Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:28:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 3667 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 3676 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 3687 3688 3689 3690 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 3701 3702 3703 3704 3705 3706 3707 3708 3709 3710 3711 [3712] 3713 3714 3715 3716 3717 3718 3719 3720 3721 3722 3723 3724 3725 3726 3727 3728 3729 3730 3731 3732 3733 3734 3735 3736 3737 3738 3739 3740 3741 3742 3743 3744 3745 3746 3747 3748 3749 3750 3751 3752 3753 3754 3755 3756 3757 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:58:33 PM

LOL!!!!

xxx have you recivered the coins?Huh??

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/Xp2Eu9LGarCHNrFpEyZurUcuZQyStLso9A

1 input has moved!

Yeah they are safe (I hope) now. I just sent 5DRKs to the foundation.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:59:34 PM

Xxx wallet has been moved!
1005 almost coin went on two directions
5 coins aent on http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/3G5JS6bqJiYdpVcFb3zBiwHAcpRXsNaros

can someone tell me since when darkcoin addres starts with 3?Huh Iwas convinced it is always X
Check this address inputs...strange....

Edit: just read your post now.
So where was your wallet??? Dump your privkey! And later you can drink Smiley
Happy end I think Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:02:15 PM

Xxx wallet has been moved!
1005 almost coin went on two directions
5 coins aent on http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/3G5JS6bqJiYdpVcFb3zBiwHAcpRXsNaros

can someone tell me since when darkcoin addres starts with 3?Huh Iwas convinced it is always X
Check this address inputs...strange....

That is a multisignature address and that is why it starts with 3. It needs two out of three signatures to send out funds. Foudnation addresses are multisig.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:13:08 PM

Thnx Minotaur. Didn't know about that! Smiley
I hope that people will learn something from this lesson.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:18:42 PM

Edit: just read your post now.
So where was your wallet??? Dump your privkey! And later you can drink Smiley
Happy end I think Smiley

C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume3\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\DarkCoin found the whole folder here.
Anyway I am taking now a lot more precautions than before, I learnt the lesson indeed.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:21:36 PM

just compress the whole folder and keep them safe in cold storage...  Grin

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:55:51 PM

I absolutely love Darkcoin and all the people that make up this community, but reading through all that's just happened to xxxgoodgirls and what stonehedge went through with the hack he suffered recently one would have to come to the conclusion that managing your locally stored Darkcoin is far from certain and assured. It's alarming to me that substantial amounts of value can be lost so easily and with such accompanying confusion that entraps even very experienced people.

Until the retention and securing of coins in wallets can be lifted up and out of this level of technical confusion and need for extreme (almost forensic) troubleshooting, Darkcoin is NOT going to be used by regular people. To read through pages and pages of someone battling to understand where their thousands of $ have gone and finally admitting defeat is terrible (so sorry for your loss xxx; l sure hope something gets resolved and you can retrieve your DRK somehow).

This really is an aspect of crypto that will prevent many people from getting involved (read: virtually everyone who is outside of these levels of technical ability which is 99.9%), We really need to spend a whole lot more time and effort on firming up wallet apps and infrastructure if Darkcoin is to be taken seriously as the potential to inexplicably lose all your DRK is very real.

I think you're being a bit pessimistic, but what I would like to see is automatic periodic backup to a second location of the wallet.dat, and a big popup on initial startup of a new wallet (or creation of a new address) encouraging the user to click a button to print out their privkey(s) - with "KEEP THESE PRIVATE AND SAFE!" at the top of the page and instructions on how to import them.

Yes, the concept is not so complex : you have to take care of Only ONE file protect by a complex password. (Mine have more than 25 char lenght).
After you have the dumpprivkey for anoher security feature.

For the hack and stole it's really another thing.
As i say : waiting for the 2FA, maybe enable a virtual keyboard (with randomnly placed key) that will not permit keyloger see you passphrass.
More complex, replace passphrase with biometirc like fingerprints.

Edit: well not sure good idea, if you loose your finger, then you loose you drk too... Lol bad luck

Yes I understand it's not so complex. I'm religiously backing up my wallet.dat, saving it in multiple locations and have it protected by a complex password. I guess my main concerns are that if someone not particularly technical is reading this thread and sees so much complexity when a competent user like xxxgoodgirls goes to move 1005 DRK, performs a basic test first by sending 1 DRK (which is successful) then follows through with the 1004 balance and it all turns to crap, it's hardly assuring. Six pages of intense interaction later and it's resolved (thank goodness; good work everyone) but people who aren't inclined to get that down and dirty into the guts of everything are just going to perceive it's techo-territory, very risky something will go terribly wrong and not a real product yet.

I agree the 2FA will make a huge difference and substantially mitigate the risk of having your coins stolen. And I think the virtual randomly-place-key keyboard would be a great feature too.

Is there a guide somewhere that explains what "dumpprivkey" actually does? It's mentioned here in this thread again and again but I've never seen any real explanation of what this achieves, why it's important and how it helps protect you. I'd really like to see more plain-English explanations of these various functions and how to maintain best practise with wallets re hot and cold storage, paper, etc.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:05:46 PM

Is there a guide somewhere that explains what "dumpprivkey" actually does? It's mentioned here in this thread again and again but I've never seen any real explanation of what this achieves, why it's important and how it helps protect you. I'd really like to see more plain-English explanations of these various functions and how to maintain best practise with wallets re hot and cold storage, paper, etc.

Help > Debug window > console:
'walletpassphrase <passphrase> 30'
'dumpprivkey <address>'  *note, you may have more than one address in your wallet that has coins in it, dumpprivkey for each address or move all coins into one address first*

- copy/print/keep safe the privkey, then, when disaster strikes:

'importprivkey <privkey>'

Simple. Smiley
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:16:13 PM

I absolutely love Darkcoin and all the people that make up this community, but reading through all that's just happened to xxxgoodgirls and what stonehedge went through with the hack he suffered recently one would have to come to the conclusion that managing your locally stored Darkcoin is far from certain and assured. It's alarming to me that substantial amounts of value can be lost so easily and with such accompanying confusion that entraps even very experienced people.

Until the retention and securing of coins in wallets can be lifted up and out of this level of technical confusion and need for extreme (almost forensic) troubleshooting, Darkcoin is NOT going to be used by regular people. To read through pages and pages of someone battling to understand where their thousands of $ have gone and finally admitting defeat is terrible (so sorry for your loss xxx; l sure hope something gets resolved and you can retrieve your DRK somehow).

This really is an aspect of crypto that will prevent many people from getting involved (read: virtually everyone who is outside of these levels of technical ability which is 99.9%), We really need to spend a whole lot more time and effort on firming up wallet apps and infrastructure if Darkcoin is to be taken seriously as the potential to inexplicably lose all your DRK is very real.

I think you're being a bit pessimistic, but what I would like to see is automatic periodic backup to a second location of the wallet.dat, and a big popup on initial startup of a new wallet (or creation of a new address) encouraging the user to click a button to print out their privkey(s) - with "KEEP THESE PRIVATE AND SAFE!" at the top of the page and instructions on how to import them.

Yes, the concept is not so complex : you have to take care of Only ONE file protect by a complex password. (Mine have more than 25 char lenght).

As i say : waiting for the 2FA, maybe enable a virtual keyboard (with randomnly placed key) that will not permit keyloger see you passphrass.

Edit: well not sure good idea, if you loose your finger, then you loose you drk too... Lol bad luck

Yes I understand it's not so complex. I'm religiously backing up my wallet.dat, saving it in multiple locations and have it protected by a complex password. I guess my main concerns are that if someone not particularly technical is reading this thread and sees so much complexity when a competent user like xxxgoodgirls goes to move 1005 DRK, performs a basic test first by sending 1 DRK (which is successful) then follows through with the 1004 balance and it all turns to crap, it's hardly assuring. Six pages of intense interaction later and it's resolved (thank goodness; good work everyone) but people who aren't inclined to get that down and dirty into the guts of everything are just going to perceive it's techo-territory, very risky something will go terribly wrong and not a real product yet.

Remember the issue had nothing to do with the tech itself but it was a figment of the human error (I ignored the sandbox popup alert). Good the notification flashed to my mind, otherwise it would have lasted several pages more till the loss acceptance . Cheesy
Anyway hacking, phishing and all of those activies which involve stealing on the internet are also threats to fiat currencies as well.
Do not panic, we are still in the early phase, bitcoin and its brothers are still nerd money.
With adoption, you'll see everything becoming more and more user friendly.

ps I alway blame Windows, moving my coins to fedora asap!

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:34:33 PM

'dumpprivkey <address>'  *note, you may have more than one address in your wallet that has coins in it, dumpprivkey for each address or move all coins into one address first*

Simple. Smiley

Sorry lonecrouton but that is the sort of answer I'd expect from some arrogant young punk on a support line somewhere. Perhaps you're being sarcastic?

I'm waving the "hey guys if we want to see wider adoption this thing has to be lifted up out of technobabble speak" flag and your "simple" response is just more technobabble.

I'll ask again. Is there a plain-English guide to some of these commands that explains what they achieve and what the best practise is to ensure you're not going to lose your coins?

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
YourMother
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 09:38:53 PM

Simple. Smiley

It's actually too simple Smiley

I will forward your message to my grandma because she's excited on using cryptocurrencies for her online shopping. "Grandma, use DUMPPRIVKEY before sending the funds" "Also, make sure that your Antivirus will not sandbox shit randomly."

The absolute worst people in history, ranked by the wisdom of the crowd: "Vlad the Impaler", "Mihnea the Evil", "Ivan the Terrible" and "Evan the Instaminer".
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:40:41 PM

I agree the 2FA will make a huge difference and substantially mitigate the risk of having your coins stolen. And I think the virtual randomly-place-key keyboard would be a great feature too.

I ear you, and sure that someone like my mother in law will never put it hand on this...
Maybe we need to have a site wallet ( maybe like coinbase), i already ear everybody screaming out the centralized thing about this. But we have to think that some people don't want to mess up with all this "tecnicals details" maybe a site ran by foundation approved or something... WebWallet no block chain to download no need to backup walet.dat etc... Only for one part of the user. If this can attract new user why not no?

I also ear about gox... That's why it should be run by foundation and/or approved by it!
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:13:44 PM

No, --zapwallettxes would delete any unconfirmed payments.  -rescan or -reindex (not sure if they're different) would redownload the blockchain.

I was thinking that it shouldn't be too difficult, code-wise, to create 2-3 buttons or options in the qt client that would restart the wallet with such options.

It would be extremely useful to prevent "scares" for users who do not know how to recover, reindex or delete/reset a broadcast and who come here for help.

It would be much easier, support-wise, to simply tell a user "click on the reindex button", or "click on delete unconfirmed payments" (which would automatically restart the client in this mode).

CMD-line is so 80's and 90's....
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:31:51 PM

No, --zapwallettxes would delete any unconfirmed payments.  -rescan or -reindex (not sure if they're different) would redownload the blockchain.

I was thinking that it shouldn't be too difficult, code-wise, to create 2-3 buttons or options in the qt client that would restart the wallet with such options.

It would be extremely useful to prevent "scares" for users who do not know how to recover, reindex or delete/reset a broadcast and who come here for help.

It would be much easier, support-wise, to simply tell a user "click on the reindex button", or "click on delete unconfirmed payments" (which would automatically restart the client in this mode).

CMD-line is so 80's and 90's....

i agree, would be very helpfull and make the wallet far more user friendly

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:04:25 PM

diamonds as an asset backed reserve for DRK

Could you (or anyone who understands it) explain what that means for someone who's not familiar with those financial terms.  Huh  Smiley
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:21:22 PM

Simple. Smiley

Sorry lonecrouton but that is the sort of answer I'd expect from some arrogant young punk on a support line somewhere. Perhaps you're being sarcastic?

I'm waving the "hey guys if we want to see wider adoption this thing has to be lifted up out of technobabble speak" flag and your "simple" response is just more technobabble.

I'll ask again. Is there a plain-English guide to some of these commands that explains what they achieve and what the best practise is to ensure you're not going to lose your coins?

What more do you want? What part exactly are you confused about? Since you are here on the internet posting in a cryptocurrency thread I didn't think 'Help > Debug window > console' followed by a few simple words to type into the text entry box would be quite such a baffling and insurmountable  intellectual challenge for you.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:26:13 PM

Could you (or anyone who understands it) explain what that means for someone who's not familiar with those financial terms.  Huh  Smiley

Means there would be some exchange rate for x DRK for x carats in diamonds (although then you are going into the four C's). Asset backing helps hold value. Terms obviously are unknown but I doubt we'll see any sort of backing personally.
turk-fx

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:01:08 AM

So i have an issue. My masternode hasnt been paid for 8 days. So I will move my funds to a new address. Does it have to be created by "getoccountaddress 0" or Can I use the first address that is created in the wallet? And once I move the funds to a new address, all I have to do is masternode start command?

DARK Coin - Next innovation in Cypto world
My darkcoin address -> XtvnzfFJ7U7S8PHsEnTGAVKreTPmJWZoMv
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:04:42 AM

Means there would be some exchange rate for x DRK for x carats in diamonds (although then you are going into the four C's). Asset backing helps hold value. Terms obviously are unknown but I doubt we'll see any sort of backing personally.

Hmm... I would think that diamonds, being unique / non-uniform / subjective in their valuation, are not a very suitable for backing assets of financial instruments. Precious metals on the other hand are much better suited for this job. They are divisible and fungible.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:07:29 AM

So i have an issue. My masternode hasnt been paid for 8 days. So I will move my funds to a new address. Does it have to be created by "getoccountaddress 0" or Can I use the first address that is created in the wallet? And once I move the funds to a new address, all I have to do is masternode start command?

The address must be the 0 address or it won't work as far as I know.

Pages: « 1 ... 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 3667 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 3676 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 3687 3688 3689 3690 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 3701 3702 3703 3704 3705 3706 3707 3708 3709 3710 3711 [3712] 3713 3714 3715 3716 3717 3718 3719 3720 3721 3722 3723 3724 3725 3726 3727 3728 3729 3730 3731 3732 3733 3734 3735 3736 3737 3738 3739 3740 3741 3742 3743 3744 3745 3746 3747 3748 3749 3750 3751 3752 3753 3754 3755 3756 3757 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: