Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:34:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684948 times)
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:27:59 AM

Why is that karma?  If I choose to spend money (just as you or anyone else can) to use VPS's to mine, why have I done something wrong?
Congrats by the way, you're lucky!
Well you and the other farm operators obviously expected to make some/many coins but now it kicks you in the butt because the diff rocketed in an extreme way and will continue to do so. Also in my experience VPS are almost never profitable and you'd do much better with one or many rootservers. (I pay 43€ per month for the i7 920, 3 cores of it get me 475000 knumbers/s, hetzner ftw)
The Karma thing was a joke, since luck means everything you could say that bad karma from being "greedy" ate up all your luck.
Well its been 8 hours running hard with 64 cores and all I have so far is a single orphan.   Huh
Is your miner set to --scantime 1?

what does that do exactly?
It tells your miner to check every second if there was a new block so you don't mine an orphan. Not sure if 1 is the best/most sane setting, can someone chime in?

Maybe you're right. Smiley But using large VPS farms for early mining on the right coins is nearly always profitable if you go hard, or I wouldn't do it.  Between XPM and MAX I think I probably made over 120 BTC at a cost of a few thousand dollars.  If you do it smart it's profitable, but this time it hasn't worked for me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keepwalking1234

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:28:52 AM

WTB riecoin  PM your offer!

Your dreams are waiting to be realized.
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:29:11 AM

External miner

Both miners are not yet optimized, but the built-in wallet miner is even worse, it does not use the GMP library which should give it a big boost.
Have you done any work on it yet?  I might try to this weekend.  I can see a number of improvements.  

I'm giving it one last try using a single RPC server for all of my farm machines now to see if I get any blocks.  Time to block is around 14 minutes with my farm so we will soon see.
I briefly looked at the source code and I can clearly tell that it needs some work. I made a couple of small changes to it and I have mined 14 blocks so far on a 32 core Intel server, but it should be capable of more than that at this low of a difficulty. I will have a couple of hours this weekend to optimize it.
WOW just wow.  How long before you share those changes then? Smiley
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:30:18 AM

I'm mining this on my pathetic i5, and having lots of fun, so don't take this the wrong way.

It seems a bit like Seti@home right now... If I keep going, I'll eventually find E.T. -  Grin
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:30:36 AM

Maybe you're right. Smiley But using large VPS farms for early mining on the right coins is nearly always profitable if you go hard, or I wouldn't do it.  Between XPM and MAX I think I probably made over 120 BTC at a cost of a few thousand dollars.  If you do it smart it's profitable, but this time it hasn't worked for me!
Sure if you choose the right coins and are patient you will make some profit for sure, but I'm sure you could increase it with a root farm, however rootservers are something you must have at hand before the coin has launched ofcourse.
I made 150k QRK with my single root mining 24/7 for months, sold all except 20k for peanuts (around 100 satoshis iirc), hope you are more patient than me.  Grin

btw my faster AMD fx 8350 hasn't found anything yet so luck probably plays a huge role.

re: optimized miners, wasn't the fastest prime finder a CUDA one?

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
CSM00

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:32:31 AM

Sure if you choose the right coins and are patient you will make some profit for sure, but I'm sure you could increase it with a root farm, however rootservers are something you must have at hand before the coin has launched ofcourse.
I made 150k QRK with my root, sold it all for peanuts, hope you are more patient than me.  Grin

Take a look at AWS Spot instances - they are crazy cheap with some caveats.  But they are perfect for mining new coins
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:32:58 AM

External miner

Both miners are not yet optimized, but the built-in wallet miner is even worse, it does not use the GMP library which should give it a big boost.
Have you done any work on it yet?  I might try to this weekend.  I can see a number of improvements.  

I'm giving it one last try using a single RPC server for all of my farm machines now to see if I get any blocks.  Time to block is around 14 minutes with my farm so we will soon see.
I briefly looked at the source code and I can clearly tell that it needs some work. I made a couple of small changes to it and I have mined 14 blocks so far on a 32 core Intel server, but it should be capable of more than that at this low of a difficulty. I will have a couple of hours this weekend to optimize it.

i hope not now cause i need to sleep! 7:30 in the morning here..
CSM00

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:34:39 AM

External miner

i hope not now cause i need to sleep! 7:30 in the morning here..

Im hoping he uses his big brain to figure out pool software
peterlustig

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:38:38 AM

Take a look at AWS Spot instances - they are crazy cheap with some caveats.  But they are perfect for mining new coins
I used the 100$ free credit they once gave away (not sure if they still do that) and was rather underwhelmed by most instance types, the big ones were nice but very expensive (unless you expect the price of the coin to rise extremely). Most of my experience were with XPM and QRK, mined lots XPM with a dirt cheap 20€/month VPS, until the hosting company found out and cut the performance (host-unlimited, pathetic company and I don't say that because of the performance cut, which was expected and is a major reason I don't like VPS [variable performance unless you go KVM but then you can get a root for the same price]; getting the server took weeks).

TL;DR: I think one root mining 24/7 makes more profit for the same money in the long run. IMO of course.

Those spot instances seem like a nice thing where you decide what to pay, are they new?

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
Deadalter

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:39:05 AM

"hashespersec" : 1223447115,

its good?  Huh
CSM00

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:43:18 AM

Take a look at AWS Spot instances - they are crazy cheap with some caveats.  But they are perfect for mining new coins
I used the 100$ free credit they once gave away (not sure if they still do that) and was rather underwhelmed by most instance types, the big ones were nice but very expensive (unless you expect the price of the coin to rise extremely). Most of my experience were with XPM and QRK, mined lots XPM with a dirt cheap 20€/month VPS, until the hosting company found out and cut the performance (host-unlimited, pathetic company and I don't say that because of the performance cut, which was expected; getting the server took weeks).

Those spot instances seem like a nice thing where you decide what to pay, are they new?

They've been around for a few years, but arent a well known feature.

You can get a 32 vCPU / 16 Core for  .28 USD / hour most of the time.

You have to work around the fact they can turn it off and delete it at anytime though - I have my wallet on a normal "on-demand" type instance
peterlustig

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:46:02 AM

You can get a 32 vCPU / 16 Core for  .28 USD / hour most of the time.

You have to work around the fact they can turn it off and delete it at anytime though - I have my wallet on a normal "on-demand" type instance
That's a good clue which will be useful for many people. May I ask how many knumbers these 32 virtual cores do so I can compare the price? My i7 920 is around 0.081$/h and does ~475000 knumbers/s using 3 of 4 cores (43€/month, can be had for 41€: https://robot.your-server.de/order/market ).

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:47:48 AM

Tough to mine, and looking to cover some minimal costs. I'm willing to sell some RIC for those interested. Send me a PM with a reasonable offer.

CSM00

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:50:24 AM

That's a good clue which will be useful for many people. May I ask how many knumbers these 32 virtual cores do so I can compare the price? My i7 920 is around 0.081$/h (43€/month, can be had for 41€: https://robot.your-server.de/order/market ).

2080915 knumbers/sec on the one I just checked.

Under the covers, its Xen virtualization running on 2x E5-2670 CPUs - with the 32 vCPU instance, you are basically getting the entire physical server with a little overhead for the virtualization part.
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:52:09 AM

That's a good clue which will be useful for many people. May I ask how many knumbers these 32 virtual cores do so I can compare the price? My i7 920 is around 0.081$/h and does ~475000 knumbers/s using 3 of 4 cores (43€/month, can be had for 41€: https://robot.your-server.de/order/market ).

lol we have the same server. hetzner
peterlustig

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:56:27 AM

2080915 knumbers/sec on the one I just checked.

Under the covers, its Xen virtualization running on 2x E5-2670 CPUs - with the 32 vCPU instance, you are basically getting the entire physical server with a little overhead for the virtualization part.
That's not too shabby. Considering I only use 3 cores, I could squeeze out 630000 knumbers out of all 4.
3.5x (based on the price) 630000 = 2205000
Basically same bang for buck, mine is slightly better. My bad experience with Amazon was based on the normal EC2 instances, so thanks a lot for the tip about the spot instances. Although having a root is very convenient.  Grin

lol we have the same server. hetzner
Gotta love them, it's on and mining hard for a half year, no downtime yet. Plus a website and some game- and ts3-servers. Can't recommend Hetzner enough.

Sorry for slightly offtopic.  Grin

edit: corrected calculation

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
Supercomputing

Activity: 278

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:04:24 AM

External miner

This weekend unless someone beats me to it. It should be a breeze for anyone who has written a Primecoin miner using a bit array.

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
Supercomputing

Activity: 278

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:25:01 AM

Coins are maturing too fast, I wonder if the difficulty adjustment is working correctly? It's late here and I will look into it this weekend.

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:40:10 AM

This weekend unless someone beats me to it. It should be a breeze for anyone who has written a Primecoin miner using a bit array.

Are you using just straight up C optimizations, or any kind of SIMD at this point?

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Last1212

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:50:15 AM

WTB 100 RIC - 0.1 BTC. Pm me.

Some donate will be good))))))
LTC: LLEhzonntRjo4pLqaw93ZQzw8Qdx3HQ2k7        DOGE: DCty26Yk5kbG2NfoknoyY3UajPzsmbhXP9
WDC: WYJW8RYrc3C8K7duaAWqs8YayMLLNEkWBC        CAT: 9nJcehD9dkcsrrVmJxnLJRFc61158nTvvP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: