Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:04:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Androids Tokens v2.0 [Proof of Stake]  (Read 115738 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Desten

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:33:18 AM

which morning?Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276884.msg5150021#msg5150021

Deja vu. Smiley))))
Look at the date of my post, look at other messages in reply to my message. Funny.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:38:09 AM

was my first day of uni today so i need a bit of rest but ill start on it tomorrow

it would be awsome if you can keep me in the loop ( you have my skype )

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:47:03 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 07:28:36 AM by Crestington

If I can help in some way, I can be of service. I can run some nodes for you guys at cost and manage them but I would want to be paid upfront each month the cost of running however many nodes you want. VPS nodes are cheap, maybe you could do 5-10 nodes at $5-10 each a month. I also have access to a reliable seed node service for $92 a year if you would like and can put you in touch, maybe he can give you better rates.

I don't really want to be the person pushing out the commit to ADT because I am having enough trouble as it is with my own project. Take a look at HoboNickels, Blackcoin, Asiacoin, Skynet, if you cross all code against each other, there is a base structure to every coin and the differences aren't that big. I really think the main problem is that the wallet needs a locktime and a check to stop it from Staking before downloading all the Blocks. The bulk of what you would need to change is only in about 10 files in the src folder and mainly just the main.cpp, main.h, and all the mining files.

To my knowledge, you don't need a hardfork if you want to change the time difference for the timeoffset, Blackcoin has 10 minutes to the past and future, other coins have 2 hours. If you have a 2 hour offset, you create orphan blocks as you stake and then have them ripped away when you finish downloading the final blocks.

Check out Github for Windows, great for cross referencing sourcecode.

What is it that you want for the prefrences? like min/max Stake age, reward per year, did you still want to change the reward payouts? Are we still waiting on Mullick?
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:48:05 AM

To my knowledge, you don't need a hardfork if you want to change the time difference for the timeoffset, Blackcoin has 10 minutes to the past and future, other coins have 2 hours. If you have a 2 hour offset, you create orphan blocks as you stake and then have them ripped away when you finish downloading the final blocks.

Changing the maximum permitted offset will create a fork (or more likely, a split) once a block is created by an older client with an offset that falls between the old and new periods. The new clients will refuse the block and will most likely ban older ones offering it.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:29:38 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 03:46:59 PM by Crestington

Changing the maximum permitted offset will create a fork (or more likely, a split) once a block is created by an older client with an offset that falls between the old and new periods. The new clients will refuse the block and will most likely ban older ones offering it.

Ok, that makes sense, I haven't done as much testing in that area. I was going by Blackcoin and Diamondcoin making those changes to the past and future drift and updating the version so everyone needs to be on the highest version. That is not really a bad thing if older clients who are submitting blocks with more than a 10 minute drift get banned, timeoffset anywhere in the world shouldn't be more than a 10 minute difference anyways so then the node would be banned and need to update to the newest version which the majority is on. I think tightening up the offset would be a good thing for the network but needs to be the conditions where there are more nodes and the network is growing.
trilltokill

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:22:39 PM

I really wish I knew how to fix anything about this coin. I work 60+ hours a weeks at my personal job but would gladly do whatever needed to be done just to get this coin FIXED. The supporting community of this coin has gotten nothing but the run around and still after 6+ months we have NOTHING.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:17:25 PM

I really wish I knew how to fix anything about this coin. I work 60+ hours a weeks at my personal job but would gladly do whatever needed to be done just to get this coin FIXED. The supporting community of this coin has gotten nothing but the run around and still after 6+ months we have NOTHING.

i have spent far to much money trying to get stuff sorted but its always been 1 step foward 2 steps back Sad

beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:42:59 PM

everything is set for the swap on my end so all they need to do is send to the swap address when there ready

cryptmebro

Activity: 786

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:50:53 PM

everything is set for the swap on my end so all they need to do is send to the swap address when there ready

Cool
n0xn

Activity: 116

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:09:58 PM

are you guys getting somewhere ? Smiley please keep us updated Smiley
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:19:08 AM

are you guys getting somewhere ? Smiley please keep us updated Smiley

i am not sure if ahmed is going to do anything as i have had 0 contact from him

n0xn

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:06:52 AM

Well then you need to figure something out. You said that you would never give up on getting this fixed. I know you could sort it out if you wanted. Tag up with crestington. ahmed and a few more. Give them some of the coins left over from the swap and get this shit on the road! Cmon! Smiley just make it work and make it stable! Even if you dont get it as you really want it just make it work! And we go from there! Gogogo! Smiley
mrbodi

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:47:09 AM

ive got HBN 1/2 patched up. Ive not yet had chance to compile and test it to see if it works and syncs up okay though
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:26:17 PM

Well then you need to figure something out. You said that you would never give up on getting this fixed. I know you could sort it out if you wanted. Tag up with crestington. ahmed and a few more. Give them some of the coins left over from the swap and get this shit on the road! Cmon! Smiley just make it work and make it stable! Even if you dont get it as you really want it just make it work! And we go from there! Gogogo! Smiley

i havent given up on it i am still talking to people about it and i am still looking for somone that can code POS coins

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:34:25 PM

If I felt confident I could do it on my own I would just do it, post the sourcecode and let you guys work out the final values. I haven't created a hardfork before so I don't want to do it and see you guys suffer and hurt my own reputation. Ahmed said he's about halfway done a patch of HoboNickels so what I can do to help would be some bug testing, hosting nodes and seednodes. A seednode cost about $90 USD a year and regular nodes start from $5 a month depending on the size of the VPS, I would host as many as you guys want as long as I can be paid upfront each month the cost of maintaining the nodes, $30-$40 a month isn't too much but it's still an extra expense I wouldn't want to incur each month.

When it comes to the Blockchain, the main factor that needs to be taken into account is it's growth rate over time. Every transaction whether it is POW, POS or sending transactions adds to the size of the Blockchain. If you have a 30 second Block time it is great for speed of transactions but over a long period it can cause a significant amount of bloat to the point where it is both time and resource heavy to sync and maintain full nodes. Transactions themselves also play a major role in the size of the Blockchain over time, if a person has a large amount of small inputs they are combining into a transaction it adds a significant amount of extra data into the Blockchain, far more than just what is accrued through Blocktime. If you have a balance of 100,000 consisting of 1000 small inputs or more, it can add several MB of extra bloat into the Blockchain in one transaction.

Fees play a large role in limiting the Blockchain size and IMO are more important than the amount of inflation per year because it both limits size and pays holders through POS. Fractalcoin experimented with 0.5% fees on transactions which should not be confused with most Blockchains that have a fee of 5 * CENT which would equal 0.05 coins per transaction. The problem with every transaction having a minimum fee or percentage of the transaction being sent is that the entire amount will go directly into the next block so for example if the transaction were 100k with 0.5% of that transaction being collected as a fee (500 coins), if the network difficulty is low and someone staked 1000 coins they would receive the amount of inflation for their coinage, plus the 500 coins collected as a fee and any other fees collected in the previous Block. A more practical approach in regards to percentage fees would be to have every fee collected, split up and paid out over the minimum staking period and the maximum staking period equal to twice the minimum (5/10, 7/14, 10/20, 15/30). In this way it would create a base minimum that would always be received through Stake depending on volume and would create competition in order to Stake as frequently as possible throughout the period but also having enough coinage in each transaction so you are staking sooner rather than later. This method hasn't been implemented on any coin (because you have to go by the previous Block only) but it should because arbitraging exchanges for trading profits would generate a significant amount of revenue for long-term holders on top of the inflation per year.

Virtually every Cryptocurrency try to set out to be a currency and it's this approach that has seen constant declines over time. It should be treated as a company where a portion of Stake is retained in order to pay for services. Let's face it, donations do not work because if price drops lower than the point at which a person purchased their coins, no one wants to donate funds in order to help pay for essential services when already at a loss. I proposed this to Zack some months ago but he was very against the idea and we didn't talk much after that. I still think Proof of Stake only, percentage fees and a percentage of Stake to a Development Fund is the way to go for any coin. If you were to decide to go that route, the best way would be to start with what would be the minimum fixed fee, then work on developing percentage fees distributed over time for anything higher than the fixed fee and then once that complete to work on a shared Development Fund. A percentage of Stake going to a Development Fund would equal the same amount of transactions as Blocks per year so something like that would need to be implemented in a share system similar to Devcoin so you aren't going to have a 500 MB wallet (525k transactions at roughly 1 kb per transaction) after one year and would also need to make use of multi-signature transactions so that it is not reliant on one trusted person but a group of trusted people in order to be used.

Most of this is mainly theory but is definitely possible, it's all about how new ideas are implemented and what effects they will have from trade to user experience over time.

My 2 Satoshis Smiley
eureka

Activity: 301

网络·自由·客

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 02:45:26 AM

This post become hot  these days , which is a good thing for ADT, but feeling some discordant voices here.  I hope that we are coming to a better future for ADT.
Anyway ,First of all, we should thank for all who made contribution for ADT: Thank Jag and shakezula created ADT, thank Mullick helped ADT, thank TranZ fix ADT1.0 ,thank Zackclark for ADT2.0 with lot of financial and vitality , thanks to Ahmed_bodi  compiled code for ADT2.0,... and so on, without you there would be no ADT today.

But ADT is decentralized , anyone can get involved , as BTC , as the original author has gone, but BTC is still growing. I think ADT is the same, no one can really take it over,and ADT do not need to take it over. I'd recommend to create a nonprofit foundation for ADT, so that everyone can participate.

Although because of hardware failures and my own negligence I lost nearly 0.5B of ADT, but I'm still willing to donate 0.5B(500000000) of ADT given ADT contribute to people . If necessary, I can also donate part of the BTC and LTC. I hope for a better future is coming  ADT.

sorry for my poor english, here in chinese:

感恩所有为ADT作贡献的人:

这几天看到ADT的这条贴子挺热闹的,这对ADT来说是好事,但总感觉有些不和谐的声音在里面,不管怎么样,有人关注总好过没人关注。我希望大家都是为ADT的美好明天而来而不是破坏它。不管怎样,我还是首先感谢你们为ADT所做的贡献,感谢Jag和shakezulu创建了ADT,感谢Mullick帮助了ADT,感谢TranZ为我们修复了ADT1.0,感谢Zack为了ADT2.0贡献了很多的财力和物力,感谢Ahmed_bodi为ADT2.0编的代码,没有你们就没有ADT的今天。
但ADT是去中心化的,任何人都可以参与进来,就象BTC一样,最初的作者已经走了,但BTC依旧在成长。我想ADT也是一样的,没人可以真正的接管它,也不需要接管它。我倒是建议建立一个非盈利的ADT基金会,让大家都能参与其中,虽然因为硬件的故障和我自己的疏忽我丢了近0.5B的ADT,但我还是愿意再捐出0.5B的ADT给予为ADT作贡献的人。如果有必要, 我还可以捐出部分的BTC和LTC, 我希望大家都是为ADT的美好未来而来。

As I said in this post long ago, we really need long-term developers to maintain a stable ADT. Only  stable maintenance and strong community is to rely on ADT to live, like dogecois and InfinateCoin. ADT development concerned people should unite efforts to find a developer, should not only give the reward BTC, but also have ADT, so as to enable developers have an incentive to maintain good ADT. If there is reliable developer, I am willing to donate a large part of ADT and some BTC to assist in the development of ADT.
We need long-term and reliable developer.

正如我在很久之前的提议那样,我们非常需要懂编程的开发人员长期的给ADT做稳定的维护,只有稳定的维护和强大的社区才是ADT活下去的依靠,就象狗狗币和无限币那样。关心ADT发展的人应该团结起来,努力寻找开发人员,给予的报酬不该只是BTC,还要有ADT,这样才能使开发人员有动机维护好ADT。如果有靠谱的开发人员,我愿意捐出大量ADT和一部分BTC以协助ADT的发展。
我们需要长期的靠谱的开发人员.

dac.xyz 
对数字货币深度思考:http://8btc.com/thread-109365-1-1.html
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:41:50 PM

This post become hot  these days , which is a good thing for ADT, but feeling some discordant voices here.  I hope that we are coming to a better future for ADT.
Anyway ,First of all, we should thank for all who made contribution for ADT: Thank Jag and shakezula created ADT, thank Mullick helped ADT, thank TranZ fix ADT1.0 ,thank Zackclark for ADT2.0 with lot of financial and vitality , thanks to Ahmed_bodi  compiled code for ADT2.0,... and so on, without you there would be no ADT today.

But ADT is decentralized , anyone can get involved , as BTC , as the original author has gone, but BTC is still growing. I think ADT is the same, no one can really take it over,and ADT do not need to take it over. I'd recommend to create a nonprofit foundation for ADT, so that everyone can participate.

Although because of hardware failures and my own negligence I lost nearly 0.5B of ADT, but I'm still willing to donate 0.5B(500000000) of ADT given ADT contribute to people . If necessary, I can also donate part of the BTC and LTC. I hope for a better future is coming  ADT.

感恩所有为ADT作贡献的人:

这几天看到ADT的这条贴子挺热闹的,这对ADT来说是好事,但总感觉有些不和谐的声音在里面,不管怎么样,有人关注总好过没人关注。我希望大家都是为ADT的美好明天而来而不是破坏它。不管怎样,我还是首先感谢你们为ADT所做的贡献,感谢Jag和shakezulu创建了ADT,感谢Mullick帮助了ADT,感谢TranZ为我们修复了ADT1.0,感谢Zack为了ADT2.0贡献了很多的财力和物力,感谢Ahmed_bodi为ADT2.0编的代码,没有你们就没有ADT的今天。
但ADT是去中心化的,任何人都可以参与进来,就象BTC一样,最初的作者已经走了,但BTC依旧在成长。我想ADT也是一样的,没人可以真正的接管它,也不需要接管它。我倒是建议建立一个非盈利的ADT基金会,让大家都能参与其中,虽然因为硬件的故障和我自己的疏忽我丢了近0.5B的ADT,但我还是愿意再捐出0.5B的ADT给予为ADT作贡献的人。如果有必要, 我还可以捐出部分的BTC和LTC, 我希望大家都是为ADT的美好未来而来。

As I said in this post long ago, we really need long-term developers to maintain a stable ADT. Only  stable maintenance and strong community is to rely on ADT to live, like dogecois and InfinateCoin. ADT development concerned people should unite efforts to find a developer, should not only give the reward BTC, but also have ADT, so as to enable developers have an incentive to maintain good ADT. If there is reliable developer, I am willing to donate a large part of ADT and some BTC to assist in the development of ADT.

正如我在很久之前的提议那样,我们非常需要懂编程的开发人员长期的给ADT做稳定的维护,只有稳定的维护和强大的社区才是ADT活下去的依靠,就象狗狗币和无限币那样。关心ADT发展的人应该团结起来,努力寻找开发人员,给予的报酬不该只是BTC,还要有ADT,这样才能使开发人员有动机维护好ADT。如果有靠谱的开发人员,我愿意捐出大量ADT和一部分BTC以协助ADT的发展。
我们需要长期的靠谱的开发人员.

if there is 0.5 bill ADT that will never be claimed from the swapover that would give some funds to encorage somone to make the patch that is needed ( thats if its ok with you )

i have been looking for somone willing to look after the codeing side of things for nearly a year and nobody has been intrested and i have offerd a really good insentive but nobody seams to care

n0xn

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:22:37 PM

I still got my 0.5 bil stuck in interspace Smiley. got lost between ltcbtc.com and cryptsy. maybe soon i will se them again Cheesy
There must be some billions not claimed ? or is everything almost done swapped ?
eureka

Activity: 301

网络·自由·客

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 12:36:23 AM

感恩所有为ADT作贡献的人:

我们需要长期的靠谱的开发人员.

if there is 0.5 bill ADT that will never be claimed from the swapover that would give some funds to encorage somone to make the patch that is needed ( thats if its ok with you )

i have been looking for somone willing to look after the codeing side of things for nearly a year and nobody has been intrested and i have offerd a really good insentive but nobody seams to care

I'll provide more than 1B(1000,000,000)ADT for the coder who give long-term support.

dac.xyz 
对数字货币深度思考:http://8btc.com/thread-109365-1-1.html
n0xn

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:17:36 AM

I can donate 0.2 bil to a long term dev that fixes this as soon as i get all the coins back
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: