Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:59:46 AM

Hi all!
Another noob here... name's Ron.
I'm bummed I just this week started investigating crypto$ because I might have been able to get a lot more of these DRKs!  Cry But, oh well.
CPU mining about a tenth of a coin a day!  (i7 870) - Just ordered a R9 270 to replace my old GeForce (I'm poor).

So anyway... I've done graphics for years and when I saw the promotion stuff mentioned I started working on a 3D DarkCoin. I was disappointed to see that the promo team isn't interested in this but here's a few picks of the initial stages I may or may not get back to...

Of course you are welcome to contribute to my well being and time. Smiley

DRK donations: XpQZscB95M63vBewcyBWe9hgj4nMhBWi69

maybe you can do a youtube promo, there's a bounty for that!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:00:02 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

The problem is that the software will accept blocks that are timestamped earlier than previous blocks, (for good reasons) up to the median timestamp of the previous 11.  

Kgw counts these as very fast blocks and adjusts the difficulty up by its 20% maximum.  Once.   But you can use that once to roll the timestamp back after five blocks that are long enough to drive the difficulty 20%lower each.  

So the exploit is to start mining your own block chain, time stamping several blocks into the future far enough to get the maximum downward adjustment of difficulty each time.  Then jump backwards in time getting the maximum upward difficulty once.  Rinse, repeat,  and your chain gets ridiculous low difficulty and you mine a whole lot of blocks while advancing your timestamp not much further than the main chain.

When the time in the main block chain catches up, you release your own chain and force a reorganization, which allocates to you all the coins mined for the last umpty ump blocks.

I'm in the process of rewriting KGW for our purposes. I've spend a few hours thoroughly going through the code and I think I can come up with a better implementation that doesn't have these kind of problems. DarkGravity?  Grin

One coin(BTC) to rule them all,

One coin to premine them;

One coin to bring them all,

And in the darkness bind them.

I just wanted to bring this up from our good friend slyA. Ahhh, memories....

Lol. i'm still here lurking in the shadows mate. Guarding my preciousss with my life. Eduffield is on top of his game. It will be funny when this coin blows up and we're all snobby well to do folks talking about how we were here when history was being made. I reckon Eduffield would be the rich sociopathic recluse having binary based dementia in his bat cave.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:11:50 AM

is this cheating trick part of the reason why a lot of coins have 110+% shares to find blocks the past week and more? I was figuring it was just assholes who use a miner that keeps found blocks for themselves...

Any way the dev or some other well connected person can make a list of the pools that can still be hit with this stratum exploit?

As far as I can tell a large number of blocks requiring well over the expected shares to solve is a symptom of this issue and, for example, the popular Such Pool is at 120% for the last hour. Maybe it is nothing, but it would be nice to know for sure that a given pool protects you and your fellow honest miners from being stolen from by those using this exploit.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:18:04 AM

I pmd with the guy who posted the screens yesterday , but he didnt disclose his software:

hrt

Activity: 27

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

Re: cpu hashrate
« Sent to: sippsnapp on: March 11, 2014, 06:44:56 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
I run through mining proxy with a changed code. it denies automatic difficulty adjustment on pool stratum server, assign to each share variable hash raws [not unfeigned] thus stratum server is incapable to make up authenticity of this shares. i have always calculated at 0 diff and got all shares accepted, earnings respectively
Report To Admin
hrt

Activity: 27

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

Re: cpu hashrate
« Sent to: sippsnapp on: March 11, 2014, 08:50:38 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
added several extensions while compiled from 1.3 version in open source
i tried with different algos and at now proxy works on X11, groestl, qubit and sha256d.
saying clearly sha256d is not so useful as 500-1000GH guys play. on sha256d i have 80 iterations per second each pick up a low diff share at speed 48000KH. Running 30 CPU is equal to 115GH
if you are interested and there are other engaged people i can start a new topic with this on mind and share proxy for small donate although pulling out this in public would be risky as this is still cheating

It's cheating because it's not doing any real work, no real hashes.  Hope he didn't get away with much.  In fact, this ought to be brought to all stratum pool administrator's attention!
This is serious, it can kill the coin! But why he wants small donations, if he can mine thousands of dark a day with single CPU
Well, Hrt has been mining MYR for a little while too using the same trick, he also mentioned making 500 or so DRK in a few days in one of his posts (That means he may have syphoned 500+ DRK off miners using at least one other pool)
I'm thinking of posting on the Alt-coin mining thread to try and warn as many pool operators as possible that theirs some parasitic behaviour like this going on.
CHAOSiTEC, is it OK to mention you have a fix? I ask since you might find yourself swamped with requests and you don't seem to like the idea of straight up telling everyone what was done to bugger the system up.(Which is a good temporary call for reasons you outlined)

Hrt sent basically the same message to me btw. (Too bad it's just an exploit, these bugs need to be found eventually though, lol)

no problem :-)

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
lolooo

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:35:56 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

The problem is that the software will accept blocks that are timestamped earlier than previous blocks, (for good reasons) up to the median timestamp of the previous 11.  

Kgw counts these as very fast blocks and adjusts the difficulty up by its 20% maximum.  Once.   But you can use that once to roll the timestamp back after five blocks that are long enough to drive the difficulty 20%lower each.  

So the exploit is to start mining your own block chain, time stamping several blocks into the future far enough to get the maximum downward adjustment of difficulty each time.  Then jump backwards in time getting the maximum upward difficulty once.  Rinse, repeat,  and your chain gets ridiculous low difficulty and you mine a whole lot of blocks while advancing your timestamp not much further than the main chain.

When the time in the main block chain catches up, you release your own chain and force a reorganization, which allocates to you all the coins mined for the last umpty ump blocks.

I'm in the process of rewriting KGW for our purposes. I've spend a few hours thoroughly going through the code and I think I can come up with a better implementation that doesn't have these kind of problems. DarkGravity?  Grin

Nice! On top as usual!
great dev!!

ShareCoin:SStUJR27uYZUjY9yrhDmmR7pswE178us5G
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:01:03 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

Evan... That's epic!  DarkGravity!  Nice!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:06:10 AM

Why don't you add a link to the infosheet ?
You can put the PDF on the Darkcoin site...
eizh

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:26:40 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

Evan... That's epic!  DarkGravity!  Nice!

You should open source the code for DarkGravity for others to adopt when done. It's good PR for you and DRK. The only thing I know about MegaCoin is that they gave the world KGW. Tongue
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:46:21 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

Evan... That's epic!  DarkGravity!  Nice!

with a great developer on this coin, working his ass off, what else can you ask for. this is truly one of the few coins where you can see a future..

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:15:57 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

BlackHole Grin
(gravity generation implied Tongue)

edit: ah shit, there is a blackcoin around these days... damn...
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:20:54 AM

block generated 245 ea

from 32485 to 32729 (~12 hours)

NEWBL 03-13 07:44:39 32485 141.273 Xemt2zeYELCkddJHvsW4x9ytqTEnkiviaH
NEWBL 03-13 17:17:33 32729 266.720 XccPicDbg7HhRfFwPU3Z2CFVpHSYAhuxtu

1 XnBwaSjgNbpJMjatTiFJfxrigPBKpFmrzq
1 XvmAhGsqwnZqdsWxMqMFQtFeTiVhwntHPF
3 cpupool
5 XeCyp1qAMFTb6PMZu431QpZ6sEpTH64Gag
7 official
12 lotterymining
12 p2pool
29 mininghub
65 suchpool
110 coinmine

total network rate (7.55GH/s), coinmine 4.3GH/s.

baokychen

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:53:09 AM

If anyone would want to get Spin Wheel and Dice game up for DarkCoin, can pm me for Joint Venture, its true that I am not as famous as Dooglus, but I doubt dooglus will want to do it for Dark Coin as of now, since he already made lots of BTC running the house.

I hope someone will want to cooperate and get Dark coin gambling up.

I had 4 sites setup for 4 alt coins, you can pm me for the details. Its up & running smoothly.

boubou

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:57:12 AM

block generated 245 ea

3 cpupool
7 official
12 lotterymining
12 p2pool
29 mininghub
65 suchpool
110 coinmine

When this hppened, why is there no atomatic mecanism to deal with?
Why did the pool that is over 45% did not rise its fee at 1% rate each week until it gets back to 45%?
The pool will earn profit and the hash distribution will be automatic. I think this issue is not trivial.

BEHNZiP6UZunp41vurNaQi4r2hvgG57yzi : BdG
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:04:01 AM

When this hppened, why is there no atomatic mecanism to deal with?
Why did the pool that is over 45% did not rise its fee at 1% rate each week until it gets back to 45%?
The pool will earn profit and the hash distribution will be automatic. I think this issue is not trivial.

It happens because there is no central authority controlling the pools. It's a free market. The best we can do as individuals is move our hashing power elsewhere, or appeal to the pool operators to close signups or adjust their fee structure.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:10:40 AM

block generated 245 ea

3 cpupool
7 official
12 lotterymining
12 p2pool
29 mininghub
65 suchpool
110 coinmine

it looks like the scammer is on coinmine, i cant tell for sure, since he is anonymous, but if i was pool owner, i would check to see if his highest (1GH) is finding any blocks thats how you will know for sure

boubou

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:12:24 AM

I get that, Pool owners want monney and so did not want to refuse some Power.
Users want better service and don't care. Even if you close the registration, the hash will not get away, it will remain the same for a while.

If you raise the fee when you go over 45% (for example), user will start to go away, and the pool owner will get more fees, it seems like a win-win solution.

If all the pools agree to do the same, public oppinion will not be hurted as soon as the fees will get back to normal when the Hash get out of the critical range.

BEHNZiP6UZunp41vurNaQi4r2hvgG57yzi : BdG
goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:21:57 AM

I get that, Pool owners want monney and so did not want to refuse some Power.
Users want better service and don't care. Even if you close the registration, the hash will not get away, it will remain the same for a while.

If you raise the fee when you go over 45% (for example), user will start to go away, and the pool owner will get more fees, it seems like a win-win solution.

If all the pools agree to do the same, public oppinion will not be hurted as soon as the fees will get back to normal when the Hash get out of the critical range.

Another method I've seen employed is to ddos the pool with 50% hashrate. Not a nice way of taking care of the problem . . but incredibly effective.

I can understand that most pools that hit 45% and greater aren't looking to cause problems . . but it really makes the coin look weak.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:25:44 AM

Maybe it would be possible to adjust the block reward according to how often the same wallet finds the block? So if a pool has close to 50% they are finding almost 50% of the blocks, and if the algorithm would start decreasing the reward given to the big pool people would be motivated to move to smaller pools.
Madychoux

Activity: 212

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:27:57 AM

block generated 245 ea

3 cpupool
7 official
12 lotterymining
12 p2pool
29 mininghub
65 suchpool
110 coinmine

it looks like the scammer is on coinmine, i cant tell for sure, since he is anonymous, but if i was pool owner, i would check to see if his highest (1GH) is finding any blocks thats how you will know for sure

Want to avoid 51% Pool ? Go P2Pool !!!!

Join us to MightyPool.net P2Pool Node

Here are the benefits of P2Pool :
You don't need to create an account
You get paid directly after a block is found
You get no transaction fees
Local Pool Hashrate is distributed among all P2Pool nodes

Server hardware configuration :
Xeon E3-1225 v2 @3.2GHz
16 Gb RAM
100 Mbps Internet Broadband

How to join the Node ?
run SPH-SGMINER with those informations :
sgminer -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://mightypool.net:7903 -u YourDarkcoinWalletAddress -p x
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:35:52 AM

block generated 245 ea

3 cpupool
7 official
12 lotterymining
12 p2pool
29 mininghub
65 suchpool
110 coinmine

Want to avoid 51% Pool ? Go P2Pool !!!!

Join us to MightyPool.net P2Pool Node

Here are the benefits of P2Pool :
You don't need to create an account
You get paid directly after a block is found
You get no transaction fees
The Hasrate is distrubted among all P2Pool nodes

Server hardware configuration :
Xeon E3-1225 v2 @3.2GHz
16 Gb RAM
100 Mbps Internet Broadband

How to join the Node ?
run SPH-SGMINER with those informations :
sgminer -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://mightypool.net:7903 -u YourDarkcoinWalletAddress -p x

but you cannot take a situation and use it for your own benefit, as ive told the other p2p pool owners, they might not be affected, but i cannot tell for sure, since i do not have the time to go over the software thoroughly. keep an eye out for big miners, that do not find any blocks..

besides, lotterymining does not charge transaction fees..

Lotterymining server hardware:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz
2x 120GB SSD Striped RAID mode
32 GB ram
1gbps internet connection on tier 1
ddos protection

Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: