Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:58:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352319 times)
bcd

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:55:08 PM

!!Karmassian Pride!!

It is happening people.  You can no longer deny what we have created.  A community where we Do Good.

Because.....Doing good is good.

I received a call from the girl scouts about 15 minutes ago.
Courtney Szlemp described the scenario.
These girls scouts were very discouraged,
The cookie order would need to be paid for and they did not have the money.

-Too young an age to have that happen to them. It is up to us to make it a memory - not a catastrophe!

They though it was incredible that people across the world would help them.
They found it incredible that people across the world had heard about their problem.
She is sending me additional information so that we can communicate our progress.

We are raising $200 USD worth of KARM (35M).

I am asking for all of you wealthy Karmassians, you know who you are, donate 1M KARM to this cause.

KB59U1WSjKuKxDHzgihJSF1Gsca51FcJUw

~ 10 million collected now.. big hands can donate more for this pilot karma donation fund. great going.

Karmagood (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:57:54 PM

!!Karmassian Pride!!

It is happening people.  You can no longer deny what we have created.  A community where we Do Good.

-Too young an age to have that happen to them. It is up to us to make it a memory - not a catastrophe!

They found it incredible that people across the world had heard about their problem.
She is sending me additional information so that we can communicate our progress.

I am asking for all of you wealthy Karmassians, you know who you are, donate 1M KARM to this cause.

Why not "Karms" instead of Karmassians?

Karms works.
Karmagood (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:02:45 PM

SENT 5m to the cause

THANK YOU!

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:04:13 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 11:16:08 PM by kosmost

!!Karmassian Pride!!

Karms works.

Here's an excerpt from the draft project plan I posted yesterday regarding language. It's just a draft to get feedback, so comments are appreciated.

Recommendation
Use "Ka" and "Karmas" for the currency unit.

Reasoning
We should anticipate the use of Units of Karmacoin currency in notations. There is no code for a special "K"-like character in the regular or extended ASCII table like there is for Dogecoin ("Ð"). We should therefore abstain from using any character(s) that cannot be typed.

Referring to the units as Karmas is inline with our brand and is already something that most people are familiar with. Shortened to "Ka" it is easy to pronounce and type. e.g., 300,000 ka or 300,000 karmas

"Ka" can also be extended in the branding message. For example, a stylized "Ka" could be one of the important elements in the periodic table of goodness (a la the periodic table of the elements). e.g., "Ka is the element of goodness"

Recommendation
Keep special meme-like terms to a bare minimum in order to bring in as many new users as possible.

Reasoning
Growth of our community will be aligned with accessibility of the various elements of Karmacoin. One of the most important elements is language. A technical community, for example, will not attract more casual members because of the language barriers to entry involved. Similarly, a community that lacks its own language and terms may not be able to develop its own identity. Therefore, it may be wise to only introduce a couple of obvious and/or relevant terms into the Karmacoin lexicon. This is even more true in light of the success of Dogecoin and its various memes.

Memes and special terms can be kept to a bare minimum in the beginning. This will allow the community to evolve its own language naturally as it grows. The following is a proposal that simplifies the terms used for two of the most common elements of our community (people and the currency) and also minimizes any potential friction with newcomers or provides some influential outsiders, such as the media, with the idea that we are not a serious community. [reference all of the memes on the dogecoin subreddit, which may hamper growth in the larger population]

Karmas = units of Karmacoin currency. Can possibly be shortened to "ka" when writing it out.
Karms = people of the Karmacoin community

Additional terms and memes will be organically grown by community members as we evolve.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
Karmagood (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:10:35 PM

!!Karmassian Pride!!

Karms works.

Here's an excerpt from the draft project plan I posted yesterday regarding language. It's just a draft to get feedback, so comments are appreciated.

Recommendation
Use "Ka" and "Karmas" for the currency unit.

Reasoning
We should anticipate the use of Units of Karmacoin currency in notations. There is no code for a special "K"-like character in the regular or extended ASCII table like there is for Dogecoin ("Ð"). We should therefore abstain from using any character(s) that cannot be typed.

Referring to the units as Karmas is inline with our brand and is already something that most people are familiar with. Shortened to "Ka" it is easy to pronounce and type. e.g., 300,000 ka or 300,000 karmas

"Ka" can also be extended in the branding message. For example, a stylized "Ka" could be one of the important elements in the periodic table of goodness (a la the periodic table of the elements). e.g., "Ka is the element of goodness"

Recommendation
Keep special meme-like terms to a bare minimum in order to bring in as many new users as possible.

Reasoning
Growth of our community will be aligned with accessibility of the various elements of Karmacoin. One of the most important elements is language. A technical community, for example, will not attract more casual members because of the barriers to entry involved. Similarly, a community that lacks its own language and terms may not be able to develop its own identity. Therefore, it may be wise to only introduce a couple of obvious and/or relevant terms into the Karmacoin lexicon. This is even more true in light of the success of Dogecoin and its various memes.

Memes and special terms be kept to a bare minimum in the beginning. This will allow the community to evolve its own language naturally as it grows. The following is a proposal that simplifies the terms used for two of the most common elements of our community (people and the currency) and also minimizes any potential friction with newcomers or provides some influential outsiders, such as the media, with the idea that we are not a serious community.

Karmas = units of Karmacoin currency. Can possibly be shortened to "ka" when writing it out.
Karms = people of the Karmacoin community

Additional terms and memes will be organically grown by community members as we evolve.

Brilliant
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:19:02 PM

i like :

1 coin - 1 karma

1000 - 1000 karma

i believe karma is both singular ad plural

we should come up with :

1 satoshis = ??

: )
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:40:02 PM

And a response to anyone thinking Karma is dead.  How many dead coins have 50 BTC worth of orders straddling the current market price?  When Karma takes off its going to be pretty sick and fast.  Coinmarketcap will have to deal with multiple days of triple digit growth precentages from Karma-goodness!  Cheesy   1000%+ 24-hr gain is going to be pretty epic on there.  

Karma is definitely oversold in the market currently. I can see why Rabbit or Panda are sitting at 1 satoshi, but karma definitely has a lot more potential than these crap coins. I'm still buying karma.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:56:54 PM

i like :

1 coin - 1 karma

1000 - 1000 karma

i believe karma is both singular ad plural

we should come up with :

1 satoshis = ??

: )

Yeah, I was thinking of Bitcoin and how the plural is "bitcoin"

I suppose we should go with whatever most people in the community say karma/karmas or something else we don't know yet

javijavier

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:00:50 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 12:15:03 AM by javijavier

help us to promote it!  Wink
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:24:50 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 04:19:01 AM by kosmost

The Karmacoin logo design contest is now live!

Go there now: https://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/bitcoin-logo-design-next-dogecoin-karmacoin-362189

Here's how it will work:

1) Contest started*
2) For the next 4 days, entries will be accepted from all designers
3) After that, several designs/designers will be selected for the final round
4) Final round lasts 3 days. This is when we approach the winning design. I will open up voting to the public (maximum of 8 designs that the public can vote on)
5) Winner chosen

The winning design of the contest does not mean that we will use this design for the Karmacoin logo. The contest is created to get a variety of logo ideas from different designers and bring us much closer to the final logo design. We will then need to survey potential future members/user of Karmacoin to get their feedback on all of our designs (those from the contest and those from the community). This will help us to weed out the weakest concepts. This way we can narrow down all of our designs to 2 or 3 good ones and then decide on the one that we will use. Hopefully, the survey results will indicate to us which designs our target market finds attractive and memorable, and which convey our intended message and best captures the personality of Karmacoin.

*If you'd like to donate to help cover the costs of this contest ($299 for 7 days; guaranteed to be a winner to attract more entries) you can send Karma to KBuE7G9Xf2JUgeUKPk6MkPkLNL6zXyznxz
Thanks!

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:08:05 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 08:41:43 AM by kosmost

New website design idea. Take a look!

I've managed to put together an example site for KarmaCoin. It uses drupal as the backend and includes:

• karmawall
  • chatbox (lower right, once logged in)
  • forums
  • blog feature

The idea is to make the site as accessible to people worldwide (and also on mobile) to allow the community to grow rapidly.

I've moved the karmawall posts to show up on the main page and added some categories to make it easier to find.

1 user login is good for all the functions above. People can also login with OpenID.

If we want, we could also allow each user to have their own blog and show their posts on the main page.

please take a look and provide feedback. It's just an example so is very rough around the edges.

http://viewtube.com/karmacoin/

Karmagood (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:19:12 AM

I've managed to put together an example site for KarmaCoin. It uses drupal as the backend and includes:

• karmawall
  • chatbox (lower right)
  • forums
  • blog feature

The idea is to make the site as accessible to people worldwide (and also on mobile) to allow the community to grow rapidly.

I've moved the karmawall posts to show up on the main page and added some categories to make it easier to find.

1 user login is good for all the functions above. People can also login with OpenID.

If we want, we could also allow each user to have their own blog and show their posts on the main page.

please take a look and provide feedback. It's just an example so is very rough around the edges.

I just need to Say - Wow!
MCAltcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:28:07 AM

There is movement at coinmarket.io
vdaevski

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:35:10 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 04:49:47 AM by vdaevski

PC Wallet
Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.

Faucet Daemon
    {
        "account" : "",
        "address" : "KRf5jZMJe9bFsPrXALsB16K4f7K7BhXx2E",
        "category" : "send",
        "amount" : -3.04499826,
        "fee" : -0.00100000,
        "confirmations" : 0,
        "txid" : "6aa771b4562b44641401e318647b8d8e7c7eb4e1b4223ae4d305c0499e76cedf",
        "time" : 1394253134,
        "timereceived" : 1394253134,
        "comment" : ""
    }

no confirmation

Yepyep

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:43:22 AM

• karmawall
  • chatbox (lower right)
  • forums
  • blog feature

I think you did a great job. My only feedback is that I don't like the white background, it just feels dated to me.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:51:59 AM

• karmawall
  • chatbox (lower right)
  • forums
  • blog feature

I think you did a great job. My only feedback is that I don't like the white background, it just feels dated to me.

Thanks.

We can always test with our potential target market. I usually don't design for what I like but what I think the target may like, then I test my assumptions by making a survey to see if they find it attractive and makes them want to participate, and whether or not it conveys the intended message and best captures the personality of what we're doing.

mashac

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:35:57 AM

Some often used karma symbols

mashac

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:38:36 AM

Karma Slogans that we can adopt

bcd

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:41:43 AM

• karmawall
  • chatbox (lower right)
  • forums
  • blog feature

Great work.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:01:35 AM

!!Karmassian Pride!!

Sending 3 Mil for now to help the cause  : )
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: