Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:44:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920049 times)
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:31:54 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 10:07:33 PM by Chronikka

Please, PotCoin / Dev's

Do Not Allow this Coin on Cryptsy.  We already took a hit from 3000 to 1100 (now trading around 1500) when we went on MintPal.  Why take us down another 50% or more.

http://www.cryptoscribe.com/market-trends/premature-multi-listing-destroys-new-coin-prices/

FUD, why 24 hours before the mintpal announcement POT was trading under 1000 Satoshi and there was a pump likely because of the mintcoin addition could have just been a coincidence. That link you provided talks about the 3 days after being added to mintcoin, well since it has been on mintcoin it has not gone below 1100 satoshi which it was at 700 satoshi a less than 3 days before hand. The way I see it mintpal has elevated the Potcoin floor.

Mintpal certainly increased exposure of this coin. It didn't take long for Pot trade volume on Mintpal to double that of crypto rush (less than a day I think):  http://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#pot

The price is going to fluctuate. It just is. There are going to be bad days when a bunch of large holders are selling. There are going to be good days when people are buying, especially after positive news. What hurts this coin more than anything at all...are the people who are trying to short it. Forget about exchanges and everything else...the people who are going to Mintpal for the sake of shorting this coin to make a few bucks are the problem...not the exchange itself. They have no vested interest in this coin besides how much BTC its worth.

BTW those are the people who come in here crying about the price  Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:24:39 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 05:04:36 PM by drwoo

Did anyone post this? a HuffPo article on Potcoin and Dopecoin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/19/bitcoins-drugs-dopecoin-potcoin_n_4980749.html

Business insider reported on huffpo's story

http://www.businessinsider.com/potcoin-and-dopecoin-2014-3
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:16:28 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/19/bitcoins-drugs-dopecoin-potcoin_n_4980749.html

Yeah! This is indeed an amazing explanation of why this coin will take off like nothing before it.  Grin

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:24:24 PM

Please, PotCoin / Dev's

Do Not Allow this Coin on Cryptsy.  We already took a hit from 3000 to 1100 (now trading around 1500) when we went on MintPal.  Why take us down another 50% or more.

http://www.cryptoscribe.com/market-trends/premature-multi-listing-destroys-new-coin-prices/

I think this is a matter of perception. At the moment the price has actually stayed @ 1500, where it was hovering @ 900 for quite some time before hand.

One could argue that being added to mintpal might have helped the coin reach a new audience and further help stabilize the price at the current 1500 sat as i haven't seen it dip anywhere close to where it was before it was added.

I get that you are concerned about the future of the coin but it can only be day traded into oblivion if it is sold to begin with. I for one am holding my coin. 51,562,560 is the current number of potcoins, how much of the current market is for sale? You seem to keep relating the value of the coin to being on exchanges. Like some how potcoin is worth more if it is on fewer exchanges. Potcoin will derive value from real world use and application. The only coins that have ever been driven to obscurity are garbage coins that had no future anyway. If they had some type of value outside of being trading coins, ie pump and dumps, they wouldn't have ever been dumped because they would have had value outside of being dumped. Don't worry so much, if the coin has underlying value it will be able to withstand the little hiccups that come along with day trading.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
@msteramned

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:37:26 AM

Well done to those involved in spreading the word. More like this please, this is the way to ensure the long term relevance and value of our favourite coin, keep it in the public eye and spread the word amongst the media. I'd love to hear if anything happened on the recent expedition to Amsterdam. Apart from the obvious indulgence of local delights I mean! Did anyone talk to any coffeeshop owners or suppliers in the world's pot capital?

Kudo's to the dev and marketing team.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:40:14 PM

Dispensaries accept cc now. Cash issue solved

Um, no they don't.  If VISA or MC catch a dispensary using their systems they fire the company that set up the account.  What many dispensaries are now doing is using a "square" reader attached to an I-phone.  But they do not have the blessing of the credit card companies.

Until the US legislature changes the law it will remain illegal for dispensaries to transact as every time they do they are laundering money.  (FWIW: PotCoin does not fix this problem, drug dealers using it as a substitute for money are still laundering).

Using Square is still considered laundering, and it's against the TOS of Square. Unless they've changed their terms of service recently.

HansW

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:49:17 PM

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
guess tomorrow they will pick some new coins, guys lets (buy some) vote(s).
We need to be in the top 4!

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mewhy

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:11:20 PM

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
guess tomorrow they will pick some new coins, guys lets (buy some) vote(s).
We need to be in the top 4!

No we don't. Let them pick other coins for whales to pump and dump. Potcoin is slowly building itself up. Value will come naturally.
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:38:16 PM

Thanks for these.

Its not intended to but it highlights the main difference between POT and DOPE...which is that POT is targeting the now soon to be legal (some places already is) marijuana industry. The dope developers have no such goals and could care less if the coin is used for illegal purchases outside of the marijuana industry.

I think that will hurt dopecoin big time. There are other coins more suited for what dopecoin aims to achieve (i.e. darkcoin)

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
VarDiff

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:57:37 PM

PotCoin added to altcoins database
You can vote for coins and mining pools. Good luck & have fun!
tecnopollo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:35:28 PM

interesting good news for potcoin, value slow its better Wink
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:12:48 AM

Can somebody tell me what problem potcoin solves?

Why does it even have to solve a problem? They are attempting to solve a problem, but that doesn't mean they will. The bitcoin payment processors are black balling the marijuana industry just like banks. Potcoin wants to solve this issue, the investors know this in advanced. It may happen. I like to use  potcoin as my tipping coin of choice. Its way more fun to smoke someone out with some POT than too toss some doge for btc someone's way.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 02:17:02 AM

The bitcoin payment processors are black balling the marijuana industry just like banks.

Got a link for that?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:47:13 AM

POT is almost same price as SUN.. wth _)

yolo
mewhy

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:19:19 AM

Why does it even have to solve a problem? They are attempting to solve a problem, but that doesn't mean they will. The bitcoin payment processors are black balling the marijuana industry just like banks. Potcoin wants to solve this issue, the investors know this in advanced. It may happen. I like to use  potcoin as my tipping coin of choice. Its way more fun to smoke someone out with some POT than too toss some doge for btc someone's way.

They have KYC in place and have to do so. The processors turn bitcoin into fiat on the fly. They can't deal with these marijuana places due to federal law. The problem is the government puts it on financial institutions to KYC and be the first line of defense against money laundering. Institutions would rather play it safe than risk the wrath of the federal government.

It's going to be interesting how this plays out, but it definitely leaves a big market for Potcoin. Larger operations won't want to risk messing up a bitcoin account, a smaller operation might risk dealing with Potcoin. Bitcoin processors aren't going to deal with the marijuana industry. So who will? Enter Potcoin. Once everything gets figured out, Potcoin will be huge. This coin came around at the right time to be huge.
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:28:27 AM

for the life of me I can't get my Potcoin wallet to sync. I used the wallet many times in the past and all of the sudden it won't sync for the past 4 days? Anyone know what my problem might be?
zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:15:21 AM

They have KYC in place and have to do so. The processors turn bitcoin into fiat on the fly. They can't deal with these marijuana places due to federal law. The problem is the government puts it on financial institutions to KYC and be the first line of defense against money laundering. Institutions would rather play it safe than risk the wrath of the federal government.

It's going to be interesting how this plays out, but it definitely leaves a big market for Potcoin. Larger operations won't want to risk messing up a bitcoin account, a smaller operation might risk dealing with Potcoin. Bitcoin processors aren't going to deal with the marijuana industry. So who will? Enter Potcoin. Once everything gets figured out, Potcoin will be huge. This coin came around at the right time to be huge.

A standardized crypto currency for the industry that can alleviate security issues such as large amounts of cash that banks are declining to take because of not only the stance on Marijuana by the federal government but because the cash smells like weed and makes the entire bank smell like weed too!!! Thats what potcoins is for!!

Not so circumvent KYC laws that institutions abide by so that they can remain legal.

If your thinking about it any other way you are in for a rude awakening!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:01:23 AM

Not sure I understand what you are saying, zedicus.

Potcoin solves nothing because it is just a substitute for cash and these dispensary operators are all breaking the Federal law.  

If Potcoin becomes the solution then Potcoin is being used to launder money.  It's straight forward.  

KYC and AML rules and dispensaries are diametrically opposed.

zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 05:15:43 AM

Not sure I understand what you are saying, zedicus.

Potcoin solves nothing because it is just a substitute for cash and these dispensary operators are all breaking the Federal law.  

If Potcoin becomes the solution then Potcoin is being used to launder money.  It's straight forward.  

KYC and AML rules and dispensaries are diametrically opposed.

Yep , no way around it.. Federally illegal and all that.

but wait, if whole states are ignoring the federal law .., with more states in route with the same road map.. then it looks like we have a grey area. I think they like the grey area so they can selectively apply the law or you know.. stop all the "money laundering" selectively.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
pixskull

Activity: 229

We support you for as long as you need.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:47:13 AM

Hey everyone,

Love the concept of this coin!  Just found out about it because of dopecoin seeing our custom engraved pipes.  And after the Fox news report came out, I def wanted to say congrats and check y'all out!  Check it out and let me know if we can help this community at all, and if there is a place for the business my girl and I have!  

http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/20z95o/custom_engraved_hand_blown_glass_pipes/

Love the design, and the concept!  And hope we can help prosper this coin with you!

PGwpHfHW4XyGTzJ2gC5CXYopzMF6qZFE9V
First try to get some POT

Also any reason the wallet wouldn't sync on windows?
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: