.

and oh...blame macrochip, he summoned me here...just happened that i have unfinished questions, the other one was concluded by me and Riseman that DASH anon tech somewhat works by wasting money and wasting time.

@bigrcanada
i hope your sourgrapes are turning a little bit sweeter with this DASH pump  Grin

@Gi01
look at how much the masternodes generate coins compared to coins generated by POW mining  Wink
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 08:03:52 PM

wortless drivel

Poor arielturd. Actually thinks anyone cares about what he has to say.

Wexfgy12

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 08:19:01 PM

Next, Evolution will allow everyone to trustlessly put away some of their coins in a Masternode contract.  This opens up the ability to earn on savings to virtually everyone. 

Next big release will allow decentralised trustless poolng of dash for masternodes?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 08:35:56 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2017, 08:56:44 PM by qwizzie

Next, Evolution will allow everyone to trustlessly put away some of their coins in a Masternode contract.  This opens up the ability to earn on savings to virtually everyone.

Next big release will allow decentralised trustless poolng of dash for masternodes?

yes, Dash Evolution at some point will have Masternode Shares. A decentralized trustless solution, not restricted to 1000 Dash.

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7T-a2xm5c0&index=14&list=PLiFMZOlhgsYJPIiG0bjT1_SuT5h7NqPCC&t=265s

Not sure if it is in the next big release though, could be in later Dash Evolution updates. No date has been set for it yet.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
LiteMine

Activity: 380

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 09:10:37 PM

Their community is scummy, infesting MANY threads including this one with BS accusations, FUD, trolling, etc.   /offtopic
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 09:42:46 PM

http://www.razor-forex.com/2017/02/dash-and-maidsafecoin-climb-to-record.html

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Gi01

Activity: 342
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 10:23:09 PM

Speaking of inflation rate (and given that some coins mined 2x dash in way less time), is someone more savvy than me aware of the inflation rate of top 10 coins on CMC? Have been wondering for a while

it's pure FUD....

Dash - 7,102,287
monero - 13,948,225

Yes, i know that the supply is 2x

But the actual inflation rate? Number of coins/year (not only of dash and of that strange coin, if someone provides them)

Cheers Wink
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 10:34:00 PM

Their community is scummy, infesting MANY threads including this one with BS accusations, FUD, trolling, etc.   /offtopic

That's their marketing. They piggyback Dash almost from the beginning.
What would you expect having arrogant, obnoxious, aggressive, self righteous community of trolls with delusional and lying dev fluffyponzipony who steal people's money from his site mymonero?  Shocked

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 11:11:14 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2017, 11:45:48 PM by Riseman

I had already explained why you can't do this kind of attack and won't do it again. This is not a spam contest. You can't prove a false statement by repeating it.

I am still waiting for you to prove that Evan had the MN concept in mind before he shared it here. It should be impossible to prove unless you can read his mind. But you got caught in this logical trap by yourself, no one forced you Grin And even if he did then I don't see anything drastic here.

Actually I advise you to do some research before posting the same BS over and over again. Follow Icebreaker's example: he knows Dash pretty well and sometimes even mentions real issues of this project. He also exaggerates them to an extremely absurd level which makes it difficult to take him seriously but he still makes some valid points.

You, on the other hand, act at a level of a mediocre chat bot Grin
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 11:21:34 PM

How can it be any different when a lot of supply is locked in masternodes?
None of the supply is "locked in masternodes".

Masternodes do not hold coins.

This is essentially an example of a distinction without a difference.

A user needs to "lockup" 1000 DASH in order to operate a masternode.

The DASH are "locked up" in a wallet because of said user wanting to "operate a masternode".

Gotta love the word splicing here.

Only the Instamine beneficiaries and the independently wealthy get to have Master Nodes.

The rest of us have to use Slave Nodes, over which Master Nodes have complete power.

That's supposed to be a good thing, according to Dash Logic.

The problem with that cult doctrine is that it goes against the concept, recently discovered by Nick Szabo, called social scalability.

The social scalability of an institutional technology depends on how that technology constrains or motivates participation in that institution, including protection of participants and the institution itself from harmful participation or attack.  One way to estimate the social scalability of an institutional technology is by the number of people who can beneficially participate in the institution. Another way to estimate social scalability is by the extra benefits and harms an institution bestows or imposes on participants, before, for cognitive or behavioral reasons, the expected costs and other harms of participating in an institution grow faster than its benefits.  The cultural and jurisdictional diversity of people who can beneficially participate in an institution is also often important, especially in the global Internet context.

When you raise to 1000 Dash ($18,000) the barrier to entry for running a full node (CONOP) you kill decentralization as well as the diversity of participants, which destroys social scalability.

Requiring Slave Nodes to trust Master Nodes also kills social scalability.

These two fatal flaws mean Dash is useless except as a pump-and-dump Ponzi scheme.

Of course all this is theoretical since Dash can't even scale from IPv4 to IPv6.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 [6164] 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: