Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:59:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3048 3049 3050 3051 3052 3053 3054 3055 3056 3057 3058 3059 3060 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 [3098] 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722724 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:20:25 AM

What do we know about DRKLord's situation? Anything we can do to help?

Last I heard, he was having health issues but he hasn't even logged into his accounts since mid-August. Apparently, Evan couldn't even get a hold of him so it looks like we don't have much choice but to find another QT developer.

I talked with evan this morning about that QT/C++ issue,
there is a good plan in motion, he is on it and we will update regarding that soon .....>

Time to get that wallet (and everything else) on the road .....>

Edit: hope DRKLord is ok though !

I think the Dev I recruited on Twitter got a hold of him. That's what he told me (the Dev, not Evan)....

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:23:07 AM

Am I missing something here? Why is Darkcoin the only coin in the top 10 to have dropped significantly over the last 24 hours? Over 5% lost.

You have all these great announcements and features (anonymous sending, open source, instant transactions) and yet the price just either stays the same or goes down.

The volume on fucking Dogecoin (that as far as I can tell offers jack shit) was 6x Darkcoin in the last 24 hours. It's like a bad joke. The market cap too is looking like it will drop below Namecoin.

Before any calls me a "troll" or "hater" (I hate people who do that), you should know I own a pretty significant number of Darkcoins and have for a while. It's the only coin I own aside from Bitcoin, because I believe in the principle of an anonymous currency and I like how Darkcoin has been developed. But what the hell? You have HUGE developments and virtually zero price movement or greater adoption.

I think it's time to face reality... Darkcoin seems unable to break out of a small core group of believers. Something obviously needs to give

Oh, the price issue AGAIN? The open-source era is just beginning. The average person can't do much with Darkcoin right now, and that reflects in the price. Build the Darkness (infrastructure) so Darkcoin is truly useful in a real-world sense, and then the next step will be adoption, and the slow growth that comes with it. Do you realize that the entire Darkcoin marketcap couldn't even pay Alex Rodriguez's salary for a year? Think about that for a second.

I don't think people have any inkling about how huge, massive, and titanic this project has the potential to be, IN TIME. If you don't have the patience, get out and sell your coins.

Bitcoin's problem is that it is getting tons of corporate adoption, but relatively few client (average person) adoption. This lack of demand reflects the price in a negative way. Use your price-worrying energy to sing the praises of Darkcoin to anyone you encounter, every day, all day. Start a twitter or facebook page, get people in to the Dark! This is the only way our investment will succeed.

If you decide to stick it out, put your coins away, use them when it is easier to, and come back in 5-10 years and see where you're at.

I don't usually swear, but for fuck sakes, stop worring about today's price, and think about the bigger picture!

/rant

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:23:36 AM

We have a lot of very delusional crazies here.

Maybe, but I contend that we are somewhat less delusional than the crazies on Wall St...  Grin
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:24:36 AM

Nice read. Interview with Evan:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/darkcoin-2-0-open-source-interview-darkcoins-duffield/

Quote from: Evan in article
We have some other secret projects we are not ready to reveal yet but we have created a very solid foundation to continue to innovate at a very accelerated pace.

Thanks, buddy! Tweeted.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:24:58 AM

Remember those two sunbathing sisters?

Well, they have "wised up" and are back with some new "ideas":

quoted because
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:27:29 AM

BTW, it's so irritating!  I earned 0.01 btc not long ago, and I opened my bitcoin wallet (so I can send it to mintpal and buy dark, LOL) and it's been updating from 6 weeks behind for the past hour and a half.  I have a quick connection, but it always takes forever to update the blockchain!  And I can't have it running on my windows box because it just hogs up resources all the time.  I don't see how anyone can use bitcoin, it's a slug and the depth to which it sucks just cant' be expressed!  Over an hour and a half and I'm at 4 weeks behind!  Geepers!

Not only does it take forever, it also uses a hell lot of CPU to do the syncing. (check your task manager)

That's why I never have it running.  What the heck is it with the bitcoin wallet anyway?  What's different about DRK wallet (that it isnt' even noticeable when it's running?)  Anyway, I'm going to bed, it's going to take 5-6 more hours from what I can see, screw that, I'm getting some zzzz's  I bet the price will be up when I am ready to buy, ROFL

I use Electrum. And Electrum-DRK is going to be awesome.  Cool
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:30:05 AM

Remember those two sunbathing sisters?

Well, they have "wised up" and are back with some new "ideas":

quoted because

I like the way you think!  Tongue

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:30:09 AM

The biggest problem of DRK - and all other altcoins - is the obvious lack of liquidity.
The crazies here brag and moan about the wild swings of the price.
Indeed it only means someone is using the coin.
A single transaction of a couple of 100.000 $ will let the price swing in the means of 30-40%.

This is why your beloved coin, no matter how advanced the software might be, is pretty useless as a currency.
To create a usable financial instrument it is vital to provide liquidity.
If you can't do that, you're practically DOA.
Theres no fix for that, harsh reality sucks.
Neither for DRK, nor for any other altcoin.

The way it is done thru the "markets" is a total failure.
It only ever means that a lot of capital ends up in the wrong pockets, in a total rigged shell game.
And it does nothing to provide liquidity.

I like your sig flipme! I see your a fan of the Dead or at least in the man who wrote some great tunes with Bob Weir. Nice  Cool

Thanks, I've never been a real Deadhead, but a close follower of The Well and when the EFF formed I was already attached to the German CCC.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:30:24 AM

Darkcoin 2.0 Open Source – Interview With Darkcoin’s Duffield ...>>>>

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/darkcoin-2-0-open-source-interview-darkcoins-duffield/

and Cointelegraph !!

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112648/darkcoin-releases-open-source-code-exits-beta-stages

That was that we were looking for !!!
...>>
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:32:46 AM

Darkcoin 2.0 Open Source – Interview With Darkcoin’s Duffield ...>>>>

and Cointelegraph !!

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112648/darkcoin-releases-open-source-code-exits-beta-stages

That was that we were looking for !!!
...>>

Tweeted! #buildthedarkness

alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:40:02 AM

The biggest problem of DRK - and all other altcoins - is the obvious lack of liquidity.
A single transaction of a couple of 100.000 $ will let the price swing in the means of 30-40%.

This is why your beloved coin, no matter how advanced the software might be, is pretty useless as a currency.

I see one way to solve this problem:
Hope one day we will see 2-currency wallet, that can hold both BTC+DRK with build in decentralized exchange (through Masternodes).
For instance right now I (like many other btc+drk holders) am ready to place long-term Buy-wall on let say «0.005» (some other will set it up on 0.006 and so on…).
But I am not ready to leave my money on Mintpal, Cryptsy, … for more than 1 day.
Because the chance that after let say 1 month I finally get cheap DRK is less than chance I will have Mt.Gox-like problem.

With 2-currency wallet it won't be a danger of losing coins - so many holders will place long-term DRK-BTC orders, providing great liquidity.
Such 2-currency wallet will also be very popular among many Bitcoin users - because allow them to anonymize Bitcoins easily, quick, cheap, reliable, …

Scriptiee

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:57:09 AM

I see we are still wasting the forum space by replying to post that do not bring anything to the conversation, sigh, stay classy bitcointalk....
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:15:21 PM

I see one way to solve this problem:
Hope one day we will see 2-currency wallet, that can hold both BTC+DRK with build in decentralized exchange (through Masternodes).
For instance right now I (like many other btc+drk holders) am ready to place long-term Buy-wall on let say «0.005» (some other will set it up on 0.006 and so on…).
But I am not ready to leave my money on Mintpal, Cryptsy, … for more than 1 day.
Because the chance that after let say 1 month I finally get cheap DRK is less than chance I will have Mt.Gox-like problem.

With 2-currency wallet it won't be a danger of losing coins - so many holders will place long-term DRK-BTC orders, providing great liquidity.
Such 2-currency wallet will also be very popular among many Bitcoin users - because allow them to anonymize Bitcoins easily, quick, cheap, reliable, …

I said it before:

What you could do with the Masternode network is very close to what RIPPLE is.
You would use it to issue IOUs and create trusts, on the DRK transaction system.

This would solve your little problem, but would on the other hand make the intrinsic value of the coin rather irrelevant.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:18:32 PM

My post was about the fact that everyone else is NOT getting the same hashrate.

It is unavoidable. Display driver fiddling geeks and insider mining groups will rape every coin with a new algo. It has happened every time, and will likely continue to happen. Sometimes the effect is worse, sometimes less so. Not too big of a deal in case of DRK I suppose?

What do you suggest though - should we buy your miner for 100 BTC 10 000 DRK or something?
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:20:17 PM

LOL, I never saw the second topic title in March... that shit is funny. It's basically an advertisement that the miner (that you created) for X11 (also of your own creation) sucks so badly that it uses about half the available capabilities of a GPU, if you assume the then-current Scrypt GPU implementation used 100%. Since that's unlikely, you're actually broadcasting to everyone that you did so badly creating a miner for your own PoW that you managed to use LESS than half the compute capability of your target hardware!

... Come to think of it, that's so bad you have to wonder if it wasn't intentional. After all, that's on the level of being unable to walk and talk at the same time.

Actually it came to pass that it was the switching from algo to algo that was slowing down the use of the processors and keeping the system cool.  There have been improvements to the miner, but I was there, and Evan was cranking out updates and improvements so fast, I am certain he didn't have time for the miner.  Besides, Evan started this as a passion.  He was rich, in finances, love and happiness well before he started this coin.  He never felt the need to hide who he was, why should he?

Something tells me you're jealous.

BTW, he's still rich in money, love and happiness because people that are honest, hard working and passionate are also happy and oft rewarded  Tongue Grin Cheesy Wink Tongue Kiss

Wolf0 I thought you were an OK guy up until that last post.  WTF is wrong with you dude?

Many people liked the fact that x11 ran cooler and didn't smash the fuck out of your GPU's.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:24:15 PM

Could be, I suppose, but if it is fake, it's a pretty good fake one. It does sound like something that would be advertised by someone who lacks a clue on details of miners.

Are you saying that any algorithm and combination of algorithms can be parallelized and optimized to use 100% your GPU?

Any? No, of course not. Look at CryptoNight, XMR's PoW, for example. Running that one 100% on any current GPU would be a really neat trick - seeing as memory accesses are going to just kill your GPU usage per thread. Normally, what you do in that circumstance is just run an asston of threads until you're using a decent amount of the compute capabilities... but you can't do that with CN. Why? Because each hash requires 2MiB of scratchpad, you are gonna run outta memory LONG before you run outta compute capability. So, it's a dog on GPUs and is going to be for the forseeable future, I think.

X11? No, you don't have that excuse - not even close. Yes, it uses memory, but the amount is TINY. We're talking MINISCULE levels compared to CN, and as a matter of fact, it can be reduced by (don't quote me, this is a rather rough estimate since I'm not counting bytes) probably half. This means that you're already going to run out of compute capabilities a LONG ASS TIME before you even think you might be low on memory. And even if that weren't the case - several parts of X11 can have their memory usage VASTLY reduced if you're willing to trade memory access for computations. In the current situation (being that compute capability is our bottleneck) that still is sometimes a good idea, but sometimes not. Since a LOT of memory usage and accesses can be removed from the current X11 kernel for almost no hit when it comes to computation, increasing overall speed, that makes it even less likely you'd be limited by memory.

So, no. SOME algorithms are always gonna be dogs on GPUs as far as I can tell - using very little of its power. X11 is not one of them.

By the way, combinations of algorithms are probably gonna be a LOT easier to parallelize. Why? You can do them in any order - so if one hogs memory and the other hogs compute, run them in parallel. Now, before you say I'm retarded and X11 must be done in order (which would be correct, the latter part) - consider that you are doing the same thing over and over. If I run one hash, then start another thread later, I could conceivably, by running two completely different X11 hashes at the same time on the same GPU, work it out so that they aren't synced. What I mean by that is, while thread 0 is running the first, I could have thread 1 running the fifth. By doing this, it could be possible to use more compute, if memory access were a bottleneck. (Again, it isn't.)

You're missing the whole point of distributed mining.

IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER whether you get 2MH or 6MH or 657MH, as long as everyone else is getting about the same.

Total hash is irrelevant, DISTRIBUTION of it matters.

No, I'm not missing the point, you are failing to follow what I have said to its logical conclusion. My post was not about XMR being good because it's slow, or anything like that. My post was about the fact that everyone else is NOT getting the same hashrate. Case in point: A few days worth of work and I have 8.0MH/s on 290X, 5.7MH/s on 280X, 5.0MH/s on 7950, and 3.6MH/s on 270X. Now, go fetch whatever is the current best you can find, and tell me what you get - on any one of those cards. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Getting the same hashrate? Barring the 270X, is it even within 1 MH/s?

And if you and maybe 27 others are getting a total of a few (or a few hundred) MH more against a backdrop of 100GH, it makes bugger all difference in the grand scheme of things, and whatever 'advantage' you have will be short lived as everyone else adopts faster mining software too.

Mining is never going to be a perfectly level playing field, some people can simply afford more gpus...
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:35:25 PM

I mean, other coins doing development in wildly different areas that are kind of cool, like XCN's mini blockchain concept. Hell, even if you only cared about DRK no matter what, what if you were a miner or something? If you stayed ONLY in this thread, your available information on miners/cards/other shit would be pretty limited.

Ask Aizen how many bags of Shitcoins he's left with because he follows the trends and mines new coins all the time...

Take solace in the Darkness...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Icebucket

Activity: 409

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:37:09 PM

Made a open source video  Cheesy

It features Darkcoin and this little guy

Check it out, share and tweet  Grin
https://vid.me/MWL

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 12:39:21 PM

hm, the video just loads and loads and loads and doesn't play.
Am I doing something wrong?

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:45:22 PM

Haaaa
how cool is that !!!
Tx well done
will post that around !?
(ok for you ?)
Pages: « 1 ... 3048 3049 3050 3051 3052 3053 3054 3055 3056 3057 3058 3059 3060 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 [3098] 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: