Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:54:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 411 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PMC] Premine Coin | Rare | Mining Transaction Fee Proof of Concept  (Read 382860 times)
creditcoin_CRD (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:53:15 AM

If there is anybody out there that can help me build a pool, please PM me. I have tried ciphering the directions myself, but it seems like I am in over my head. If you are wondering why on earth I'm trying to make a pool for PMC I can explain everything via PM. I will gladly pay a bounty in PMC (or) BTC - no problem. I can also provide all of the servers etc.

Much thanks!

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ait

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:40:07 AM

You can prevent a large portion of double dippers by requiring bct usernames with X amounts of posts already, and then scanning the block explorer for the history of the address. While you can still get around this, its significantly more work to make 10 meaningful posts on a new account and create a new address just for a microPMC or two.

This was my thoughts exactly. 1 claim per account created before this month with at least 10 activity.

In this way we might have a handful of "double-dippers" but not on a large enough scale that it would skew the rewards in any one persons favor.

Well hello my new best friend   Tongue

For me giving out small amounts is purely about spreading the concept of PMC to a wider audience, pure and simple. (so pure apparently that I used the word twice  Grin)

An idea that I like, (not mine, I've seen other coins do this), would to be to host a 'PMCs for Answers' thread on Reddit.  People ask a question about PMC and they receive PMCs in return, along with an answer...the better questions receive extra PMCs 9this is to stop people just asking the same ones...they'll make an effort to get more PMCs).  You need Reddit tip bot an someone willing to start an active PMC community on Reddit around the questions thread.

For me this achieves a couple of things - it reaches a wider audience and it will clear up a lot of the misconceptions about the coin.  It will also explain how the idea of transactions fees work and how having this experiment could benefit BTC and BTC clones.

It will then act as a reference link for when the same questions are posted here.

Hey there  Cheesy
one thing that comes to mind is really how many questions are there to be asked about PMC in general?

Most questions would be pretty basic. I liken the current state of PMC to NXT. The distribution has ended, there is no way for new players to get in other than to buy them. Why should they buy them?
0 inflation (all coins are already in existence)
not wasting massive amounts of electricity
pretty damn equal distribution unlike NXT where a few addresses hold like 70% of all coins.

Why should we give them away at this point? For example, if you asked people to give away bitcoin what would they say? They would say buy them or mine them, both of which require spending money in exchange for the coin.

So this is where we are.
What is the point of buying a coin if you are continually expected to give it away?
Rather than give away we should be making gentlemens agreements not to sell. If no one is selling then even small buys will raise the price.

You'd be surprised about the questions thread, I've seen it work amazingly well with other Cryptos which are a lot more straightforward than PMC.  But it does require a lot of maintaining in order to build up a reddit community around it, otherwise it can easily die.

Personally I have no problem with people taking one or two PMCs then trading them...as we need PMC to be actively traded, the worst thing in the world is a crypto market with no activity at all.  So maybe for every ten people you give some to, just one considers finding out more and holding/buying/using.  It can be pointed out that, as it is being distributed, those that want to sell straightaway often just go for the top buy price, so there are bargains to be had for those who want to buy PMC during a giveaway period too.

It is also worth splitting it up into a couple of giveaways...building interest while the word gets out.

Also maybe a couple of posts in the main BTC forums discussing whether PMC is BTC's future?  Is it's lack of trading at the moment showing that it has turned into a commodity, being held by a few and not being traded by the masses.  Like many political systems, will Cryptos, despite their claims of freedom, just end up in the hands of another oligarchy in some shape or form...an oligarchy which can manipulate things to benefit it's own interest.

Anyway that's enough philosophising...as my new best friend what movie shall we go see at the weekend?  Wink

PreMineCoin # 100% Distribution # 0% Inflation
PMC: 1F7agvGdq8UALQ5tVrGejjfxjRkgSr4E4b
PXL: 1BuGVeYanmB1FNuV6QBAvZqsZKDFnV8rjU
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:12:52 AM

I try to buy and sell PMC.. but now i am stuck again with 1500 PMC in the exchange.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
Ait

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:18:53 AM

I try to buy and sell PMC.. but now i am stuck again with 1500 PMC in the exchange.

Yes it's tricky with such an unpredictable market as you have to move your buys and sells up and down with the peaks and troughs, which requires a certain amount of babysitting.

When it moves too fast against you, you just have to place confidence in the maths and trade at a loss to get back in again.  Or just avoid it altogether if you mainly make losses!  I knew maths was going to be helpful for something.  Smiley

PreMineCoin # 100% Distribution # 0% Inflation
PMC: 1F7agvGdq8UALQ5tVrGejjfxjRkgSr4E4b
PXL: 1BuGVeYanmB1FNuV6QBAvZqsZKDFnV8rjU
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:44:13 AM

Is there anyone here who makes 3d print?

I would be interested to buy 3d print objects and pay you PMC. I saw this idea in the NXT forum, someone is auctioning sterling silver cpu 3d print for NXT.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
elrapido80

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:18:26 AM

Where is this IRC channel? Or maybe some of us can get together on Skype? Add me if you want, elrapido80.
shanent

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:01:51 AM

Hi shanent.  I just became PremineCoin's 39th subscriber on Reddit and was thinking back to our conversations about 10 days back over at ThisWeeksCoin....

Would you be interested in doing a promotion/giveaway and make Preminecoin, the Featured coin of the Day at www.cryptosandwich.com?  I want to focus the post on how rare Preminecoin is and that the price doesn't seem to reflect this.  

CryptoSandwich would list PMC's Giveaway on Reddit, Twitter, Behind the Coin, SCForum, ThisWeeksCoin, AltcoinGiveaways, ECoiner, CryptoRun and CoinZen and several well-traveled locations on Facebook.

CryptoSandwich has built our loyal, giveaway hungry, coin-fanatic base to about 300 unique visitors per day.  We only work with coins that was arer are buying or holding.  We think that we can further increase the size of the PMC follower community, attain Facebook likers, Reddit Subscribers and/or help vote you onto more exchanges through incentives.

We think that by raising the awareness of PMC's rarity and increasing the size of the both it's community and demand, that total supply 500,000 may be more accurately reflected with an increase in price.

http://crypt.la/2014/03/01/top-100-digital-currencies-by-social-media-presence/

Please let me know if you're interested!

JDS1000/CryptoSandwich

Hey JDS you're welcome here. Yesterday when you write i was sleeping but your help would be much appreciated.

In these days we are arguing to make a PMC giveaway as soon as possible but nothing decided till now.

We need to have more followers but more than this, more PMC believers and not people that dump coins quickly.

I would to know the opinion of other members but for me there is no problem to "hire" you for the promotion.

Print yOur PreMineCoin CaLenDar  PMC(φ) 16z7TSgoXRTepHFT1CEBXA3j5jWVQ2uADL  BTC 1AeMvtC9nhboL7fSMkyNykW864rEQWUjQC
Seidr

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:15:39 AM

Where is this IRC channel? Or maybe some of us can get together on Skype? Add me if you want, elrapido80.

The IRC channel should be : #premine.
shanent

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:19:17 AM

The IRC channel should be : #premine.

Yes, go here http://webchat.freenode.net/

channel #premine

Print yOur PreMineCoin CaLenDar  PMC(φ) 16z7TSgoXRTepHFT1CEBXA3j5jWVQ2uADL  BTC 1AeMvtC9nhboL7fSMkyNykW864rEQWUjQC
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:06:57 AM

Looks like someone gave up on PMC and dumped it all...
Cheap PMC available @ Poloniex!

I think we will be fine eventually... but after Poloniex's BTC hack volume is killing us... Now .08 BTC moves markets...

Perhaps if the kids are done playing we can work on something new.

So.... here is idea number one:

They are now selling empty BTC coins that you fill yourself..
@ Casacius Coin..

"Aluminum "Strength in Numbers" Promo Coin (bag of about 500) FREE POSTAL SHIPPING
1.25 inches in diameter, blank back, does not include any bitcoins. Print your own sticker for the back and use it as a business card, or print your own private key sticker and put bitcoins on it. "  for 0.25 BTC

Can we imprint the PMC Logo instead ( The Andriod App One ), get some blank disks... and there is your newest giveaway...
We could load PMC on these...

The man's name @ BitcoinTalk   is  'casascius'

500 coins for 0.25 BTC works out to .0005 each or slightly less than 1 PMC...  basically it would cost about 2 PMC for a 1 PMC physical coin...

I think it would be neat....  There are lots of coin manufacterers we could also look elsewhere...

These coins are PMC AND BTC coins. We fill em with some PMC and that is a distribution method... people can also use them as a BTC savings account.

Just an idea...

shanent

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:24:49 AM

Looks like someone gave up on PMC and dumped it all...
Cheap PMC available @ Poloniex!

I think we will be fine eventually... but after Poloniex's BTC hack volume is killing us... Now .08 BTC moves markets...

Perhaps if the kids are done playing we can work on something new.

So.... here is idea number one:

They are now selling empty BTC coins that you fill yourself..
@ Casacius Coin..

"Aluminum "Strength in Numbers" Promo Coin (bag of about 500) FREE POSTAL SHIPPING
1.25 inches in diameter, blank back, does not include any bitcoins. Print your own sticker for the back and use it as a business card, or print your own private key sticker and put bitcoins on it. "  for 0.25 BTC

Can we imprint the PMC Logo instead ( The Andriod App One ), get some blank disks... and there is your newest giveaway...
We could load PMC on these...

The man's name @ BitcoinTalk   is  'casascius'

500 coins for 0.25 BTC works out to .0005 each or slightly less than 1 PMC...  basically it would cost about 2 PMC for a 1 PMC physical coin...

I think it would be neat....  There are lots of coin manufacterers we could also look elsewhere...

These coins are PMC AND BTC coins. We fill em with some PMC and that is a distribution method... people can also use them as a BTC savings account.

Just an idea...

I like it, keep it in the next things to do Smiley

fipsminingod

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:32:58 AM

hello there! i just heared about premine and i love the concept! i really would like to get into it and get some PMC, but the faucet is down and i kind of dont want to create another account on an exchange. (dont trust poloniex somehow)
somebody wants to tip some PMC my way? that would be great, since u guys have 100% of it  Wink

1MCjsNMexwcBzC8Wh3kYU2jQUvefvTugYy

thx in advance and sorry for my english, its not my first language
cheers, fips

Edit: i will also spread the word of this coin and share it with my friends and family!
shanent

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:51:41 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 05:31:11 PM by shanent

VOTE FOR PMC HERE

Coinex https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291647.760

Bter https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502363.0

peerbet/bit777 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280487.0

Vote BTC-38 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501963.0

Mintpal http://mintpal.com/voting

NEW   Bittrex https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=510676.0

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:55:08 AM

hello there! i just heared about premine and i love the concept! i really would like to get into it and get some PMC, but the faucet is down and i kind of dont want to create another account on an exchange. (dont trust poloniex somehow)
somebody wants to tip some PMC my way? that would be great, since u guys have 100% of it  Wink

cheers, fips

Edit: i will also spread the word of this coin and share it with my friends and family!

I'll tip you a few when I get home tonight.  Smiley

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
shanent

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:02:54 PM

cheers, fips

I'll tip you a few when I get home tonight.  Smiley

And if you came here in a month with the proof that you've not dumped your coins i will double PMC sent by Nullu.

Nullu

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:03:57 PM

cheers, fips

I'll tip you a few when I get home tonight.  Smiley

And if you came here in a month with the proof that you've not dumped your coins i will double PMC sent by Nullu.

The PMC community supports one another. We have no interests in dumpers. PMC is far too rare for that.

fipsminingod

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:26:59 PM

somebody wants to tip some PMC my way? that would be great, since u guys have 100% of it  Wink

cheers, fips

The PMC community supports one another. We have no interests in dumpers. PMC is far too rare for that.
Wow! thx guys! its great to see the community beeing so friendly and supportive! that made my day!
but dont worry, i will not dump this coin! like u said: its fare too rare for that!
and to be honest: i dont dump at all. i'm a long-term-miner and learned my lesson dumping doge at 20 sat ^^
since then im holding every coin i get (some of them in multiple wallets for siblings, girlfriend, etc.) just for the chance it could be BIG in the future and i got a strong feeling with PMC Wink
Nullu

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:31:23 PM

somebody wants to tip some PMC my way? that would be great, since u guys have 100% of it  Wink

cheers, fips

Wow! thx guys! its great to see the community beeing so friendly and supportive! that made my day!
but dont worry, i will not dump this coin! like u said: its fare too rare for that!
and to be honest: i dont dump at all. i'm a long-term-miner and learned my lesson dumping doge at 20 sat ^^
since then im holding every coin i get (some of them in multiple wallets for siblings, girlfriend, etc.) just for the chance it could be BIG in the future and i got a strong feeling with PMC Wink

Yeah, it's a great community here. PMC will only be a success if it is in many hands, and once the true value is realised everyone will benefit. For a coin that has a total supply of less than 500,000 it's still extremely cheap. Premine is one to hold long-term.

ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 01:23:57 PM

In regards to giveaways and new promotions, we should probably have a presence on some of the other altcoin forum sites and not just bct. I feel wed get Kore new guys is we stop giveaways here and have them elsewhere so we aren't just feeding the same guys over and over. While I'm sure some btc users us the other sites not every member if the other sites use btc.

Hell go to Engadget and arstechnica, etc and start a giveaway in the comments section of bitcoin/ Dogecoin articles. Its relevant enough not to be spam if handled right.
Just related it; Find an article about a bitcoin bug, start inviting people to join PMC to stop future bugs.
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Bass Player

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:25:37 PM

Look for non-american sites... Germany, South Korea, etc... to do a giveaway...

Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 411 »
  Print  

Jump to: