Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:10:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352347 times)
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:43:34 PM

There's a difference between spreading FUD and honestly discussing reality.  Like I said, I'm sure I've invested more than you, and I have absolutely no reason to spread FUD.  What we do need is a fire under our asses to kick everything into high gear.  That doesn't mean "EVERYONE QUICK GO BUY 100 BTC WORTH".  It means "to do everything possible to promote this coin and its virtues in as urgent a manner as possible."  Trading at LTC WILL mean lower prices.  The reason being that the vast majority of people in the altcoin community buy coins to speculate on future value.  If the prices are so low that now that no one is buying at 1 satoshi, there's no reason to think we'll have such an influx of new buyers in an LTC market to push it beyond 1 satoshi in value.  Of course it's POSSIBLE, but incredibly unlikely.   If, we have an LTC market AND a BTC market, then what you speak of is far more likely.  But once the BTC market is gone, it's very unlikely to come back.  The point of what I'm saying is not FUD.  We are a community facing a reality, we either confront it and take action immediately or we run around with our fingers in our ears singing "la la la la" and hope that our positive energy is good enough.  Openly speaking about reality is not FUD or is it even negative, it is the MOST positive thing you can do because it actually works towards getting us where we want to go.
so you think with massive promotion and all the good things that can possibly done (which is in fact a good objective), that smart investors (because let's be honest, the smart ones are the ones with the money, and with wealth dispersion being held by them primarily, that's who want) will suddenly start buying a currency with a friggen 100% spread? No F'ing way.

Please open a ltc market where you can actually friggen buy something without fear of losing half your wealth per pip or the pipe dream of it increasing one friggen pip overnight to double your money.
Karmagood (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:49:43 PM

Also, the girl scout fund has been fully raised for a couple days now with absolutely zero feedback from it. This needs to be addressed.

I am waiting to hear back from my contact there.
As soon as we connect - we will announce it to the world via a press release.
I will call her in the AM.
cryptowho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:51:47 PM

There's a difference between spreading FUD and honestly discussing reality.  Like I said, I'm sure I've invested more than you, and I have absolutely no reason to spread FUD.  What we do need is a fire under our asses to kick everything into high gear.  That doesn't mean "EVERYONE QUICK GO BUY 100 BTC WORTH".  It means "to do everything possible to promote this coin and its virtues in as urgent a manner as possible."  Trading at LTC WILL mean lower prices.  The reason being that the vast majority of people in the altcoin community buy coins to speculate on future value.  If the prices are so low that now that no one is buying at 1 satoshi, there's no reason to think we'll have such an influx of new buyers in an LTC market to push it beyond 1 satoshi in value.  Of course it's POSSIBLE, but incredibly unlikely.   If, we have an LTC market AND a BTC market, then what you speak of is far more likely.  But once the BTC market is gone, it's very unlikely to come back.  The point of what I'm saying is not FUD.  We are a community facing a reality, we either confront it and take action immediately or we run around with our fingers in our ears singing "la la la la" and hope that our positive energy is good enough.  Openly speaking about reality is not FUD or is it even negative, it is the MOST positive thing you can do because it actually works towards getting us where we want to go.

The number one reason all coins suffer from is that they are expected to be into an exchange right away. Everyone saw dogecoin and they all went , omg , omg .. i am mining this coin. please quick put it into the exchange and let me sell all my millions.

now this exchanges have created supper pools and ponzhi schemes. No coin is worth its price withing 2 week in an exchange. So joining an exchange it looks catastrophic to only the ones that want to make a quick buck.

most of the coins before , had to mature , show a purpose before they were added to an exchange. that meant that mostly real believers mined the coin. the didn't expect to join an exchange anytime soon. So no one mined to dump. they mined it to hold.

game's all changed now.

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
Karmagood (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:56:30 PM

Also, the girl scout fund has been fully raised for a couple days now with absolutely zero feedback from it. This needs to be addressed.

She just called me.
She said "You are awesome thank you for being awesome."
We will inform the world in the next 24 hours.
Evolvo

Activity: 528

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 11:02:22 PM

The spread issue is exaggerated.  A. most of these big walls disappear when any real movement begins happening. B. most people that buy altcoins are doing so in small amounts, it doesn't entirely depend on big whales. C. If an LTC market appears IN ADDITION to BTC market that would be helpful for helping shave down the large walls.  If the BTC market disappears to be replaced by an LTC market then there will probably be active trading by day traders, but the coin will essentially be done and it will fizzle out.  We need to make sure the BTC markets stay active. period.

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273
zjtwohaha

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:05:09 PM

She just called me.
Catch the time, please.More and more sell order at 1.
Karmagood (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:09:11 PM

Please retweet the Karmagood tweets into your networks.
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:11:20 PM

guys please stop panicking

nothing we do to the exchange mechanisms will affect the price all that much.
lets not try to be like the Federal reserve and try to pull too many strings..

this is a free market.. and being a free market it will work itself out.
at the moment every alt coin is struggling for a piece of the very limited btc that are actually in play.
that means that almost every alt coin is barely breaking even for GPU miners.

with the scrypt asics coming into the market this is only putting more pressure on GPU miners.

just like when we had the split from BTC to LTC when sha256 asics came onboard many GPU miners are being faced with a choice:

Leave Scrypt, Stay and hope the prices rise OR switch off their miners.

Ultimately at some point in the next few months a lot of GPU miners will leave Scrypt coins. Some who have lost faith will dump part of their Scrypt coin positions.

all of this is to be expected..

Mt Gox spooking the market and the proliferation of pump and dumps has only made the situation more murky for people looking to get into altcoins.

things will get worse before they get better but if the community sticks together then KarmaCoin will overcome and flourish.

There's Doge, there is Kitteh, there is Max there is Min, there is Sun there is Moon, but there is only one KarmaCoin.

So this I say to you brothers and sisters.... If you want to run away then forget about your coins and come back in a few months time... if you want to stay then lets stop arguing about stupid technicals and stick with the fundamentals. no stock, no commodity, no currency can trade if its fundamentals aren't solid and those fundamentals are simply the following: infrastructure, information and community...

if anyone wants to argue with me.. hit me up in a few months time when I have time to listen to all the hypotheticals and speculation. until then I will focus my time on the fundamentals and growing this coin.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
matauc12

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:19:48 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 11:35:37 PM by matauc12

The spread issue is exaggerated.  A. most of these big walls disappear when any real movement begins happening. B. most people that buy altcoins are doing so in small amounts, it doesn't entirely depend on big whales. C. If an LTC market appears IN ADDITION to BTC market that would be helpful for helping shave down the large walls.  If the BTC market disappears to be replaced by an LTC market then there will probably be active trading by day traders, but the coin will essentially be done and it will fizzle out.  We need to make sure the BTC markets stay active. period.
The spread issue is NOT exaggerated, in fact I probably don't say it enough. For EVERY pip, the market cap changes anywhere between 100% and 10% sub 10 satoshi.

There will be infinite fucking supply below 10 satoshi. Supply and demand in crypto (because there is no shortage) is willingness to sell vs willingness to buy. People are WILLING to sell at 100% profit. Even moreso at 200% and 500% and 1000%, so essentially, in order for the price to rise to 5 satoshi, you most likely need to turnover 3-4 times the total coin supply. If you think any promotion is gonna raise the trade volume to about 600btc, let me know, I'll hope right on board.
cryptowho

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:23:31 PM

aye, all the IPO and premined scams around this forums is hurting all the cryptocoins. The market is saturated. Most of the people investing from the btc blow up are probably screwed out of their btcs. Also mount gox hurt btc hoarders. but the next wave of good new from btc will bring new wave of eager investors here. you being able to buy and sell this coin and any other coin from october to now is thanks to btc creating this news.

oh well. i bought me a nice 1 btc order and time to go do giveaways

to everyone here , being frustrated. we can not control the prices. but we sure as hell are not going to let this coins die.

one more thing to keep in mind. This coin is barely a month old. I feel like everyone here is expecting to be a millionaire.

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
cryptowho

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:25:57 PM

The spread issue is exaggerated.  A. most of these big walls disappear when any real movement begins happening. B. most people that buy altcoins are doing so in small amounts, it doesn't entirely depend on big whales. C. If an LTC market appears IN ADDITION to BTC market that would be helpful for helping shave down the large walls.  If the BTC market disappears to be replaced by an LTC market then there will probably be active trading by day traders, but the coin will essentially be done and it will fizzle out.  We need to make sure the BTC markets stay active. period.
The spread issue is NOT exaggerated, in fact I probably don't say it enough. For EVERY pip, the market cap changes anywhere between 100% and 10% sub 10 satoshi.

There will be infinite fucking supply below 10 satoshi. Supply and demand in crypto (because there is no shortage) is willingness to sell vs willingness to buy. People are WILLING to sell at 100% profit. Even moreso at 200% and 500% and 1000%, so essentially, in order for the price to rise to 5 satoshi, you most likely need to turnover 3-4 takes the total coin supply. If you think any promotion is gonna raise the trade volume to about 600btc, let me know, I'll hope right on board.

do you see this being the case if we work hard and adapt this coins with our ideas? meaning marketing this coins to reward those who do good? i do. just not this week : )

matauc12

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:33:38 PM

The spread issue is exaggerated.  A. most of these big walls disappear when any real movement begins happening. B. most people that buy altcoins are doing so in small amounts, it doesn't entirely depend on big whales. C. If an LTC market appears IN ADDITION to BTC market that would be helpful for helping shave down the large walls.  If the BTC market disappears to be replaced by an LTC market then there will probably be active trading by day traders, but the coin will essentially be done and it will fizzle out.  We need to make sure the BTC markets stay active. period.

There will be infinite fucking supply below 10 satoshi. Supply and demand in crypto (because there is no shortage) is willingness to sell vs willingness to buy. People are WILLING to sell at 100% profit. Even moreso at 200% and 500% and 1000%, so essentially, in order for the price to rise to 5 satoshi, you most likely need to turnover 3-4 takes the total coin supply. If you think any promotion is gonna raise the trade volume to about 600btc, let me know, I'll hope right on board.

do you see this being the case if we work hard and adapt this coins with our ideas? meaning marketing this coins to reward those who do good? i do. just not this week : )
Oh, I most certainly do, or else I wouldn't have anywhere near the amount of coins I own. I believe in this coin, i am probably one of the biggest holders, I've donated huge amounts (in fact I donated 70% of the girl scouts fund myself because no one else was donating, where are all those big shots pretending to do good?). But I also know how unhealthy it is to have that much spread and the longer we hurt ourselves locked out of trading like this, the least likely we are to succeed.

I try to say that it's a good thing to get a ltc market, we don't have the market cap yet to trade 40 billion at 8 decimals. We don't even deserve a higher market cap besides for speculative purpose. So let's do like the guy above said (although he seemed to have no idea what it meant), build the fundamental, make the market cap be WORTH more, not speculatively. And the hype needed to make this coin succeed will not happen with this retarded spread. Remember, we are trading at 100% spread when spreads are usually about 1%, and people think it's normal?

You want to trade at 400litoshis, not 10 satoshi. Or 2000litoshi, not 25 satoshi. Bring it to 5000 litoshi and then let's talk about aatoshis
cryptowho

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:58:00 PM

yes, as far as exchanges go. sure,

i know that most people prefer to hold bitcoin. and trading with ltc might hurt us a little bit. to buy karmas ,one has to trade bitcoin with ltcs and then karma with lts

what ever. thats is small talks

we need to focus on the community. i wanted the site to be revised a bit more before we did a donation. we should have a one stop for all to see and come to find out what this cause is for. Look at reddcoin. The are a more professional coin. Also a strong point that there is room for coins still. as long as they work hard and have a goal. reddcoin will blow up next. they look more professional. I haven't kept up with them so i am not sure if this recent spike is legit. but their reddit community is growing. ( kinda have a feeling some one is hyping it hype)

pugwilfy

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:59:18 PM

ask and ye shall get

Karmacoin (KARM)
Block Reward: 260,000.00
Blocks: 50,110
Block Time: 1.00 minute(s)

coinwarz updated Wink

none random block reward
cryptowho

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:00:13 AM

ask and ye shall get

Karmacoin (KARM)
Block Reward: 260,000.00
Blocks: 50,110
Block Time: 1.00 minute(s)

coinwarz updated Wink

none random block reward

yes!  *internet high five*

pugwilfy

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:03:53 AM

while it doesnt look too good now as we dropped a lot to that.. it is a true reflection of where we are at now.. so if we become more profitable people will jump on the coin and get us some much needed publicity
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:25:28 AM

while there might not be a buy order on mintpal there are people buying at 1 but due to no order its just going straight through

Meanwhile the sell wall at 1 satoshis is growing....I hope people here understand the urgency...if this doesn't reverse TODAY....this coin will be delisted...sent to LTC markets to never return.  Something has to be done now...I'm willing to put up a good amount of KARM for bounties, donations, etc.....we have to act NOW..and we have to act BIG or we're done

Got it, you said that last page.  There are 92B Karma coming.  The mining community around this is strong.  If you notice no one is moving their sale orders down to 1 Satoshi.  This coin will be back.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:27:30 AM

I think we should ask to Mintpal to create a LTC market before trade volume decrease too much. What do you think about this guys ?

Mintpal will do it once the coin has been trading with near zero volume for an extended period of time.  Cage coin and Rabbit have been basically zero for months.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
xtrm

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:27:59 AM

She just called me.

How will the Girls scout team cash out the Karma coins if there is already 1 satoshi sell orders > 6 btc and no buyers..?
cryptowho

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:29:10 AM

all coins are suffering. the market its saturated. almost everyone that came from the bitcoin explosure since november is beat up and tired.
few more coins will get a pump then it will be all over. it should quiet down.

then hopefully bitcoin blow up again and brings new custumers.

that is the reason we are working to build the community. so we won't have to rely on bitcoin to bring in the entertainment.

Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: