Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:29:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 [2778] 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:24:08 PM

But 2FA is also dangerous when something goes wrong with your phone :  broke or stolen, I had broke my phone's display week ago, just the day before RC4 was announced, just a luck Wink . I know that you can ask site support to disable 2FA but it will take some time and to get a new phone or reapair it. It took me 4 days to replace phone's LCD and in the meantime I was using it blindly : connecting to monitor and using s-voice functions

Hah. I also missed some nice deals during the last chaos because I haven't logged in to anywhere for some time (summer...) and found out that my 2FA keys got wiped by some OS update.
I did have a backup from the whole phone but only at home and I didn't want to roll everything back (including new phone book entries and messages I picked up on the road), so I had to find a way to exctract the files I needed (by extracting and mounting ext4 partition images and locating the correct files).

Load the 2FA accounts on two devices. Just scan the same barcode once on each device when activating 2FA. Or print out the barcode for offline storage. It's not too late for existing accounts, you can use current code to deactivate 2FA then re-enable it anew on multiple devices. There may be security holes in printing out the barcode (data kept in spooler or printer memory) not sure about that...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:25:52 PM

Whatever exchange you use, make sure you have activated 2FA, if you have trouble with it, dont leave ANY coins on ANY exchange.

i had trouble with my 2FA so i got it disabled, but i didnt take out my coins as soon as cryptsy had disabled it, and in less than 24 hours, i had lost my 131 drk.

Since i have 2FA on my gmail, they could not just withdraw, so what they did instead was trade all my coins to GDC and sold it to another account...

So, Please remember, USE 2FA AT ALL TIMES! and if not, make sure you dont have any coins ANYWHERE else but your wallet (with backup of your wallet.dat)

Can I ask you
1) how complicated your pw was?
2) whether you reused the pw on other websites?

I am using 10 characters long unique pw - would you say I still need the 2FA? How could anyone compromise my account?

Have you seen this website? https://howsecureismypassword.net/

They claim not to be recording your password but I don't know if there is any way to verify that, so if you do try it out it's probably best to try a similar password, changing a character or two.

I use 2FA and long unique passwords generated by a password manager. Of course you have to trust the password manager and unless you have an amazing memory, remembering passwords without the password manager is out of the question but for trading accounts it's probably fine unless you have an incredible urge to trade on-the-go.

I use password manager, but basically remember almost all of them -  few hundreds, all you need to do is to remember some elemental core of your main password and accordingly to the site you use add some letters and characters in that way that no-one will find out what this are, simple system.

But 2FA is also dangerous when something goes wrong with your phone :  broke or stolen, I had broke my phone's display week ago, just the day before RC4 was announced, just a luck Wink . I know that you can ask site support to disable 2FA but it will take some time and to get a new phone or reapair it. It took me 4 days to replace phone's LCD and in the meantime I was using it blindly : connecting to monitor and using s-voice functions  LOL

Today got problems with finex 2FA, so everything could happen ...

That's why you write down the 2FA genkey in the event your device breaks. Or you have your apps backup in the case of Android to your account so your new android device can sync the apps and such off the old one with the keys.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:30:31 PM

Another security question. If you use cold wallet for your masternode, is there any danger when someone compromises your server?
Even if they manage to break the authentication they still have no access to the local wallet with 1,000 drk and can only seize wallet.dat on the server,
which is usually empty, right?

PS I still have a decent pw, disabled root etc. but would like to know what is the worst thing that can happen Smiley
alganonim

Activity: 260

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:33:09 PM

Whatever exchange you use, make sure you have activated 2FA, if you have trouble with it, dont leave ANY coins on ANY exchange.

i had trouble with my 2FA so i got it disabled, but i didnt take out my coins as soon as cryptsy had disabled it, and in less than 24 hours, i had lost my 131 drk.

Since i have 2FA on my gmail, they could not just withdraw, so what they did instead was trade all my coins to GDC and sold it to another account...

So, Please remember, USE 2FA AT ALL TIMES! and if not, make sure you dont have any coins ANYWHERE else but your wallet (with backup of your wallet.dat)

Can I ask you

I am using 10 characters long unique pw - would you say I still need the 2FA? How could anyone compromise my account?

They claim not to be recording your password but I don't know if there is any way to verify that, so if you do try it out it's probably best to try a similar password, changing a character or two.

I use 2FA and long unique passwords generated by a password manager. Of course you have to trust the password manager and unless you have an amazing memory, remembering passwords without the password manager is out of the question but for trading accounts it's probably fine unless you have an incredible urge to trade on-the-go.

I use password manager, but basically remember almost all of them -  few hundreds, all you need to do is to remember some elemental core of your main password and accordingly to the site you use add some letters and characters in that way that no-one will find out what this are, simple system.

But 2FA is also dangerous when something goes wrong with your phone :  broke or stolen, I had broke my phone's display week ago, just the day before RC4 was announced, just a luck Wink . I know that you can ask site support to disable 2FA but it will take some time and to get a new phone or reapair it. It took me 4 days to replace phone's LCD and in the meantime I was using it blindly : connecting to monitor and using s-voice functions  LOL

That's why you write down the 2FA genkey in the event your device breaks. Or you have your apps backup in the case of Android to your account so your new android device can sync the apps and such off the old one with the keys.

I got all written down but it didn't worked on another device, so printing code could be a good idea.
Copied 2FA app with all settings will work same way on another device, did you tried it ?
Some apps are checking device id, which could be different even when you buy same phone model, prevously i thought about buying same model and clone it, 2FA is new thing to me and I don't wont to check it hard way when sometings will goes wrong.

BTW crazy order cleaning on bitfinex right now Wink 0.00899 for a moment - market price order ?
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:44:04 PM

Good day sir, gimme money for my charity, god bless

This is exactly the reason why masternode charity donations are completely out of question

Out of question for you possibly, but how is that important for everyone else? If you are not creating anything yourself, it seems that your thought here is mostly important for you.

When I update the community on what I am helping create and let positive thinking members know I am working hard on this creative project that is positive, I am sharing my creativity. When you attempt to attack my hearts creativity by trying to paint me as a scammer or a religious freak (whichever one was intended by your fake quote), what you share is your lack of creativity.

First, I have told people that we are not ready to accept donations yet and as for god, my belief in a supreme being is my concern. If you don't believe in the project you are free to not participate. You are also free to participate.

If you have decided to attack Darkcoin related projects, especially this independent charity and in such an easy and a gratuitous way, well... I hope your problems get resolved, just like the other problems of the world. Namaste.

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:44:47 PM

Another security question. If you use cold wallet for your masternode, is there any danger when someone compromises your server?
Even if they manage to break the authentication they still have no access to the local wallet with 1,000 drk and can only seize wallet.dat on the server,

PS I still have a decent pw, disabled root etc. but would like to know what is the worst thing that can happen Smiley

Correct, if your server is compromised the worst that can happen is that they shut down the daemon and/or use the server for their own purposes, which you can put a stop to by contacting your VPS provider or shutting it down and re-imaging it with a different IP and security credentials from your dashboard. Hopefully you have monitoring in place to alert you that something is amiss, and can act quickly.

The likelihood of your server getting hacked if you have nothing but darkcoind running, all ports except 9999 and ssh closed, and a strong password or ssh key is very, very low, and if it happens it will be almost certainly down to sloppy practices in your password/key management locally, so make sure your local box is locked down too.
eahmadov

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:45:45 PM

Can I ask you

I use password manager, but basically remember almost all of them -  few hundreds, all you need to do is to remember some elemental core of your main password and accordingly to the site you use add some letters and characters in that way that no-one will find out what this are, simple system.

But 2FA is also dangerous when something goes wrong with your phone :  broke or stolen, I had broke my phone's display week ago, just the day before RC4 was announced, just a luck Wink . I know that you can ask site support to disable 2FA but it will take some time and to get a new phone or reapair it. It took me 4 days to replace phone's LCD and in the meantime I was using it blindly : connecting to monitor and using s-voice functions  LOL

I got all written down but it didn't worked on another device, so printing code could be a good idea.
Copied 2FA app with all settings will work same way on another device, did you tried it ?
Some apps are checking device id, which could be different even when you buy same phone model, prevously i thought about buying same model and clone it, 2FA is new thing to me and I don't wont to check it hard way when sometings will goes wrong.

BTW crazy order cleaning on bitfinex right now Wink 0.00899 for a moment - market price order ?

Well, don't be happy about the price yet. Someone just moved 5000 dark in mintpal. Price dropped to 0.0072 already :-/
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:48:16 PM

Correct, if your server is compromised the worst that can happen is that they shut down the daemon and/or use the server for their own purposes, which you can put a stop to by contacting your VPS provider or shutting it down and re-imaging it with a different IP and security credentials from your dashboard. Hopefully you have monitoring in place to alert you that something is amiss, and can act quickly.

The likelihood of your server getting hacked if you have nothing but darkcoind running, all ports except 9999 and ssh closed, and a strong password or ssh key is very, very low, and if it happens it will be almost certainly down to sloppy practices in your password/key management locally, so make sure your local box is locked down too.

Ok this is what I needed to hear as well. I guess its time I put up a masternode. Anyone have a link to the best up-to-date masternode creation guide?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:51:19 PM

Ok this is what I needed to hear as well. I guess its time I put up a masternode. Anyone have a link to the best up-to-date masternode creation guide?

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/drk-guide-rc3-masternode-windows-local-linux-remote-vultr.1367/
(i assume this goes for RC4 as well)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:54:26 PM

Great, thanks! Yep, have closed all the ports except 9999 & disabled ssh so the only way to get in is through the web interface & breaking the 10 character long pw.
Not very likely but still good to know my local coins are separated from the possible server compromise :-)
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:04:40 PM

You can also make a copy of 2 factor by copying the data directory off of the phone.

The only thing you'll need to do after that is run a "fix permissions" on the phone itself for full functionality.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:08:08 PM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/drk-guide-rc3-masternode-windows-local-linux-remote-vultr.1367/
(i assume this goes for RC4 as well)

Yep, works perfectly for RC4 (just need to fix version numbers on the wget and tar).

Speaking of MN's, just looked at mine and 10 payments today so far. Smiley
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:09:59 PM

Ok its official !!

I've updated all my clients (at least all that have been online!) so I will be leaving next weekend for an undetermined number of days.
 Anyone wanting a Masternode (or update) do it NOW, or regret it later!

I may well radically change my service. Will take the time off to think about it.

Cool

(check my sig)
rickraw

Activity: 387

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:33:43 PM

Can someone help me with getting my coins anon? I have 330 DRK in wallet, all sent to one address from exchange.  Had 0.0 payment to self and had some 0.0125 amounts split but in the log I am getting error "Too little to denominate".  Set to 4 rounds and keep 1000 DRK anon.

Code:
2014-08-20 19:28:08 DoAutomaticDenominating : Too little to denominate (must have 1.1DRK)
2014-08-20 19:28:21 new darksend queue object - 91.121.219.246:9999
2014-08-20 19:28:23 Added 1 addresses from 209.222.30.177: 434 tried, 9739 new
2014-08-20 19:28:30 new darksend queue object - 108.61.198.81:9999
2014-08-20 19:28:33 CDarkSendPool::CheckTimeout() : REMOVING EXPIRED QUEUE ENTRY - 0
2014-08-20 19:28:39 CDarkSendPool::CheckTimeout() : REMOVING EXPIRED QUEUE ENTRY - 0
2014-08-20 19:28:42 new darksend queue object - 108.61.198.163:9999
2014-08-20 19:28:44 AcceptToMemoryPool: 37.187.43.244:9999 /Satoshi:0.10.12.31/ : accepted c2f6b95e1d47646c8e243863e087b1565414d629db52ba37171a8dd127c6b363 (poolsz 12)
2014-08-20 19:28:58 CDarkSendPool::CheckTimeout() : REMOVING EXPIRED QUEUE ENTRY - 0
2014-08-20 19:29:00 CDarkSendPool::CheckTimeout() : REMOVING EXPIRED QUEUE ENTRY - 0
2014-08-20 19:29:07 CDarkSendPool::CheckTimeout() : REMOVING EXPIRED QUEUE ENTRY - 0
2014-08-20 19:29:08 DoAutomaticDenominating : Too little to denominate (must have 1.1DRK)
2014-08-20 19:29:21 AcceptToMemoryPool: 54.79.92.130:9999 /Satoshi:0.10.12.27/ : accepted b9b2f5f0d8169bf03905aefecd69aabe07b427e078900771a27354e9a667c104 (poolsz 13)
2014-08-20 19:29:25 dseep: Couldn't find masternode entry CTxIn(COutPoint(0bb12678271294deebe27c97eb8d915527ed55171825d03df19eccac061772a6, 1), scriptSig=)
2014-08-20 19:29:25 dseep: Couldn't find masternode entry CTxIn(COutPoint(0bb12678271294deebe27c97eb8d915527ed55171825d03df19eccac061772a6, 1), scriptSig=)
2014-08-20 19:29:35 new darksend queue object - 54.72.198.176:9999
2014-08-20 19:29:39 CDarkSendPool::CheckTimeout() : REMOVING EXPIRED QUEUE ENTRY - 0

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:38:55 PM

Would be great to eventually brand and name it something that promotes these aspects of its use.  I love Tor and its capabilities, just hate the word Tor as it has been smeared in the mainstream. But makes sense to call it DarkTor in the present stages as it easily explains what it is.

Could call it DarkMesh or something similar so its not "Tor"

Don't call it Dark or Tor, or any combination.

Call it Web 3.0.

Average Joe and Jane will simply think there is a new internet being created. One where you are not tracked to death by those wanting to sell you something based on what you have been browsing recently or what you were just discussing on Facebook or Twitter.

If you give it a generic label resembling something people already trust, you beat the name association game of, Tor = bad, Dark = bad, DarkTor = very fucking bad.

Bitcoin has had to fight a similar problem. Its taking years and years to shake off the negative images that the media were able to cast on it.

Web 3.0 has a ready made narrative: we are pissed off with all the shit ads being targeted at us by internet giants needing to show quarter by quarter revenue growth.

We think the internet is free, but its not. We pay by allowing others access to our identities, and we don't even ask them to pay for it.

If you maintain this status, you will lose your identity because you can become a media campaign and herded to buy things at given times of they day, week, month or year.

Stop being sheep. Pay up $0.10 in DRK to use Web 3.0.
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:43:50 PM

will i lose more money if i hold now?

chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

Can someone help me with getting my coins anon? I have 330 DRK in wallet, all sent to one address from exchange.  Had 0.0 payment to self and had some 0.0125 amounts split but in the log I am getting error "Too little to denominate".  Set to 4 rounds and keep 1000 DRK anon.

Code:
2014-08-20 19:28:08 DoAutomaticDenominating : Too little to denominate (must have 1.1DRK)

Use Tante Stefana's tutorial. Check input using coin control.

http://coinbrief.net/how-to-use-darkcoin-wallet-darksend/
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:47:19 PM

Whats up yo!?

Can I get a recap of the past 200 pages? Anything new for us miners??

Thanks all!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:48:27 PM

Whats up yo!?

Can I get a recap of the past 200 pages? Anything new for us miners??

Thanks all!

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-update-august-19-2014.2086/
miners get a bit more fee from the Darksend Denominate transactions (0.0125 goes to miners)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:49:49 PM

Ok its official !!

I've updated all my clients (at least all that have been online!) so I will be leaving next weekend for an undetermined number of days.
 Anyone wanting a Masternode (or update) do it NOW, or regret it later!

I may well radically change my service. Will take the time off to think about it.

Cool

(check my sig)

Hey Bro, sent you a PM in reference to your service could you please check it out.
Pages: « 1 ... 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 [2778] 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: