Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:04:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 411 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PMC] Premine Coin | Rare | Mining Transaction Fee Proof of Concept  (Read 382860 times)
creditcoin_CRD (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:15:37 PM

Another "PMC stakeholder" brainstorming session would probably help some. Last time we did that we produced some decent results.

It really isn't that we aren't talking in the thread about "what's next" for premine. The fact is that we've already done them and we are being stonewalled or ignored. At the same time there are 10-20 new coins per day, some with massive advertising budgets. Everybody seems to be watching for the next big thing. This puts us in a tough spot since we were relying on giveaways and word of mouth. Since most of us are tapped out on giveaways, that makes it even worse.

also: 0.00000001 is a "prebit"

alsoalso: this dump (could) be a good thing as long as it isn't the same people buying it. It will help distribution spread further. Although admittedly it's sad to see people getting out, the people getting out were only in for a quick buck in the first place, so good riddance.

In any case, lets get the core members together, along with the stakeholders and do another brainstorm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:21:24 PM

Another "PMC stakeholder" brainstorming session would probably help some. Last time we did that we produced some decent results.

It really isn't that we aren't talking in the thread about "what's next" for premine. The fact is that we've already done them and we are being stonewalled or ignored. At the same time there are 10-20 new coins per day, some with massive advertising budgets. Everybody seems to be watching for the next big thing. This puts us in a tough spot since we were relying on giveaways and word of mouth. Since most of us are tapped out on giveaways, that makes it even worse.

also: 0.00000001 is a "prebit"

alsoalso: this dump (could) be a good thing as long as it isn't the same people buying it. It will help distribution spread further. Although admittedly it's sad to see people getting out, the people getting out were only in for a quick buck in the first place, so good riddance.

In any case, lets get the core members together, along with the stakeholders and do another brainstorm.

Sounds good to me, Dev, Count me in.

PMC isn't doing anything wrong. It's trying to wade through a tide of new altcoins that are sucking up all the attention. It's that get-rich quick mentality that is making it so difficult to get noticed. PMC should focus on what it does differently and expand on that.

It seems what people want nowadays isn't innovation but novelty. How about we push for some blog articles about PMC? We spoke about it in IRC some time ago. I'd be happy to contact a few blogs if we can get a list together.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:25:51 PM

PMC isn't doing anything wrong. It's trying to wade through a tide of new altcoins that are sucking up all the attention. It's that get-rich quick mentality that is making it so difficult to get noticed. PMC should focus on what it does differently and expand on that.

I truly feel this way.

creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:10:50 PM

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do

http://blockchain.premineco.in/wallet/index.php?min=500

note: THIS LIST ONLY UPDATES 1X PER DAY
it is not realtime

Nullu

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:12:51 PM

it is not realtime

So, is this the PMC richlist?

creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:13:54 PM

it is not realtime

Technically it is the "everything" list, but the richlist is included.  Wink

Nullu

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:16:55 PM

it is not realtime

Technically it is the "everything" list, but the richlist is included.  Wink

I see.

It's interesting to look at. Is that 38k the faucet?

creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:21:07 PM

it is not realtime

Technically it is the "everything" list, but the richlist is included.  Wink

I see.

No, by tracing the blockchain, and with some help of another i was able to narrow it down to 2 people. I will say it is not me, but not much more.

The first thing that should jump out you (but didn't to me until it was pointed out) is; 102 addresses with balance greater than 1000 seen on the network:

Technically PMC is still in pre-distribution phase... It helps to clarify just HOW FEW premines there are.

Nullu

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:23:17 PM

it is not realtime

I see.

No, by tracing the blockchain, and with some help of another i was able to narrow it down to 2 people. I will say it is not me, but not much more.

Ah. So a big holder then. That's a lot of PMC, I have to say. Still, PMC is still better distributed than NXT!

Also; thanks to whoever donated 2.60 PMC to the block rewarder. It'll add a few more days to its running.  Smiley

I'm going to have to think about moving the block rewarder to a permanent server soon. I'm not mining much on this machine any more, and I am happy to keep it running for as long as I can afford to.

creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:26:49 PM

it is not realtime

I see.

Ah. So a big holder then. That's a lot of PMC, I have to say. Still, PMC is still better distributed than NXT!

Also; thanks to whoever donated 2.60 PMC to the block rewarder. It'll add a few more days to its running.  Smiley

I'm going to have to think about moving the block rewarder to a permanent server soon. I'm not mining much on this machine any more, and I am happy to keep it running for as long as I can afford to.

102 ADDRESSES (102 people MAX but not likely) own 423904.7064 PMC

alarming....

shanent

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:29:40 PM

it is not realtime

Oh wow...cool.

I feel poor looking at this chart but i'm happy to be in the first 100 addresses Smiley

btw i'm also available for a summit.

Print yOur PreMineCoin CaLenDar  PMC(φ) 16z7TSgoXRTepHFT1CEBXA3j5jWVQ2uADL  BTC 1AeMvtC9nhboL7fSMkyNykW864rEQWUjQC
Nullu

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:31:01 PM

it is not realtime

I see.

alarming....

That's on par with BTC and NXT, isn't it? Yes, it's a lot of be held by 100 or so addresses, but I am not at all surprised. Isn't that sort of a good sign, though? I mean they aren't dumping.

As long as PMC continues to have community support, the market will play out however it plays out. I would like to see more PMC out on the market though. Maybe some of those people will dump, and when they do the price will decrease, but more PMC will enter the market.

shanent

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:33:09 PM

That's on par with BTC and NXT, isn't it? Yes, it's a lot of be held by 100 or so addresses, but I am not at all surprised. Isn't that sort of a good sign, though? I mean they aren't dumping.

Yup, but probably many of these addresses with more than 10k are the ones that dump the market down. They bought PMC extremely cheap and also with the current price they earn.

Print yOur PreMineCoin CaLenDar  PMC(φ) 16z7TSgoXRTepHFT1CEBXA3j5jWVQ2uADL  BTC 1AeMvtC9nhboL7fSMkyNykW864rEQWUjQC
Nullu

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:39:49 PM

Yup, but probably many of these addresses with more than 10k are the ones that dump the market down. They bought PMC extremely cheap and also with the current price they earn.

I'm not sure what can be done about that, then.

Although, I've been musing about the idea of a PMC fork into a new coin; PMC would run alongside it, but this new coin would work like so;

Instead of coins getting a "stake", they get the opposite; an anti-stake. So if the coins age to 30 days, you actually lose a percentage of coins, and they appear back on the network as the next block reward. The only way to prevent this would be to reset the age of your coins by moving them to another address. Also, the more of the coin you hold, the more anti-stake you lose to the network.

Sort of an AntiHoardCoin. It would run alongside PMC, but it would be based on a model that would punish big holders. There would be less coins circulating due to lower adoption, but the coins would circulate very regularly as block rewards.

You *could* do this with PMC, and it would be extremely interesting to watch what would happen, but it would require overwhelming community support.

creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:42:22 PM

it is not realtime

I see.

alarming....

That's true, yes. A 2-edge sword really. Personally I think the coin will need to circulate MUCH deeper for the coin to be considered a good experiment of bitcoins future and it's bound to happen eventually. Hopefully it isn't the same people buying PMC at such low prices, because perhaps a correction will help get the coins into the hands of other people. However optimistic that sounds, what is more likely the case is that the people buying PMC at low prices are the people who already know about PMC. Interesting phenomenon.

That being said; as long as the coin has a usefulness it will create demand and therefore be used. The supply in actual circulation vs. the supply in the hands of people who don't sell PMC low is what makes things tick in the long run.

Nullu

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:46:20 PM

it is not realtime

I see.

alarming....

That's true, yes. A 2-edge sword really. Personally I think the coin will need to circulate MUCH deeper for the coin to be considered a good experiment of bitcoins future and it's bound to happen eventually. Hopefully it isn't the same people buying PMC at such low prices, because perhaps a correction will help get the coins into the hands of other people. However optimistic that sounds, what is more likely the case is that the people buying PMC at low prices are the people who already know about PMC. Interesting phenomenon.

That being said; as long as the coin has a usefulness it will create demand and therefore be used. The supply in actual circulation vs. the supply in the hands of people who don't sell PMC low is what makes things tick in the long run.

If I knew the coins I was making available as block rewards were ending up in lots of new hands rather than a few big miners I would be happy to increase the rewards, but at the moment I do not know if that is the case. The main faucet is currently down, and Musent, who came out guns blazing when I called him out for moving all the coins and not telling us why the faucet went down is unlikely to make those coins available to the faucet. If it ever goes back up at all.

If I have to, I will speak to a faucet developer myself and offer a PMC bounty for it to be built. I will put my own PMC into its running.

I said all along that hoarders would be the ones to kill PMC, and that is a continued threat to PMC. It annoys me knowing the greedy just do not get the point; if there aren't enough coins circulating their coins are worthless.

ldr77

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:59:13 PM

Long-time lurker on this thread, first-time poster; following brought me out of hiding...

Although, I've been musing about the idea of a PMC fork into a new coin; PMC would run alongside it, but this new coin would work like so;

That sounds like the best idea i've read on the altcoin forum in ages and sounds like a very effective way to achieve a more equal distribution.
Legcorner

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:03:58 PM

Long-time lurker on this thread, first-time poster; following brought me out of hiding...

That sounds like the best idea i've read on the altcoin forum in ages and sounds like a very effective way to achieve a more equal distribution.

sounds like Freicoin
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Freicoin
ldr77

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:05:47 PM

^ But without the miners.
creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:09:05 PM

sounds like Freicoin
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Freicoin

It sounded a lot like Freicoin to me as well, but if I'm not mistaken, the collections go back to "the foundation" with Freicoin.

Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 411 »
  Print  

Jump to: