Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:11:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Androids Tokens v2.0 [Proof of Stake]  (Read 115738 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:43:14 AM

Thanks for the reply Zack!

I will use the addnodes from the OP, but what is the name of the .conf ? Should I make it "AndroidsTokensv2.conf"  ?

Checked my wallet versus the block crawler, and it looks like I am indeed on the correct blockchain. Yay

yes it is androidstokensv2.conf I will add that into post 1 when I next log into the ADT account Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michael_phelps

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 09:26:17 AM

I will use the addnodes from the OP, but what is the name of the .conf ? Should I make it "AndroidsTokensv2.conf"  ?

Checked my wallet versus the block crawler, and it looks like I am indeed on the correct blockchain. Yay

yes it is androidstokensv2.conf I will add that into post 1 when I next log into the ADT account Smiley

I have successfully downloaded the ADTv2 blockchain!

Now I am trying to swap my v1 coins over to v2, but my ADTv1 wallet have no connection at all...

Is there an addnode or connect=<ip>  that is reliable and would allow me to download the v1 blockchain and send my balance to the swap address???

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:39:23 AM

I have successfully downloaded the ADTv2 blockchain!

Now I am trying to swap my v1 coins over to v2, but my ADTv1 wallet have no connection at all...

Is there an addnode or connect=<ip>  that is reliable and would allow me to download the v1 blockchain and send my balance to the swap address???

right now the swap program is offline as I don't want people losing coins due to forks ( it will be back online as soon as the ADTv2 patch is done )

if it is urgent for you to swap the coins over I can sort out a dedicated swap address for you and help you sort the blockchain download ( adt1 has a huge amount of issues that's why we swapped to the v2 chain and those issues include connection issues )

luckily the issue with v2 is a fairly simple fix and the patch will be finished soon

if you have any questions that need a fast response I an normally on the ADT forum chatbox  when I am sat at the computer 

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:25:28 PM

Mr SaveADT should use his real account instead of creating a new one.

You don't understand crypto or the politics of it, Zack has every right to hold his coins because he bought them and is working for the betterment of the coin. You shouldn't be hating on Zack, he's doing something when no one else is. Developers want to focus on their own Coin and not take over other coins because when things go wrong,  noobs will team up against the developers then complain when no developer wants to help a coin with problems. I suggest if you want to "Save ADT" that you learn about the Blockchain and come up with a positive solution.

For every 1,000,000,000 coins he has he will gain 500,000,000 coins over the next 12 months making him over 100 LTC at the current price and over 500LTC at 0.000001 LTC !

I also think any coins that have not been swapped should be destroyed as using them to fund projects or things like that is no different to pre mining a dev fund

I have not swapped mine over yet since there has been issues with adt1 syncing and the swap server being off line, the coins there can not have anything done with them until they are switched over.

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:06:39 PM

Mr SaveADT should use his real account instead of creating a new one.

You don't understand crypto or the politics of it, Zack has every right to hold his coins because he bought them and is working for the betterment of the coin. You shouldn't be hating on Zack, he's doing something when no one else is. Developers want to focus on their own Coin and not take over other coins because when things go wrong,  noobs will team up against the developers then complain when no developer wants to help a coin with problems. I suggest if you want to "Save ADT" that you learn about the Blockchain and come up with a positive solution.

For every 1,000,000,000 coins he has he will gain 500,000,000 coins over the next 12 months making him over 100 LTC at the current price and over 500LTC at 0.000001 LTC !

I also think any coins that have not been swapped should be destroyed as using them to fund projects or things like that is no different to pre mining a dev fund

I have not swapped mine over yet since there has been issues with adt1 syncing and the swap server being off line, the coins there can not have anything done with them until they are switched over.

the first adt2 block was on 2014-02-17 23:17:01 I said it will be a minimum of 6 months minimum before the coins are destroyed or used for what users want so you have plenty of time I will probably extend it by a month or 2 as this issue slowed things down

tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:44:25 PM

It's still unclear. Is cryptsy on the ADT 2.0 block chain or not?

That is, if I buy ADT from cryptsy, will it transfer to my 2.0 wallet?

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:12:47 PM

It's still unclear. Is cryptsy on the ADT 2.0 block chain or not?

That is, if I buy ADT from cryptsy, will it transfer to my 2.0 wallet?

cryptsy is on the v2 block chain I am awaiting a reply from them to find out if tx are paused do the the current issue once I know I will let everyone know

tx42

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:21:25 PM

BC seems to be the  most successful POS only coin right now, it's stake time is just hours. I think we need blocks staking faster to keep the chain moving and secured.

We can speed up the staking time right without increasing stake % per year?

I guess if we keep POW then we don't need to worry about that as much?

Wait, is this coin PoW/PoS or just PoS? Something isn't right on the OP, then: "[ANN] Androids Tokens v2.0 [Proof of Stake] [very low inflation]".

Is it 1 coin per block PoW, or what?

What does this mean: "Total coins 66,800,000,000  + 1.2% / year max"? Is that the PoW inflation or the PoS inflation, because PoS is supposed to be 2.5%.

This coin won't be a good investment if miners are minting coins hand over fist at low difficulty. Too many coin devs think that crazy mining helps a coin. It only hurts because the inflation is unreasonable relative to the work invested by the miners. There should be a balance and then mining should be discontinued when it isn't needed any more, as soon as possible. It is a point of attack and many coins have suffered.

Look at coin2. How did it fix it's vulnerabilities? It went to pure PoS. Problem solved. PoW is a security burden if it is not needed.

Finally: The idea to have short staking times is fine. The actual APR doesn't change by modifying the stake times. Take a lesson from blackcoin. It forces users to keep their wallets open and secure the network. Don't be fixated on an ideology. Look at results.

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:47:40 PM

BC seems to be the  most successful POS only coin right now, it's stake time is just hours. I think we need blocks staking faster to keep the chain moving and secured.

We can speed up the staking time right without increasing stake % per year?

I guess if we keep POW then we don't need to worry about that as much?

Wait, is this coin PoW/PoS or just PoS? Something isn't right on the OP, then: "[ANN] Androids Tokens v2.0 [Proof of Stake] [very low inflation]".

Is it 1 coin per block PoW, or what?

What does this mean: "Total coins 66,800,000,000  + 1.2% / year max"? Is that the PoW inflation or the PoS inflation, because PoS is supposed to be 2.5%.

This coin won't be a good investment if miners are minting coins hand over fist at low difficulty. Too many coin devs think that crazy mining helps a coin. It only hurts because the inflation is unreasonable relative to the work invested by the miners. There should be a balance and then mining should be discontinued when it isn't needed any more, as soon as possible. It is a point of attack and many coins have suffered.

Look at coin2. How did it fix it's vulnerabilities? It went to pure PoS. Problem solved. PoW is a security burden if it is not needed.

Finally: The idea to have short staking times is fine. The actual APR doesn't change by modifying the stake times. Take a lesson from blackcoin. It forces users to keep their wallets open and secure the network. Don't be fixated on an ideology. Look at results.

the op will be updated to the new settings when the patch is out that changes them as the settings in the op is correct at this time

over the last few days there has been a huge demand to change some of the core ADT code that includes the POW , POS and total coins

over the next 12 months there well be a maximum of 54.44% more coins generated by POS

POW will add another 2% onto that

being pure POS with no POW is an unproven concept that has net been tested as well as the POW/POS code I would like to do some of the things the newer coins are doing but I would rather they make the mistakes first and then when ADT adopts those things there will be less of a risk of doing something that will brake ADT or damage it in the future

originally ADT v1 was meant to have 180 bill total coins so we will not be hitting that number any time soon ( I will calculate the total coins and what not before the patch that changes the settings takes affect as at this time I only have an estimate )

lowering the stake time is a good idea and I would like to do it in the future but at this time I don't feel that its been tested as well as it should have I am not risking using unproven settings

robbo389

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:00:30 PM

being pure POS with no POW is an unproven concept that has net been tested as well as the POW/POS code I would like to do some of the things the newer coins are doing but I would rather they make the mistakes first and then when ADT adopts those things there will be less of a risk of doing something that will brake ADT or damage it in the future

Good point, it was bad enough having to swap from v1 to v2. Anything that results in having to swap to v3 would destroy this coin.
tx42

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:03:03 PM

That's simply not true.

Bladecoin went from PoW/PoS (with lots of problems) to PoS only. It hasn't had a problem in a month.

Pure PoS is a proven concept that works. Look at results!

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/4178-blade-now-only-proof-of-stake-available-on-xnigma-formerly-avail-cryptorush-final-version

Zeit: pure PoS, no problems: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487814.0

Mint: pure PoS, no problems: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.0

tx42

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:06:52 PM

over the next 12 months there well be a maximum of 54.44% more coins generated by POS

How do you arrive at an APR of 54.44% from an APR of 2.5%?

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:38:39 PM

2.5% every 15 days for 6months then 2% every 15 days the 6 months after if you stake the interest each time you will gain 54.44% over the next 12 months 

( the stake is changing from 0.05%/ 15 days to 2.5%/ 15 days due to user demand )

tx42

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:44:41 PM

2.5% every 15 days for 6months then 2% every 15 days the 6 months after if you stake the interest each time you will gain 54.44% over the next 12 months  

No!!!!!!!! That's not how staking works! If the rate is set at 2.5%, then the inflation is 2.5% APR, with compounding roughly at the stake rate.

You have to set the rate at 54.44% to get 54.44% APR!!!!

[edit]

If you are worried about that level of inflation, then you are safe to set the rate at 5%. Then you'll get roughly 5% APR + compounding. If the stake rate is 15 days with a 30 day full weight, then expect a compounding period to be 22.5 days or so. So your realized rate will only be 0.308% per period.

[edit]

In this latter example, the effective APR after compounding would be barely above 5% (5.12%, to be nearly exact).

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:34:25 PM

It is now clear to me the intentions of SAVE ADT and the alt accounts that keep giving me hassle over pm

Just a warning to the users of ADT that tx42 is not part of the ADT DEV team and is not working with me and anything he does is not supported by me

and a warning to tx42 that cryptsy will stay on the official update that will be completed by mullick and they do not tolerate hostile takeovers 

I'm the coin whisperer.

I can fix your coin. I know what is going on.

I'll throw in coin control to boot.

I can do it without a fork, easily, and without a bounty unless you insist on a tip.

I've already taken a position on this coin.

PM me back here. I know what I am doing.

I did the NRS wallet and others. My questions on the forum are naive, but don't let that throw you.

I want to improve the investment I've already made.

The big green bar here is my buy: https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/94

I put my money where my mouth is.

If you let me fix this coin, I will be responsible for bigger, greener bars.

Blade is up about 300% since I fixed it, and that is with cryptorush going down.

Fine. The rest of this message is a friendly advisory.

I'm going to fork the ADT repo and make minimal changes to this coins parameters and end PoW rather quickly.

I'll get my changes out faster than your team, I guarantee you.

I'll have full Qts for all platforms and the network will function beautifully.

I'll make an ANN and let the community decide. A few will try and see how a real coin functions.

That's the deal I made with the blade dev and he eventually came around. NRS us up about 10x since I did their wallets. Buys have outnumbered sells on Blade by about 20 to 1.

I mean the best for ADT, but I won't wait for others to fix it now that I have taken a position.

I'll do it without forking the chain too. You can fork the chain with whatever your devs come up with. The community will go with the pristine blockchain in the end.

I'll get my first release out in 36 hours. Let's see how long your team takes. My wallets will have coin control too.

PM me with any questions.

tx42

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:39:36 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 08:54:01 PM by tx42

It is now clear to me the intentions of SAVE ADT and the alt accounts that keep giving me hassle over pm

Just a warning to the users of ADT that tx42 is not part of the ADT DEV team and is not working with me and anything he does is not supported by me

and a warning to tx42 that cryptsy will stay on the official update that will be completed by mullick and they do not tolerate hostile takeovers

I'm the coin whisperer.

I can fix your coin. I know what is going on.

I'll throw in coin control to boot.

I can do it without a fork, easily, and without a bounty unless you insist on a tip.

I've already taken a position on this coin.

PM me back here. I know what I am doing.

I did the NRS wallet and others. My questions on the forum are naive, but don't let that throw you.

I want to improve the investment I've already made.

The big green bar here is my buy: https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/94

I put my money where my mouth is.

If you let me fix this coin, I will be responsible for bigger, greener bars.

Blade is up about 300% since I fixed it, and that is with cryptorush going down.

Fine. The rest of this message is a friendly advisory.

I'm going to fork the ADT repo and make minimal changes to this coins parameters and end PoW rather quickly.

I'll get my changes out faster than your team, I guarantee you.

I'll have full Qts for all platforms and the network will function beautifully.

I'll make an ANN and let the community decide. A few will try and see how a real coin functions.

That's the deal I made with the blade dev and he eventually came around. NRS us up about 10x since I did their wallets. Buys have outnumbered sells on Blade by about 20 to 1.

I mean the best for ADT, but I won't wait for others to fix it now that I have taken a position.

I'll do it without forking the chain too. You can fork the chain with whatever your devs come up with. The community will go with the pristine blockchain in the end.

I'll get my first release out in 36 hours. Let's see how long your team takes. My wallets will have coin control too.

PM me with any questions.

Outing me instead of communicating on the backchannels isn't going to help ADT.

Cryptsy will go with a functioning network in the end.

[edit]

What's funny is that I don't think that those who have invested in ADT will see my PMs as negative as you do.

I think they will see someone who is genuinely interested and capable of saving this coin.

[edit]

Also, after I'm done fixing it, feel free to merge my changes back into your own repo. I'm not trying to take over ADT. I'm going to fix it and then I will be done.

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:52:25 PM

[edit]

What's funny is that I don't think that those who have invested in ADT will see my PMs as negative as you do.

I think they will see someone who is genuinely interested and capable of saving this coin.

you might be fully capable but trying to take over just because I said that I didn't need your help at this time as the patch is nearly complete is not the way to go about it if you really want to take over I would suggest you start a thread and gain support before you try and force me out   

tx42

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:54:42 PM

[edit]

you might be fully capable but trying to take over just because I said that I didn't need your help at this time as the patch is nearly complete is not the way to go about it if you really want to take over I would suggest you start a thread and gain support before you try and force me out  

I'm not trying to force anyone out. I want to put in a fix. That's it. Read my PMs again.

I've requested a look at the working repo several times. If I saw a fix in there that would work, I would have disappeared already.

Where's the repo?

saveADT

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:07:25 PM

[edit]

I'm not trying to force anyone out. I want to put in a fix. That's it. Read my PMs again.

I've requested a look at the working repo several times. If I saw a fix in there that would work, I would have disappeared already.

Where's the repo?

please take over ADT I will personally pay you 250,000,000 ADT to do so

in return all you need to do is block zackclark70s 2+ bill coins from the blockchain
tx42

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:13:55 PM

[edit]

Where's the repo?

please take over ADT I will personally pay you 250,000,000 ADT to do so

in return all you need to do is block zackclark70s 2+ bill coins from the blockchain

I'll work with the present team if possible. But if it comes down to it, I'll push out my own version of the coin.

However, unless Zack's coins are provably ill-begotten, I'm not going to block anyone's coins, for any amount of compensation.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: