Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:34:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352319 times)
BitTanker

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:48:26 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 06:27:55 PM by BitTanker

price low, but volume increasing 3x. awesome ! prepare for rise.
fewer coins, more users, more buyers, more projects/charity !
slow and steady !  Cool

----

Would be cool to create a campaign: http://thewaterproject.org/
There is something worse than hunger or thirst?

already posted this, but it never hurts  Grin

----

Karmacoin enthusiast! Doing good is good! - Social Network: http://karmashare.me - *beta Search Engine: http://www.lill.com by Karmacoin/Karmashares
Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:33:45 PM

And has gotten it's private calculator which can be found at https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/karm

Coin    Difficulty    Coin reward/day    Exchange rate BTC    Exchange rate USD    Revenue/day    Days to create 1 BTC
KarmaCoin   17.05200000    601656.666782    Mintpal 0.00000001    6.4155E-6    $3.86    166.21

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:48:39 PM

I sent the balance of what we need for the girl scout fund

you were not kidding. Over 35 millions raised!!!!!

way to go guys. Way to help out those girls. Now lets see what the next step is.
javijavier

Activity: 158

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:39:46 PM

El3k0n                           PR/Communications                               (advise)
ShawnLeary                   PR/Communications/marketing                  Fully Committed
Kosmost                        Project Lead                                         Fully Committed
Alphi                             PR/Communications                                partially committed+
jwcplanet                      graphic maestro                                     Fully Committed
karmazaki                     communication channel development          Fully Committed
Bitwho                           PR/Communications/Project Lead             (advise)
Kartojal                         dev                                                      partially committed
ptman                           dev                                                      (advise)
javijavier                       reddit                                                   (advise)
Dunking Style                 Markets                                                Fully Committed

I'm in!!

Fully Committed
Dunking Style

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:02:39 PM

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

We need to report Rohatagi Rahul.

Worship foundation helps musicians.... LEARN ABOUT GOD.
Grace children's ministries help people LEARN ABOUT GOD.
In other words, you are paying someone to preach.
Just take a look at their websites..THAT SHOULD TELL YOU EVERYTHING ABOUT THE LEGITIMACY OF HIS SO CALLED "CHARITY".

Fulora.org website isn't even up.
And don't even bother with those bank accounts.

No wonder you don't want the public to know anything about your plans..because it's easier to sneak by one person rather than a whole community.

SCAM. SCAM. SCAM.
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:09:04 PM

Hello.Sorry my english not perfect!!!

My friends talked me about bitcoin, litecoin , mining one month ago. They miners cryptocurrency. 
You can call or write them and check them,  its a real orphanages.   I was volunteer when i were studying at university.  My friends took photos and pictures from internet and made website not for money and help me to registrate in social websites and tuned their miners to this address on website. We have more then 110 000 000 karma during the last two weeks. We planned to transfer money for orphanages. We worked hard, and free to make this website. We are not expert in the internet and did not know what DDOS attack is. After we start our website we were attacked by DDOS. WE ARE SHOCKED AND WE DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. WE ARE VERY DISAPPOINTING. We planned to ask Indian newspappers and Delhi TV channels on the next week for posting this news. I can show my personal ID and transaction history only admin of this resource, NOT FOR PUBLIC VIEWING.  PEOPLE! You can help orphanages not only by KARMACOIN, but by the REAL MONEY. You can see their adress and requisites using google: INDIAN ORPHANAGES or sites, which i were posted before. if it is fundamentally , we can place the OFFICIAL ADMINISTRATOR KARMACOIN ADRESS ON OUR SITE. WE REPAIRED OUR WEBSITE. We are ready to open after an agreement with the administrator
I worked with real orphanages such as

Hi Rahul,  

KarmaCoin is an open source project so there are no official administrators.
anyone can use their own KarmaCoin address to collect donations, however, in order for your charity to be taken seriously I would suggest the following:

make a video for your project.
make a detailed plan or blog on what you plan to do with the donations.
show progress on how the money is being spent.
have your charity independently verified, this can be done by getting your local news media to cover a story about your charity and how it is using KarmaCoin to help fund its progress..

if you do this then you might get some small donations initially, but if people can see how the money is being used for good purposes then you will get more donations.

Regards,

Alphi

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:27:00 PM

SCAM. SCAM. SCAM.

Rather than yelling out scam at the top of our lungs I think we should encourage people to be careful with their money but also allow them to make their own choices on how it is donated.
I absolutely agree that people should be very wary about giving Karma to unverified people and organizations over the internet and that the core of the KarmaCoin community should try to stay out of politics and religion, but that doesn't mean that people who use KarmaCoins can't support whatever cause they want.

Since KarmaCoin cannot reverse transactions or verify that they are being used for their intended purposes we should be advising people to only donate very small amounts until they see that the money has been put to good use.

I think it would be a good idea for us to get to the point where the KarmaCoin website is able to list those campaigns which are actively supported and also those which are considered suspicious so that people who want to donate money have an easy way of seeing what the prevailing sentiment is. (Some kind of community rating system would be awesome)

since we have no direct authority, we need to find a better mechanism for building a trust between those who donate and those who receive.

Just my 2c.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Rohatagi Rahul

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:22:55 PM

SCAM. SCAM. SCAM.

Rather than yelling out scam at the top of our lungs I think we should encourage people to be careful with their money but also allow them to make their own choices on how it is donated.
I absolutely agree that people should be very wary about giving Karma to unverified people and organizations over the internet and that the core of the KarmaCoin community should try to stay out of politics and religion, but that doesn't mean that people who use KarmaCoins can't support whatever cause they want.

Since KarmaCoin cannot reverse transactions or verify that they are being used for their intended purposes we should be advising people to only donate very small amounts until they see that the money has been put to good use.

I think it would be a good idea for us to get to the point where the KarmaCoin website is able to list those campaigns which are actively supported and also those which are considered suspicious so that people who want to donate money have an easy way of seeing what the prevailing sentiment is. (Some kind of community rating system would be awesome)

since we have no direct authority, we need to find a better mechanism for building a trust between those who donate and those who receive.

Just my 2c.

Thank you for your understanding.
 we were very disappointing when our site was attacking.
Karma and India is very suited to each other.
March 17th we will celebrate the Holi festival.

we wanted the money raised to buy sweets and toys for children or sent to a bank account to the Centre of Concern for Child Labour
Address 201 Pankaj Tower Mayur Vihar-I New Delhi - 110091, India or Child Survival India
Address Deepa Bajaj, 33-C, Z-1, Dilshad Garden, Delhi - 110095 Delhi, India and many others. These are real orphanages, you can check or call. In Delhi more than 65 orphanages.
 I can turn to New Delhi Television Ltd. after March 17 and my friend will send the news to local newspapers and news sites
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:43:09 PM

SCAM. SCAM. SCAM.

Just my 2c.

we wanted the money raised to buy sweets and toys for children or sent to a bank account to the Centre of Concern for Child Labour
Address 201 Pankaj Tower Mayur Vihar-I New Delhi - 110091, India or Child Survival India
Address Deepa Bajaj, 33-C, Z-1, Dilshad Garden, Delhi - 110095 Delhi, India and many others. These are real orphanages, you can check or call. In Delhi more than 65 orphanages.
 I can turn to New Delhi Television Ltd. after March 17 and my friend will send the news to local newspapers and news sites
If your intentions are good, do your thing, but choose an escrow service that is widely trusted (since it's for a humanitarian causes, most escrow would do it free of charge). People would send the money to the trusted escrow, you would make the arrangements with the charity cases, and we, the community and the escrow party would verify with the said charity before sending any funds THEIR way, not your way.

If, for any reason, you cannot agree to this, please go away.
Rohatagi Rahul

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:03:28 AM

SCAM. SCAM. SCAM.

Just my 2c.

If your intentions are good, do your thing, but choose an escrow service that is widely trusted (since it's for a humanitarian causes, most escrow would do it free of charge). People would send the money to the trusted escrow, you would make the arrangements with the charity cases, and we, the community and the escrow party would verify with the said charity before sending any funds THEIR way, not your way.

No need to send money to me exactly
 Please contact me and inform wallet karmakoin administrator.

I have a small office in the local charity hospital. I can inform the orphanages and events in our city.
Rohatagi Rahul

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:12:07 AM

https://i.imgur.com/Lvg9oLB.jpg
Rohatagi Rahul

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:26:23 AM

I love this photo. and you?
https://i.imgur.com/mskMIlX.jpg
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:48:01 AM

SCAM. SCAM. SCAM.

Just my 2c.

No need to send money to me exactly
 Please contact me and inform wallet karmakoin administrator.

I have a small office in the local charity hospital. I can inform the orphanages and events in our city.

Ok, well I would suggest someone from the karma team take care of finding a suitable escrow and funds will only be sent to verified charities. Note that people are thorough, funds won't be sent after a simple phone verification that can be answered by anybody.

Other than that, I am sorry if you are 100% legit, this community has been scammed over and over and over and especially with the karma moto, fund raising for a scam would be a new low. If you are legit, I am sure you can appreciate the fact that people wanna be sure this goes to a good cause instead of a thief.

Cheers.
BitTanker

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:56:00 AM

I agree, if made the necessary legitimacy checks, i believe be a good cause.  Grin

Karmacoin enthusiast! Doing good is good! - Social Network: http://karmashare.me - *beta Search Engine: http://www.lill.com by Karmacoin/Karmashares
Rohatagi Rahul

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:01:34 AM

I agree too
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 01:19:16 AM

Be careful..very likely a scam.
Why is that?

1. New user
2. Spelling mistakes everywhere on his official site
3. This one is the biggest one.. go take a look at his facebook.  At first..it seems normal..and he seems to have normal friends.  But go look into his friend list and you can see what's wrong.  "Works at God", "Works at student", "Working at Servant of Allah", "Works at Study", "Works at owner of gd sex".
4. If you click into his friends individually..and keep scrolling down to the bottom and pressing "more info"..you will see that their profile were all created during February and March of this year.  The twitter was also created in February.

Conclusion?  Otherwise proven..this has a big SCAM written all over it.

I would agree that is is suspicious but of course can't be sure yet. But we definitely need a process, because more of these will pop up as we go along. I'm sure Dogecoin gets hundreds of these requests with a few scams mixed in.

Who will volunteer to draft a process for new causes? Anyone?

No volunteers? Nobody will step up to the plate to address a problem that we're having right now? What happened to all the "fully committed" statements?

This is really something that would take about 10 minutes to draft.

1) draft it up
2) discuss, get feedback
3) re-work draft, repeat #2, finalize

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 02:04:41 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 02:20:27 AM by kosmost

Logo Contest Update

Our logo contest* ends in about 4-5 days. In about 2 days we will select finalists who will compete to win the contest. I will also create a poll to help select the winning design (and probably the finalists).

The designs you see are being tweaked by the designers. They are also still coming up with new concepts. We can take a couple of concepts that we really like and tweak them some more (color, lines, etc) to come up with something that we really like.

To select the winner of the contest a survey of outsiders will be conducted. We will tell them a little about what we're doing then they'll tell us which logo design suits our concept best and which one they like most. It is important that we conduct this survey because attracting newcomers to Karmacoin is one of our main goals. Our image + message is how we can do it.

And then we will decide between that winning designs and any that our community came up with.

It seems that the design I came up with shouldn't be used, as at least 1 other person has thought of the elephant-as-Fibonacci spiral concept. Having been looking at Fibonacci pretty much all my life (as well as having discovered a rare Fibonacci sub-sequence a few years ago) and currently being surrounded by elephants in the mountains of Thailand, I thought it was clever! But it seems other people have thought of the same thing lol. So I've eliminated the designs so we don't have to worry about confusion.

*https://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/bitcoin-logo-design-next-dogecoin-karmacoin-362189

ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:24:07 AM

Be careful..very likely a scam.
Why is that?

1. New user
2. Spelling mistakes everywhere on his official site
3. This one is the biggest one.. go take a look at his facebook.  At first..it seems normal..and he seems to have normal friends.  But go look into his friend list and you can see what's wrong.  "Works at God", "Works at student", "Working at Servant of Allah", "Works at Study", "Works at owner of gd sex".
4. If you click into his friends individually..and keep scrolling down to the bottom and pressing "more info"..you will see that their profile were all created during February and March of this year.  The twitter was also created in February.

Conclusion?  Otherwise proven..this has a big SCAM written all over it.

I would agree that is is suspicious but of course can't be sure yet. But we definitely need a process, because more of these will pop up as we go along. I'm sure Dogecoin gets hundreds of these requests with a few scams mixed in.

Who will volunteer to draft a process for new causes? Anyone?

No volunteers? Nobody will step up to the plate to address a problem that we're having right now? What happened to all the "fully committed" statements?

This is really something that would take about 10 minutes to draft.

1) draft it up
2) discuss, get feedback
3) re-work draft, repeat #2, finalize

I will take care of it.   

US non-profits are fairly straight forward and have a tax-ID which establishes them as such.  As for the rest of the world, each country would have their own process. 

I think we should steer the focus of karma coin, as an org, away from specific charities.  If any owner of Karma wants to support a mission, put together a call for action, like what we are doing for the Girl Scouts, and let the community decide.  Garnering support is really the onus of the initial donor.  Karmacoin is not a charity, we are a group of charitable people with the same mission.  We choose to donate in Karmacoin and not other coins.  If a fellow Karminion has a mission and feels it's worthwhile to request back-up, we will be there. 

I feel we should definitely focus on equipping the charities themselves with the ability to add "Give Karma" on their websites and educate them to the massive power of crowd sourced micro donations.

The most profound component of Karma is the ability to donate small amounts of money with little to no overhead.  We need to sell our mission and technology as a way to capture 10-30% more funds by bringing back those nickel and dime donations that just weren't possible for the last couple decades.  Right now there is no way to collect that type of donation due to the cost of mailing a check or physically transporting change.  The days of bringing around a March of Dimes can or manning red buckets ringing bells outside of the grocery store are no more. 

As we define the mission statement, perhaps, "Empowering the world's charities with the power of Karma."

I will put together an example POA (Plan of Action) for new charities, outlining how they can take advantage of the full utility of Karma and how they might, might, garner the support of fellow karminians to rally around their project. 

SL

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:36:35 AM

Take a look at these artsy custom QR codes.  I wonder if our Give Karma icon/logo should be hidden inside say a Lotus or Elephant or whatever.  It would be a recognizable logo and be functional for scanning for each charity website.

http://qrcode.kaywa.com/static/examples

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 04:35:56 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 05:12:27 AM by kosmost

Just a note: This is the cheapest you will ever find KARM for sale. 1 satoshi is a steal, especially considering the following in the next week:

1) new, user-friendly website (with Karmagood's blessing)
2) new logo and branding
3) mission statement + message
4) reward halving

Accomplishing 30% of Phase 2 goals in 1 week's time is wonderful. We then have 10 more weeks to do the rest of Phase 2. Talking to Moolah to get our coin integrated will come after we have 1-3 above and, once done, will mean that 70% of Phase 2 goals will have been satisfied!

Once we have that it would take about a week to put up a site for some of the other parts (or integrate it into our main site). Nothing fancy. We already have the modules in place with #1. Not much developing is necessary, just some minor configuration. We need only add a couple of items to get started, and we go from there.

...and, of course, I personally will not stop until after Karmacoin reaches 500 satoshi  (~$100 million market cap at current coin level)  Grin

We can do this!

Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: