Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:40:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Androids Tokens v2.0 [Proof of Stake]  (Read 115738 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:46:25 AM

Is there an updated client? I notice I am using the old openSSL

isn't ssl shut off by default?  or is this something to worry about on adt?

OpenSSL helps secure your coins and recently a bug was found that could potentially leave you open to hacking attempts also known as the heartbleed bug.

The OpenSSL Project is a collaborative effort to develop a robust, commercial-grade, full-featured, and Open Source toolkit implementing the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v2/v3) and Transport Layer Security (TLS v1) protocols as well as a full-strength general purpose cryptography library. The project is managed by a worldwide community of volunteers that use the Internet to communicate, plan, and develop the OpenSSL toolkit and its related documentation.

OpenSSL is based on the excellent SSLeay library developed by Eric A. Young and Tim J. Hudson. The OpenSSL toolkit is licensed under an Apache-style licence, which basically means that you are free to get and use it for commercial and non-commercial purposes subject to some simple license conditions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:53:27 AM

OpenSSL helps secure your coins and recently a bug was found that could potentially leave you open to hacking attempts also known as the heartbleed bug.

The OpenSSL Project is a collaborative effort to develop a robust, commercial-grade, full-featured, and Open Source toolkit implementing the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v2/v3) and Transport Layer Security (TLS v1) protocols as well as a full-strength general purpose cryptography library. The project is managed by a worldwide community of volunteers that use the Internet to communicate, plan, and develop the OpenSSL toolkit and its related documentation.

OpenSSL is based on the excellent SSLeay library developed by Eric A. Young and Tim J. Hudson. The OpenSSL toolkit is licensed under an Apache-style licence, which basically means that you are free to get and use it for commercial and non-commercial purposes subject to some simple license conditions

I know about the heart bleed bug and I have talked to both the guys that made the new blockchain and it will be fine until the update that fixes the sync issues I am not going to do 2 patches when it can be done as a singe patch

as well as making it easier for the users not having to update 2 times it will also save time and money 

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:16:04 PM

My wallet has been out of sync for the last 14 hours since it staked some POS blocks.  Restarting the client hasn't help yet... 

Hopefully, you'll get this sorted out.

-tb-

can you do a screen snip as there are 2 similar issues and i am not sure what one you are having 

Here you go:  http://gyazo.com/6a406d222842006d173c2e5286819b88

Is this what you need?

-tb-

your best bet would be to download the chain I fix will be available soon

do you mean on the same pc or same network?

i only have one adt2 wallet open on one machine.... although there is another adt2 wallet on a different machine on the same network.

However this has not stopped them both staying in sync before.

So ADT2 is in sync for some people right now?

Let's get this coin going,

1. fixed so it actually works nicely, the code is solid since it is cgb but some bugs throwing it out of sync.

2. a main website

3. on coinmarket cap

4. a mutipool up and running for it

also get your coins on your local wallet... this will earn you stakes and secure the blockchain.

really we get these done we will see a big improvement, let's not leave this coin to flounder around.

Can we all pitch in some help for zack with these things?

Sad to go to all the work of bringing it over to a better code base to let it sink down.

Surely we can attract a decent multi pool op  for a % of the mined coins?

The community on here is quite small and quiet.... perhaps some marketing and giveaways too?

we needs something like the black coin pool.

there are people looking at the code so we should find the issues soon ( if someone cloned ADT and hasn't changed all the necessary stuff it could be causing the issue

website is being sorted but it will take some time

market cam have been messaged loads of times it seams they are more interested in coin that paid to be on there

multi pool could happen but it requires paying people

I am looking at all the options to raise funds as I can keep spending all my money on fixing everything ( over 10k so far )

ssl shouldn't be an issue at this time but it will be updated when there is a patch
Don't think this is my issue as I only have one wallet runnning and my PC is on the dmz so it's wide open.

-tb-

The other possibility is that someone has cloned ADT2 and has not changed all the needed stuff and its interfering with ADT ( just one of the things I am looking at

its also possible that its a windows issue or the port that ADT2 uses is blocked by some isp

I am looking into everything and talking to other people that might know what it is once the solution is found there will be an update that will also include a couple of other things/ fixes
My guess would be sabotage  Angry

that is possible but unlikely as its only affecting some people some of the time 

there is an option to raise some funds to get things moving ( sell some of the unclaimed coins ) but that would be stupid as they could still be clamed and the price is low so it would take a huge amount of them

I am looking at everything and it will get sorted I will be posting options as they are available

one of the bigger issues is that everyone wants everything sorted and done asap  but they don't want to pay towards it 

I seem to remember way back saying a fee system and Development Fund was needed to pay for future fixes and you were like "Nooo!!! I couldn't do that to everyone!" and I was like "Well then you will end up paying for everything"

Basically I'm trying to solve the proof of stake problem and just stare at code all day and will be getting into cloning and testing very soon, now that we have finished our website and I've reorganized our forums. This may help you with openSSL, it's a pretty quick fix.

I think maybe we should team up on this new coin and keep it closed source for a little while to prevent people from cloning it.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:20:46 PM

I know about the heart bleed bug and I have talked to both the guys that made the new blockchain and it will be fine until the update that fixes the sync issues I am not going to do 2 patches when it can be done as a singe patch

as well as making it easier for the users not having to update 2 times it will also save time and money 

I know you know, but it seemed like Cryptohunter didn't really know, you know?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:22:22 PM

isn't ssl shut off by default?  or is this something to worry about on adt?

Hi

Yeah i had heard about it, but i was told that most windows QT were not really open to this bug? because the ssl part was only activated if you chose it to be not by default.

Is this incorrect? are all wallet QT open to this bug be default?

When you said make it closed source... do you mean this coin or another new coin?

I have to agree if people cloning it keeps interfering with the sync then make it closed so they can not do this.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:29:33 PM

Hi

Yeah i had heard about it, but i was told that most windows QT were not really open to this bug? because the ssl part was only activated if you chose it to be not by default.

Is this incorrect? are all wallet QT open to this bug be default?

When you said make it closed source... do you mean this coin or another new coin?

I have to agree if people cloning it keeps interfering with the sync then make it closed so they can not do this.

Closed source of a different coin, I work with the Colossuscoin team. I haven't read too much into exactly how the bug could be exploited but I hear it's very hard to do if it can be done and I doubt they would go after ADT considering it's market cap is pretty low.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:37:01 PM

I'm trying to get to the root of the issues myself and it seems as if quite a few POS only coins may be affected. I took up a mint wallet today to sync from scratch and the further you get the slower it syncs. I think the entire POS code needs to be rewritten in how it connects to peers, syncs and verifies transactions.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:00:27 PM

I see, yes i have updated most wallets to the ssl bug free ones. I will do the rest soon just in case.

shame to see zack put so much effort it for these little bugs with pos hold it all back.

I can't sync either the adt1 or adt2 clients.

Would it help ad2 to have a miner left on it constantly or not?

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:41:04 PM

My wallet has been out of sync for the last 14 hours since it staked some POS blocks.  Restarting the client hasn't help yet...  

-tb-

can you do a screen snip as there are 2 similar issues and i am not sure what one you are having  

Here you go:  http://gyazo.com/6a406d222842006d173c2e5286819b88

Is this what you need?

-tb-

i only have one adt2 wallet open on one machine.... although there is another adt2 wallet on a different machine on the same network.

1. fixed so it actually works nicely, the code is solid since it is cgb but some bugs throwing it out of sync.

2. a main website

3. on coinmarket cap

also get your coins on your local wallet... this will earn you stakes and secure the blockchain.

really we get these done we will see a big improvement, let's not leave this coin to flounder around.

Sad to go to all the work of bringing it over to a better code base to let it sink down.

Surely we can attract a decent multi pool op  for a % of the mined coins?

The community on here is quite small and quiet.... perhaps some marketing and giveaways too?

there are people looking at the code so we should find the issues soon ( if someone cloned ADT and hasn't changed all the necessary stuff it could be causing the issue

market cam have been messaged loads of times it seams they are more interested in coin that paid to be on there

I am looking at all the options to raise funds as I can keep spending all my money on fixing everything ( over 10k so far )

ssl shouldn't be an issue at this time but it will be updated when there is a patch
Don't think this is my issue as I only have one wallet runnning and my PC is on the dmz so it's wide open.

-tb-

The other possibility is that someone has cloned ADT2 and has not changed all the needed stuff and its interfering with ADT ( just one of the things I am looking at

its also possible that its a windows issue or the port that ADT2 uses is blocked by some isp

I am looking into everything and talking to other people that might know what it is once the solution is found there will be an update that will also include a couple of other things/ fixes
My guess would be sabotage  Angry

that is possible but unlikely as its only affecting some people some of the time  

there is an option to raise some funds to get things moving ( sell some of the unclaimed coins ) but that would be stupid as they could still be clamed and the price is low so it would take a huge amount of them

I am looking at everything and it will get sorted I will be posting options as they are available

one of the bigger issues is that everyone wants everything sorted and done asap  but they don't want to pay towards it  

Hey i just read all of that ... don't know how i missed it.

Yes i totally agree with you that nobody wants to pitch in.

I suggest that we bring a dev on board for a share of the coins..... ie

Let's increase POS to 10% get some people holding their wallets open etc...  from that

50% to a new coin dev who can fix things up as we need.

50% to fund new projects.

Also let's get adt1 and adt2 synced up properly so we can switch our coins over. After 2 weeks more we use some of  the unclaimed coins for promotions and marketing rewards.

Multipool can be run by someone who keeps a cut of the mining %

website yes we need that up and and looking nice before we can start marketing hard.

We can push adt2 back to a good position but this needs to happen now. The longer we leave it floundering around broken like this the worse it becomes.

ADT2 can be a good coin we need to build the community up and get some activity in this thread.

If the new wallet has to remain closed source for now then so be it if people are cloning it and causing issues. Just release the new source to cryptsy and nobody else.

ADT (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:01:22 PM

My wallet has been out of sync for the last 14 hours since it staked some POS blocks.  Restarting the client hasn't help yet...  

-tb-

Here you go:  http://gyazo.com/6a406d222842006d173c2e5286819b88

Is this what you need?

-tb-

2. a main website

3. on coinmarket cap

Surely we can attract a decent multi pool op  for a % of the mined coins?

-tb-

My guess would be sabotage  Angry

one of the bigger issues is that everyone wants everything sorted and done asap  but they don't want to pay towards it  

Hey i just read all of that ... don't know how i missed it.

Yes i totally agree with you that nobody wants to pitch in.

I suggest that we bring a dev on board for a share of the coins..... ie

Let's increase POS to 10% get some people holding their wallets open etc...  from that

50% to a new coin dev who can fix things up as we need.

50% to fund new projects.

Also let's get adt1 and adt2 synced up properly so we can switch our coins over. After 2 weeks more we use some of  the unclaimed coins for promotions and marketing rewards.

Multipool can be run by someone who keeps a cut of the mining %

website yes we need that up and and looking nice before we can start marketing hard.

We can push adt2 back to a good position but this needs to happen now. The longer we leave it floundering around broken like this the worse it becomes.

ADT2 can be a good coin we need to build the community up and get some activity in this thread.

If the new wallet has to remain closed source for now then so be it if people are cloning it and causing issues. Just release the new source to cryptsy and nobody else.

Warning do not send any coins !
There is now a bigger issue than the sync one someone has clamed to have forked the coin and its looking like it is true Sad

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:35:36 PM

A new client will be available as soon as possible and cryptsy have been informed of the issue

This is all because i refused to pay protection money to the coin devs that make all the scam coins ( there is a group of less than 10 people making over 90% of all the new coins !

I will do all I can to get everything fixed ASAP so far it has cost me over 10k to keep ADT 2 going and i a loosing money by doing it Sad

To get this coin going well we need funds ( most of the scam coins have the funds to buy there way onto exchanges and they don't get forked by the assholes because they are the asshole )

There is a few options to raise funds to pay for everything

donations from users
donations of time from coders and users
selling unclaimed coins ( not a good option )
money from me ( already spent a fortune on this )

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:37:08 PM

voted, looks good.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:41:38 PM

A new client will be available as soon as possible and cryptsy have been informed of the issue

This is all because i refused to pay protection money to the coin devs that make all the scam coins ( there is a group of less than 10 people making over 90% of all the new coins !

I will do all I can to get everything fixed ASAP so far it has cost me over 10k to keep ADT 2 going and i a loosing money by doing it Sad

To get this coin going well we need funds ( most of the scam coins have the funds to buy there way onto exchanges and they don't get forked by the assholes because they are the asshole )

donations from users

how can we make it unbreakable?  which fucking tards are breaking this coin reveal their names.

Make it closed source if needs be.

we don't need new exchanges for now.

let's get the coin working and close the source off .... how are they breaking it over and over anyway?

ScoobyDood

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:45:10 PM

I see, yes i have updated most wallets to the ssl bug free ones. I will do the rest soon just in case.

shame to see zack put so much effort it for these little bugs with pos hold it all back.

I have a wallet open 24/7 (zero balance, not sure if that matters)
Zack,
Can you list address for lesser coins the community can send to you for donations. (i.e. I have wallets all over my desktop of crap coins)

And to whoever caused this know that karma will not be your friend, bad things are coming your way! MotherFucker! sp

poop
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:34:33 PM

donations from users

how can we make it unbreakable?  which fucking tards are breaking this coin reveal their names.

Make it closed source if needs be.

we don't need new exchanges for now.

let's get the coin working and close the source off .... how are they breaking it over and over anyway?

they used a new account with 0 posts to make the threat so no idea who it is

I have found 1 chain that looks like a time warp attack so that could be there plan

closed source wouldn't make a huge amount of difference a they could decompile the client make the changes needed then recompile

this is the first attack on ADT 2

i will be updating everyone tonight right now i am working on finding the correct blockchain so it can be hard forked back to the correct one

There are ways to make it harder to cause these issues and they will be done

I have a wallet open 24/7 (zero balance, not sure if that matters)
Zack,
Can you list address for lesser coins the community can send to you for donations. (i.e. I have wallets all over my desktop of crap coins)

And to whoever caused this know that karma will not be your friend, bad things are coming your way! MotherFucker! sp

can you let me know what block number you are on and type getcheckpoint into the console and let me know what pops up ?

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:48:07 PM

This is what I get :

{
"synccheckpoint" : "00000050725717cd011bf65e57ca4210a5a8f38b82a663ef2d2495f58e614e88",
"height" : 50754,
"timestamp" : "2014-04-13 09:59:54 UTC"
}

I guess now is not a good time to send ADT donation?

I'm on "blocks" : 50784

-tb-

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:52:05 PM

the best solution is here is for everyone to use connect=<checkpoint server ip> so that everyone stays with the correct chain

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:08:05 PM

the best solution is here is for everyone to use connect=<checkpoint server ip> so that everyone stays with the correct chain

the problem with that is it opens the checkpoint server to being hacked ( that happened to ADT 1 before ) if someone gets the privet they they could fork the blockchain and checkpoint the forks making it harder to find the right blockchain

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:17:58 PM

This is what I get :

{
"synccheckpoint" : "00000050725717cd011bf65e57ca4210a5a8f38b82a663ef2d2495f58e614e88",
"height" : 50754,
"timestamp" : "2014-04-13 09:59:54 UTC"
}

I guess now is not a good time to send ADT donation?

I'm on "blocks" : 50784

-tb-

thanks for that Smiley

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:25:13 PM

Now get me syncing. Big phat ADT donation awaits...   Wink

-tb-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: