Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:59:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CHC] Chaincoin - Network Upgrade 16.3 - SegWit Activated  (Read 321490 times)
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:39:28 PM

somehow it started to go up fast now...  (probably temporary because bitcoin is flying ?)

i made few bitcoins with this coin. but still running some masternodes just in case it can make nice income, and to help chaincoin network
i think chaincoin is not random 'shit'coin.
it launched almost the same time as xCoin (DASH). and not like copy cat coins which came only after DASH success...
chaincoin didn't have premine or instamine. had fair mining with even CPU for years
i'm not here to shill i already made nice profit with almost 0 investment. profit only for being a nice linux geek and compiling the wallet and a gpu miner. and mining few days with old GPU, many years ago

love chaincoin
Jaerin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:56:39 PM

There is a new release https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/releases that was published 4 days ago and there are 7 commits since the last release. In my book that is called active development. Anyone who wants to see it can click on the link and see for himself. And potential of this coin is HUGE. With over 2000 people on slack (transfer coin that is currently 0.31$ has 374 people on slack ATM) plus 2000+ people on HODL discord plus 2000 masternodes. Currenty coin is at least 50%-75% undervalued because of panic sellers and FUD. Website was hacked yesterday. Opportunity is so big that people are willing to hack someones website just to be able to scare people and buy at a discount. Bright future awaits this coin and $10+ price as soon as it hits a major marketplace.  

You realize the press release costs $250 and anyone can release anything they want.   The developers are looking at coming back now that there is some money to be made in the short term no doubt, but if you looked at the volume in the last few days it sure looks a lot like someone selling coins to themselves over and over again to pump the volume up.  Didn't look like normal trading to me.  Looked like mostly sellers dumping their coins and someone else just dumping and buying their coins back over and over again.  Volume is an easy thing to fake and not even that expensive when the fees are only .2%.  So 500 BTC volume costs 2 BTC a day to maintain per day or so. 
amishpancake

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:11:58 PM

plus 2000 masternodes.

If you watch the number of masternodes on https://chc.masternodes.pro than you should know that it shows incorrect data. For example, this masternode is listed there as active:

MasterNode: CUg8U3K6W52X5bQJGuuDJvwEGJPKWnTz4J
Addr: CUg8U3K6W52X5bQJGuuDJvwEGJPKWnTz4J
City: Nuremberg
Region: Bavaria

but according to the block explorer http://104.238.153.140:3001/address/CUg8U3K6W52X5bQJGuuDJvwEGJPKWnTz4J it has zero balance since 15th Jul 2017. Same for CNuT7KLuEbsbWBNRRWvwe3XQmiZV1keY2P (Stuttgart, Germany), CMkGKNfJLhvR9Jo6VXiQMHL6nYCEYiXdgi (Frankfurt am Main,  Germany), CRH1MByjidwGWXRx2v3hqKc7LF7AMvphB8 (Frankfurt am Main, Germany), CJ9Dp9HuPwtKACEyWXiFzxTKejyMfq8J1y (Frankfurt am Main,  Germany), CQQtdEKBTYER5WGeY2gWYJziDUvopRWRpZ (Hamburg,  Germany).

I checked just a few nodes, only in Germany, and about 30% of my checks showed that these nodes are not active anymore (zero balance). Another strange thing it that this site says there are 12%, i.e. ~240 nodes in Germany, but on the map I could find only ~15 nodes in Germany.

For me it took a couple of days before me address showed up, it could be the same way if you close the account. But all in all I think the MN is above 2000 now because alot of people have startet MN the last day.

Also, the map is worth nothing. My MNs is in Germany, but that is because I use a VPS, but I don't think they show up on the map.
mixterz

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:52:53 PM

hi,
had the masternode setup correctly with max's tutorial for vps via putty.
returns successfully started etc with correct 1000 balance.
after 3 days i didn't receive any reward.
decided to send it back to my pc wallet that did work with the masternode just meant 24/7 on time i don't mind.

''chaincoind sendtoaddress '''' 1000''
command returned insufficient funds which i thought was odd.
so i decided to get help and asked online. someone suggested
''chaincoind masternode stop''
once i entered that the the program stopped responding to any commands,
shut it down then restarted putty with my user and password.
returns :
''Last failed login: Fri Jul 21 14:39:28 UTC 2017 from 61.177.172.14 on ssh:notty
There were 1097 failed login attempts since the last successful login.
Last login: Fri Jul 21 13:37:59 2017 from 134.226.124.52''
after this if i try any command to check balance etc nothing happens.

question is now what did :
do to my server if it even is a proper command.
also is there anything i czn do or have i lost 1000 chc?

100 chc reward for successfully retrieval of the coins.
thanks
bitjamz

Activity: 496
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 02:55:34 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 03:09:28 PM by bitjamz

hi,
had the masternode setup correctly with max's tutorial for vps via putty.
returns successfully started etc with correct 1000 balance.
after 3 days i didn't receive any reward.
decided to send it back to my pc wallet that did work with the masternode just meant 24/7 on time i don't mind.

''chaincoind sendtoaddress '''' 1000''
command returned insufficient funds which i thought was odd.
so i decided to get help and asked online. someone suggested
once i entered that the the program stopped responding to any commands,
shut it down then restarted putty with my user and password.
returns :
''Last failed login: Fri Jul 21 14:39:28 UTC 2017 from 61.177.172.14 on ssh:notty
There were 1097 failed login attempts since the last successful login.
Last login: Fri Jul 21 13:37:59 2017 from 134.226.124.52''
after this if i try any command to check balance etc nothing happens.

question is now what did :
do to my server if it even is a proper command.

thanks

maybe because of
Avg. Award Freqency
50.36 hrs...              

try command: chaincoind masternode start

if not you can
try to login with WINSCP and backup your wallet.dat

pm me your chc address i will take a look at it

mixterz

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:10:58 PM

thanks

maybe because of
Avg. Award Freqency
50.36 hrs...              

if not you can

hi,
thanks for responding.
once i enter that command or any command nothing happens the tab just moves to the next line.

how would i go about backing up the wallet with winscp ?
bitjamz

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 03:16:23 PM

thanks

maybe because of
Avg. Award Freqency
50.36 hrs...              

if not you can

hi,
thanks for responding.
once i enter that command or any command nothing happens the tab just moves to the next line.

try again

cd ~/.chaincoin/
chaincoind masternode start

bitjamz

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 03:25:56 PM

thanks

maybe because of
Avg. Award Freqency
50.36 hrs...              

if not you can

hi,
thanks for responding.

try again

cd ~/.chaincoin/

you have to download from here https://winscp.net/eng/download.php install it
winscp: Go to Options - Preferences and click Panels on the left.  Check Show hidden files
use your putty login infos
wallet.dat file is in .chaincoin folder

mixterz

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:33:19 PM

thanks

maybe because of
Avg. Award Freqency
50.36 hrs...              

if not you can

hi,
thanks for responding.

try again

cd ~/.chaincoin/

winscp: Go to Options - Preferences and click Panels on the left.  Check Show hidden files

initial commands did nothing again.
ok so followed your steps and can see the wallet.dat file.
what next, drag and drop ?
bitjamz

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 03:45:27 PM

thanks

maybe because of
Avg. Award Freqency
50.36 hrs...              

if not you can

hi,
thanks for responding.

try again

cd ~/.chaincoin/

winscp: Go to Options - Preferences and click Panels on the left.  Check Show hidden files

right click and download

sotarules

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:49:50 PM

Thoughts on Random's Video Last Night

If you have the time, please see Random's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYRhkdOCWWg

In this video, Random explain the CHC movement as succinctly as can be.

What is at stake is bigger than CHC.  If this movement fails, it means that the model of pump-and-dump, the law of the jungle, the race to the bottom, will be the law. However, if CHC turns out to be a success, we can repeat this same approach with other low-cap coins.  

What Random is describing is a total disruption of crypto: collective action of pump-and-HODL replacing the outmoded pump-and-dump.  I strongly support this movement, not so much because I want to be rich, but rather I want to see this disruption happen.

Caveat emptor: I love Random, it is hard not to. However, I think Random is being a little melodramatic by describing this as an epic battle between the little guy and the whales.

Random believes that this is war and that the price of CHC is being pushed down by forces that are threatened by this movement.  I suspect something simpler is in play: CHC movement doesn't (yet) have control of enough CHC to influence the price. The market cap is (was) too big. and there weren't enough of us to lock up enough CHC to control the price.

However, now that CHC is down sharply, we have the opportunity to get control of a lot more CHC and get the coin locked up master nodes.

As Random suggested, now is a great time for everyone to get at least one node.  It is reasonable right now (the price seems to be stabilizing) at about $1,000/node.  
The Enoeht

Activity: 190

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:51:29 PM

FUD ... FUD ... random lies ... FUD ... FUD

Where is the team! I am not Fudding.  I am pointing out facts.  Whats going on?

This is simply not true core team has three developers roli,ediston and brakmic. And they have been very active lately they released new version three days ago https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/releases

For example Brakmic portfolio looks really impressive guy has like 20+ years experience with software development  https://stackoverflow.com/story/brakmic

They are building a new site to replace the hacked one that will be at least five times better.

This is like bad relationship that you need to let go. It's time, it ain't getting back to 5$, ever!

Stop the FUD! Coin was $6+ at one point and it can easily get upwards of that. In crypto coins easily regain their losses look at bitcoin it went to $1850 and back to $2850 in no time. Same will happen with CHC after people figure out this is just FUD.

If you want to be objective it is clear that CHC never looked better. Over 2000 people on slack, active development, over 2000 masternodes, biggest number of masternode owners after dash, hodl movement with 2000+ members on discord. It is clear that coin has a bright future.    

keep on telling yourself fantasies
mixterz

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:02:17 PM

thanks

maybe because of
Avg. Award Freqency
50.36 hrs...              

if not you can

hi,
thanks for responding.

try again

cd ~/.chaincoin/

right click and download

have the file.
the pc wallet should be able to load this hopefully and recover the funds.
if it does ill be on to you to send you your 100 chc.
in work at the minute so will try it when i get back.
thanks
bitjamz

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 04:08:04 PM

thanks

maybe because of
Avg. Award Freqency
50.36 hrs...              

if not you can

hi,
thanks for responding.

try again

cd ~/.chaincoin/

right click and download

have the file.
the pc wallet should be able to load this hopefully and recover the funds.
if it does ill be on to you to send you your 100 chc.
in work at the minute so will try it when i get back.
thanks

yea just pm me

silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:00:11 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 05:19:55 PM by silvermetal

Caveat emptor: I love Random, it is hard not to. However, I think Random is being a little melodramatic by describing this as an epic battle between the little guy and the whales.

Wow. Really Wow, you have taken extra Latin lessons and finally know how to spell Caveat Emptor  Roll Eyes
Finally you created a sockpuppet who knows how to spell it. Bravo!

Below some failed attempts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299308.msg10667896;topicseen#msg10667896

UNO and Joulecoin are not profitable? You are squeezing CHC to the last bitcoin, aren't you..

Temporel

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:08:16 PM

And the FUD continues ...

Interesting thing about CHC though is that only 12% of the coins is in the masternodes. Normal ratio is like 40%-50% so in the following months we will probably see at least one huge spike in price once devs publish the new version which brings increased rewards and development fund and people lock another 30% of the coin into masternodes.  45% masternodes 10% dev fund 45% miners. Dev will have tens of thousands of dollars to fund additional development.

Cryptoninjapanda, you are a liar .... you are not a legendary person and I would take your words, you and a group of people are interested not in technology but in financial quick enrichment, and you succeeded, you are not enough, and you continue to deceive deceiving  Sheep, .. Max seller of mobile became a brilliant mathematician and cryptographer !!!) Shocked nonsense !!! .... people really are stupid, study materiel, .................  .....!100%, Shocked

First they lie, then attack you personally and then you win. Obviously since you have nothing to back you story of lies and FUD you have to attack me personally. And I am not really sure what to think about your fascination with Max. Coin is solid. Established in 2014. Was the first coin to introduce C11 algorithm. It is probably only masternode coin that is older than Dash. And it has a huge potential for growth.  Also there is another developer joining the team and coin has recently been added to macro.exchange https://macro.exchange/ so things are moving in the right direction. As I said coin has a dedicated team of developers and very bright future. 

there is no potential at all, stop lying. Nothing wrong to hope for a spike and to make money out of it but stop pretending this coin has a future.

Potential is huge it is a masternode coin that now has a large community of masternode owners. 2000 people on official slack. 2000+ people on the Hodl movement discord https://discordapp.com/invite/yXMtwfr. And it is actively developed. Plus unlike many other masternode coins it is established in 2014 it is even a bit older than Dash. It has original C11 algo. It was first to chain 11 algos. And it is still GPU mineable.

And about making money it has even bigger potential on that account it still has to get listed on major exchange which will bring big price increase. Then only 12% coins are in masternode which means another 30% will have to be bought and locked. So anoder price spike. It will have a dev fund in the near future which means continuous development. At this point for the next 6 months if they only borrow from other projects like Pivx or Dash devs can make miracles with this coin.

XD This coin is not actively developed. They made lastly cosmetic/name changes for last 3 years xD you are so funny man

I wrote something similar earlier but the mod deleted it for some reason. He probably owns a lot of CHC
Jaerin

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:21:37 PM

Thoughts on Random's Video Last Night

If you have the time, please see Random's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYRhkdOCWWg

In this video, Random explain the CHC movement as succinctly as can be.

What is at stake is bigger than CHC.  If this movement fails, it means that the model of pump-and-dump, the law of the jungle, the race to the bottom, will be the law. However, if CHC turns out to be a success, we can repeat this same approach with other low-cap coins.  

What Random is describing is a total disruption of crypto: collective action of pump-and-HODL replacing the outmoded pump-and-dump.  I strongly support this movement, not so much because I want to be rich, but rather I want to see this disruption happen.

Random believes that this is war and that the price of CHC is being pushed down by forces that are threatened by this movement.  I suspect something simpler is in play: CHC movement doesn't (yet) have control of enough CHC to influence the price. The market cap is (was) too big. and there weren't enough of us to lock up enough CHC to control the price.

However, now that CHC is down sharply, we have the opportunity to get control of a lot more CHC and get the coin locked up master nodes.

As Random suggested, now is a great time for everyone to get at least one node.  It is reasonable right now (the price seems to be stabilizing) at about $1,000/node.  

Except what you are talking about is exactly what the pump and dumpers do.   They manipulate the price until they want to make their money.   Masternodes don't print money they print chaincoins which means you're just taking out a dividend from the money that has been invested into the coin.  None of the coins actually produce any value to anyone they just create a new little pool that value collects in until it doesn't anymore.  The value comes from the fiat currency that has been invested in it either through another Crypto or if the coin is big enough directly from Fiat.   The value is still created by all the countries of the world that print the money and trade it for real world goods.  The only thing that is being attempted here is to try and attract as much value to the coin and then act like you have that value locked up in masternodes.  The problem is the money can flow back out just as quickly and easily as it flowed back into the coin.   A masternode can be tore down faster than it can be created and even if it is left to run the value is just slowly being drained from the pool.  Unless there is some value to the coin there is no reason for money to flow back in.

Bitcoin is as big as it is because it has been building for years and has been used as an actual currency for real world goods.  Millions and probably billions of dollars for goods have traded hands using BTC.  The blackmarkets traded HUGE amounts of capital for things that would never have been able to be transferred without it.  If Chaincoin could be positioned where it was used for something like that then yes value could be sustained, but without it then it is just a place to store some value and very unstable, unproven one at that.  I mean if the only thing you are trying to do is control supply then hard fork and trade 10:1 coins and boom you accomplished your task.  At least then the supply would actually be constrained.  With masternodes it is no different than PoS honestly.  Anyone can empty their masternode at any time and dump it on the market.
cryptowizard_93

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:04:48 PM

Chaincoin is not being actively developed. 

Look at the commit history: https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/commits/master

The only 'activity' is some name changes, and some very very minor bug fixes.  This is not 'active'.

The only other changes that are 'older' than July only contains swapping out DASH images for CHC images.  And DASH names, for CHC names

People are delusional if they think this coin has active development. Its more fair to say it has 1 DEV who occasionally tinkers with the code

--------------------------------

I like how the website is now 'under construction' since the hack.  I am very sure that the Chaincoin team (or lack there of) did not have a backup of their website.  What sort of team doesnt have backups?

cryptoninjapanda

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:35:08 PM

Look at the commit history: https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/commits/master

The only 'activity' is some name changes, and some very very minor bug fixes.  This is not 'active'.

The only other changes that are 'older' than July only contains swapping out DASH images for CHC images.  And DASH names, for CHC names

People are delusional if they think this coin has active development. Its more fair to say it has 1 DEV who occasionally tinkers with the code

I like how the website is now 'under construction' since the hack.  I am very sure that the Chaincoin team (or lack there of) did not have a backup of their website.  What sort of team doesnt have backups?

There is a new release https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/releases that was published 4 days ago and there are 7 commits since the last release. Also there is a team of 11 people behind chaincoin they are not all developers but they don't have to be all developers. In this stage it is completely ok for chaincoin to have 3-4 developers. Last I heard one of the devs is actively working on fulfilling the requirements needed for chaincoin to get listed on bittrex. They list bittrex as a first priority for the coin since it has grown and really needs bigger exchange.  And also there is a new twitter account https://twitter.com/chaincointeam .
cryptowizard_93

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:54:36 PM

The only 'activity' is some name changes, and some very very minor bug fixes.  This is not 'active'.

The only other changes that are 'older' than July only contains swapping out DASH images for CHC images.  And DASH names, for CHC names

I like how the website is now 'under construction' since the hack.  I am very sure that the Chaincoin team (or lack there of) did not have a backup of their website.  What sort of team doesnt have backups?

There is a new release https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/releases that was published 4 days ago and there are 7 commits since the last release. Also there is a team of 11 people behind chaincoin they are not all developers but they don't have to be all developers. In this stage it is completely ok for chaincoin to have 3-4 developers. Last I heard one of the devs is actively working on fulfilling the requirements needed for chaincoin to get listed on bittrex. They list bittrex as a first priority for the coin since it has grown and really needs bigger exchange.  And also there is a new twitter account https://twitter.com/chaincointeam .

If you look closer at the release, you will see what I and others have said above.  Its extremely minimal code changes, if anything its full of swaping DASH/Darkcoin for Chaincoin text and images.

Those 7 commits consisted of fixing typos, changing the build numbers, adding more seeds, and 3 very small bug fixes where the developer only changed the sequence of events.

These changes could be completed in 10 minutes by any competent developer.  Before this so called 'release' the code development has been practically non-existent.

You said that they are preparing for Bittrex? I hope you realize that the Bitrrex goal was in their Q2 goals.  They have not met any of the Q2 goals, now the end of Q3 is approaching and progress still has not been made.

The 3-4 Devs you talk about also arent pushing much code... They promised the Masternode update V. 0.12 to be released in Q2.  Again, Q3 is almost over and the update is still not complete.

----------------

You talk about the team being busy? What are they doing?

- They have no white paper (WHAT??!)

- They have no backup to their website

- Their twitter has been dead (Until they JUST created a new one this past week)

- Their blog has been dead (and probably still is)

- Their 'lead dev' @Roli has been silent

- They rarely release any announcements, the only announcements i have seen is to stand by for more announcements...

Where is the progress???  What has been accomplished in 2017 for CHC development?  Practically and virtually nothing

This coin appears to be mostly dead, with some random new-recruits from the community who will attempt to revive it.

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: