Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:56:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiBit  (Read 336095 times)
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:48:57 PM

Can I back it up through the client? Because when I manually backed it up with 2 wallets only 1 followed when I tested removing the roaming.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gpguy94114

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:32:01 AM

I know that this is probably off topic, but,  after upgrading to MB 5.18 one of my wallets has an unknown password.  Since there are no "hash" marks or asterisks I am not even sure how many characters there are...  I have restarted 5 times with no improvement, tried all of my passwords, even my 256 bit password, with no good results.  Is there anyway of "deleting" said unknown password?  Or finding whatever it may be?
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 12:52:05 PM

The only place in MB where the password is added (i.e. the private keys are encrypted) is in the 'File | Add password' menu option.
You can use any character in the password (any Unicode) so hashes or asterisks would be acceptable.

For security reasons you cannot remove a password if you do not know it.
In the next version of MultiBit there is password recovery (from your seed phrase) but that does not exist in MultiBit Classic.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Terwa

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:54:29 PM

I cant put label in my adress :/
what can i do?
allgoodthings1

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:12:27 PM

I cant put label in my adress :/
what can i do?
Label and address are two separate things. The "address" is a long string of characters that identifies transactions on the blockchain.  One is furnished to you if you're setting up to receive bitcoin; if you're setting up to pay, you copy and paste the address given you for that transaction by its payee.  The "label" is for your recordkeeping use only.  It's any notation you want to use to identify where you're sending bitcoin to or from where you're receiving it.

IRS 501(c)(3) Public Charities That Accept Bitcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758674.0
Avoid U.S. Taxes on Bitcoin. Give to Charity. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=627860.0
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 03:22:22 PM

I can't see the place to import private key. The help contents are about Multibit not Multibit HD. Please update and please help me in this. Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=777440.

~~MZ~~

allgoodthings1

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:36:01 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 03:49:02 PM by allgoodthings1

Unless you're doing pre-release testing, the old 5.18 Multibit should be what you're using, and that's the one written up in the Help menus.  Maybe this will help you?  https://multibit.org/blog/2014/04/28/private-key-safety-improvements.html  also  https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_importingPrivateKeys.html

If you are doing pre-release testing of the HD version, you should address all of those questions on the special forum for that.  This forum is for the standard version.

IRS 501(c)(3) Public Charities That Accept Bitcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758674.0
Avoid U.S. Taxes on Bitcoin. Give to Charity. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=627860.0
Lowell904

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:46:54 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 01:57:05 AM by Lowell904

I had a transaction not show up to my multibit wallet. ID# 53e1a0fd96b4324921e96b03c212d8667f9583df741574ab1cefe306ec7e256a

Blockchain has it confirmed, but the transaction never showed up to the wallet.

I don't understand how this is possible. Can anyone here provide any input?

Edit: After I loaded multibit from a USB it showed up. All better now.
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:35:49 PM

The next time you could try a reset of the blockchain under Tools.

@Jim: Where did you get the pickaxe picture for mined bitcoins from? It look a lot like the minecraft diamond pickaxe Wink
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:38:31 AM

I will never use multibit again after the news and comments been reading regarding so many wallets been hacked and lost funds. Not sure how this has happened but decided to move my coin from multibit back over to normal wallet and android and paper wallets. Seems too much is going on with 3rd party clients. Just hope it gets fixed as might conceder in the future as  BTC client for pc and android is stupidly big in data.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:42:10 AM

I will never use multibit again after the news and comments been reading regarding so many wallets been hacked and lost funds. Not sure how this has happened but decided to move my coin from multibit back over to normal wallet and android and paper wallets. Seems too much is going on with 3rd party clients. Just hope it gets fixed as might conceder in the future as  BTC client for pc and android is stupidly big in data.

Hacked wallets what now? Can anybody summarize Huh

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:48:43 AM

Hacked wallets what now? Can anybody summarize Huh

Ill summarize for you. Simply my friend used for online payments for different sites he was using. Everything was working fine. A few more weeks later noticed a few problems wallet wouldn't load proper so he cleared everything out but backing up wallet and restoring. After updating his account balance across 3 of the addresses he had on it was cleaned out and he never withdrew the coins from wallet. When chain finished updating and doing what it needed to noticed a bunch of small transactions go out of his account somewhere totally random and lost his coins. it wasn't much luck but seems its iver to do with the sites he was using or multbit and I have heard other problems alike or not been able to use proper or some sort of issues along the way of using multi bit

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Orbiter

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:27:04 AM

Getting a SSL error when trying to connect to https://multibit.org on two different computers/connections. What's up?
f3tus

Activity: 317
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:00:10 AM

Ill summarize for you. Simply my friend used for online payments for different sites he was using. Everything was working fine. A few more weeks later noticed a few problems wallet wouldn't load proper so he cleared everything out but backing up wallet and restoring. After updating his account balance across 3 of the addresses he had on it was cleaned out and he never withdrew the coins from wallet. When chain finished updating and doing what it needed to noticed a bunch of small transactions go out of his account somewhere totally random and lost his coins. it wasn't much luck but seems its iver to do with the sites he was using or multbit and I have heard other problems alike or not been able to use proper or some sort of issues along the way of using multi bit
Those are user faults, not MultiBit's faults. Your friend's PC got hacked, not MultiBit.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2058

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:59:25 AM

https://multibit.org/ is not opening. What's the problem?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Orbiter

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:11:21 PM

Where do we download the software while the website is non-operational?
allgoodthings1

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:42:20 AM

Electrum is probably as good a choice as any, if you really CAN'T wait.  Here's the "official list" of candidates: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:07:13 AM

Anyone having trouble getting there website to load?
allgoodthings1

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:13:43 AM

Everyone.  That's the thing about the Internet.  If it's not working for the half dozen that have written about it already today, then it's probably now working for anybody.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:18:57 AM

Everyone.  That's the thing about the Internet.  If it's not working for the half dozen that have written about it already today, then it's probably now working for anybody.

Ya. What gives Multibit website?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: