Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:32:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 [2817] 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
Sleepyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:46:22 AM

There are plenty of other coins you can buy that are 90% PR and 10% development.
Evan said something from the start like he wanted to make sure the product is 100% and then market it so it has a similar progression to what Bitcoin had, not just hype hype hype.  Hopefully everything gets completed on time, looks like it will so I keep buying.

edit - in the mean time try make some money trading using Quatloo Trader App https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
..sorry  Lips sealed

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:03:58 AM

I deleted my posts, but I'm still pissed at how Evan handling the market. The coin is good and has future but Evan making u wait basically letting not only the weak hands leave but the "weak" who can't handle having their money running in dark while they need it somewhere else.

I noticed that some whales going from one coin to another on bter38...maybe soon they will jump into dark; I hope so, fresh blood came into the market down from 0.003 while months ago it was .001 I want dark to go up I'm actually not in a rush to sell right now & I know many bagholders like me not selling even with all this pressure is on.

Who follow dark market knows we go down hard and we rise harder but the pressure is to much to handle when it's going down.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:16:35 AM

Glad you feel better mr activity 0

Waiting on the atlas review as are lots of others.
This gives something really solid to promote.
As opposed to all the "our coin is the best anon" claims which is so prevalent investors can't distinguish the good from the vaporware.
So an outside reviewer giving the thumbs up is really what it takes.

The market is pumping elsewhere.
So people sell and look for quick gains.
Dangerous though. The review could come out any day.

As for for the price it is cheap.

The future of this coin is incredibly bright. It's a long term project.

A banker friend of mine found it hilarious to think that the community is waiting for an "independent" code review on the basis that the "independent" code reviewer has been paid with the alt coin that he is reviewing.  An individual can't be truly independent unless he is paid in non related coins/currency/commodity.  Would you pay an auditor to audit a company with shares in that company? 

I bet there are more than a few hundred people keeping an eye on his public donation wallet  Wink

Before anybody flames me, I personally trust KA's involvement and given that I have a few masternodes I hope my trust is well placed.
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:23:12 AM

I deleted my posts, but I'm still pissed at how Evan handling the market. The coin is good and has future but Evan making u wait basically letting not only the weak hands leave but the "weak" who can't handle having their money running in dark while they need it somewhere else.

I noticed that some whales going from one coin to another on bter38...maybe soon they will jump into dark; I hope so, fresh blood came into the market down from 0.003 while months ago it was .001 I want dark to go up I'm actually not in a rush to sell right now & I know many bagholders like me not selling even with all this pressure is on.

Who follow dark market knows we go down hard and we rise harder but the pressure is to much to handle when it's going down.

Evan doesn't manage the market, the market manages itself. I understand what you say about him not hyping, but that's what he always said he would do, so nobody can feel cheated. I really believe that we all will be better if he is locked in the developers dungeon, not doing announcements and interviews about things that are not coded yet.

If you really believe in this, my advice is to invest what you can afford to lose and stop looking at the price. I know it is difficult, but this a long term project, you can't be always watching, it is time lost you could spend doing more useful things. Hopefully, with time, you'll make a lot of money. If you need the money soon, cryptos are not the best place to keep it meanwhile.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:26:57 AM

As opposed to all the "our coin is the best anon" claims which is so prevalent investors can't distinguish the good from the vaporware.

A banker friend of mine found it hilarious to think that the community is waiting for an "independent" code review on the basis that the "independent" code reviewer has been paid with the alt coin that he is reviewing.  An individual can't be truly independent unless he is paid in non related coins/currency/commodity.  Would you pay an auditor to audit a company with shares in that company?  

I bet there are more than a few hundred people keeping an eye on his public donation wallet  Wink

Before anybody flames me, I personally trust KA's involvement and given that I have a few masternodes I hope my trust is well placed.

Him lying literally helps nothing -- not the coin or his pocketbook.

Why? Because the coin will be opensourced. Even if he lies and successfully sells off the DRK during the pump, after the coin is opensourced everybody will know the truth and he would have effectively arrowed his crypto career in the knee. As for the coin, there might be a small pump but after opensourced if there are problems then it will drop hard.

You and your friend need to rethink how you came to the conclusion that there is an incentive to lie.

Edit: Plus, to the doubters it wouldn't matter if he was paid in BTC or $ as they would just say he was bribed.
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:27:45 AM

whinge sniffle........ but the "weak" who can't handle having their money running in dark while they need it somewhere else.....whinge sniffle

salmion

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:31:16 AM

A banker friend of mine found it hilarious to think that the community is waiting for an "independent" code review on the basis that the "independent" code reviewer has been paid with the alt coin that he is reviewing.  An individual can't be truly independent unless he is paid in non related coins/currency/commodity.  Would you pay an auditor to audit a company with shares in that company? 

I bet there are more than a few hundred people keeping an eye on his public donation wallet  Wink

Well watching that address means nothing. He can do whatever he wants with it.
Also if he anonymises it.. it won't be there anymore! Wether he spends it or not.. his business.

If someone was doing a review on counterfeitability of us banknotes they would get payed in dollars too! These aren't shares. It's currency.
fernando

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:31:40 AM

And let's not go crazy about his review. Price probably won't go crazy no matter what he publishes. As it won't with RC5 or with open source. This is a long term race. There will be crazy periods along the way, we've already had them before in both ways, but they are not easily predictable and won't come with a date attached. If they were, we would already be retired enjoying our riches Smiley
rickraw

Activity: 387

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:39:52 AM

So if Evan was giving us news and stuff everyday, all the time,, it would change the fact that these people need their money somewhere else? LOL

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
Sleepyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:41:05 AM

And let's not go crazy about his review. Price probably won't go crazy no matter what he publishes. As it won't with RC5 or with open source. This is a long term race. There will be crazy periods along the way, we've already had them before in both ways, but they are not easily predictable and won't come with a date attached. If they were, we would already be retired enjoying our riches Smiley

+1
Thats a healthy and more realistic way of looking at it.
Price will go up as more people start to actually use it, obviously.

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
salmion

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:41:30 AM

Yup the task for us "fanboys (and girls)" for now should be:

Find a place that accepts BTC and ask them to accept DRK.

There's still work to be done obviously. But RC4 is out the limit is lifted, people can transact anonymously.

Getting darkcoin out there is more than press releases and articles. Those will come. As will will pumps.
If you can write. Write an article. If you read an article on privacy,etc leave a comment about darkcoin.

Exchanges, services, gambling, markets, anywhere DRK isn't.

It should be.

Instead of watching the price and waiting for news make some.
smokim87

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:42:17 AM

Can't take the heat then crypto ain't your game...if you need the cash you got invested into any coin means one thing your investing more than you can afford.

Investing in strong coins is always a long term thing, if you held dark from January till April you would of made a shitload of cash.
If you held onto Protoshares for months, converted to BitsharesX you would of made a shitload of cash.
If you held onto bitcoindark you would of made more than 5x your investment by now.

Look at the coins that exploded in value, nothing happens over night and nothing moves in a straight line. Compare the coins that exploded to the coins that are practically dead...
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:46:08 AM

DRKCOIN.COM IS FOR SALE!!

NEWS WEBSITE YOU WANT? MASSIVE MONEY TO BE MADE. HUGE GOOGLE TRAFFIC, MASSIVE MARKET CAP.

DARKCOIN IS THE NEXT BIG THING, MAKE UP TO $500 A DAY WITH ADVERTISEMENTS ONLY.

https://ca.auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=142514149

DONT WAIT!

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
smokim87

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:47:57 AM

NEWS WEBSITE YOU WANT? MASSIVE MONEY TO BE MADE. HUGE GOOGLE TRAFFIC, MASSIVE MARKET CAP.

DONT WAIT!

LOL! $50,000 for that domain, you out of your mind?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:49:58 AM

A banker friend of mine found it hilarious to think that the community is waiting for an "independent" code review on the basis that the "independent" code reviewer has been paid with the alt coin that he is reviewing.  An individual can't be truly independent unless he is paid in non related coins/currency/commodity.  Would you pay an auditor to audit a company with shares in that company?  

I bet there are more than a few hundred people keeping an eye on his public donation wallet  Wink

I agree there is little incentive in Kristov influencing his findings because it would destroy his outstanding reputation and future career but this would not be allowed to happen in the money markets and in my opinion should not have been allowed to happen in the crypto coin market.  If a code review doesn't meet the qualifications to be considered impartial then that will be seen as a negative.

It doesn't matter how slight an incentive there is, it still provides ammo for the FUDsters and temptation for those involved.  I have seen board members of companies worth in excess of £150m lose their jobs and reputations over fraud worth less than 1000DRK on several occasions.  Its crazy but it happens.

My point is, if you're going to do an independent review...it must be totally independent.  The banker friend was interested in DRK and did his research.  He applied the same metrics that he applies to any investment in any emergent technology and DRK failed (or a least he is holding off buying) because of the way in which KA has been paid.  That's  a reminder that real world business standards need to be applied to alt coins if they are going to progress long term and attract new money.

Personally, the thing I'm most looking forward to from Kristov's review is the possibility of a better understanding of how the damn thing works Smiley

As for price checking.  I'm through my phase of checking fifty times a day...I'm spending my time and efforts bagging as many DRK as I can instead.
Gabri

Activity: 856

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:50:10 AM

DONT WAIT!

Great domain, good luck mate
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:58:26 AM

DONT WAIT!

Depends what you do with it. A pro with this domain can rack up to $500 a day easily with only traffic and articles, renting advertising space and much more. Email list, tricks to investing etc.

500 a day for 365 days is 180k+ a year. And then you can sell it for much more after that if you wish.

And if darkcoin becomes the next bitcoin, mannnn youre rolling in money.

But the thing is im not the right person for this site.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:13:22 PM

DONT WAIT!

Depends what you do with it. A pro with this domain can rack up to $500 a day easily with only traffic and articles, renting advertising space and much more. Email list, tricks to investing etc.

500 a day for 365 days is 180k+ a year. And then you can sell it for much more after that if you wish.

And if darkcoin becomes the next bitcoin, mannnn youre rolling in money.

But the thing is im not the right person for this site.

Those numbers are pure horseshit. You'd need about 500000 unique hits a day to get anywhere close.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:13:59 PM

I agree there is little incentive in Kristov influencing his findings because it would destroy his outstanding reputation and future career but this would not be allowed to happen in the money markets and in my opinion should not have been allowed to happen in the crypto coin market.  If a code review doesn't meet the qualifications to be considered impartial then that will be seen as a negative.

It doesn't matter how slight an incentive there is, it still provides ammo for the FUDsters and temptation for those involved.  I have seen board members of companies worth in excess of £150m lose their jobs and reputations over fraud worth less than 1000DRK on several occasions.  Its crazy but it happens.

My point is, if you're going to do an independent review...it must be totally independent.  The banker friend was interested in DRK and did his research.  He applied the same metrics that he applies to any investment in any emergent technology and DRK failed (or a least he is holding off buying) because of the way in which KA has been paid.  That's  a reminder that real world business standards need to be applied to alt coins if they are going to progress long term and attract new money.

Personally, the thing I'm most looking forward to from Kristov's review is the possibility of a better understanding of how the damn thing works Smiley

As for price checking.  I'm through my phase of checking fifty times a day...I'm spending my time and efforts bagging as many DRK as I can instead.

If money of any type is offered it would be ammo for FUDers. The only true independent review will be other experts looking at the code for free in their spare time and offering opinions after it is opensourced. Sounds like your friend is waiting for this stage. Cautious yes -- but it will probably cost him some profit.  

Also, the point of Kristov's review paid or otherwise was never to endorse or pump DRK. It was to add a extra pair of eyes to spot vulnerabilities, bugs and the like so that once it is opensourced -- it holds up under fire.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:35:25 PM

Biatches turning something positive like getting Kristov a MN, into something negative.

It was a sign of confidence, encouraging an industry thought leader in anon to lift the bonnet...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Pages: « 1 ... 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 [2817] 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: