Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:16:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SMB-2525

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:53:46 PM

Eliminating security advantages is not high on the list.
[:happy dance] from a 30 year software professional.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:30:30 PM

It always boggles my mind how people complain so much.

Eligius is not perfect.  But, it is the best pool among many imperfect pool.  If you don't like the specific manner in which Eligius is imperfect, you can leave.  No need to be dramatic about it and leave in a huff.  You don't get to stamp your feet and throw a fit and demand that things be done your way.  That's not how it works around here, because the pool operators frankly don't give a damn whether you mine here or not.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:21:46 PM

Why is no one complaining about the 16 second block from earlier?

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:27:12 PM

Bitch! Whine! Moan! Complain!

Cheesy Feel better now?

Sorry, I had to. My only gripe is that my miner puked and I haven't been able to fix it. Eligius has always been good to me, warts and all.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:39:03 PM

If you're implying that you had direct influence over the 16 second block, by all means, keep rolling. /sarc Smiley

People complain about issues, not when things are operating as expected.

You really want to ask "why are people not give me enough due positive feedback for when things are running well"?  And this has been lacking, to be honest here.

Also, perhaps you should consider taking on more help if this is too much for one person.  You often state, I'm doing all I can, there's only one of me.  Which is ABSOLUTELEY true and correct.  Therefore, why not expand and have a few more people available to lend a hand.  Is there at least a steering group of sorts to think about the future?

I've stuck with Eligius for a long time now, with the hopes that it grows.  I'm still just hopeful.  It is the best pool in my opinion.  But it lacks in the perception department.  Now, if this is really a pool for "good 'ol buys club" (derived from attitudes of a few posters) and that's it, I understand.  My hopes then have been wrong.

However, I do hope that the pool desires to grow fast and takes steps to achieve that goal.
baddw

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:03:05 PM

If you're implying that you had direct influence over the 16 second block, by all means, keep rolling. /sarc Smiley

You really want to ask "why are people not give me enough due positive feedback for when things are running well"?  And this has been lacking, to be honest here.

Also, perhaps you should consider taking on more help if this is too much for one person.  You often state, I'm doing all I can, there's only one of me.  Which is ABSOLUTELEY true and correct.  Therefore, why not expand and have a few more people available to lend a hand.  Is there at least a steering group of sorts to think about the future?

I've stuck with Eligius for a long time now, with the hopes that it grows.  I'm still just hopeful.  It is the best pool in my opinion.  But it lacks in the perception department.  Now, if this is really a pool for "good 'ol buys club" (derived from attitudes of a few posters) and that's it, I understand.  My hopes then have been wrong.

However, I do hope that the pool desires to grow fast and takes steps to achieve that goal.

Why should the pool be concerned about growth, or try to grow?  There is no obvious profit motive like with the mandatory-fee pools.  Eligius is run by a volunteer operator (wizkid) with some volunteer help from a few others (maybe just one? Luke-jr).  I have never gotten the idea that either one of them cared how big Eligius is, or whether it's growing or shrinking relative to the rest of the network.

Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
1Neptune

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:26:59 PM

Why should the pool be concerned about growth, or try to grow?  There is no obvious profit motive like with the mandatory-fee pools.  Eligius is run by a volunteer operator (wizkid) with some volunteer help from a few others (maybe just one? Luke-jr).  I have never gotten the idea that either one of them cared how big Eligius is, or whether it's growing or shrinking relative to the rest of the network.

The pool growing or not is immaterial to it working properly, which is the paramount issue: the pool must function properly.

Pauses in payouts is fine with me when they're due to diligence to make sure pool funds don't get dumped to some and others left short. Delays in payouts are frustrating of course, but nowhere near as frustrating as mining for days or even weeks, only to have your mining earnings getting dumped to someone else and being left short because of some hacking or programming error.
bizzyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001

Don't look at my signature!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 10:39:17 AM

Interested why the multi hundred TH accounts don't operate as private pools?
Is it that there is no advantage especially considering the 0% fee, and basically, just much simpler to point to Eligius?

Would someone be kind enough to maybe give some calcs as to what TH you would benefit going private?

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
   ░██████████████████▀██████░
█████████░░██████▀████████
█████████░░███▀▄████████
███████░░██░░▄██░░███████
██████▌░░░██▄▄██░░░▐██████
██████░░░░░█████░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░███░░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░█████
████░░░████▌░░░▐████░░░████
████░░░█████▌▐█████░░░████
███░░░███████████████░░░███
░█████████████████████████░
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
brox

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:49:24 AM

Is it that there is no advantage especially considering the 0% fee, and basically, just much simpler to point to Eligius?

Would someone be kind enough to maybe give some calcs as to what TH you would benefit going private?
If you control 100% of world calculating power, you get 25 BTC per 10 mins (average)
Now you ask yourself, how often you want to find a block and you will get appropriate percentage.
Thats all the calc you need

Save dolphins! Donate to 1BTC4brox2pd14QubXGsXwarp9zV9tc8CZ
Mine Bitcoins in the cloud at cex.io
bizzyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001

Don't look at my signature!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 10:58:33 AM

If you control 100% of world calculating power, you get 25 BTC per 10 mins (average)
Now you ask yourself, how often you want to find a block and you will get appropriate percentage.
Thats all the calc you need
hmmmm not really.
I'm aware of farms with less TH than the biggest contributors who operate as private pools....

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
   ░██████████████████▀██████░
█████████░░██████▀████████
█████████░░███▀▄████████
███████░░██░░▄██░░███████
██████▌░░░██▄▄██░░░▐██████
██████░░░░░█████░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░███░░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░█████
████░░░████▌░░░▐████░░░████
████░░░█████▌▐█████░░░████
░█████████████████████████░
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:21:43 PM

Theoretically, you will make exactly the same BTC over time mining solo as you would on a no-fee pool that pays out transaction fees (like Eligius).  The only real difference is expected variance.  If you see minimizing variance as a desirable goal, it is advantageous to pool-mine, even if you have a lot of hash power, because variance( pool + my hashpower) will always be less than variance(my hashpower).

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:38:30 PM

Huh

is eligius down ?

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:17:32 PM

Huh

is eligius down ?

Looks fine to me

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:03:23 PM

infncredible luck imo Grin

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
jcumins

Activity: 312

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:36:50 PM

Wizkid

Question

I have 3TH hashing power assigned to eligius, the Estimated Change:   +0.00679336 BTC, per block  it has dropped almost 50 % from where it was and should be.  Makes no since to me at all.  With 6th assigned i was averaging .025 per block then it dropped to .015 and the math just does not add up.  Seems every time a large mining partner adds a lot to the total PB to the pool our amount per block goes down the percent of changed in growth.

I am just asking and wanting to learn all this.

I suspect you have so many large miners our % of the all share of the block is going way down.  That there so fast they get the biggest piece of the pie.

baddw

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:57:22 PM

Wizkid

Question

I have 3TH hashing power assigned to eligius, the Estimated Change:   +0.00679336 BTC, per block  it has dropped almost 50 % from where it was and should be.  Makes no since to me at all.  With 6th assigned i was averaging .025 per block then it dropped to .015 and the math just does not add up.  Seems every time a large mining partner adds a lot to the total PB to the pool our amount per block goes down the percent of changed in growth.

I am just asking and wanting to learn all this.

I suspect you have so many large miners our % of the all share of the block is going way down.  That there so fast they get the biggest piece of the pie.

You are looking at the numbers wrong.  Don't look per block.  Look per time.  Your estimate per day should stay the same throughout each difficulty level.  If the pool adds more hashpower, yes you get less of each block found, but the pool finds proportionally more blocks, so your earnings per minute/day/hour stay the same.

The "Estimated Change" changes constantly depending on how far into the round the pool is (>100% luck or <100% luck).  Forget about it, it's a meaningless number.

You have a hash RATE.  A RATE is an amount of work PER UNIT TIME (in your case, 3 Terahashes per second, but this is the same as 180 TH per minute, or 10800 TH per hour, or 259200 TH per day).  Your estimated earnings PER UNIT TIME will be the same no matter what pool you are with (except for fees).  This does not, and can not, change at a given difficulty.

jcumins

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:46:23 PM

I would agree with you but.  The following reason and math comes into play.

The more Hash rate the pool has, it still  has a max number of shares block.  The percentage of shares taken by the clients with the 400 - 500TH hash power gets a huge % of the shares per block.  So the more larger TH clients per pool has the smaller amount of shares left to the other clients of that pool.  Yes if the pool has good luck then more blocks are found but the percentage per client does not change.  That's what i am saying.

That fact will not change. 

And the math of Percent of the block available based on hash rate to specific client * 25 is the average earnings per block.  When i started here the pool was running 4PB now it is 10PB and the top 100 clients takes a very large % of the 25 BTC per block per round.  And even at the 10PB hash power the block finding luck has not been that greatest the past 6 - 8 weeks so my percent of earnings has gone way down, over a period of time.

So the value of the pool can get skewed very easily.  When the Pool is top heavy  IE a large amount of very high powered clients then the average person who does not have 6 figures to put into hardware, return in that pool is not that great, due to the % of available share rate per block.   IE The pool is Top heavy.

baddw

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:09:24 AM

I would agree with you but.  The following reason and math comes into play.

The more Hash rate the pool has, it still  has a max number of shares block.  The percentage of shares taken by the clients with the 400 - 500TH hash power gets a huge % of the shares per block.  So the more larger TH clients per pool has the smaller amount of shares left to the other clients of that pool.  Yes if the pool has good luck then more blocks are found but the percentage per client does not change.  That's what i am saying.

That fact will not change. 

And the math of Percent of the block available based on hash rate to specific client * 25 is the average earnings per block.  When i started here the pool was running 4PB now it is 10PB and the top 100 clients takes a very large % of the 25 BTC per block per round.  And even at the 10PB hash power the block finding luck has not been that greatest the past 6 - 8 weeks so my percent of earnings has gone way down, over a period of time.

So the value of the pool can get skewed very easily.  When the Pool is top heavy  IE a large amount of very high powered clients then the average person who does not have 6 figures to put into hardware, return in that pool is not that great, due to the % of available share rate per block.   IE The pool is Top heavy.

Please stop.  I'm beginning to think you are just a troll.

The hashrate of the pool does not have anything to do with the luck. 

If the pool has 10% of the network hashrate, then it expects to find 10% of the blocks.  If it only finds 9% then it has bad luck.  If it finds 11% then it has good luck. 

If the pool has 5% of the network hashrate, then it expects to find 5% of the blocks.  If it only finds 4% then it has bad luck.  If it finds 6% then it has good luck. 

The pool's luck has nothing to do with how many hashes are in the pool.  Bad luck or good luck cannot be affected by the hashrate.  If the pool adds more hash, then it expects to find more blocks, period.  Bad luck or good luck will be calculated against the new higher hashrate.

The pool expects to find 1 block for every BITCOIN_DIFFICULTY shares.  Bad luck = the pool finds a block after accepting more than BITCOIN_DIFFICULTY shares.  Good luck = the pool finds a block after accepting less than BITCOIN_DIFFICULTY shares.  If the pool has a higher hashrate, then it accepts BITCOIN_DIFFICULTY shares more quickly and also expects to find blocks more quickly.  If the pool has a lower hashrate, then it accepts BITCOIN_DIFFICULTY shares more slowly and also expects to find blocks more slowly.

sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:27:22 AM

and here i thought the excellent today with just a meager 16 blocks Grin

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
jcumins

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:36:40 AM

I can assure you i am not a troll. And i know it has nothing to do with luck rate.

You are missing the point complexly.

Rank   Address                                                3-hr Avg Hashrate   3-hr Shares        Percentage of Pool
#1   1Nbq2XZaRsKknf5fcT2wTXvBS31PaUWSeX   465.09 Th/s   1169491712   4.5727%
#2   1swrtyBsp9odruX65upeyubAVSAyggh78           407.49 Th/s   1024661120   4.0065%
#3   1FewyswFjX62UybWzi546V1Cxj1CUxozWU           407.39 Th/s   1024412288   4.0055%
#4   1GXHyn59Ettq1U5vdWeBfMRg4uoSiKF7ZM           355.02 Th/s   892734720           3.4906%
#5   12igyTG1TBiYCcfBVdbqPQGRgY6zeXXi8h           222.68 Th/s   559943552           2.1894%

#227   1JiU29WobXcsAYm1F2cNStY1h3gQ3UzSp9   6,013.87 Gh/s   15122304           0.0591%
#577   13pfW6DKgdrvoA4y9MGCvHSFGQeh9Dd2XJ   3,005.13 Gh/s   7556608           0.0295%

The percent of pool match mathematically is the same as the  Estimated reward per block not counting the + or - the shares shelved.

so as the top end gets higher has rates the smaller guys % of the pool capability gets smaller.

Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: