Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:07:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3626 3627 3628 3629 3630 3631 3632 3633 3634 3635 3636 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 3644 3645 3646 3647 3648 3649 3650 3651 3652 3653 3654 3655 3656 3657 3658 3659 3660 3661 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 3667 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 [3676] 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 3687 3688 3689 3690 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 3701 3702 3703 3704 3705 3706 3707 3708 3709 3710 3711 3712 3713 3714 3715 3716 3717 3718 3719 3720 3721 3722 3723 3724 3725 3726 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:21:42 PM

darkcoin finally getting real code review. 

Tens of bugs and vulnerabilities have been found in prior reviews. It will take some more time (and more eyes) to make it bulletproof.

Personally I think the whole Masternode payment system should be replaced by another cleaner system that works at the protocol level. No enforcement or centralization would be necessary, while eliminating forking risk.

Perhaps the spreadcoin dev might want to have a go at such a system.

Cleaner?? protocol level? What centralisation?  Whats clean about thousands of clients going on and off every second while trying to maintain rounds of anonymity? That would juts cause mayhem. What is unclean about blind nodes with 100% uptime? And what about PoService?

I dont get it.

I don't remember when you got on board, but prior to the semi-voluntary scheme of payments with enforcement threat, there was a direction of mandatory payments (100%) with no enforcement needed whatsoever. Unfortunately it caused forks in the production environment so then we got to a situation where some people were calling for no hard forks, others were in favor to get the job done - even if it includes a few more problematic forks as a byproduct etc etc. Then we got the spork and the rest is history.

It hasn't been forgone. Evan and Patrick were talking about ways to utilize the blockchain in terms of deciding where payment goes. The reference nodes are the intermediary step until the best course of action is decided to have consensus without forks. It certainly isn't off the table.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
semajjames

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:43:43 PM

Don't forget to thank Mr. Spread for discovering the bug! Smiley

Thank you Mr. Spread for discovering the bug! Fixed.  Grin

+++1

thank's Mr Spread good to have you around
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:58:56 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 01:07:15 AM by GhostPlayer

Tens of bugs and vulnerabilities have been found in prior reviews. It will take some more time (and more eyes) to make it bulletproof.

Personally I think the whole Masternode payment system should be replaced by another cleaner system that works at the protocol level. No enforcement or centralization would be necessary, while eliminating forking risk.

Cleaner?? protocol level? What centralisation?  Whats clean about thousands of clients going on and off every second while trying to maintain rounds of anonymity? That would juts cause mayhem. What is unclean about blind nodes with 100% uptime? And what about PoService?

I dont get it.

I don't remember when you got on board, but prior to the semi-voluntary scheme of payments with enforcement threat, there was a direction of mandatory payments (100%) with no enforcement needed whatsoever. Unfortunately it caused forks in the production environment so then we got to a situation where some people were calling for no hard forks, others were in favor to get the job done - even if it includes a few more problematic forks as a byproduct etc etc. Then we got the spork and the rest is history.

There was NEVER a semi-voluntary scheme of payment. There was, on the other hand, a friendly suggestion to update clients to follow the development roadmap.

See, you've got your facts wrong. RC2, RC3 and RC5 and RC5 were all hard forks, which went wrong due lack of network reconciliation. Twice reconciliation was well underway, but Evan decided (quite responsibly) to pull the plug for the sake of taking a step back and making the code more resilient. Then the spork was invented, and yes, the rest was history. With every "blow", DRK gained exponential development. Necessity is the mother of invention.

And then we found evidence of foul play by some pools (which shall not be named). Pools are centralised, not MN's.

Decentralisation increases with each new MN going online.
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:59:44 PM

What's with all these "Spread" accounts now? Even Mr. Spread sounds belligerent. Not a good way to make a first impression gentlemen.

Agreed, in the politest way possible, GTFO...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
raico

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:20:04 AM

Hi spreadnodes, i don't know what's your people do when someone find out some bugs. There is no need to sarcasm here. In fact, it's encouraged to do so in the Darkcoin Community and It's what OpenSource meaning: A better Darkcoin Project.

The bugs, no matter how critical as Aswan had posted in the DCT that occurred in the protocol level or just some variables setting, they are not mean Darkcoin Project is worse than any other crypto currency. It is just the opposite that the Darkcoin Project is more and more close to perfect, and ready for actual use.

So, i'm appreciate the people that provide the bugs to our great Dev-team to fix. The community appreciate the people who contribute their private  time to the Darkcoin Project.

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:25:39 AM

"Spread" that's an interesting name for a coin... at least the future holders are warned.  Grin
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:29:39 AM

Public Service Announcement
---------------------------------

Until thepiratebay comes back to life, this site looks adequate:

https://oldpiratebay.org/

Code:
P.S. We are NOT asking for any kind of donation! Please, don’t send your money 
to any people pretending they are from Isohunt! These are pure scammers that want
to get easy bucks from you!
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:35:26 AM

"Spread" that's an interesting name for a coin... at least the future holders are warned.  Grin
Come on Wink
Good that the ppl look at the code and find the inperfections but there is no need to act like a peacock, anyway take your time for a pump.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:38:37 AM

As a large investor in both Spreadcoin and Darkcoin, please stop.  You're not helping anyone or anything.

Thank you.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:39:50 AM

Hi spreadnodes, i don't know what's your people do when someone find out some bugs. There is no need to sarcasm here. In fact, it's encouraged to do so in the Darkcoin Community and It's what OpenSource meaning: A better Darkcoin Project.

The bugs, no matter how critical as Aswan had posted in the DCT that occurred in the protocol level or just some variables setting, they are not mean Darkcoin Project is worse than any other crypto currency. It is just the opposite that the Darkcoin Project is more and more close to perfect, and ready for actual use.

So, i'm appreciate the people that provide the bugs to our great Dev-team to fix. The community appreciate the people who contribute their private  time to the Darkcoin Project.

spreadnodes is either just a daft kiddie or a deliberate provocateur, either way he (or she) shouldn't be taken seriously.

More devs, more users, more supporters of the Darkcoin code and economic model is only going to benefit Darkcoin.  Smiley
MyFarm

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:43:57 AM

What's with all these "Spread" accounts now? Even Mr. Spread sounds belligerent. Not a good way to make a first impression gentlemen.

The Spreadnode account is uncalled for.  But my suggestion would be to be cordial with Mr. Spread.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:53:31 AM

As a large investor in both Spreadcoin and Darkcoin, please stop.  You're not helping anyone or anything.

Thank you.
Thnx MyFarm at least you understad it.
Indeed we are cordial to spread dev.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
raico

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:38:04 AM

spreadnodes is either just a daft kiddie or a deliberate provocateur, either way he (or she) shouldn't be taken seriously.

More devs, more users, more supporters of the Darkcoin code and economic model is only going to benefit Darkcoin.  Smiley

You are right, man~

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~
nomad13666
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:10:54 AM

Cleaner?? protocol level? What centralisation?  Whats clean about thousands of clients going on and off every second while trying to maintain rounds of anonymity? That would juts cause mayhem. What is unclean about blind nodes with 100% uptime? And what about PoService?

I dont get it.

It hasn't been forgone. Evan and Patrick were talking about ways to utilize the blockchain in terms of deciding where payment goes. The reference nodes are the intermediary step until the best course of action is decided to have consensus without forks. It certainly isn't off the table.

Supercoin dev has recently released Supercoin's code as open source...

http://github.com/supercoinproject/supercoin-p2p

Maybe Darkcoin devs can implement Supercoin's trust-less, multi-signature, anonymous technology into Darksend?

I'm not a coder, so I have no idea if this is possible, but theoretically it kinda makes sense to me, so I thought I'd throw it out there...

SuperSend works great btw...(SuperSend = no nodes)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:14:30 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 03:25:02 AM by Minotaur26

It looks like everyone wants their 15min of fame.  

jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:34:57 AM

I dont get it.

Maybe Darkcoin devs can implement Supercoin's trust-less, multi-signature, anonymous technology into Darksend?

I'm not a coder, so I have no idea if this is possible, but theoretically it kinda makes sense to me, so I thought I'd throw it out there...

"Supercoin is a new X11 crypto coin, it has many new, original or advanced features." OR?Huh I read enough haha.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:44:42 AM

It looks like everyone wants their 15min of fame.  

Yeah. This really starting to get silly.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:45:34 AM

I dont get it.

"Supercoin is a new X11 crypto coin, it has many new, original or advanced features." OR?Huh I read enough haha.

Super WHAT !
i think you are in the wrong Thread !!
 Cool
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:58:09 AM

Bitcoinist News Bits 15th Dec.
DRK 3 min 10 sec ....>
 Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC854riaGH45TVlxptI18v4w

Bump .....Dinner and some news ? ....>
turk-fx

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:47:02 AM

Always looking for individuals to start the next MN

If you're Interested, please send e-mail to

escrow@darkcoin.io

When sending e-mail, ask any questions

The website is not finalized just yet but you can visit: www.unitedmasternode.com

Working in 100DRK shares
and 1DRK to get started per 100DRK for Escrow and Server fee(s)

Looking forward to hearing from you
Mangled Blue

It is good to offer tgis service, but fees seems to be high. If you take 1drk for 100drk , the owner of that 100drk only be making .7 dark a month average. Which seens to be too low until masternodes payment reach to 60%.

Making statements like this without knowing what is actually happening is irresponsible to say the least.
Maybe some of my current clients will chime in.
And they can let you know how I am ripping people off with high fee's.

I hardly think that $1.10 to $2.00 in escrow fee a month is a high fee
and
Flare's fee of approx $0.90 per 100DRK for the server is high

Well, i just got 2MN setup with flare which cost around 7.5DRK. So it is 3.75 drk ech. And if you add 1drk for 100drk , it comes up to close 14drk a month for whole 1000drk block. Considering .57drk average payment, 1000drk will return 17drk a month and eachso each 100 share will get back .7drk - I am not calling anything or saying that your are a bad person. But at that point, it is not appealing to be a art of masternode. I am entitled to have my opinion and I know what is actually hapenning.

DARK Coin - Next innovation in Cypto world
My darkcoin address -> XtvnzfFJ7U7S8PHsEnTGAVKreTPmJWZoMv
Pages: « 1 ... 3626 3627 3628 3629 3630 3631 3632 3633 3634 3635 3636 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 3644 3645 3646 3647 3648 3649 3650 3651 3652 3653 3654 3655 3656 3657 3658 3659 3660 3661 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 3667 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 [3676] 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 3687 3688 3689 3690 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 3701 3702 3703 3704 3705 3706 3707 3708 3709 3710 3711 3712 3713 3714 3715 3716 3717 3718 3719 3720 3721 3722 3723 3724 3725 3726 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: