Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:14:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920050 times)
dmakn$

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:00:12 PM

YES  please half Pot   +1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PotCoin (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:13:56 PM

NO BLOCK SOURCE

FIXED

PLS LET US KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR YOU NOW!

ISSUE-

TO MANY REQUESTS WORLDWIDE!!

WE NEEDED TO ADD NEW SERVER AND REBOOT THE OTHERS AFTER UPGRADING THE SERVERS!!

so this was a good thing! lol

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
cisary

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:22:26 PM

I can't get Potcoin wallet working on OS X 10.9.2 - I get "Potcoin-Qt quit unexpectedly" every time.. any help?
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:41:23 PM

OK, Cryptsy, hmmmmmm

let me look at the price after 1 day of trading there (well almost 1 day of trading):  1301.

We were trading at around a steady 1450 to 1500 before.  You think we are going to stop going down from 1301.  Nope, the whales are going to take us down.
Thanks to all of you who voted on getting us on Cryptsy.   Angry

Our only way out of this is a huge marketing blitz.

Lol. I don't know how many times I've warned against adding new coins to multiple large exchanges it's too much pressure for the coin to handle. Eventually yes you want to be on all the big exchanges but there is such a thing as too soon. When the coin was added to mintpal it stopped its rising momentum dead in its tracks, then it gets added to cryptsy and it drops again. Do we see a pattern here folks?? The people pushing for everyone to vote are the people with a ton of coin that they want to dump.

The two of you guys are like chicken littles running around screaming the sky is falling. You are making these baseless statements after a day or two of being on a new exchange. About 3 weeks ago the coin was only trading about 900 sat. You guys make it seem like you want to dump the coin since you are the ones so concerned about the current value. The only reason the coin is valued as high as it is now is because of all the prospective things going on in the future. The things the devs had said are going to take place. They seem to be actively working to get the coin out there, which is good. So this value that you dogechode, and you bdc2343, are so concerned about is nothing. The coin didn't drop into the abyss before the mention of an investor and shit. It was still trading @ 900 then too. Come to think of it, what has the lowest value of Potcoin been? The coin has no value if no one does anything with it. Being on, or not being on an exchange, does not increase or decrease it's value.

In short, calm down with the told ya so and warned ya bullshit. The two of you are speaking from both sides of your face and from your asses at the same time. Either this coin is going to be awesome since it has a lot going for it, or it is going to be a pump and dump. It will not be both.

The whales can only destroy coins that have no value outside of being coins to mine.

Uno is a recent example. The 'whale' pumped it from .005 to .01, or that is when i sold anyway. Then he dumped. It didn't break or ruin the coin, eventually the coin dropped back down to what the market wants it at, .005, where it was before the whale "destroyed" the coin. But he didn't destroy anything, he merely used it as a means to an end. The coin is still going, people are still mining it, all seems fine? Uno really has no use as of now either, it is only valued what it is because it is "rare". You still can't use it for dick. I see Potcoin as having a lot more going on for it. That is just me though, i am an optimist.

Should the coin be halved. If you believe the halving will raise value by playing around with the supply while the demand is high, then surely. Will people have a negative opinion on the halving when they realize it was done only to affect valuation? I think so, unless you can say why the halving would be beneficial it doesn't make sense to do it. At 420 million coins, if each coin reaches a buck, that is only 420 million, seems like peanuts compared to what i think (know) the marijuana industry is capable of.  Why not 3/4's it instead of halve it? Really drive the value up there? Why not fork it and just roll with a totally new set of coins while you are at it? Change it and make it so there will only be 10 potcoins total and no one but the first 10 miners will get one?

The halving would be a thinly veiled attempt at controlling the price. If the coin was not designed and released with a plan for halving i think it is shady shit to do it afterwards. Don't ruin the reputation this coin has as being an industry coin by messing with the total number of coins now. Should have been thought of BEFORE the coin was released. Seems like something dopecoin would do. I like to think Potcoin is above this type of bullshit. Is everyone going to think the way i do? Thankfully not, but how many will, and won't voice an opinion? If the only reason people want the coin halved is because they think it will double the value of their current coins (ERRRRR, wrong), that seems like a scum bag move to make.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:53:13 PM

We have talked lots of about HALVING THE COIN

so lets take a final vote on this~

YES OR NO!

DO WE HALVE POTCOIN !!!???

i will make an official announcement after this vote

Can I ask why this is even being discussed? I might be in the minority here, but I think halving the coin will only create more problems. People won't trust a coin that can have its market cap manipulated so easily. I think when the halving occurs, the price go up temporarily, but ultimately a lot of people will sell at whatever profit they can get because they don't trust the coin any more. You are going to see people jumping ship if you do this...Just my opinion.

That's why I'm asking...What do we gain by doing this? Or is it just an attempt at market manipulation?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:02:01 PM

Change my YES vote to a NO vote, please...

At first I thought it a good idea, but after a second thought, it does sound a bit "shady" when you think about in terms of manipulation...
420 million coins sounds better anyway  Smiley

I VOTE NO HALVING.
Final answer  Cheesy
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:31:52 PM

Would you people stop manipulating coin variables.  Half this, increase that, add POS, blah blah blah blah blah.

Leave Potcoin as-is.  There is no reason to change anything about it unless you are trying to manipulate price.  But I'll tell you one thing about this- see how reward reduction worked for KDC.

(spoiler alert - it dropped the total network hashrate to 1/10th what it was... which should tell you something)

Leave it as-is.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
melezama

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:41:09 PM

NO BLOCK SOURCE

FIXED

PLS LET US KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR YOU NOW!

ISSUE-

TO MANY REQUESTS WORLDWIDE!!

WE NEEDED TO ADD NEW SERVER AND REBOOT THE OTHERS AFTER UPGRADING THE SERVERS!!

so this was a good thing! lol

Right ON!!!! Vamo todavia!!! Thank You very mucho!!!
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:52:13 PM

Seems like something dopecoin would do. I like to think Potcoin is above this type of bullshit.

Agreed. All of your reasons hit the nail on the head. I already said no, but make it an emphatic hell naw!
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:14:11 AM

Please don't halve it!
Why would you?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bertlebbert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:24:41 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 06:23:22 PM by bertlebbert

IMHO halving is the same as a stock "rollback" typical of failed Vancouver penny mining stocks...

If it's not broken, don't fix it!
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:57:15 AM

The only people on this thread promoting a block reward reduction are the same folks that drove the KDC reward reduction... which has been a complete disaster. The price has not come close to compensating for the reduction, and the network is now unsecured because of the low hash-rate. I am a long-term large stake-holder in KDC.

Funny thing is... now that KDC is on life-support the community are now doing all the things they should have done before the block reward reduction, if they had done those things there would have never been the need for a block reward reduction to manipulate price.

POT is a has been steadily climbing in price since its low because of the hard work and infrastructure being put in place by the dev team. If you want to make a 1000% profit on a coin go find some pump and dump coin.

The only people that want a reward reduction are the short-sighted and short-term profit-takers and is nothing more than a attempt a pure price manipulation.

Keep building the business and the value will follow.

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 06:02:15 AM

NO! = Vote

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CryptoCthulhu

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:51:01 AM

My vote is NO.
anyone4u

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:20:13 AM

We have talked lots of about HALVING THE COIN

so lets take a final vote on this~

YES OR NO!

DO WE HALVE POTCOIN !!!???

i will make an official announcement after this vote

This worries me greatly you would even ask this question.

I am invested in POTCOIN not to make money but because i though of the many alts it actually had some unique utility other coins didnt as well as a decent dev team.

Just to let you know ill be dumping my very sizeable holdings should you half the reward. Im pretty sure i will more than offset any short term gains

u can dump all your coins then good luck getting them back later after rewards are 1/2
anyone4u

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:35:06 AM

The only people on this thread promoting a block reward reduction are the same folks that drove the KDC reward reduction... which has been a complete disaster. The price has not come close to compensating for the reduction, and the network is now unsecured because of the low hash-rate. I am a long-term large stake-holder in KDC.

Funny thing is... now that KDC is on life-support the community are now doing all the things they should have done before the block reward reduction, if they had done those things there would have never been the need for a block reward reduction to manipulate price.
POT is a has been steadily climbing in price since its low because of the hard work and infrastructure being put in place by the dev team. If you want to make a 1000% profit on a coin go find some pump and dump coin.
The only people that want a reward reduction are the short-sighted and short-term profit-takers and is nothing more than a attempt a pure price manipulation.

I agree but KDC has been on life support and continues to be on life support. They tried to inflate the price and get more people interested in the coin which didn't have too much has to begin with, change the mining schedule, then release the storefront instead of keeping the same schedule which made it better. They didn't have as many miners as we have nor a real product which we have unless you count their nice store they opened after rewards were halved. To compare pot although has some similarities, there is not much to compare.
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:21:44 AM

I agree but KDC has been on life support and continues to be on life support. They tried to inflate the price and get more people interested in the coin which didn't have too much has to begin with, change the mining schedule, then release the storefront instead of keeping the same schedule which made it better. They didn't have as many miners as we have nor a real product which we have unless you count their nice store they opened after rewards were halved. To compare pot although has some similarities, there is not much to compare.

KDC was not on life support before the hard fork and reward reduction... price was low, but steady... network hashrate was around 400Mh/s... not great... but enough to stay reasonably secure. If at that point and the devs and community would have opened the store-front, organised the pre-paid VISA, and all the other things they doing now... the need for reward reduction would have not been needed... in fact the original roadmap called for a reward halving to happen about now anyway... but... well... go read the story...

POT is a very different coin from KDC... KDC is a general purpose coin... POT is a targeted coin... but the same rules will apply... and there is no sound reason for reward reduction except to manipulate price.

narf

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:57:25 AM

i also vote no halving  Roll Eyes
stan26

Activity: 195

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:10:34 AM

Found a faucet

http://fairpool.co.vu/PotCoinFaucet/index.php

anyone4u

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:47:34 AM

asics are here folks, here is what we are trying to solve really, this problem
http://wafflepool.com/miner/14t8yB3PDGfZT3VppxMY4J9xiBaXUcZvKp
user Hash Rate: 17.38 GH/s (15min approximated)
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: