Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:41:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIGHTNINGASIC LA100M,100MHS SCRYPT Miner, USD1999; LA1THS, USD1750.shipped out!  (Read 309013 times)
asiabtc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1000

Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 09:56:56 AM

chinese pool. some page is English ui.

www.lightningasic.com. ASIC GPU矿机,ATM, 硬件钱包,挖矿。ALTCOIN,BTC,LTC,Dogecoin research, Producing BTC LTC Dogecoin Mining Machine, Exchange market policy study.Skype:  altcoin Twitter: @realSatoshi_ii Co-Founder of LIGHTNINGASIC 关注微博: @比特币矿机 TWITTER: @realSatoshi_ii, 获得最新资讯。

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maxzilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:03:37 AM

Marijuana in your bookmarks Wink ? you would feel at home here in Amsterdam Smiley
asiabtc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 11:30:15 PM

Marijuana in your bookmarks Wink ? you would feel at home here in Amsterdam Smiley
HAHA.
i am planning visit there.

www.lightningasic.com. ASIC GPU矿机,ATM, 硬件钱包,挖矿。ALTCOIN,BTC,LTC,Dogecoin research, Producing BTC LTC Dogecoin Mining Machine, Exchange market policy study.Skype:  altcoin Twitter: @realSatoshi_ii Co-Founder of LIGHTNINGASIC 关注微博: @比特币矿机 TWITTER: @realSatoshi_ii, 获得最新资讯。
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:04:54 AM

Is this still available, cant find it from your website / lightningasic.com ?

LA1THS, 1000W
1000GHS,
18KG.
rack case.
USD2450, <including all accessories + DHL express shipping>
asiabtc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:26:42 AM

LA1THS, 1000W
1000GHS,
18KG.
rack case.

yes. its available.
you can place order here or my website.

Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:38:49 AM

LA1THS, 1000W
1000GHS,
18KG.
rack case.

yes. its available.

Well, not on the website, as pointed out, it's not available there...
lightningasic

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:58:17 AM

NEW PRICES :
90 MH  = 10000 USD + 300 USD DHL shipping
75 MH = 8500 USD + 300 USD DHL Shipping

www.Lightningasic.com  - SCRYPT ASIC Store
Contact me on skype : tech.andy Andy LA [We dont give BTC address over SKYPE!]
asiabtc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 09:01:57 AM

LA1THS, 1000W
1000GHS,
18KG.
rack case.

yes. its available.

Well, not on the website, as pointed out, it's not available there...
just renew the website.
pls check again.

Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:04:45 AM

LA1THS, 1000W
1000GHS,
18KG.
rack case.
USD2450,

Can I do solomining easily with this one?

I'd like to solo some sha256 alts
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:05:17 AM

LA1THS, 1000W
1000GHS,
18KG.
rack case.
USD2450,

yes, of course you can
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:06:51 AM

LA1THS, 1000W
1000GHS,
18KG.
rack case.
USD2450,

yes, of course you can

Is setup easy?

Any link with info regarding my question?
maardein

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:07:40 AM

HAHA.
i am planning visit there.

If you need an Amsterdam/Dutch tour, I can show you around. You only need to bring me a LA90M in return Wink

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:28:15 PM

LA1THS, 1000W
1000GHS,
18KG.
rack case.
USD2450,

yes, of course you can

Is setup easy?

Any link with info regarding my question?

I just received my LA1THs, 6 days after ordering from LA (which was exactly as promised).  Surprisingly there seem to be very few reviews of this excellent miner, so I am going to do a fulsome review.

I will post some pictures and videos in a new review thread when I can get back to the data center -- which might not be for a week, so I will give the review details here ... performance specs, and anything else I discover here and add in pictures videos next week (or earlier if I can) in new review thread.

Ordering and Support (9.5/10):  This is my third purchase from LA.  All of my orders have been handled professionally, confirmed by e-mail and/or skype, and shipped on time or within a few days of promised date.  That is really more than I can say about ANY other manufacturer other than perhaps Bitmain who I am also pretty loyal to.  I would recommend that anyone spending a lot of money with LA get a firm delivery date from Jack/asiabtc.  There is a difference between the target delivery date and a "drop dead I will refund your BTC" delivery date.  Most manufacturers won't even give you the latter, but LA will if you ask nicely.  On top of that, asiabtc posts here frequently, and has provided after-sales tech support in two timezones via skype.  Jack is almost ALWAYS online; I think he must never sleep.  Via skype, support is excellent (they use an online support tool to access your network/computer as needed, with your permission of course).  I have had problems in the past with e-mails and PMs going unanswered for several days, but with 3 different Skype accounts dedicated to support, LA's support team KILLS the competition and I just rely on Skype (don't do PMs or e-mail for support anymore) with LA.  Support could be slightly improved if there was a working problem report/submission mechanism on the LA website, so I decreased rating to 9.5 which is still far better than any other manufacturer. 

Price and Value (5/10): Paid $2,899 including express shipping.  This is more than the price of a Bitmain S2 Batch 4 ($2,599), and more than the 1.4 Th/s Spondoolie SP10 (May delivery 2 pack price).  And considering that Bitmain is handing out $400 coupons to past purchases (bringing price down to $2,199), the LA1THS is probably overpriced as are all current gen miners.  I don't care because I am mining for the future, not a quick profit.  Plus my hassles with the S2 (documented over on Bitmain S2 thread) and lack of shipping-capable case design of the S2, and the more power efficient A1 chips used in the LA1THS, leads me to favor the LA1THs for the long term.  In any case, at current BTC price and difficulty, breaking even is iffy whether you get an S2 or LA1THS.  I believe prices for (all) miners need to drop.  So 5/10 just on value issues to LA because they are more expensive compared to Bitmain, and neither is a bargain.  You are definitely not going to get rich on mining no matter what you buy from currently shipping 1 Th/s systems.  But you will enjoy the LA1Ths more vs the S2.  If the LA1THs were to drop to 2100, it would be hard to ignore and likely profitable.  Hint hint.  In any event, as compared with currently shipping 1 Th/s units (excluding soon to be shipping Spondoolie SP10, and assuming you don't have a $400 coupon with Bitmain), the LA1THS is the best value IMHO.

Packaging and Shipping (10/10):  Shipped via DHL express.  Boxed in a very thick (quad wall?) cardboard box, with a foam stabilizer on either end.  No other packing materials.  I noticed some shipping damage to the box - it was clearly mistreated by DHL (as usual, I think DHL is the worst for careful treatment but best for on time delivery).  But the good news is that the box was strong enough to protect the miner, and the miner is built like a tank so there was no damage at all that I can see, inside or out.  I have received 2 ant s2's previously (batch 1) that, although nearly identical in the case size and weight, suffered extreme internal damage (boards flying all over the inside, warped bus, broken connectors, etc.) and the ant s2's had no obvious shipping mistreatment/damage.  So kudos to LA for building a miner that can actually survive shipping.  This is not an easy task, fyi.  Bitmain is an excellent company and they blew it badly with the S2.  The heatsinks on all of these are very heavy, and when the box is shaken or jerked or held at an angle, the forces of gravity alone exert tremendous force on the system board/bus, bolts, and supporting mechanisms.  Try putting a 4lbs weight on the end of a 4" stick and see how long you can hold it!!  Not long I expect.  I will be taking a bunch of pictures of the internals so you can see LA's "secret" but most of it is simple care and QA in the assembly: lots of screws (of proper size to hold), better layout (vs s2) and clearly a lot of care in assembly that has been lacking in most 1 th/s miners of late.

Instructions, Manuals, etc. (3/10):  This has been my real complaint with LA.  You kind of have to figure everything out yourself, or else use their support (skype) to get yourself setup.  The LA1THs includes no instructions or manual or anything at all other than the miner itself.  Thankfully, LA did include a sticky on the front of the miner showing the static IP address the unit was set to, but that is it.  As far as I can tell, there are no manuals or configuration info on LA's website or elsewhere online either (I searched the forum and found nothing also).  This is too bad, as a good README would probably be all that is required as configuration is very easy.  Or LA could give a miner to Dogie and have him do one of his excellent setup guides (as exists for almost every other miner).

Miner case design (8/10).  The LA1THs is packaged in a 4U (half depth) case and includes power supply.  It is ready to go.  There are three strange things that I would like to get some explanation from LA on.  (1) The place where the LCD should go is just an empty cutout.  Should there be an LCD?  If so maybe mine was just shipping without one.  Otherwise they should at least cover the cutout.  (2) There are 2 USB ports on the front panel.  What are these for??  I would love to know.  Are they rPi USB ports?  Can they be used?  (3) While the case seems to be exactly the same 4U case that Bitmain uses for the S2 (including the cutout for the LCD in the same place and same size), it was about 3mm too wide to slide into my rack.  I had to angle the unit to get it on a shelf, and then had to push it down as it really barely fit on the shelf.  The S2 slid in perfectly, so clearly there is some small difference in measurement and while it will work as a 4U I think the LA1THs might be slightly out of spec for racking.

Miner Setup and Configuration (TBD): Out of the box, I plugged in the network cable, power, and booted it up.  As expected, I easily accessed the miner's web config at the static IP address supplied by LA on the front sticker 192.168.1.xx.  No password was required.  As **not** expected the initial setup page is in Chinese though luckily Chrome offered to translate the page for me!!  The setup page allows you to change IP address (appears to be static only, which is disappointing), DNS, net mask, and gateway address.  The same configuration page also allows you to setup 3 pools.  There does not, however, appear to be any way to set pool priorities or load balancing and/or use anything other than failover for the pools (it appears to be setup as a failover chain, not load balancing which I would have preferred). There is an initial difficulty setting and a start and stop button.  That is it.  Simple and should be easy though very lacking in options.  Also it would be nice to have a system and cgminer (?) log screen so that problems could be debugged ... I would much prefer to just configure using SSH and I will try that as soon as I have time and update review accordingly.  I attempted to access via SSH but could not figure out the password.  It is possible LA will not give out a root password (this is what they did with the gridseeds to protect their proprietary modifications).  I have not yet asked, but root access and SSH is a must have for me so if that is a no-go, my rating on configuration will go way down as I am very unhappy with any manufacturer who will not give me root access to my own device but in any case I don't know if this is an issue yet.  For now, I need more time before rating.

My miners have not started hashing.  Apparently, LA told me that using "x" for the miner passwords as I usually do is a problem so when I return to the data center I am changing to "123" passwords and will have to update this with performance details. 

Performance (TBD): The A1 based LA1THS is theoretically pretty efficient and should be capable of being overclocked to 1.2 or 1.3 Th/s (I have not yet tried so note the word theorically!!).   The S2 on the other hand does not overclock much and (unlike the Ant S1s) cannot be overclocked without a new power plant and better cooling solutions, as the older 55nm chips used by Bitmain are on there last bit of life at the current difficulty levels, whereas the 28nm A1 should be usable for at least another 6-12 months.  Will be interesting to see what I can do with this.

As I won't be able to spend a lot of time until next week, any specific questions or requests for info when I do complete my testing and setup please PM me.  I don't follow this thread all the time, so PM questions is best.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
DonDev

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:40:50 PM

NEW PRICES :

Price is too high if someone orders at that price he/she must be insane as I calculated on coinwarz.com both these products will take minimum 3 months to break even let alone profit at current difficulty and everyone knows difficulty will double this summer. That means it will take 5 months with this miner mining constantly at full hash rate just to make the money back it costs to buy. Thats a waste of time and money both. Either come up with a 150mhs unit for less than 7000 usd or Im not sure how a miner will profit with these?
Blaater

Activity: 462
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:55:46 PM

NEW PRICES :

Price is too high if someone orders at that price he/she must be insane as I calculated on coinwarz.com both these products will take minimum 3 months to break even let alone profit at current difficulty and everyone knows difficulty will double this summer. That means it will take 5 months with this miner mining constantly at full hash rate just to make the money back it costs to buy. Thats a waste of time and money both. Either come up with a 150mhs unit for less than 7000 usd or Im not sure how a miner will profit with these?

Wait... are you expecting that you can get guaranteed magical moneyfarms? All mining involves risks and time.
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:01:44 PM

NEW PRICES :

Wait... are you expecting that you can get guaranteed magical moneyfarms? All mining involves risks and time.

Indeed 10.000 usd is a nice price for 90MH

asiabtc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:16:57 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 10:45:17 PM by asiabtc

today, we release L-Blade. 30MHS, 260W. usd3500, include RPI,  world wide expresing. need clients to buy one 350+ ATX PSU.
here is the Video.
http://youtu.be/gIlxRNOMFrQ

pictures:

chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:38:43 PM

today, we release L-Blade. 30MHS, 260W. usd3500, include RPI,  world wide expresing. need clients to buy one 350+ ATX PSU.
here is the Video.

pictures:

Hey Jack if purchased tomorrow, how fast can you ship them?

DonDev

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:45:24 PM

Dont gamble your hard earned money on these expensive over priced miners see this spec sheet you will never ROI with these at this rate

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1msn9gC7wgBYdiyOLZLhQifOSKpt3ukdnuTy14m-F-s8/edit#gid=1966313813
lightningasic

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 11:21:29 PM

here is the Video.

pictures:

Hey Jack if purchased tomorrow, how fast can you ship them?

shipping is done in 3 days after we receive your payment

www.Lightningasic.com  - SCRYPT ASIC Store
Contact me on skype : tech.andy Andy LA [We dont give BTC address over SKYPE!]
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: