Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:52:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226224 times)
mycointr

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:14:31 PM

I hate to see it go on an exchange so soon, because it will attract mining profiteers and squeeze out low hashrate players as the big guys can hedge between the top n profitable coins, whereas the little guys have no such option. I would suggest it more fair to keep it low profile for at least a little while where it can be accumulated by people who actually believe in the coin, rather than dumpsters.

If you feel it imperative to get on an exchange within -- what's it been? 10 days? -- just to put a valuation on it (or dump it), it indicates you don't have faith in the inherent value of the coin. I'm nearly certain this is not the case, as everyone involved seems sincere, but still, what is the argument for getting it on an exchange now instead of one month from now? The dev's energy should be focused on finalizing the algo and learning how to produce a Windows wallet in-house before they even consider an exchange.

If a new coin with tiny circulation hits an exchange, the buy/sell columns are going to be barren resulting in anemic volume. People are not going to think "Oooooh! Rare! Gimme!" they're going to think "deathspiral crapcoin." This isn't a coin like 42 where its whole schtick is simply being rare; people aren't going to come here an be mathed at, they're going to move on to something else.u

Remember, when the Teeming Masses aren't bleating on about rarity, inflation, scamcoins, economics, and the frustration that Alts aren't take seriously, they're trading DOGE.

Take this criticism as "Tough Love."  Smiley

Replying from mobile, excuse any spelling errors.

I fully agree with this.  I personally would like to see us get the alert system working (I've been making some progress), get the configs for P2Pool actually right (0btc and I are working on this), cross compilation for different operating systems working, and most of all, we need to stabilize the network.  Too often people are getting on wrong forks, and not updating. This should be the top priority, in my opinion. We need to isolate the cause and origin of the forks, and fix it. I've got a list of suspect nodes on my laptop that I'll update this port with later.

Oh man... you guys are going to hate me... Roll Eyes I had sent an email to https://poloniex.com/ and they informed me (literately 10 min before this was posted by Molitor) that CGA was the next coin on there list to put on there exchange... I could email them and ask for a delay if that is what the majority wants.

Yes, please do delay it indefinitely until the community decides it is ready. It will be damaging for it to be on an exchange so early.

I sent an email asking for the delay.

as many coins coming out everyday,
there may not room for this again.
u refused 'once in a life' chance,
you may regret what you did today.
a coin which don't have-want Exchange-trade is nothing in my eyes.
stopped mining it.
good luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crike

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:16:40 PM

People want to trade this coin whether you like it or not. It would be better if its added to exchange so people dont get scammed trading here on forums. So, lets get it added to Poloniex.

BTC: 19GwYWZjY3RczZFCS7S64AikrARuyZ7Zoc
chowmeow

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:24:02 PM

as many coins coming out everyday,
there may not room for this again.
u refused 'once in a life' chance,
you may regret what you did today.
a coin which don't have-want Exchange-trade is nothing in my eyes.
stopped mining it.
good luck.

don't let the door hit you etc. etc. etc.
chickenliver503

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:26:49 PM

People want to trade this coin whether you like it or not. It would be better if its added to exchange so people dont get scammed trading here on forums. So, lets get it added to Poloniex.
+ 1 i am just hoarding coins, it would be nice just to sell a few and get some money for them to cover my bills but if not we need to set goals and a set a date on when we are ready to get on a exchange. i support this coin 100 % too
Molitor

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:27:26 PM

I hate to see it go on an exchange so soon, because it will attract mining profiteers and squeeze out low hashrate players as the big guys can hedge between the top n profitable coins, whereas the little guys have no such option. I would suggest it more fair to keep it low profile for at least a little while where it can be accumulated by people who actually believe in the coin, rather than dumpsters.

If you feel it imperative to get on an exchange within -- what's it been? 10 days? -- just to put a valuation on it (or dump it), it indicates you don't have faith in the inherent value of the coin. I'm nearly certain this is not the case, as everyone involved seems sincere, but still, what is the argument for getting it on an exchange now instead of one month from now? The dev's energy should be focused on finalizing the algo and learning how to produce a Windows wallet in-house before they even consider an exchange.

If a new coin with tiny circulation hits an exchange, the buy/sell columns are going to be barren resulting in anemic volume. People are not going to think "Oooooh! Rare! Gimme!" they're going to think "deathspiral crapcoin." This isn't a coin like 42 where its whole schtick is simply being rare; people aren't going to come here an be mathed at, they're going to move on to something else.

Remember, when the Teeming Masses aren't bleating on about rarity, inflation, scamcoins, economics, and the frustration that Alts aren't take seriously, they're trading DOGE.

Take this criticism as "Tough Love."  Smiley

if there won't be an Exchange, people start to ask themselves why am i wasting my hash?
and coin will die in less than a month..

If would suggest that if everyone here bails because they can't dump their coins for one entire month, then it deserves to die.

tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:31:39 PM

With all due respect, my stance is that the coin is not yet ready for primetime and needs more work. People can trade with or without exchanges, and the risk they accept is one that is also present with an exchange (though somewhat less, depending on the authenticity of the exchange). I've been involved with the other pool owners and s4w3d0ff (all great people, by the way), and the amount of effort going into making this coin succeed is tremendous. I'm talking with s4w3d0ff in IRC right now about a plan to stop forks, which I see as the biggest danger right now. If you (the reader) can provide a stable node that you will keep up to date and with enough resources (RAM/CPU/network), it would be great if you could set up the daemon client on there and share the IP with us so we can add it to the code. Right now, the only nodes hardcoded into the client are running on my dedicated server and s4w3d0ff's box. Putting us up on an exchange will bring more nodes, but we need those nodes before we can get there.

Feel free to join us in the IRC if you'd like to contribute to the forking battle. We're on freenode in #cganomaly.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:32:18 PM

No exchange yet, I would like to wait until one of my other coins goes up. Then I will have enough BTC to quietly buy all the cheap CGA from antsy miners in backroom forum deals and corner the market once it does hit an exchange.
Taint

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:35:35 PM

@S4w3d0ff Sorry for not replying last time; it was after Midnight so I'd gone to bed when you replied. I removed some nodes from my Config file and redownloaded the blockchain; which resolved my problem.

My Wallet is currently at block 11131 and I'm currently mining solo.

From 'getpeerinfo' I can see that these nodes are still running the wrong version:

I suspect they're the current causes of the fork. If anyone has these in their config files, I suggest removing them. Do we have any idea who the owners are?

Want Free Bitcoins? Try http://freebitco.in/?r=343120
chickenliver503

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:39:00 PM

it seem my two nodes i have been using work great with the new update 48.251.15.235  88.198.198.94 but it says i have 8 active connections.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:41:23 PM

@S4w3d0ff Sorry for not replying last time; it was after Midnight so I'd gone to bed when you replied. I removed some nodes from my Config file and redownloaded the blockchain; which resolved my problem.

From 'getpeerinfo' I can see that these nodes are still running the wrong version:

I suspect they're the current causes of the fork. If anyone has these in their config files, I suggest removing them. Do we have any idea who the owners are?

I am also connected to these two but I am not forking.
Taint

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:46:04 PM

I am also connected to these two but I am not forking.

I haven't forked this time either, but these three are not in my config file and I can't delete them using 'addnode <ip> remove'

I'm not sure how we get rid of them  Huh Huh

Want Free Bitcoins? Try http://freebitco.in/?r=343120
mycointr

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:48:05 PM

No exchange yet, I would like to wait until one of my other coins goes up. Then I will have enough BTC to quietly buy all the cheap CGA from antsy miners in backroom forum deals and corner the market once it does hit an exchange.

Selling 1 CGA for 0.035 btc or best offer,
12 CGA available
tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:51:54 PM

it seem my two nodes i have been using work great with the new update 48.251.15.235  88.198.198.94 but it says i have 8 active connections.
That's normal behavior. I believe the client is coded to limit itself to 8 connections by default, unless you raise it with -maxconnections.

I'm not sure there's any way to tell exactly who is causing the fork, but my current plan is to temporarily ban nodes running the old client via IP. The downside to this is that we'll effectively cripple their connection to the network, except for any connections they have added via addnode. I'd compare it to doing surgery on a cancer patient and cutting the blood supply to the tumor, but not removing it. Short of finding the owners and getting them to update (which may be practically impossible), this is the best option we have that I can think of.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:20:34 PM

12 CGA available

Post these kinda of things here please: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447573

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
mycointr

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:26:59 PM

12 CGA available

Post these kinda of things here please: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447573

already did it.
as your ''community'' don't want exchange yet, the ''miners'' who want to sell coins need to try every way to sell !!!
mycointr

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

12 CGA available

and i really couldn't understand why 2 people taken as ''community'',

if this coins community is 2 people, than nobody can blame us to try to dump coins and move on..
you made a mistake to delay exchange without a poll..
miner_andy

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:02:20 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 12:20:02 AM by miner_andy

My belief is that if it the coin doesn't hit any exchange, people will stop mining it, and coins will merely be exchanged for minimal amounts by those who have given up on the coin, to those who are already mining it.  People who missed out on the first week of mining may, unfortunately, look at is as a missed-opportunity.  There needs to be a public value on an exchange for there to be incentive for new members to mine it.

Having said that, it's just my 2 cents, and I'm absolutely not bothered, either way.
gargouri2001

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:04:18 PM

there can't be any real dumping considering that overall there is less than 8000 coin in the hole network
so dumping 10 or 100 or so is negligable
rfe3

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:20:07 PM

if this coins community is 2 people, than nobody can blame us to try to dump coins and move on..

Dude....Really!!! I don't think your qualified to make any judgment about this "Community". If you'd spend some time reading the 35 or so pages in this Thread you'd get a real idea of how many People have been here trying to help every day since the launch.... You've made more Posts on this thread today than in the last 9 days, and it seems the thought of not being able to Dump your Coins has sparked some kind of outrage...

I spent about 20 min. reading through your past Posts on Bitcointalk and the pattern is the same...You've been in on the launch of 10 or so Coins in the past month or so...Slagging off the ones that Pissed you off somehow and trying to buy in early and selling as quickly as possible to make a Profit... I quit reading on Page 6 or so because the Theme was repetitive. Don't get me wrong, there is absoutely nothing wrong with making a little Profit, everyone would like to make a little Profit sometime, but you haven't really been involved in any of the Coins you mine and Trade from the perspective of long term sustainability....Pump and Dump....Your proving it at the moment...
mycointr

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:31:54 PM

Dude....Really!!! I don't think your qualified to make any judgment about this "Community". If you'd spend some time reading the 35 or so pages in this Thread you'd get a real idea of how many People have been here trying to help every day since the launch.... You've made more Posts on this thread today than in the last 9 days, and it seems the thought of not being able to Dump your Coins has sparked some kind of outrage...

I spent about 20 min. reading through your past Posts on Bitcointalk and the pattern is the same...You've been in on the launch of 10 or so Coins in the past month or so...Slagging off the ones that Pissed you off somehow and trying to buy in early and selling as quickly as possible to make a Profit... I quit reading on Page 6 or so because the Theme was repetitive. Don't get me wrong, there is absoutely nothing wrong with making a little Profit, everyone would like to make a little Profit sometime, but you haven't really been involved in any of the Coins you mine and Trade from the perspective of long term sustainability....Pump and Dump....Your proving it at the moment...

i dont need to read, you need.
i'm here since start.
saw something new and mine till today..
even it launched without Windows wallet..

page 5 post#99
why without Windows wallet?  Huh
is it too hard to send code someone trustworthy to compile Windows wallet before launch?

it's true i try to mine every coins launch..
dump mostly if i don't see light anymore..
trade them if there is a light.
If these are 'coins', i'm performing simple economics..
and really i don't think you're qualified or smart enough to judge me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: