Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:22:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722589 times)
White Lion

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:44:46 AM

When did the max coins get changed from 80 mil to 20 mil?

Still says 250 million on their thread??

he means max coins for DRK

?

Actually, I went to their thread and saw that they decided last night on twitter to halve the rewards and in response, their coins are rising in value.  So they're going somewhere from 250,000,000 to 125,000,000.
Because of the predominant personality of it's namesake, I find this coin to be the most obnoxious of all the alt-coins.

Maximum coins for DRK was changed from 84 million to 22 million on the first page of this thread.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:52:30 AM

Evan asked the other day whether it's better to reduce future coins through a poll and the decision was taken. Thus darkcoin now has increased store-of-wealth characteristics.

The number I think is based on an estimate since the rewards (between 5 and 25) are not a given.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:55:36 AM

?

Actually, I went to their thread and saw that they decided last night on twitter to halve the rewards and in response, their coins are rising in value.  So they're going somewhere from 250,000,000 to 125,000,000.
Because of the predominant personality of it's namesake, I find this coin to be the most obnoxious of all the alt-coins.

Maximum coins for DRK was changed from 84 million to 22 million on the first page of this thread.

sometime yesterday - evan posted a surprise survey, there were a few pages going back-wards and forwards, then an executive decision was made and a future block chosen for the change.

something about investors wanting to see less open ended coin without inflation. not sure what investors means for a coin, but I'm guessing there was enough of an incentive somewhere to want to make the change.

my only criteria is that the coin hits $1bn this year. Anything else is just noise.

edit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5830510#msg5830510
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 01:04:14 AM

I just wanted to say that after DarkSend, I have something amazing up my sleeve. I think this next project will actually define Darkcoin, plus it requires being built on top of a p2p currency to function correctly (and it's privacy centric...) .  I don't want to say more, because I want to a ways into the development before I announce it  Grin

I've been thinking about how to do this for months and just figured out the logistics of how it would work this morning... very excited  Wink
Is it bad that I touch myself to this?

Maybe pinching would be less X-rated Smiley

Something smells fishy here. I'm like mainly mining because of DarkSend. That's it, that's all I need to put my rigs on duty.

Now we have DarkX that will define Darkcoin, if that wasn't DarkSend? What's better than e-cash? If you can make e-cocaine, then I'm selling my house to buy more DRK.

DarkSend is awesome, but I mean I think the next feature will have a wider audience. Possibly a mainstream audience

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Taurine

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:09:31 AM

Latest Bounties as at 19th March   

Notes for CUDAMiner bounty: If a R9 280x gets 2100 kh/s in X11 and 750 kh/s in scrypt (a ratio of 2.Cool, X11 cudaminer performance should achieve at least: 0.7 * 2.8 = 1.96 times Nvidia CUDAMiner scrypt performance   

Just curious, but I am getting roughly 2.2x performance on my GTX460 using the same version of sgminer I am using for my ATI cards. Am I just lucky sgminer is working with my Nvidia card and is that why their is a bounty for a CUDAminer optimization?

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:21:21 AM

I just wanted to say that after DarkSend, I have something amazing up my sleeve. I think this next project will actually define Darkcoin, plus it requires being built on top of a p2p currency to function correctly (and it's privacy centric...) .  I don't want to say more, because I want to a ways into the development before I announce it  Grin

I've been thinking about how to do this for months and just figured out the logistics of how it would work this morning... very excited  Wink

Something smells fishy here. I'm like mainly mining because of DarkSend. That's it, that's all I need to put my rigs on duty.

Now we have DarkX that will define Darkcoin, if that wasn't DarkSend? What's better than e-cash? If you can make e-cocaine, then I'm selling my house to buy more DRK.

DarkSend is awesome, but I mean I think the next feature will have a wider audience. Possibly a mainstream audience

Cool. I've launched a Joe public financial product so my antenna is fully raised.

$1bn this year is the flag at the top of the hill.
dime

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:39:51 AM

darksend.it now strips html for command line browsers..

$ curl darksend.it/dime
XcWPrhrtpJtBowmT3FfebLWDUZQPUZ73tz
tabnk

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:47:11 AM

By end of this year, let hope price become 0.01 BTC Wink. We are rich than.
Kienbui

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:52:40 AM

I've been thinking about how to do this for months and just figured out the logistics of how it would work this morning... very excited  Wink

Cool!

What's that feature?
cubicdissection

Activity: 231

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 02:07:11 AM

If Darksend works, DRK will be worth a lot more than .01 btc IMO.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:11:18 AM

If Darksend works, DRK will be worth a lot more than .01 btc IMO.

Bring it onnnn ….>>>
so ready that DRC gets out of the (boring) 0.0012 section
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 02:59:29 AM

Dude, stop teasing....

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 03:02:35 AM

Latest Bounties as at 19th March   

Notes for CUDAMiner bounty: If a R9 280x gets 2100 kh/s in X11 and 750 kh/s in scrypt (a ratio of 2.Cool, X11 cudaminer performance should achieve at least: 0.7 * 2.8 = 1.96 times Nvidia CUDAMiner scrypt performance   

Just curious, but I am getting roughly 2.2x performance on my GTX460 using the same version of sgminer I am using for my ATI cards. Am I just lucky sgminer is working with my Nvidia card and is that why their is a bounty for a CUDAminer optimization?

I mine at about 370 per core on my GTX 690s with sgminer - but I think a real cudaminer port will bring that speed way up.

I talked to the cudaminer developer, but so far no interest.

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
mannie

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:11:44 AM

Another bounty has been claimed:

* Comprehensive media mailing list

I'm not going to publish the actual contact details for obvious reasons, but here's the list of groups on it. Feel free to suggest any that are missing:

TechCrunch
The Guardian
The Telegraph
Wall Street Journal
MarketWatch
Gizmodo
International Business Times UK
Wired.co.uk
Entrepreneur.com
ZDNet
GigaOM
PCMag
Coindesk
Dealbreaker
Mashable
CNET
Seattle News
Technology Zimbabwe
PC World
Fast Company
The Enquirer
The Next Web
SiliconANGLE
Newfination
The Verge
BBC
Uproxx
CBC.ca
City AM
Invezz
ARS Technica
Mining.com
TIME
BBC Click Online
BBC Technology
Dow Jones
Tech.eu and Next Web
FT
The Register
BBC
CNN/Fortune
Wired
Wired
Newsweek
Marketing Week

Feel free to add the ones I found a while ago: http://pastebin.com/DMWjmqG2

Are these just general submission emails or specific writers who have written about Bitcoin? I think we need both. A Google alert on Bitcoin will generate daily hits that we could use to add to this list, as more writers start running features.

Also, the list is pretty short and US/UK centric. I think we need more Europe/India/Asia Pacific addresses in there.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:24:43 AM

?

OOOOOooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!  Embarrassed  LOL

I have NO idea why people say I'm slow.........

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
vleroybrown

Activity: 1159
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:53:59 AM

?

OOOOOooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!  Embarrassed  LOL

I have NO idea why people say I'm slow.........

Thia kills me somebody.. Crime pays GOD touches it
poweru

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:59:34 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 05:26:32 AM by poweru

Here's an interesting Darkcoin experiment.

2 days ago, I've mentioned cryptocurrency idea in general to 4 people with different backgrounds, job types and relation to me.
I've suggested sites and places to read, and also mentioned main types and several coins (bitcoin, litecoin, vertcoin, darkcoin, nxt).

Yesterday, the following happened:

Person 1 invested into ~3000 Darkcoins
Person 2 initially wanted to start mining, but instead invested into ~1500 Darkcoins and ~1.5 BTC
Person 3 invested into ~2000 Darkcoins
Person 4 was not interested in the concept at all (I wasn't surprised, this person always fails to look more than week ahead).

These people were not interested in trading or daily rate watching. Long term investment.

I was very surprised how quickly people acknowledged powerful idea of cryptocurrencies. Darkcoin choice didn't surprised me.
Only natural - with solid team/plan/community this is one of the safest bet (not to mention price fluctuations compared to other coins), and with the anonymity implemented the run for darks is going to get real.

In each case there was however one complain - about unnecessary difficulty of having to buy BTC first.
I'm sure if we there was DRK-fiat exchange, this would brought a lot more people in, also helped the coin to uncouple from BTC rate.

BTW - I would suggest adding "First X-11", "Real dev team" or something similar to the topic.
Nice!
I think the topic rewrite to " [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | First Anonymous Coin | First X-11 | First DGW | ASIC Resistant" will more attraction to me if i was Newbie or Investor

DRK:XyRfLR7dupSJiPkmCS9A2r4qWcKsYCWvtG
DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
poweru

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:02:13 AM

Cool! Good job! Awesome Dev!

DRK:XyRfLR7dupSJiPkmCS9A2r4qWcKsYCWvtG
DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:40:53 AM

Here's an interesting Darkcoin experiment.

2 days ago, I've mentioned cryptocurrency idea in general to 4 people with different backgrounds, job types and relation to me.
I've suggested sites and places to read, and also mentioned main types and several coins (bitcoin, litecoin, vertcoin, darkcoin, nxt).

Yesterday, the following happened:

Person 1 invested into ~3000 Darkcoins
Person 2 initially wanted to start mining, but instead invested into ~1500 Darkcoins and ~1.5 BTC
Person 3 invested into ~2000 Darkcoins
Person 4 was not interested in the concept at all (I wasn't surprised, this person always fails to look more than week ahead).

These people were not interested in trading or daily rate watching. Long term investment.

I was very surprised how quickly people acknowledged powerful idea of cryptocurrencies. Darkcoin choice didn't surprised me.
Only natural - with solid team/plan/community this is one of the safest bet (not to mention price fluctuations compared to other coins), and with the anonymity implemented the run for darks is going to get real.

In each case there was however one complain - about unnecessary difficulty of having to buy BTC first.
I'm sure if we there was DRK-fiat exchange, this would brought a lot more people in, also helped the coin to uncouple from BTC rate.

BTW - I would suggest adding "First X-11", "Real dev team" or something similar to the topic.

This is really awesome to hear.  I have no idea if it has anything to do with it, but my friends are 50+ years old, and are not so easily swayed to something new.  I've gotten polite "that's interesting" to "yah but..." etc...  My kids get whatever we have, so I'm more interested in giving my nephews, who have currently no interest in finances, paper wallets of darkcoin, so that when they're older, and finished with school, etc... they'll at least be invested enough to take an interest.  I hope it will be something good for them in the long run future, to be ahead of the crowd??

Person 1-3 are 35-40 age group, person 4 is 30.

Nice!
I think the topic rewrite to " [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | First Anonymous Coin | First X-11 | First DGW | ASIC Resistant" will more attraction to me if i was Newbie or Investor

Precisely!
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:55:30 AM

Person 1-3 are 35-40 age group, person 4 is 30.

Nice!

Precisely!

It's either that or I'm not a persuasive speaker (probably the latter, LOL)

If you think the title should be changed, you really ought to pm internet ape or eduffield??

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: