Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722509 times)
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:43:08 AM

I've read in several places that Darkcoin uses "X11" as a proof-of-work algorithm.
I don't understand if merely mean 11 different hash functions combined, or whether it is it a recognized / defined technology, or something else?
I'd love to read more about it and learn. If anyone can reffer me by posting some links or an answer about this, i'd appreciate. thnx.

It's 11 different algorithms that the developer named X-11 hence the original name of this coin, Xcoin.  A good cpu computer can still hold it's own in the mining of this coin.  Check out the first page, he lists them Smiley
thnx!
I will sound stupid here, but in regards to -
"A good cpu computer can still hold it's own in the mining of this coin", i tried mining on my PC, and it said that it does not support 32-bit.
Should I just drop the thought as being too under-developed, or is there a workaround?
thnx again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:43:44 AM

A good cpu computer can still hold it's own in the mining of this coin.  Check out the first page, he lists them Smiley

well, the ebay seller i bought my blade server from, has promised me, that i will get it delivered tomorrow...

then we will see what it can do :-p

New toys!!  I think I love hardware as much as any guy, LOL  Maybe I'll be able to buy some with my dark someday Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:47:40 AM

I've read in several places that Darkcoin uses "X11" as a proof-of-work algorithm.
I don't understand if merely mean 11 different hash functions combined, or whether it is it a recognized / defined technology, or something else?
I'd love to read more about it and learn. If anyone can reffer me by posting some links or an answer about this, i'd appreciate. thnx.

It's 11 different algorithms that the developer named X-11 hence the original name of this coin, Xcoin.  A good cpu computer can still hold it's own in the mining of this coin.  Check out the first page, he lists them Smiley
thnx!
I will sound stupid here, but in regards to -
"A good cpu computer can still hold it's own in the mining of this coin", i tried mining on my PC, and it said that it does not support 32-bit.
Should I just drop the thought as being too under-developed, or is there a workaround?
thnx again.

If your hardware can do 64 bit, you could duel boot into Ubuntu (or any Linux distro) and mine from there?  But really, on slightly older machines, I'd say maybe just buying some coin would be your best bet, always knowing it could be a failed coin, and you could lose your money!  only use your disposable income!

I mean, I'm mining with my cheaper ATI 5XXX series graphics card and free, single gpu amazon e2 LOL, I get VERY little coin, not even 1 a day now.  I doubt it's worth the electricity I'm throwing at it, but my computer is on anyway and I use it at he same time it's mining, so might as well, eh?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:49:22 AM

A good cpu computer can still hold it's own in the mining of this coin.  Check out the first page, he lists them Smiley

well, the ebay seller i bought my blade server from, has promised me, that i will get it delivered tomorrow...

then we will see what it can do :-p

New toys!!  I think I love hardware as much as any guy, LOL  Maybe I'll be able to buy some with my dark someday Smiley

i bought it with darkcoins :-)

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:04:36 AM

just to share with you guys. darkcoin is my only friend right now.

1) had shitty lucky with Vertcoin getting stuck in cryptsy during the epic rise - ended up losing about 6 BTCs...
2) stuck in cryptsy long enough that I couldn't go back to dogecoin (which i originally sold to get into vertcoin)
3) tonight talked to my parents about my fiancee and i planning a wedding (against their wishes) - didn't go well, banished from family pretty much.
4) no one to drink with tonight after this epic failnight.

only thing i have hope for is darkcoin, which i am mining slowly with 280x (since last week). hope it pays for the wedding so i'll have less to worry about.

darkcoin for my dark times. it's 4AM and im just reloading cryptsy over and over in a zombie state hoping it'll take off sometime.

darkcoin is in its infancy, with time it will be on the top 5

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:11:01 AM

agreed

Hey, maybe tomorrow hot heads will cool Smiley  Good luck!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:14:10 AM

Awesome, good times!

I'm seriously hoping for a new roof on the house, LOL

My plan is sell some at $200 and fix the roof
Sell at $1200 and add to retirement fund, LOL.  but lets face it, if it goes that high, could I get myself to sell?  I'm not that strong or wise...  Roll Eyes

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:32:27 AM

Awesome, good times!

Sell at $1200 and add to retirement fund, LOL.  but lets face it, if it goes that high, could I get myself to sell?  I'm not that strong or wise...  Roll Eyes

dream on

stacking coin
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:34:47 AM

Awesome, good times!

dream on

without dreams, your nothing, at least she has dreams....

hamiltino

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:39:55 AM

Awesome, good times!

Sell at $1200 and add to retirement fund, LOL.  but lets face it, if it goes that high, could I get myself to sell?  I'm not that strong or wise...  Roll Eyes

dream on

Lets come back down to reality for a second.

Zerocoin is around the corner, which doesn't suffer from the issue of being able to track amounts using coinjoin which is what Darkcoin is using. So that already means there is going to be a superior anonymous coin out there.

It also doesn't suffer from the issue of having to have 2 or more transactions occur at the same time for a darksend transaction to go through(otherwise there will be delays).

stacking coin
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:46:33 AM

Awesome, good times!

Sell at $1200 and add to retirement fund, LOL.  but lets face it, if it goes that high, could I get myself to sell?  I'm not that strong or wise...  Roll Eyes

dream on

Zerocoin is around the corner, which doesn't suffer from the issue of being able to track amounts using coinjoin which is what Darkcoin is using. So that already means there is going to be a superior anonymous coin out there.

It also doesn't suffer from the issue of having to have 2 or more transactions occur at the same time for a darksend transaction to go through.

if you would at least try to read what this coin does, we wouldnt be having this conversation, yes, it does use elements from coinjoin, but there are several things included, that has nothing to do with coinjoin, go a few pages back, TanteStefana reposted a brief that eduffield wrote, read that, then we can continue..

besides, zerocoin, really needs to get shaped up, or else you will end with a VERY bloated chain

hamiltino

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:50:54 AM

Awesome, good times!

dream on

It also doesn't suffer from the issue of having to have 2 or more transactions occur at the same time for a darksend transaction to go through.

if you would at least try to read what this coin does, we wouldnt be having this conversation, yes, it does use elements from coinjoin, but there are several things included, that has nothing to do with coinjoin, go a few pages back, TanteStefana reposted a brief that eduffield wrote, read that, then we can continue..

besides, zerocoin, really needs to get shaped up, or else you will end with a VERY bloated chain

I know that it spilts each transaction up into certain decimals. But the amount an individual sends and receives can still be tracked.

stacking coin
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:57:10 AM

I know that it spilts each transaction up into certain decimals. But the amount an individual sends and receives can still be tracked.

Yes, but there is more to it than that, only I can't explain it. You should join the testing, it's always open to anyone.  And my dreams are a bit tongue in cheek, having fun Smiley

I really don't know exactly how it all works, but it seems to work in testing and fast!  I'm wondering if mined coins are included?  There doesn't seem to be any delay in the combining of the amounts before they go out again.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:58:03 AM

Awesome, good times!

dream on

you have to remember that he is working on each step, on step at a time
and from what i can remember, he is dead set on making it truly anon, so of course he knows about the posibility to track the split up amounts, so you can bet your coins on, he also has solutions for that either, now, or soon after.

Zerocoin is also a good contender for being a truly anon coin, but as i stated before, it still bloats the coin chain, so they have to find solutions for their problems as well, and besides no one isnt truly i the knowledge IF zerocoin will stay anon. or if their will be some attacks possible on that coin, since its a new mathematically proof. that, only time will tell.

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:02:40 AM

we are growing, come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

once a week 50% of the fees, will be drawn,
to one lucky winner... is it your turn next?

Pool Pays Witdrawal fee: 0.0
Please spread your hashing power, we dont want 1 pool to have >50%

DDOS Protected pool

Come over to the new server, its blasting fast compared to the old server
old miners, your miners have been port forwarded to the new server,
when you get the time, change it to stratum+tcp://lotterymining.com:4444

hamiltino

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:13:14 AM

Yes, but there is more to it than that, only I can't explain it. You should join the testing, it's always open to anyone.  And my dreams are a bit tongue in cheek, having fun Smiley

I really don't know exactly how it all works, but it seems to work in testing and fast!  I'm wondering if mined coins are included?  There doesn't seem to be any delay in the combining of the amounts before they go out again.

I still think darkcoin is undervalued when compared to the competition.

For example: Worldcoin, Feathercoin, Megacoin , Infinitecoin, quark, novacoin are all in front of darkcoin which i don't see why they should be.

stacking coin
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:16:17 AM

I really don't know exactly how it all works, but it seems to work in testing and fast!  I'm wondering if mined coins are included?  There doesn't seem to be any delay in the combining of the amounts before they go out again.

I still think darkcoin is undervalued when compared to the competition.

For example: Worldcoin, Feathercoin, Infinitecoin, quark, novacoin are all in front of darkcoin which i don't see why they should be.

that, :-) we can all agree on :-)

glockjs

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:16:36 AM

Awesome, good times!

dream on

you have to remember that he is working on each step, on step at a time
and from what i can remember, he is dead set on making it truly anon, so of course he knows about the posibility to track the split up amounts, so you can bet your coins on, he also has solutions for that either, now, or soon after.

Zerocoin is also a good contender for being a truly anon coin, but as i stated before, it still bloats the coin chain, so they have to find solutions for their problems as well, and besides no one isnt truly i the knowledge IF zerocoin will stay anon. or if their will be some attacks possible on that coin, since its a new mathematically proof. that, only time will tell.

the thing is people are still talking about zerocoin in theory. i've seen talk about zerocoin for awhile now. thing is...darkcoin exists and has been actively tested and is ready to roll out. zerocoin does not exist and is ready to be talked about some more :/
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:18:04 AM

Btw, TanteStefana,

I fixed the estimates, they should reflect a more real estimate on the new server :-)

avanda1121

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:22:05 AM

Is there any mining calculator for darkcoin?
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: