Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:11:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3617 3618 3619 3620 3621 3622 3623 3624 3625 3626 3627 3628 3629 3630 3631 3632 3633 3634 3635 3636 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 3644 3645 3646 3647 3648 3649 3650 3651 3652 3653 3654 3655 3656 3657 3658 3659 3660 3661 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 [3667] 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 3676 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 3687 3688 3689 3690 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 3701 3702 3703 3704 3705 3706 3707 3708 3709 3710 3711 3712 3713 3714 3715 3716 3717 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
onetime

Activity: 602
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:50:11 PM

I'd much rather have a hoverbike.  Cool

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DavidR

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:32:58 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 05:50:51 PM by DavidR

This is pretty cool:

Spreadcoin's dev is going to turn on Masternodes and Darksend (SPR is Darkcoin codebase) but actually keep them named Masternodes and Darksend: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg9817463#msg9817463
I will start working on integrating DarkCoin features: masternodes and darksend. I will not copy-paste them blindly, maybe I will make a few improvements if possible. After this we will test it on testnet to see how it is working. Once it is ready I will set a hardfork point and make new builds, I want to make this transition flawless. I understand that there is a lot of impatience, people want everything to happen instantly but I don't think we need a rush here.

Since masternodes and darksend work for DarkCoin I see no reason why it wouldn't work for SpreadCoin. If you have any suggestions about how masternodes/darksend can be made better you can say it.

I will leave the names Masternode and DarkSend as is, I don't see any reason to rename them.

Also I want to write a white paper about my changes and original DarkCoin features themselves, current DarkCoin white papers are either outdated or describe only part of the necessary information. I want my cryptocurrency to have a good description about what it is and how it works.

He's a REALLY GOOD dev (check his innovations in Spreadcoin) so we should keep a close eye to see if anything he does to improve Darksend/Masternodes can be used in Darkcoin.  It's nice to see someone respecting the Darkcoin brand names.  This can only help DRK in my opinion.

[disclaimer] I bought a couple thousand SPR to setup some masternodes since it's so cheap right now.
droptable

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:43:42 PM

hi.please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.my dark coin to wallet     http://darkcoin-e.com/    and all my dark coin not send to any address dark coin.whyyy?Huh? after 1 months is Processing   and not complete yet. and i send email too cantact support and not Response .please help me.i lost  all my dark coin
what was your darkcoin wallet address there?

Wasn't that website outed as a scam?  I remember seeing something from tunfa...

can we add the warning to the first post of this tread (?)!
please.

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:48:32 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 04:59:17 PM by oblox

If he's such a great dev, why hasn't he contributed to Darkcoin? He could easily pull the DRK branch and make "improvements" and if they really are that great, Evan would merge them into the master branch. Evan has been adding numerous people to the team so if the contributions were meaningful, I don't see why he wouldn't consider adding him...

You have a coin with essentially no volume and god knows what sort of distribution (didn't look into it) implementing masternodes and darksend--ok, so it would appear there will be very few owners of masternodes and anyone doing a ds tx on centralized nodes is asking for trouble. How is that worth while? Marketing wise, no one is going to use a coin named spread.

At this point, why try to compete? There needs to be massive consolidation in the space and any worthwhile devs should be joining teams with coins in the top 25 altcoin space. The no pools aspect sounds appealing but I haven't read much further on the subject. I just don't see the point, although I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone took the open source code and tried implementing it.
DavidR

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:05:23 PM

If Evan is such a good dev why didn't he just pull from bitcoin and make improvements.

And don't get me started on all those different kinds of linux out there now.  The nerve of those developers!

Sarcasm aside, Spreadcoin could probably be acquired by Darkcoin at some point if the Spreadcoin dev does do good work.  Good developers are worth their weight in gold.  If the SPR dev doesn't own any DRK, I don't blame him for trying to make his own coin that could net him millions instead of volunteering to work on a coin he doesn't own.
droptable

Activity: 363

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:07:06 PM

If Evan is such a good dev why didn't he just pull from bitcoin and make improvements.

he did.

and he called it
-x11
-dgw
-masternode
-darksend
-instantX

and he will continue to do so.

welcome to the dark side.

//since your changed your original post, let me add this:
"hääää? We need a medic in here. Someone´s brain just stopped."

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 05:17:31 PM

hi.please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.my dark coin to wallet     http://darkcoin-e.com/    and all my dark coin not send to any address dark coin.whyyy?Huh? after 1 months is Processing   and not complete yet. and i send email too cantact support and not Response .please help me.i lost  all my dark coin
what was your darkcoin wallet address there?

Wasn't that website outed as a scam?  I remember seeing something from tunfa...

can we add the warning to the first post of this tread (?)!
please.

Added, We should try to get it removed from Google:

https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:20:08 PM

If he's such a great dev, why hasn't he contributed to Darkcoin? He could easily pull the DRK branch and make "improvements" and if they really are that great, Evan would merge them into the master branch. Evan has been adding numerous people to the team so if the contributions were meaningful, I don't see why he wouldn't consider adding him...

You have a coin with essentially no volume and god knows what sort of distribution (didn't look into it) implementing masternodes and darksend--ok, so it would appear there will be very few owners of masternodes and anyone doing a ds tx on centralized nodes is asking for trouble. How is that worth while? Marketing wise, no one is going to use a coin named spread.

At this point, why try to compete? There needs to be massive consolidation in the space and any worthwhile devs should be joining teams with coins in the top 25 altcoin space. The no pools aspect sounds appealing but I haven't read much further on the subject. I just don't see the point, although I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone took the open source code and tried implementing it.

I've begun investing in Spreadcoin as the dev appears to be above average and I invest in devs first and foremost.

While I understand your perspective, there's nothing wrong with good developers setting off on their own and working to innovate.  One thing business executives tend to struggle with is letting good developers go.  I always counsel them to let them go in a very positive light and if they think highly enough of the developer, to even offer to invest in the startup.  

The top 25 altcoins are relatively expensive.  I suspect the top 10 altcoins five years from now will be there because of a combination of innovation and strategic acquisition of other altcoins.  I was very pleased to see Evan thinking this way with Shadowcash though how that was done was... rather amateur (no offense intended Evan, I think highly of you).  

Rather than thinking of these altcoins as competitors and creating bad blood, I would strongly suggest this community begin to look at them as potential acquisition targets or business allies.  The weak coins will die off on their own over time.  The strong ones?  Those are the ones you want to do business with in one way or another.
EsBitcoin.org

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:22:41 PM

1.- miningpoolhub      31.57%   
2.- suchpool      17.88%   
3.- coinminepl      13.14%   
4.- wafflepool      9.49%

https://drk.mn/blocks.html

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:23:27 PM

Marketing wise, no one is going to use a coin named spread.

Plenty of people have said and continue to say exactly the same thing about Darkcoin.

More devs working on the Darkcoin codebase, more users and supporters of the Masternode model = a good thing. It's not like Darkcoin's $20 million market cap has saturated the global market...

And Spreadcoin gets rid of the parasites. Miners actually secure the blockchain, instead of pooling together to do the opposite.

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:43:48 PM

I've begun investing in Spreadcoin as the dev appears to be above average and I invest in devs first and foremost.

While I understand your perspective, there's nothing wrong with good developers setting off on their own and working to innovate.  One thing business executives tend to struggle with is letting good developers go.  I always counsel them to let them go in a very positive light and if they think highly enough of the developer, to even offer to invest in the startup. 

The top 25 altcoins are relatively expensive.  I suspect the top 10 altcoins five years from now will be there because of a combination of innovation and strategic acquisition of other altcoins.  I was very pleased to see Evan thinking this way with Shadowcash though how that was done was... rather amateur (no offense intended Evan, I think highly of you). 

Rather than thinking of these altcoins as competitors and creating bad blood, I would strongly suggest this community begin to look at them as potential acquisition targets or business allies.  The weak coins will die off on their own over time.  The strong ones?  Those are the ones you want to do business with in one way or another.

Acquisitions have to come from capital. Everyone in crypto should agree that generating a super block of coins is out of question. With that said, there is hardly any money in the foundation, let alone dev fund to pay the devs anyway, how do you propose any sort of absorption.
Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:46:59 PM

What now ?! The price is suspiciously low!
I have a suspicion about what is going on, and I don't think it's anything fundamental to the coin. Rather, I think it is due to a couple of events that should dissipate selling pressure in a few weeks.

1) We had around 1100 masternodes just weeks ago, and that generated an expected return for MN owners with which the market was happy
2) Many of the largest holders of DRK were sitting on the sidelines. I don't know why... either because managing hundreds of MNs was too "dangerous" to juggle many wallet.dat files around, or because the return relative to the amount of work they had to do to set up all those MNs wasn't worth it.
3) The team added the "-wallet=" command line instruction and start-many, both of which make the task of setting up many MNs much easier.
4) In parallel, the reward share increased to 30% last month
5) For the reasons in #3 and #4, we've seen large holders / wallets start to set up literally hundreds of MNs ---> this drives down the expected return of owning a MN, which in turn probably caused a portion of MN operators to decide to exit or a number of aspiring MN operators to decide not to pursue buying coins any longer to set one up.
6) The combination of some MN owners wanting to exit, and some potential buyer deciding not to buy both increases supply on the exchanges and decreases demand (which obviously negatively impacts pricing)

However, I think this is temporary. Once the large holders deploy their MNs, and rewards keep increasing up to 60% as the months go on, I think you'll see a return to more normal supply and demand. I view this as a buying opportunity. I love entering when the trend is toward the exits... I get better prices that way! Smiley
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:48:05 PM

Marketing wise, no one is going to use a coin named spread.

Plenty of people have said and continue to say exactly the same thing about Darkcoin.

More devs working on the Darkcoin codebase, more users and supporters of the Masternode model = a good thing. It's not like Darkcoin's $20 million market cap has saturated the global market...

And Spreadcoin gets rid of the parasites. Miners actually secure the blockchain, instead of pooling together to do the opposite.

Very true, I don't see Darkcoin being mainstream adoption without some sort of rebranding. It's fine for underground markets, but mom and pop shops only see negative connotations from the word "Dark".

While DRK's marketcap is hardly anything to ride home about, it has already cemented itself as a firm leader in the privacy space. If other devs want to adopt the codebase and experiment with their own coins, great, but the likelihood that any new coin makes it into the top 20-25 is nil with how many shitcoins are out there. It just seems a waste of drive. If a dev is doing it for experimentation so features or improvements can be made to existing coins, then great.

We get the pool argument, you have been bitching about it for eternity.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:50:11 PM

What now ?! The price is suspiciously low!
I have a suspicion about what is going on, and I don't think it's anything fundamental to the coin. Rather, I think it is due to a couple of events that should dissipate selling pressure in a few weeks.

1) We had around 1100 masternodes just weeks ago, and that generated an expected return for MN owners with which the market was happy
2) Many of the largest holders of DRK were sitting on the sidelines. I don't know why... either because managing hundreds of MNs was too "dangerous" to juggle many wallet.dat files around, or because the return relative to the amount of work they had to do to set up all those MNs wasn't worth it.
3) The team added the "-wallet=" command line instruction and start-many, both of which make the task of setting up many MNs much easier.
4) In parallel, the reward share increased to 30% last month
5) For the reasons in #3 and #4, we've seen large holders / wallets start to set up literally hundreds of MNs ---> this drives down the expected return of owning a MN, which in turn probably caused a portion of MN operators to decide to exit or a number of aspiring MN operators to decide not to pursue buying coins any longer to set one up.
6) The combination of some MN owners wanting to exit, and some potential buyer deciding not to buy both increases supply on the exchanges and decreases demand (which obviously negatively impacts pricing)

However, I think this is temporary. Once the large holders deploy their MNs, and rewards keep increasing up to 60% as the months go on, I think you'll see a return to more normal supply and demand. I view this as a buying opportunity. I love entering when the trend is toward the exits... I get better prices that way! Smiley

You're not seeing huge dumps anymore. If anything, the price has been very stable and what most would consider boring. Any large blocks have been bought up and most likely put to work as masternodes (evident by the increase to 1450+).
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:51:58 PM

Acquisitions have to come from capital. Everyone in crypto should agree that generating a super block of coins is out of question.
Why?

Creating additional shares in a business is very common practice.  And if done properly and used in a beneficial manner, investors are ok with share dilution because they understand it will lead to greater value of their existing shares.

Now, if you were acquiring a coin, what you care most about is the developer(s).  As such, you would set very strict vesting intervals to ensure that the dev continued to work on the coin and reach set goals. 
EsBitcoin.org

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:56:59 PM

Total Masternodes: 1455 = 1.455.000 drk holding
F: https://drk.mn/masternodes.html
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 05:57:44 PM

hey guys, i've just started playing with a little Darkcoin side-project blog. Here's my article for the uptake of Darkcoin for online casinos/sports betting etc.

http://www.darkcoinhq.com/

i dont do terribly much web stuff, can someone recommend me a good Wordpress theme that's good for blog sites with the usual features like the FB/Twitter share buttons and also one that works on mobile devices quite well?

Tao you seem to do a lot with your websites/blog, any recommendations would be most appreciative.  thanks

I am actively looking for bloggers for my website! I promote the hell out of it on Twitter, and get many views per day! Let me know if you would like to become a regular contributor...I already have a couple!

www.rebelmouse.com/GetIntoTheDark/DarkBlogs

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 05:58:34 PM

Bitcoin Rush | Episode 31 with Tao Of Satoshi

www.rebelmouse.com/GetIntoTheDark/DarkcoinTV/

Cheers!

Bump

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 05:59:13 PM

Are you into the Dark, and speak a language other than English? Would you be good at translating official announcements?

Join DARKCOIN WORLDWIDE!

https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi/status/543489662560378880?s=09

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-worldwide.3214/

Serious Volunteers only!

Bump

SamWalters

Activity: 238

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 06:10:42 PM

thanks for the heads up

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
Pages: « 1 ... 3617 3618 3619 3620 3621 3622 3623 3624 3625 3626 3627 3628 3629 3630 3631 3632 3633 3634 3635 3636 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 3644 3645 3646 3647 3648 3649 3650 3651 3652 3653 3654 3655 3656 3657 3658 3659 3660 3661 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 [3667] 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 3676 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 3687 3688 3689 3690 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 3701 3702 3703 3704 3705 3706 3707 3708 3709 3710 3711 3712 3713 3714 3715 3716 3717 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: