Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 09:29:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352384 times)
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:27:07 AM

KarmaCoin Project Plan - Phase 2 (March 9-May 24, 2014)

has been posted to our subreddit. Go there now: http://redd.it/1zxrrc

should we post this to r/CryptoCurrency so that people who were previously interested in KarmaCoin know what we're up to now? If we agree then someone can post it there. People may also be interested in the "microcredit" part of the plan. I think this is a natural extension for cryptocurrencies who are doing social causes.

now would be a great time for sure
everyone in the karma community is worried about the direction of the project.  (the low price doesn't help either)

I do believe you've just volunteered yourself  Grin Thanks for that. Please provide a link here when you've posted.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:37:12 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 04:09:15 AM by kosmost

The english is not suspicious thing all the points given by Dunking Style are trademarks of a scam also the website whois shows the domain registered a few days ago http://whois.domaintools.com/goodkarmaco.in and the address used in the registration leads to a residential house in Delhi. I have also contacted the Delhi Police Internet Cyber Crimes division and bought there attention to this matter if anyone else would like to do the same the more the better contact details are here http://cbi.nic.in/network.php#del

Good work there.
So far the evidence gathered:
1. Recently registered website
2. Recently registered facebook and twitter accounts
3. Fake facebook friends who registered in February and March
4. Fake promotion picture stolen from someone's blog

If this doesn't convince anyone, I don't know what will.
And in the very ridiculously unlikely event where he is actually legit, would u want someone like him running a charity with our branding?

We need to get some momentum going here in this crucial survival stage of karma coin.. and the last thing we need is for some negative media attention relating us to a scammer.

We should/will have an official list of charities and causes on the website. This is another reason why it's a good idea to have a unified web presence. I know people have spent some time developing and using karmacointalk.org, for example, but let's think about the future for a moment when we get loads of newcomers who are confused about where to go and what is what. It will not be clear to them which message is official or which charity is official (nevermind them not wanting to go to different domains to find the parts of KarmaCoin)

A clear, concise, and unified brand and message for KarmaCoin is essential. Website, wallet, graphics, etc, etc. (And I'll probably start typing "Karmacoin" if it makes more sense to outsiders)

We don't have that yet but we will soon. To me, it's the most important thing and comes before any press or Cryptsy.

Dunking Style

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:12:34 AM

should we post this to r/CryptoCurrency so that people who were previously interested in KarmaCoin know what we're up to now? If we agree then someone can post it there. People may also be interested in the "microcredit" part of the plan. I think this is a natural extension for cryptocurrencies who are doing social causes.

everyone in the karma community is worried about the direction of the project.  (the low price doesn't help either)

I do believe you've just volunteered yourself  Grin Thanks for that. Please provide a link here when you've posted.

Just tried it..but removed it cuz it looked unprofessional.
Not sure what kind of formatting you used..so maybe you should post instead o.o
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:17:10 AM

I do believe you've just volunteered yourself  Grin Thanks for that. Please provide a link here when you've posted.

Nothing special. I just clicked on "formatting help" below the input text box. Don't try to pass the the ball back to me! I know that's not your Dunking Style  Wink You already volunteered yourself for the task, so get back out there and give us a 1-point shot at least!

Dunking Style

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:33:49 AM

I do believe you've just volunteered yourself  Grin Thanks for that. Please provide a link here when you've posted.

Nothing special. I just clicked on "formatting help" below the input text box. Don't try to pass the the ball back to me! I know that's not your Dunking Style  Wink You already volunteered yourself for the task, so get back out there and give us a 1-point shot at least!

And now reddit doesn't want to let me post cuz I'm a "new" user.. smh

I think we should just link your post on r/karmacoin to r/cryptocurrency..and put a title like "[KARMACOIN] - No Premine.  Active dev + coordination team.  Growing community. - Check out our upcoming plans!"
That way anyone who click the link will go straight to the page on r/karmacoin..so we can have the discussion on one page.

Edit 3: It's on there now!
cryptowho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:44:50 AM

And now reddit doesn't want to let me post cuz I'm a "new" user.. smh

I think we should just link your post on r/karmacoin to r/cryptocurrency..and put a title like "[KARMACOIN] - No Premine.  Active dev + coordination team.  Growing community. - Check out our upcoming plans!"
That way anyone who click the link will go straight to the page on r/karmacoin..so we can have the discussion on one page.

Edit 3: It's on there now!

link us, fool!

: )

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
Dunking Style

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:47:37 AM

For everyone in the karma community..here are the future plans:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmacoin/comments/1zxrrc/karmacoin_project_plan_phase_2_march_9may_24_2014/

Grin
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:33:57 AM

These might be the droids you were looking for: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/1zy0zl/karmacoin_no_premine_active_dev_coordination_team/

Thanks again for the post. Slam dunk!

chdolar

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 09:49:01 AM

woohoo! placed another order at 1 Sat 60hrs ago... now it got filled Smiley ok, now Karma, you can rise Smiley
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:04:58 AM

Greetings, everyone in this list:

El3k0n                           PR/Communications                                (advise)
ShawnLeary                   PR/Communications/marketing                  (advise)
jtpeters                         Project lead                                          (advise)
Alphi                             PR/Communications                                (advise)
jwcplanet                      graphic maestro                                     (advise)
karmazaki                      communication channel development          (advise)
Bitwho                          PR/Communications/Project Lead               (advise)
Kosmost                        Project Lead                                          Fully Committed
Kartojal                        dev                                                       partially committed
ptman                          dev                                                      (advise)
javijavier                       reddit                                                   (advise)
Dunking Style                 Markets                                                (advise)

I'll be posting the Phase 2 project plan today so everyone can take a look and see where we're going (you may find it currently on the private r/karmacoinproject subreddit). We now need need to plan resources for the next few months.

Please advise on a (realistic) estimation of your committment to KarmaCoin over the next 3 months, and I'll mark it above. This will give us a better idea of time estimations so we can get things done. Let me know which one in the column I should put for your name:

• Fully Committed (I want to help us get to 500 satoshi and I'm willing to do what it takes)
  • partially committed (Please assign my role to someone else and I will chip in where I can)
  • not sure
  • can't commit now. (Please take me off the list)

As you have probably guessed by now, I like to work quickly and efficiently. This is not only believe the altcoin market is saturated and highly competitive, but also because I believe in KarmaCoin and believe that we can get to 500 satoshi by 2015. (This number represents a lot of things, particularly the value that we bring to everyone. It's a goal that is achievable under the right circumstances. This is how we do it.) WE CAN DO IT!

Many new coins are born every day. Many coins are dying every week. We want KarmaCoin to succeed, right? In order to not die, we need to work smart, work quickly, and get things done. Then when people around the world are using KarmaCoin in more ways than we can imagine right now we can take a break. But that time is not now. Now is the time for action.

Please reply here before Sunday at 6pm EST. If you're unable to respond by Wednesday the 12th we will assume that you're unable to commit at this time and your name will be automatically removed from the list. Thanks!

=partially committed=
My primary job is to observe the markets for any strange behaviors..but i may do some promotions/giveaways on game forums where there's a high concentration of tech savvy ppl(and thus..higher chance of potential users).
Got a day job and also volunteer..so if someone has more time..feel free to chip in as well!

I'll be happy to take part in whatever is needed, my superpowers are:
PR/Communications/marketing/project lead
I'm fully commited

Same here, fully committed.  Love what is happening, kosmost, you are the bomb!  Keep up the good work.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
BitTanker

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:36:06 AM

guys keep up the good work !  Grin

Karmacoin enthusiast! Doing good is good! - Social Network: http://karmashare.me - *beta Search Engine: http://www.lill.com by Karmacoin/Karmashares
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:46:16 AM

Paid bribery for listings is just disgusting.

At this stage, to coin developed, it needs new markets. I bought more than 100 votes yesterday cryptsy. Peace to all.

I certainly agree with the sentiments above... we should discourage people from using any kind of underhanded tricks / dodgy marketing to get this coin accepted anywhere.

My personal view is that any coin that cannot get listed or accepted based purely on its own merits does not deserve to exist.

the only thing that sets this coin apart form any of the other Me2 Bitcoin clones is its sense of community and purpose. It is the concept of the "trusted brand" that will make this coin valuable in the long run, so please try to be considerate of that fact when selling the idea of KarmaCoin to others.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
jwcplanet

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 10:48:39 AM

Here are the Karmaleaders.
Karmaroles.

El3k0n - PR/Communications
ShawnLeary - PR/Communications/marketing
jtpeters - Project lead
Alphi - PR/Communications
jwcplanet - graphic maestro
karmazaki - communication channel development
Bitwho - PR/Communications/Project Lead
ThorT -
Kartojal - dev
ptman - dev
javijavier - reddit
Dunking Style - Markets

I am working the activity list (project plan) - am I stepping on any toes?

Fully committed!

http://karmacointalk.org - Karmacoin Community Forum
Donate KARMA: KJjM7sMu9NgW5JoWMqxpypuymPhGjjmiZU
Donate BTC: 1M6tMBrDARDVVx8YgDapu4PyJ5JakvZY3G
BitTanker

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:54:53 AM

look if can be added to this game site: coin-horse.com

Karmacoin enthusiast! Doing good is good! - Social Network: http://karmashare.me - *beta Search Engine: http://www.lill.com by Karmacoin/Karmashares
Alphi

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:56:24 AM

woohoo! placed another order at 1 Sat 60hrs ago... now it got filled Smiley ok, now Karma, you can rise Smiley

yep nothing like getting in on the ground floor..
now you can spruik this coin to all your friends and start donating..

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
Alphi

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:07:41 AM

!!KarmaWOW!!  We are half way there!!!  Please help the Rancho Cucamonga Girl Scouts. Victims of Fraud.
Read the story here: http://t.co/BTVan7yOl9

DONATE: KB59U1WSjKuKxDHzgihJSF1Gsca51FcJUw

I just sent my measly 100K donation...

you know if the value of Karma rises over the next few days (which it should) then we will already be over target.
when corresponding with people who might accept our fund raising .. it might be worthwhile encouraging them to hold into the coins and think about donating any excess coins to a cause of their choosing at a later date when KarmaCoin gets more widely accepted and the value increases further.

the idea there is that by turning every recipient of donations into a holder and donater themselves, we grow our own user base and expand our grass roots advertising platform....

Alphi

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:36:31 AM

I'm working on a KarmaCoin Q&A style whitepaper...

If anyone has any questions they would like answered OR would like to pose a question and then answer it from their own perspective please feel free to do so ...

Thanks in advance

Alphi...

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:48:12 AM

I'm working on a KarmaCoin Q&A style whitepaper...

If anyone has any questions they would like answered OR would like to pose a question and then answer it from their own perspective please feel free to do so ...

Thanks in advance

Alphi...

Thanks for taking the initiative, Alphi. Should I mark you down as "fully" in the list below?

El3k0n                           PR/Communications                                (advise)
ShawnLeary                   PR/Communications/marketing                   Fully Committed
jtpeters                         Project lead                                          (advise)
Alphi                             PR/Communications                                (advise)
jwcplanet                      graphic maestro                                     Fully Committed
karmazaki                      communication channel development          Fully Committed
Bitwho                          PR/Communications/Project Lead               (advise)
Kosmost                        Project Lead                                          Fully Committed
Kartojal                        dev                                                       partially committed
ptman                          dev                                                      (advise)
javijavier                       reddit                                                   (advise)
Dunking Style                 Markets                                                Fully Committed

see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447657.msg5587201#msg5587201 for details in case you missed it

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 12:03:01 PM

Same here, fully committed.  Love what is happening, kosmost, you are the bomb!  Keep up the good work.

Thanks, but we haven't really done much yet. We just got started a couple of days ago. Much more to come...

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 12:21:09 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 12:32:17 PM by kosmost

On the lighter side of things...

Dogecoin: Give a man a fish...
Karmacoin: Teach a man how to fish
Mintcoin: Fish for at least 20 days, then you will have more fish
Auroracoin: We will airdrop fish to every sailor on every boat!
Mazacoin: You know... I don't remember ordering the fish
Vertcoin: Our fishes are net-resistant
Dopecoin: Smoked fish is da bomb!
PandaCoin: Confucious says, "After 3 days, fish and coins start to stink"
Litecoin: To fish, or not to fish. That is the question.
Bitcoin: Jiro Loves Sushi (@$650 a meal)

I was just thinking of how Dogecoin and Karmacoin are different and got carried away...

Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: