Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:56:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722601 times)
centurion76

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:45:48 PM

Darkbids.com is being built, won't be long now.

twitter: @darkbids

Fantastic, I will be using this Smiley

Don't be too excited, I put all my info in and then realized too late that it was only demo and there is no security yet ;P  Least I made up a new password not used anywhere else (whew!)  LOL

Still... I need to be more careful.  I just decided a while ago that I would trust this when it was first announced in order to support what I think will be one of the most important things to come to the crypto world Cheesy. Please don't let us down, give it excellent security please!

Although the site doesn't have encryption just yet it does have several forms of security already added to it. Also, there are no coins stored on the site, nor will there be, and I am the only one on the site with access to anyone's info. If that doesn't make you feel better, I also run several other crypto related sites and I'm not too difficult to track down if you have any questions.

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
pbremen01

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:16:16 PM

What do you DRK guys think about this "warning"? Do you expect "security analysis" of DarkCoin?

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/28hqu3/warning_to_all_anonymous_coins_promoters_and/

We are group of seasoned software engineers, mathematicians and cryptographers. We take security, privacy and anonymity very seriously.
We are warning all promoters and pumpers (including, but not limited to: koolio, fontas, moosanyc, prometheus etc.) of altcoins that claim to have some sort of anonymity, privacy etc. features that we will analyze these features and publish results if these altcoins are heavily promoted and/or pumped.
In case of CryptCoin you could already see disastrous effects of such analysis on the coin price. The analysis was published on CryptCoin subreddit but was later removed by moderators.
Similar poor ideas and bad implementations have already been identified in number of other altcoins, including some that were recently heavily pumped. So please don't promote and pump any altcoin with special security, privacy or anonymity features unless you are convinced that these features can pass serious analysis.
Altcoin users: please take security, anonymity and privacy very seriously and don't trust any anonymity etc. feature unless it has been reviewed by experts. Sadly, we don't know any altcoin feature that has received such review.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:22:33 PM

hahaaaaa
oh brrrr … shaking all my bones here !
are we supposed to be scared now !
hahaaaa
this is the best troll attempt i heard since the lat 1000 pages
congrats guys, good laughs all around !!
keep it coming
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:25:31 PM

What do you DRK guys think about this "warning"? Do you expect "security analysis" of DarkCoin?

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/28hqu3/warning_to_all_anonymous_coins_promoters_and/

We are group of seasoned software engineers, mathematicians and cryptographers. We take security, privacy and anonymity very seriously.
We are warning all promoters and pumpers (including, but not limited to: koolio, fontas, moosanyc, prometheus etc.) of altcoins that claim to have some sort of anonymity, privacy etc. features that we will analyze these features and publish results if these altcoins are heavily promoted and/or pumped.
In case of CryptCoin you could already see disastrous effects of such analysis on the coin price. The analysis was published on CryptCoin subreddit but was later removed by moderators.
Similar poor ideas and bad implementations have already been identified in number of other altcoins, including some that were recently heavily pumped. So please don't promote and pump any altcoin with special security, privacy or anonymity features unless you are convinced that these features can pass serious analysis.
Altcoin users: please take security, anonymity and privacy very seriously and don't trust any anonymity etc. feature unless it has been reviewed by experts. Sadly, we don't know any altcoin feature that has received such review.

Says the guy who just signed up on BTCtalk today.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:28:33 PM

I think we know the areas that must be worked upon:

Right now we need to

a) Find a way to remove 10 DRK limit but keep a homogeneity in inputs to resist analysis
b) Launder change money because they are linkable and betray the sender during future spends
c) Make the node unaware of what it is transacting
d) Merge strong IP obfuscation / traffic encryption etc

Development plan:

-RC3 (June 20th): Fully implemented Masternode payments (20% of each block), fixes for network forking issues, multiple tickets per masternode

-RC4 (Mid July): Improved anonymity and removal of 10 DRK Darksend limitation

-Code Audit (if the seasoned cryptographers / programmers want to help, that is the stage where they'll have to contact Evan)

-RC5: Address any security issues or major bugs discovered in the audit

-Opensourcing of DarkSend

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:32:29 PM

Now that I'm reading this again:

...my question is: What has this group done for privacy and anonymity in terms of cryptocurrencies? Bitcoin is running for 5 years and until DRK placed anonymity on the spotlight, nobody really cared, or they were passively waiting for Zerocoin that may, or may never come in a usable form. The only exception is the CryptoNote group (not the coins using CN).
pbremen01

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:33:17 PM

Development plan:

-RC3 (June 20th): Fully implemented Masternode payments (20% of each block), fixes for network forking issues, multiple tickets per masternode

-Code Audit (if the seasoned cryptographers / programmers want to help, that is the stage where they'll have to contact Evan)

When will this code audit take place? End of july?
centurion76

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:33:43 PM

My take on this "warning" is that you are just about to launch a crypto that you will hype as being "truly anonymous" while you spread FUD about other coins that you analyzed and claim aren't anonymous. Did that about hit the mark? lol

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:34:52 PM

Just updated p2pool super node and prepared for hardfork - http://q30.qhor.net:7903/ - happy mining.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:35:34 PM

Development plan:

Between RC4 and RC5 no specific date.
pbremen01

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:37:45 PM

...my question is: What has this group done for privacy and anonymity in terms of cryptocurrencies? Bitcoin is running for 5 years and until DRK placed anonymity on the spotlight, nobody really cared, or they were passively waiting for Zerocoin that may, or may never come in a usable form. The only exception is the CryptoNote group (not the coins using CN).

Probably they've done nothing yet. Bitcoin community hasn't really built anything (except maybe SharedCoin, but this project is related to blockchain.info).

pbremen01

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:43:47 PM

My take on this "warning" is that you are just about to launch a crypto that you will hype as being "truly anonymous" while you spread FUD about other coins that you analyzed and claim aren't anonymous. Did that about hit the mark? lol

I'm not launching any new crypto. And I didn't analyze any coins (except CRYPTO a little because of the latest FUD). Where did you get these ideas?
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:44:05 PM

Probably they've done nothing yet. Bitcoin community hasn't really built anything (except maybe SharedCoin, but this project is related to blockchain.info).

Seasoned troll is the only thing they are. It's easy to claim to be an expert in some field, where are their articles ? Their credentials ? We see that type of FUD at least twice a month.

PS: And there is surely only one person in that "group".
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:45:10 PM

I think it'll heavily depend upon the way the masternode payment system holds up and the extent it consumes programming resources from the anonymity-hardening work.

August seems a safer date. Maybe that group will want to help out Evan in making a better product. That will be more productive than chasing scamcoins.

Regarding the scamcoin part: People just want to make money... they see DRK at 50mn marketcap and think, ok, this is not gonna go 500mn-5bn anytime soon, but I need to make 10-100x in gains and it's more likely this will be done in an up-and-coming coin rather than a big one... it's like the lottery. So they are throwing money around hoping to see big gains and returns. There's nothing wrong with that of course, and most people DO know that the anonymity (like in the case of Cryptcoin, where you write on that thread) isn't working but they hope it will (or hope to make money anyway even if it doesn't).
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:54:34 PM

So if they claim to take privacy, security and anonymity seriously, why haven't they done something?

"It's useless to blame the darkness.... light a candle instead".

Same goes for operation "chasing scamcoins".
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:03:07 AM

I will be more than $25.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:09:05 AM

There are three known people who have the mind and full trust to fully evaluate, compare and rank crypto anon coins.

These guys are:

- Adam Back
- Gregory Maxwell
- Kristov Atlas

Maybe there are more who could do it (e.g. Peter Todd, Matthew Green) but they are biased, because they are working for some of the projects.
And of course there are some people (5 till 10) world wide who could also do it, but they generally don't publish about altcoins.
slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1097

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:22:08 AM

I will be more than $25.

Per hour?

A/S/L?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:27:32 AM

I wonder where a group of seasoned software engineers, mathematicians and cryptographers would know the nicknames of the big fulltime crypto pumpers from.
It's not like these nicknames are general knowledge.

LOOOL
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:40:07 AM

I'm trying to set up a local wallet + remote wallet masternode configuration. My local machine is a windows pc, and when I finally get to the point where I can type "masternode start mypassword" I get the following error:

inbound port is not open. Please open it and try again. (19999 for testnet and 9999 for mainnet)

Question: do I have to have port 9999 open in the local wallet as well?

This is my local .conf:
addnode=23.23.186.131
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=REMOTE_IP:9999
masternodeprivkey=***

And this is the remote .conf:
addnode=23.23.186.131
listen=1
masternode=1
maxconnections=256
masternodeprivkey=***

Question: do I have to have port 9999 open in the local wallet as well?

Only if it's not communicating with your remote.  But maybe it's your masternodeprivkey causing the problem?  They should both have the local wallet's (with the 1000 dark) masternodeprivkey= number.

It's not always necessary to put your port with the ip address, but I do.  so all my ip addresses have the :9999

The local masternode address, if it has anything, it should be it's own masternodeprivkey, not the remote's.  Not 100% sure it is needed, but mine has it, and it is the local privkey in the local conf. (edit: I do think it needs it in order to be started as a masternode Smiley )

The remote also gets the local privkey.  Not sure if you just wrote that up backwards, but it won't work unless remote has local's privkey.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: