Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:59:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 [1772] 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722540 times)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:27:42 PM

Fine, I didn't know that guanchayuan was asking every single day despite you explained him.

I think the only way to calm down people asking for open source is to give a date of release.

Giving a specific date isn't as simple as it look like. We has almost one month daley on RC3

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:29:32 PM

Fine, I didn't know that guanchayuan was asking every single day despite you explained him.

I think the only way to calm down people asking for open source is to give a date of release.

Like we said it's currently in development. Therefore, giving a specific date is like underestimating the difficulties that may appear during this phase or trying to rush it.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:31:59 PM

I think giving a hard date is completely unrealistic and will most likely only result in making a promise you can't keep. It'll be released when it's ready. We do have a rough timeline though (which has already been delayed due to unforeseen bugs, etc).

(not to you directly)

I think we would do well to be more civil all around (luckily I went to bed instead of getting involved in the political discussion mudslinging Cheesy). We WANT more members to be attracted to DRK and its community, not turned away; that is how we grow.

Sure, "guanchayuan" is a troll, but I don't think "superresistant" is, and he also clearly didn't know. We should be welcoming new potential members! (edit: to be fair, his signature is not worded in a way that makes me want to trust his veracity, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt)

I also realize this thread is mostly a "joke" now, but I'm sure some new people still come in and read. It is, after all, the most active altcoin thread.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:34:02 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 02:01:49 PM by JakeThePanda

Oh.. A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator.

Grin

Good to know.

Is this the post where you said "First XC and now MRO"?  I would like you to stay fixated on XC if you don't mind.  The XC dev seems really motivated.  It's going to be fun to see if he can stump you one day.

ATCSecure put another test out in the main thread.
foolio

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:59:04 PM

There is a rough timeline available but hard dates so far have been bad for the coin. Until it makes it to RC5, no date can really be set.

I have a question about Darksend and the open source issue.

As I understand it, it's based on the coinjoin code. Is that correct. Coinjoin was released under the  AGPL license which forbids derivative works to be distributed without source.

Is Darksend written from scratch then or is it modified from coinjoin source? If so, how is it able to be distributed without source code legally?
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:18:58 PM

And it seems that stealth addresses are working perfectly in the monocle alpha, not like the masterbater nodes that keep getting pushed back.
TTM

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:26:53 PM

And it seems that stealth addresses are working perfectly in the monocle alpha, not like the masterbater nodes that keep getting pushed back.

All those masternodes/steath address/dark wallet aren't ultimate solutions for privacy problem. Most of the coins based on Bitcoin protocol, we can't have real anonymity unless the protocol is re-written completely, i.e. we need privacy at protocol level.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:27:19 PM

Way to ruin the the discussion TS2  Roll Eyes The only thing surprising is that you haven't yet responded to a troll post from 10 pages ago.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Sorry, It was a busy day, and I did that before I went to bed.  And I probably am off on those observations.  I didn't mean to offend, only observe why DRK seems to be more popular in USA.  Please forgive me.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:30:26 PM

All those masternodes/steath address/dark wallet aren't ultimate solutions for privacy problem. Most of the coins based on Bitcoin protocol, we can't have real anonymity unless the protocol is re-written completely, i.e. we need privacy at protocol level.

Stealth addresses are way better than masterbater nodes, which are just distributed centralized coin mixer that encourages centralization by needing a lot of coins to run a node.
luigi1111
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:30:57 PM

There is a rough timeline available but hard dates so far have been bad for the coin. Until it makes it to RC5, no date can really be set.

I have a question about Darksend and the open source issue.

As I understand it, it's based on the coinjoin code. Is that correct. Coinjoin was released under the  AGPL license which forbids derivative works to be distributed without source.

Is Darksend written from scratch then or is it modified from coinjoin source? If so, how is it able to be distributed without source code legally?

Coinjoin is not code, it's a concept, an idea. gmaxwell wrote about it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0

With that said, I assume you're talking about this github repository: https://github.com/calafou/coinjoin which is indeed AGPL. I honestly have no idea if some of Darksend's base code comes from here or not. It also sounds like the creator(s) is/are willing to work with you if you contact them.
luigi1111
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:34:59 PM

Typical ...

Good to have you back!
minerjav

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:38:58 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 03:19:28 PM by minerjav

Regarding the open source requests, I have some different answers:
- For basic developers and scam coin generators, with basic programming skills for “Copy-paste”->config -> rename:
        First, you will need to wait until the code is finished and fully tested, then wait some prudent time for obvious market reasons.
- For high end developers, with a large programming trajectory and depth crypto experience:
        Ask to join the audit group or connect with the potential candidates to get additional info from them.
- For temporal investors and day traders:
        Trust in the coin developers team.  If you don’t believe in the project, start trading with other coin that you feel more comfortable.
- For end DRK users:
        Start using the Darksend feature as you feel comfortable.
- For High end investors:
        If you want to pay something like an insurance for your investment and want an inspection about internal and potential deliberate obfuscation, malware, backdoors or something wrong in advance, I will accept do the Job for 10 BTC and perform a binary de-compiling  with description of the functional operation, typical of closed source systems in large companies (I did similar jobs before). Because I think is absolutely unnecessary, I will not start this heavy work by myself. If the price rise to crazy levels and you want to have a clue before anybody about what is inside the code, maybe the 10 BTC for 2 weeks of heavy work could be good for you, not for me at this time. Once we de-compile the first binary, will be easy to check future releases and follow the binaries until final open-source.

Conclusion:
Follow the thread and news and don’t ask for open source in the middle of a development. No real professional developer will release code at current stage, because no one wants to release“work in progress” code with personal comments and test /debug routines, typical of accelerated coding methods. If you want a working code fast, you should accept what a human dev team is doing.
P.D.
I start rebuilding my DRK position after sell a small portion of them (a temporal bad decision from my side). I was analyzing several alt-coins and DRK is on the tops of Alts and have all ingredients to move up to the high-class group in short term.

From my point of view, the best ingredient is a programmer with a solid financial background. It's really hard to find somebody with this specifications.

Hope my point of view and feelings will be useful to somebody.
minerjav

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

Anyone know why XC is going up?
Aren't there massive issues with their implementation? Or is it just community support?

They do seem to be working on their problems at least....but maybe I'm wrong - I don't spend much time looking at their stuff. I just noticed the jump on the charts.

I thought XC was going up because they've got members from the DRK community helping them like Chaeplin...

Grin

No seriously...
if Darkcoin is the Bitcoin [gold] privacy option,
why not other good privacy coin (not sure which one at this moment) could be the Litecoin [silver] privacy option?

privacy is the topic on cryptos this year
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:05:52 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 03:29:33 PM by chaeplin

^^

First tell dev to post md5 of  whateverattached_senderaddress.
Keep saying " ~ is not the address".

Not interested in.

+ tell dev, change address is yours.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:08:26 PM

Yaaaay !!  One of my favourite trolls is back!!
 Man I missed you... How's the empty space between the ears?

What would you like to be fed today? We have on the menu

a) direct antagonism
b) cyclic redundant proctologic posting examination
c) bananas
d) FUDcake - sorry, sold out for today
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:20:51 PM

Anyone know why XC is going up?
Aren't there massive issues with their implementation? Or is it just community support?

They do seem to be working on their problems at least....but maybe I'm wrong - I don't spend much time looking at their stuff. I just noticed the jump on the charts.

I thought XC was going up because they've got members from the DRK community helping them like Chaeplin...

Grin

No seriously...
if Darkcoin is the Bitcoin [gold] privacy option,
why not other good privacy coin (not sure which one at this moment) could be the Litecoin [silver] privacy option?

privacy is the topic on cryptos this year

Yes I agree, privacy is a massive opportunity for more than one coin.  I want to get excited about Melbourne's first Bitcoin ATM, which went live today... However you need a drivers license to use it FFS...  Why would I use crypto in favour of fiat if it's the same regulated bullshit?

In the Anon space, I see DRK as Bitcoin, Vert as LiteCoin with a handful of potentials nipping at their heels...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:27:07 PM

How about less "quotes" to stop repeating fud,

Make our lives better,

less fud and repetitiveness

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:28:31 PM

- For basic developers and scam coin generators, with basic programming skills for “Copy-paste”->config -> rename:
        First, you will need to wait until the code is finished and fully tested, then wait some prudent time for obvious market reasons.
- For high end developers, with a large programming trajectory and depth crypto experience:
        Ask to join the audit group or connect with the potential candidates to get additional info from them.
        Trust in the coin developers team.  If you don’t believe in the project, start trading with other coin that you feel more comfortable.
- For end DRK users:
        If you want to pay something like an insurance for your investment and want an inspection about internal and potential deliberate obfuscation, malware, backdoors or something wrong in advance, I will accept do the Job for 10 BTC and perform a binary de-compiling  with description of the functional operation, typical of closed source systems in large companies (I did similar jobs before). Because I think is absolutely unnecessary, I will not start this heavy work by myself. If the price rise to crazy levels and you want to have a clue before anybody about what is inside the code, maybe the 10 BTC for 2 weeks of heavy work could be good for you, not for me at this time. Once we de-compile the first binary, will be easy to check future releases and follow the binaries until final open-source.

Conclusion:
Follow the thread and news and don’t ask for open source in the middle of a development. No real professional developer will release code at current stage, because no one wants to release“work in progress” code with personal comments and test /debug routines, typical of accelerated coding methods. If you want a working code fast, you should accept what a human dev team is doing.
P.D.
I start rebuilding my DRK position after sell a small portion of them (a temporal bad decision from my side). I was analyzing several alt-coins and DRK is on the tops of Alts and have all ingredients to move up to the high-class group in short term.

From my point of view, the best ingredient is a programmer with a solid financial background. It's really hard to find somebody with this specifications.

Mate that's an extremely useful post that contains a lot of relevance and food for thought...

I'm sure you wont have any trouble getting some takers for your analysis.  Don't sell yourself too cheap, you know it will be more than 2 weeks work.

Let's say I'm a business/group that's going to take DRK seriously and make it a vital part of my "liquidity strategy", you will easily get something in the region of 75-100 BTC as a fee, interested parties will want to mitigate their risk and ensure they are not gonna be undone by some basement dwelling haxxor glory pirate that wishes he thought of DRK...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:38:28 PM

Trust in the coin developers team.  If you don’t believe in the project, start trading with other coin that you feel more comfortable.
- For end DRK users:
        If you want to pay something like an insurance for your investment and want an inspection about internal and potential deliberate obfuscation, malware, backdoors or something wrong in advance, I will accept do the Job for 10 BTC and perform a binary de-compiling  with description of the functional operation, typical of closed source systems in large companies (I did similar jobs before). Because I think is absolutely unnecessary, I will not start this heavy work by myself. If the price rise to crazy levels and you want to have a clue before anybody about what is inside the code, maybe the 10 BTC for 2 weeks of heavy work could be good for you, not for me at this time. Once we de-compile the first binary, will be easy to check future releases and follow the binaries until final open-source.

Conclusion:
P.D.

+ 1
well said and written !
tx
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:40:26 PM

same tx

sender -------- > mixer ----> payee
change<--------|

Grin  

First tell dev to post md5 of  whateverattached_senderaddress.
Pages: « 1 ... 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 [1772] 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: