Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:22:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722511 times)
slyA

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:07:59 PM

A lack of response to some technical questions raised a few pages back seems to be tanking confidence in DRK...

And what question might that be?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:14:06 PM

A lack of response to some technical questions raised a few pages back seems to be tanking confidence in DRK...

Several points, which I disagree with, relating to darksend integration and anonymity protections.

I'm satisfied from my own research, but I didn't see any response to the questions raised...

So, HUGE progress this morning! I have a proof-of-concept of the anonymous transactions working on testnet! Here's some screenshots, these were 3 separate transactions sent to 3 different addresses, at separate times.

Notice how you can't tell who is sending to who. Soon all blocks will only have 2 transactions, 1 for the creation event and a merged transaction with everything else.

http://www.xcoin.co/coinjoin1.png
http://www.xcoin.co/coinjoin2.png

That's so cool you got it working, but could you explain to those of us that aren't knowledgeable what it all means please?  I understand how it's supposed to work, I just don't understand how to read the chart,  Cheesy  Tongue

I also feel that if you were to explain it, there would be great interest from the public!  Thanks!

Bitcoin is often promoted as being somewhat anonymous, but the main problem is that if I know your address, I can literally tell everyone you've ever paid. Imagine everyone you met, was able to see everything you bought in your checking account. That's pretty much the situation Bitcoin and other alt-coins are currently in. We need to move quickly to a anonymity-by-default approach.

There are many solutions out there for fixing this and we know how to implement them. But, the developers are very scared of implementing these fixes, with the possibility of bringing down a 10+ billion dollar economy.  So it will take years at the very minimum to do this.

So, that's where XCoin comes into play. I want solve many of these problems that Bitcoin and other alt-coins experience, making XCoin the beta to Bitcoin. The goal is to be years ahead in development, with cutting edge features that would be insanely difficult to pull off in their codebase.

So what progress was made this morning? I implemented a rough version of CoinJoin. The idea behind what I'm working on was originally put forward by Gregory Maxwell  and it's a great idea (if you want to read more, the original post is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0).

In short, transactions in the Bitcoin Blockchain are stored like this:

"User1 paid User12 the amount 1.2BTC"
"User4 paid User2 the amount 1.2BTC"
"User11 paid User3 the amount 1.2BTC"

In XCoin they'll look like this:

"Debit User1 the amount 1.2XCO, Debit User4 the amount 1.2XCO, Debit User11 the amount 1.2XCO"
and
"Credit User12 the amount 1.2XCO, Credit User2 the amount 1.2XCO, Credit User3 the amount 1.2XCO"

Notice, in the XCoin you can't tell who paid who. But in Bitcoin the parties are linked together. This will be a large step forward to providing anonymity by default.

It appears the technical design of this DarkCoin is fundamentally flawed and can't be fixed.

There must be some proof that senders sent transactions for all peers on the network to verify before they can accept the block and begin working on the next block solution. Such proof must exist otherwise balances could be stolen by rogue peers.

Thus I must assume you are doing a CoinJoin-like proof for all senders that in that block. And I assume these proofs are transmitted with the block, even if you purge them later (using a proof-of-work chain such as in the mini block chain design).

The problem is that CoinJoin is subject to denial-of-service attack in that if any sender fails to sign in the second step, then no senders can send.

Thus CoinJoin can't scale to a larger number of senders joined. It works best with a few senders and the probability of denial-of-service (rogue sender) is low.

Did you even read the CoinJoin thread carefully?

There is a second insoluble flaw that CoinJoin does nothing to obscure IP address and thus you have no anonymity against powerful entities.

P.S. I don't have time to read 300 pages of this thread to find out if you already addressed this issue. Please give me a link to any prior reply.

Wow, it's that open eh?

Still, this example implies that one could still link up the amounts of the transactions to find the end users.  How unique are transaction amounts, and how hard would it be to hide that level?  Is there a breaking up of the payment so that the amounts are harder to compare or something?  Or am I missing something due to the simplification of the explanation? 

Yes, you could still use the transaction amounts to track money through the system. This combined with some logic to use common transaction amounts or some other logic like that in the wallet could definitely help. Even with the problems, having coinjoin implemented directly into the client is a huge step in the right direction.

And timing analysis too.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
slyA

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:17:01 PM

Several points, which I disagree with, relating to darksend integration and anonymity protections.

I'm satisfied from my own research, but I didn't see any response to the questions raised...

Are you talking about the anonminty bloke? He's waiting for the devs. I reckon its late in the U.S. besides, today is launch day so when next the dev comes in, its to release the binaries.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:20:13 PM

Are you talking about the anonminty bloke? He's waiting for the devs. I reckon its late in the U.S. besides, today is launch day so when next the dev comes in, its to release the binaries.

Yeah, that fella. It's 8:20 am in Florida... (previous post updated)

I sometimes forget how fast this thread moves. 4 pages ago isn't days, it's minutes... strike tank comment...

I'd like to see a rundown of how Blockchain.info's Shared Send BTC feature compares with DRK's darksend implementation. Not that it isn't already obvious to those who read, but for those who TL;DR and just want a quick skim/chart/comparo of why they should give a crap about DRK.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:22:18 PM

Hi all, I managed to set up minerd to CPU to mine for DRK, but is is a waste of time (5 hours and nothing), so I bought a graphics card to up my hash rate, but I seem to be having issues?

cgminer doesn't seem to be detecting my card?

I'm running linux mint 32bit, my graphics card is an GeForce GT 610.

How do I set up AMD-APP-SDK for my card?

Is there a really good "noob" friendly guide to setting up my graphics card to mine on linux? (I love linux, but it can be a pain in the ass installing software).

Many thanks in advance for any info to help a noob miner out Smiley

Sorry to say, but you bought the wrong card. There is no nvidia miner for darkcoin yet. You can mine with cpu or an amd card. You can also mine with butt computing using amazon ec2, but that's not particularly noob friendly. Honestly you're probably better buying some DRK directly right now.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:25:51 PM

Hi all, I managed to set up minerd to CPU to mine for DRK, but is is a waste of time (5 hours and nothing), so I bought a graphics card to up my hash rate, but I seem to be having issues?

Is there a really good "noob" friendly guide to setting up my graphics card to mine on linux? (I love linux, but it can be a pain in the ass installing software).

Oh, the fun you're about to have... The best help I can give you is to buy some Ibuprophen and Caffeine before you get started. It's gonna suck... It took days to get my 7970 mining LTC. I haven't tried to mine DRK yet... Too many other things to do... I hope you don't have a job or friends, otherwise it's going to be  long time... :-p

That bad is it? Cry

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:26:28 PM

Sorry to say, but you bought the wrong card. There is no nvidia miner for darkcoin yet. You can mine with cpu or an amd card. You can also mine with butt computing using amazon ec2, but that's not particularly noob friendly. Honestly you're probably better buying some DRK directly right now.

Holy crap I totally missed the part where it was a GeForce... lols... Failbuy.

At this point, probably just buy some DRK. It'll likely go up in value faster than he can send that card back, buy a proper AMD card, and then set up for mining....

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:27:33 PM

Oh, the fun you're about to have... The best help I can give you is to buy some Ibuprophen and Caffeine before you get started. It's gonna suck... It took days to get my 7970 mining LTC. I haven't tried to mine DRK yet... Too many other things to do... I hope you don't have a job or friends, otherwise it's going to be  long time... :-p

That bad is it? Cry

You're not doing crap with a GeForce... AMD/ATI drivers certainly aren't going to work with it, either...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:27:45 PM

I wrote a step by step guide for setting up ubuntu 13.10 to mine DRK from a clean install. It's pretty much just copy-pasting commands. Should get you up and running relatively quickly:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5446667#msg5446667

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:33:50 PM

I wrote a step by step guide for setting up ubuntu 13.10 to mine DRK from a clean install. It's pretty much just copy-pasting commands. Should get you up and running relatively quickly:

I'll take my card back, and swap it. Then I will try your guide. Thanks

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:34:18 PM

A note on this...

If you run encrypted root, you'll be prompted with a framebuffer screen to input your password. Once you install these drivers, framebuffer will fail. It'll just be a blank screen and you'll wonder exactly how fucked you are because nothing is happening. Type your password blind, hit enter, everything is just fine...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:38:34 PM

IMO, it's good that questions have been raised now rather than later because some people do not understand that anonymity is not something that is like a switch 0 or 1 but rather a matter of degree.

Darkcoin aims to be way more anonymous than bitcoin, but that's still a degree. Given the right resources (like controlling half the devices out there by forcing manufacturers to implant them with backdoors, controlling the entire internet and telcos, having computer farms analyzing every single pattern of network activity or economic activity over the internet and a cryptocurrency network) this degree may not be enough to be called NSA-proof unless you operate with your own devices, networks etc. I mean people just now realize that what was once a crazy conspiracy theory (that laptops had cameras so that the government can watch you through them) is in fact a reality.

But the degree of anonymity attained could be enough for making transactions anonymous for something like 99.99% of the lesser equipped entities, agencies, oppressive governments, local police, third parties like hackers who want to steal money from your crypto account etc etc. You may not be able to attain NSA-proof status (due to tremendous degree of infiltration in hardware, software, networks etc) without making the entire ecosystem NSA-proof, from the devices used, to every single line of software used etc etc.

The same applies for privacy also. We can never attain full privacy when there is so much surveillance but we can always try to improve it by concealing whatever can be relatively easy to conceal - just like TOR tried with the IPs, even if the NSA gained ground eventually due to its resources and control of the network. I think this will be an ongoing battle where additional layers of privacy/anonymity can be introduced over time while the "agencies" will try the opposite. A battle lost is the one which was never given to begin with. And even if you can't beat the "goliath" (heavily equipped agencies) you can still beat the lesser guys (99.99% that won't be able to break through the anonymity layers).
LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:44:53 PM

A note on this...

If you run encrypted root, you'll be prompted with a framebuffer screen to input your password. Once you install these drivers, framebuffer will fail. It'll just be a blank screen and you'll wonder exactly how fucked you are because nothing is happening. Type your password blind, hit enter, everything is just fine...

Yeah I seem to remember I had to go through some weird voodoo to get the amd drivers working properly in 13.10. I probably should include that in the tutorial.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:49:49 PM

Alright, I so wanted to start day trading DRK following the patterns of last few days, but where is the dip this morning just as I was ready? LOL

Is there is a list of Top wallet addresses for Darkcoin? BitInfoCharts should really add DarkCoin.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:58:38 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 02:13:40 PM by camosoul

The same applies for privacy also. We can never attain full privacy when there is so much surveillance but we can always try to improve it by concealing whatever can be relatively easy to conceal - just like TOR tried with the IPs, even if the NSA gained ground eventually due to its resources and control of the network. I think this will be an ongoing battle where additional layers of privacy/anonymity can be introduced over time while the "agencies" will try the opposite. A battle lost is the one which was never given to begin with. And even if you can't beat the "goliath" (heavily equipped agencies) you can still beat the lesser guys (99.99% that won't be able to break through the anonymity layers).

Old analog Radio trick. Sample and Hold. Let the signal stack out of the noise... TOR hidden services would expose themselves even with noise added to the network. If I can find Silk Road 2.0's IP, I'm sure the NSA/FBI/CIA can... The higher the traffic, the faster the hot spot rises out of the map. And remember, TOR has no noise because it can barely support itself as-is... Adding noise traffic would burden the network to collapse. High-traffic hidden services can be found even without global wireshark because they scream very loud in an empty room. Even if you capture less than 1%, you still get enough hits to find it.

Traffic * Time / sample volume... Time is the part of the equation you never run out of; Tic Toc, I just got more. Traffic, the site owner deliberately increases this for you... So, even someone on Dial-Up would be able to figure it out eventually... And by eventually I mean days.

Amateur version; buy 10 computers, install TOR, input .onion URL and have them "F5" every 30 seconds. Screen traffic only going to and from these 10 computers. You're generating your own traffic AND you know exactly which packets to watch... Build your signal to noise map. Sit back and let the hidden service show itself to you.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
danubia

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:28:22 PM

We're now accepting DarkCoin!!!

Regards,
useCryptos Team.
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:49:22 PM

New Darkcoin P2Pool node: http://q30.qhor.net:7903/ <<<

• No registration
  • PPLNS payout with vardiff
  • 1% p2pool node fees
  • Direct payouts to your wallet without being hold by any insecure pool wallet
  • Dynamic worker tracker frontend - just enter your address and watch the stats

New Darkcoin P2Pool node: http://q30.qhor.net:7903/ <<<

Q? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=496198.0
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:23:36 PM

Nice design, good luck!

blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:32:19 PM

yeah the 30% cooler..

maybe have it 100% cooler ^^ but 30% more efficient.

or just highlight it as a environmental friendly coin..

it's given, ofcourse... but really can open a lot of eyes.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:34:45 PM

Cryptowins added DRK jackpot!
Every week Jackpot is drawn.
https://www.cryptowins.com/drk/

Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: