Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:18:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920049 times)
AdamT

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:40:34 PM

From one dev to another, go x11. asics by gridseed are literally selling out all over in 2 months all coins that hope to be GPU mined will need a new asic resistant algo. I've followed your coin for awhile, give your loyal ppl x11 algorithm and you can cut mining cost but maintain a great hashrate to secure the blockchain, its a win win.

This. Seems the scrypt ASICs will absolutely destroy most scrypt coins. Any coin wanting to stay around is going to need X11.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:57:19 PM

From one dev to another, go x11. asics by gridseed are literally selling out all over in 2 months all coins that hope to be GPU mined will need a new asic resistant algo. I've followed your coin for awhile, give your loyal ppl x11 algorithm and you can cut mining cost but maintain a great hashrate to secure the blockchain, its a win win.

This. Seems the scrypt ASICs will absolutely destroy most scrypt coins. Any coin wanting to stay around is going to need X11.

Exactly. Dev already made the stupid announcement that the coin isn't switching from scrypt and the price crashed IMMEDIATELY
SCryptoMiners

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:08:58 PM

SCryptoMiners POT Pool

http://pot.scryptominers.com

Our pool has mined over 18,000,000 POT.

2 POT block finder bonus.
PPLNS (Pay Per Last N Shares) reward system
Round earnings credited after 40 confirms.
All block transaction fees are passed along to miners.
Minimum payout is 1 POT.
We process payouts every 60 seconds.

Join a reliable mining pool: POT | WC (Whitecoin) | DUCK
Chronikka

Merit: 504

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:17:23 PM

Exactly. Dev already made the stupid announcement that the coin isn't switching from scrypt and the price crashed IMMEDIATELY

By the time ASICs really become relevant for this coin (3+ months at least), we will already have 25% of scheduled coins in circulation. The added security of ASICs will be worth it by then. 100 million+ coins will be in circulation in just a couple months...buy coins directly if you don't want to get an asic.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
bigc1984

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:40:39 PM

By the time ASICs really become relevant for this coin (3+ months at least), we will already have 25% of scheduled coins in circulation. The added security of ASICs will be worth it by then. 100 million+ coins will be in circulation in just a couple months...buy coins directly if you don't want to get an asic.

There is no added security quite the opposite actually. It's going to open the coin up to being 51% attacked. Most of the people purchasing asics are doing so to mine ltc and have no interest in holding other coins long term, they will simply mine them to dump them. And since the majority of the ASIC users aren't going to be loyal potcoin holders, there is a good chance they will take all that hash power and use it to attack the blockchain. Buy coins directly? So you admit ASICs at the very least will take the mining power out of the hands of the average user and centralize it to huge private corporations. Sounds like the US dollar and the federal reserve all over again. "POT"coin should be one of the first to make adjustments to fight against centralization considering the motive.
Chronikka

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:56:29 PM

There is no added security quite the opposite actually. It's going to open the coin up to being 51% attacked. Most of the people purchasing asics are doing so to mine ltc and have no interest in holding other coins long term, they will simply mine them to dump them. And since the majority of the ASIC users aren't going to be loyal potcoin holders, there is a good chance they will take all that hash power and use it to attack the blockchain. Buy coins directly? So you admit ASICs at the very least will take the mining power out of the hands of the average user and centralize it to huge private corporations. Sounds like the US dollar and the federal reserve all over again.

Yes there is always added security in increased hash power. They also generate less heat and consume far less energy.

As for the comment about the average person being excluded by ASICs, its just wrong. The average person doesn't own a GPU farm. The average user can't afford or aren't even capable of drawing that amount of power from their residence. Go ahead you try and run a 7-8 mh/s gpu rig out of your apartment. Heat and electricity are the bane of my existence. I have been threatened by both my apartment management group and the electric company. I give them a great big middle finger every time but I know I'm not the only one having these problems.

ASICs make it possible for the average guy (ME!) to have a reasonable level of hash power and not burn the apartment complex down. Just like the block erupters were before, these new ones are competitively priced to GPUs. Just invest in an asic and sell your gpu/cpu mining farms. Nobody is going to take a network seriously when its secured by GPUs running out of milk crates in people's basements.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:05:28 PM

Or some other ASIC hostile algorithm.
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:15:48 PM

Oh, now its the argument of safety for the blockchain.
Sounds like the usual fear mongering. Suddenly the blockchains are in danger, without ASICs.
Altcoins were just fine without ASICs. Bitcoin would be much better off without them.

Why should I throw my money at a bunch of elite wankers trying to take another business over, if it's avoidable?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:21:55 PM

You shouldn't.  You should bale on all sha and scrypt coins (except perhaps bitcoin itself)
Chronikka

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:22:20 PM

Sounds like the usual fear mongering. Suddenly the blockchains are in danger, without ASICs.
Altcoins were just fine without ASICs. Bitcoin would be much better off without them.

Why should I throw my money at a bunch of elite wankers trying to take another business over, if it's avoidable?

The same reason you threw your money at a gpu.

A gridseed unit costs $160 and hashes at 350 kh/s  w/ power use: 7 Watts
An R9 270 GPU costs $200 and hashes at 450 kh/s  w/ power use: 150 watts

You decide.

bigc1984

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:29:31 PM

The same reason you threw your money at a gpu.

You decide.

I don't think we are going to agree, so I will change the subject. I am interested in the harassment from your apartment management and electric company. What have they told you? I wouldn't be surprised if some people have been raided because they thought they had a huge grow op.
Chronikka

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:42:43 PM

I don't think we are going to agree, so I will change the subject. I am interested in the harassment from your apartment management and electric company. What have they told you? I wouldn't be surprised if some people have been raided because they thought they had a huge grow op.

During peak summer times the building struggles to keep cool and then everybody cranks the A/C up. When I had my GPUs running it would be too much current for the building and throw a circuit breaker. Needless to say, my neighbors were not happy.

I moved in to that place because it was supposedly renovated. Turns out they did everything but the electrical system and even just a few extra KW is too much. Great. Anyways the electric company didn't so much as threaten me as ask me to reduce my consumption to avoid brown outs.

I sold off some of my GPUs to get down to a level where I'm not tripping the breaker, but they still bother me about it every month. I will be going the ASIC route very soon. Gridseed was the first but many more will be coming this Summer.

dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:50:07 PM

You decide.

Is this accurate? I thought gridseeds had a much higher initial cost, and you had to buy a crapload of them to equal 1 graphics card worth of hashing power.
Chronikka

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:57:26 PM

You decide.

Is this accurate? I thought gridseeds had a much higher initial cost, and you had to buy a crapload of them to equal 1 graphics card worth of hashing power.

Depends on where you look and how many you buy. 10+ usually gets you $160 per

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525965.0

There are some resellers selling single units at ~$160-$185 but are just not the more well known distributors:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529021.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=520191.0

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:20:03 PM

During peak summer times the building struggles to keep cool and then everybody cranks the A/C up. When I had my GPUs running it would be too much current for the building and throw a circuit breaker. Needless to say, my neighbors were not happy.

I moved in to that place because it was supposedly renovated. Turns out they did everything but the electrical system and even just a few extra KW is too much. Great. Anyways the electric company didn't so much as threaten me as ask me to reduce my consumption to avoid brown outs.

I sold off some of my GPUs to get down to a level where I'm not tripping the breaker, but they still bother me about it every month. I will be going the ASIC route very soon. Gridseed was the first but many more will be coming this Summer.
!

I don't believe your story.
Give me a break. It's all to clear why and who you are advocating here.

Once you, the average Joe, will eventually receive your Gridseed devices, they will be already outdated.
After some long, long postponed delivery.

And the right figure is 2,425.00 $ for 3 Mhash and all sold out.
And you will be very disappointed how cheap they are manufactured.
Be careful not to brake them already, when unpacking them.

And no, they won't do X11.
You will end up having bought some very expensive fans.
You can spend your days mining Flappycoin then, because everything of value will have switched to better math.

You're a LIAR, bootlicking for the elite.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Sardine

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:25:12 PM

Most of the people purchasing asics are doing so to mine ltc and have no interest in holding other coins long term, they will simply mine them to dump them.

GPU owners are already mining and dumping potcoins.  ASIC's are the least of potcoin's problems right now.
potcoin needs good news.  As long as there is no new good news, greedy gpu miners will continue to mine and dump.
Sardine

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:34:32 PM

ASIC's such as these are good for the coin industry.  Affordable and efficient.
Sorry to bring bad news but grossly inefficient gpu mining must die.

Nvidia is already making efficient gpu's for mining (GTX 750).
Inefficient gpu's will not be able to compete against newer efficient gpu's, and certainly not against ASIC's.
Even x11 can't save inefficient gpu's.
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:34:27 PM

Well, maybe you should really change algo or get some kind of anti asic shield but i guess this isn't possible that easily..
Chronikka

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:09:55 PM

I don't believe your story.
Give me a break. It's all to clear why and who you are advocating here.

Once you, the average Joe, will eventually receive your Gridseed devices, they will be already outdated.
After some long, long postponed delivery.

And the right figure is 2,425.00 $ for 3 Mhash and all sold out.
And you will be very disappointed how cheap they are manufactured.
Be careful not to brake them already, when unpacking them.

And no, they won't do X11.
You will end up having bought some very expensive fans.
You can spend your days mining Flappycoin then, because everything of value will have switched to better math.

You're a LIAR, bootlicking for the elite.

I don't even own a gridseed and I don't plan on buying one. Their competition will be hitting the markets soon. Those I will buy.

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 12:10:19 AM

I have a GPU farm mining HeavyCoin as of recent! Its feature set is worth a mention, It was once CPU only and GPU's just got let in the party not to long ago and miners run really cool! Great for summer and not asic friendly...

Asics are already here! If you were doing any kind of multipool action you know the price has been anchoring..

It maybe a binary moment for a lot of coins! Theres not gonna be any in-between... Sometimes innovation is enough and a grasping of opportunity is all that matters but i think our situation is dependent upon more factors and one that sticks out like a sore thumb is "timing"~

HVC is doing well and will continue to do well because of the timing & innovation!! It came right at the right time when GPU's are "shifting" from scrypt and its making a market for itself by giving miners an "opportune" moment !

For POT it seems the halving conversation has blown up into an all out are we "changing" from scrypt conversation.
Rightly so as the slaughtering of the market proceeds by the asics but, even tho that binary moment maybe among us soon.. the difference in yea or nea may not be as important as the timing!

I dont think we have enough swagg to carry us pass any round of asics..  The reaper is among us and maneuver away we must!! I didnt just mention HVC by chance .. I secretly wish POT had some of its features like the temporal retargeting but our chance to innovate is handcuffed to a timing variable amongst others so im not sure how long we have an opportunity to grasp for our defining moment~

Its make or break time! Cmon POT!!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: