Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:10:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 [2832] 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:43:12 AM

In the future there will be tons of people, governments, and other organizations trying to destroy what Evan has built... there really is no reason to "groove" a pitch right in the middle of the plate for them.   

Reading between the lines of all the trolling and fud attacks, there's a lot of jealous developers out there who know crypto a lot better than any external agencies that will one day be threatened by Dark.

That IMO is going to be Dark's true enemy in the coming weeks and months.

I'm sure Evan and his talented team know this, for those reasons alone he can't make everything open source until it's bullet proof.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:53:02 AM

In the future there will be tons of people, governments, and other organizations trying to destroy what Evan has built... there really is no reason to "groove" a pitch right in the middle of the plate for them.  

Reading between the lines of all the trolling and fud attacks, there's a lot of jealous developers out there who know crypto a lot better than any external agencies that will one day be threatened by Dark.

I'm sure Evan and his talented team know this, for those reasons alone he can't make everything open source until it's bullet proof.
I really hope that this issue does not delay open sourcing, although if it has to come to that, it's better to delay than to open Darkcoin to attack. Open sourcing will be a REALLY big deal for us, as it could open up all sorts of new attack vectors. Knowing all the competitors that we have, and the lengths they'll go to damage us, a missed loophole could be even more catastrophic than the RC3 forking issues. I'm quite worried, but I trust that Evan will get this right in the end.
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:04:33 AM

I really hope that this issue does not delay open sourcing, although if it has to come to that, it's better to delay than to open Darkcoin to attack. Open sourcing will be a REALLY big deal for us, as it could open up all sorts of new attack vectors. Knowing all the competitors that we have, and the lengths they'll go to damage us, a missed loophole could be even more catastrophic than the RC3 forking issues. I'm quite worried, but I trust that Evan will get this right in the end.

Payment of Masternode was already open sourced.
It's on github. https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin

Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:08:45 AM

Payment of Masternode was already open sourced.
It's on github. https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin

Interesting. So this should not result in any delay of open sourcing then?
drkwarrior

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:27:02 AM

Looks like most weak hands have left the building :-)  , only one 10btc wall at 55.
 if you sold earlier, luck was on your side to buy cheaper now but only a fool would sell at these prices.
 The only working anon coin in all crypto. When it goes open source then merchants can add drk as a payment option. Think what made btc go from 0 to $50...sr, one merchant that promised anon trans over the web is what gave btc value. Think when a new sr uses drk instead of btc and actually does anon trans then what will happen? Cool
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:35:09 AM

Looks like most weak hands have left the building :-)  , only one 10btc wall at 55.
 if you sold earlier, luck was on your side to buy cheaper now but only a fool would sell at these prices.
 The only working anon coin in all crypto. When it goes open source then merchants can add drk as a payment option. Think what made btc go from 0 to $50...sr, one merchant that promised anon trans over the web is what gave btc value. Think when a new sr uses drk instead of btc and actually does anon trans then what will happen? Cool

I wouldn't phrase DRK as the only working anon in crypto. Cryptonote coins are anonymous but suffer scalability and bloating issues. DRK is the only working anon that is derived from BTC so it has the potential for easier integration for BTC-based systems.
drkwarrior

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:42:03 AM

I wouldn't phrase DRK as the only working anon in crypto. Cryptonote coins are anonymous but suffer scalability and bloating issues. DRK is the only working anon that is derived from BTC so it has the potential for easier integration for BTC-based systems.

true and cn coins are not user friendly enough for merchant adoption either. 
Laxdude7691

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:03:40 AM

Given the time table of 3-6 weeks when does everybody think RC5 will be released? When that was announced that would have put the date at the beginning of October for the max time. Think the price will remain where it is at till then? Would like to dollar cost my investment to make up for all the coins I purchased well above what it is now. Have one MN now, prices are right accumulating for a  second. Undecided
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:28:39 AM

has there been any discussion on working with BTCD devs? haven't been active in this thread in months; not really sure where this coin is at right now

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

Toninho

Activity: 597

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:30:52 AM

Given the time table of 3-6 weeks when does everybody think RC5 will be released? When that was announced that would have put the date at the beginning of October for the max time. Think the price will remain where it is at till then? Would like to dollar cost my investment to make up for all the coins I purchased well above what it is now. Have one MN now, prices are right accumulating for a  second. Undecided
drkwarrior

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:34:18 AM

has there been any discussion on working with BTCD devs? haven't been active in this thread in months; not really sure where this coin is at right now

?? are you high m8....btcd is a scam coin being pumped by woolong n co, ill give you a tip....whales are gona cash out before 0.015 ( around 8 mill market cap) then its up to the btcd noob bagholders to decide how long they want to hold a overpriced,premined , pump n dump coin...gd luck though lol ;-)
baddw

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:37:21 AM

People here go from circle jerking to panic mode very fast. I don't see the problem  Lips sealed.
It all depends on what Evan meant by that statement. I think we can all agree that no enforcement is very very problematic. Miners do not necessarily have to be sympathetic to DRK. Additionally, no enforcement would open up an attack vector on the Masternode network. Someone who doesn't like DRK can simply mine at a 20% advantage to everyone else, while undermining the system that lets DRK function.

There has to be enforcement. I suppose the advantage of the RC3 voting method is that is has been tried and tested so in that regards surely less risky to turn on?

Let's wait to hear from the captain..

The RC4 system has inherent issues that were documented in Jira, plus it also has a systematic risk to the network (Sporking is less risky than a hard fork, but there's a risk the network forks wouldn't actually go away when the spork was turned off after a failure). These few issues combined with the fact that we've reached 80-90% payment efficiency tells me that it's not worth the risk to the network to move from the RC3 payment system.

Also, I have a separate plan I've been considering as an alternative that carries no risk and can be done at RC5's launch. Basically, I would set a minimum protocol version and boot anyone not running RC4 or later off the network. This should get us to 98%+ payments.

I don't see why mined blocks without proper MN payments can't just be rejected by all honest nodes?

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
visual111

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:40:43 AM

?? are you high m8....btcd is a scam coin being pumped by woolong n co, ill give you a tip....whales are gona cash out before 0.015 ( around 8 mill market cap) then its up to the btcd noob bagholders to decide how long they want to hold a overpriced,premined , pump n dump coin...gd luck though lol ;-)

not much substance to this post. i would be interested if you have anything to support this though, other than hearsay

the premine argument is pretty weak
if teleport works, the coin will certainly be underpriced @ .01
if BTCD is PnD, then so is DRK and any other coin that pops and drops. that's called whale manipulation

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES

drkwarrior

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:43:01 AM

within 2 weeks ,kristoff should have reviewed drk.
within 3-4 weeks rc5 will be complete.
within 6-8weeks drk will be open sourced.
Once open sourced merchant adoption and serious investing will begin.  Cool
drkwarrior

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:46:07 AM

not much substance to this post. i would be interested if you have anything to support this though, other than hearsay

ive already told you too much,lol. Tongue (people pay for advice like this) Cool
visual111

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:48:40 AM

ive already told you too much,lol. Tongue (people pay for advice like this) Cool
'

oh, well i better dump my BTCD! yikes!

INTRODUCING WAVES

darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:52:00 AM

yeah and you can have the message as a priv encryption key ^with random new hash from Deanon process, so the key is sent with the coins.. the whole message goes anon too. There will only be one possible key for one address.. Can't be tracked or cracked
This sounds great! Having a little trouble following though. Is there resources or maybe break it down for this big dummy.
Could anyone explain this to me in detail here or do I have to go to darkcorn site?
drkwarrior

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:56:29 AM

the premine argument is pretty weak
if teleport works, the coin will certainly be underpriced @ .01
if BTCD is PnD, then so is DRK and any other coin that pops and drops. that's called whale manipulation

premine is 5%....
IF teleport works?,lol
yes btcd and drk have both been pumped by whales but drk has a community that work with the dev. drk has 800 mnodes that serve many purposes. drk is working anon, drk created dgw,x11, spork. drk/fiat@bitfinex & craptsy
btcd just like btc2, btcs and btcl will end up like, xc , croak and those other shitty alts.
Laxdude7691

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:02:02 AM

within 2 weeks ,kristoff should have reviewed drk.
within 3-4 weeks rc5 will be complete.
within 6-8weeks drk will be open sourced.
Once open sourced merchant adoption and serious investing will begin.  Cool
Thanks for your reply. Post you made earlier about SR I think is spot on. Privacy is obviously very important to people in this space. If DRK can get adopted here first it would spread like a virus from there. I think future is very bright...price is discouraging but hopefully Santa will leave some presents under the tree... Cheesy
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:22:58 AM

The RC4 system has inherent issues that were documented in Jira, plus it also has a systematic risk to the network (Sporking is less risky than a hard fork, but there's a risk the network forks wouldn't actually go away when the spork was turned off after a failure). These few issues combined with the fact that we've reached 80-90% payment efficiency tells me that it's not worth the risk to the network to move from the RC3 payment system.

Also, I have a separate plan I've been considering as an alternative that carries no risk and can be done at RC5's launch. Basically, I would set a minimum protocol version and boot anyone not running RC4 or later off the network. This should get us to 98%+ payments.

why 98%+ and not 100%  Huh

Why Huh
Ours is not to know the reason why.
What's 2% when we'll touch the sky?
Stand forth here now and salute heir yonder,
Forget the past, he'll bring us a wonder....!

“Yes, a Jedi’s strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan’s apprentice.”

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Pages: « 1 ... 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 [2832] 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: