Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:33:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:42:10 PM

First Post!

@gonzoucab

Im here to help spread the mintcoin revolution

Venezuela present!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:45:27 PM

First Post!

@gonzoucab

Venezuela present!

Welcome. The revolution is here. Mintcoin has no limits. The community keeps growing, getting stronger and stronger and the infrastructure keeps growing, adding more and more value to Mintcoin. Institutional investors keep joining cryptocurrencies funneling more and more money into Bitcoin and Mintcoin.

stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:54:16 PM

I've also been on hashcows for the past 36 hours and seems to be good profit thus far.  I just have not received any MINT yet (not that BTC is bad, but having hashcows buy MINT consistently is gonna drive the price up)

And yes before ppl say I'm lazy, I could cash out BTC and buy MINT, but I'd rahter hashcows get their process straight.

GO SIGN UP! https://www.hashco.ws

Even when you select Mint as the payout they still payout in BTC?

No, I haven't been paid out in anything yet as they only do the pay out once a day, but on my main page it has a "Confirmed Exchanged" balance for BTC (It's at about .002 BTC right now).  My assumption would be that since I requested MINT, that BTC value will be converted to MINT before cash out.

Again, only an assumption.  I have the request out to Hashcows right now for clarification.  Being so new, I think they just need to update the site to show how much MINT has been converted.

I'll update as it unfolds, but I am getting great value thus far.

Hi,  Hashcows Admin here.  Glad to see people trying us out.  The estimates are indeed just in BTC at this point, but rest assured you'll get mint come payout time.  We wanted to get this out the door and the important bits stress tested and ensured accurate.  We'll try and get proper estimated values in the currency your actually cashing out in, in the coming days. 

Happy Mining Smiley

Awesome! Thank you, nearmiss. My mining rig is still in the works (I'm quite new to the cryptocurrency scene) but when I get it I will be pointing in hashcow's direction.
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:57:19 PM

First Post!

@gonzoucab

Venezuela present!

Welcome, and good coin to select for your first post.

Over time MINT will show all the others how it's done!  Wink  
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:05:43 PM

(I come in peace as I hold some MINTs)

Please disregard any idiots in the whole BC vs MINT debate. Both coins are going to continuously use eachother's ideas. Both sides might as well get used to it. And if the ideas are very solid, both coins not can, but will succeed. Let's just be glad there's only one real competition between us right now. And this competition (if you want to view it like that) is good. Because it promotes development. And who knows - one day if a new amazing PoS hits the altcoin scene, BC and MINT may even have to hold hands.

P.S. if both succeed in the long BC is the BTC of PoS MINT is the LTC , because BC has a ticker that's similar to BTC and MINT has a larger supply? Deal? Cheesy
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 08:07:21 PM

I've just launched https://mintcoin-dice.com
Congratulations!

Can we invest in it, like for just-dice.com?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
ahbartsch

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:09:46 PM

Congratulations!

Can we invest in it, like for just-dice.com?

That's what I'm waiting for. Someone do this and I will invest.
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:10:01 PM

First Post!

@gonzoucab

Venezuela present!

Welcome. The revolution is here. Mintcoin has no limits. The community keeps growing, getting stronger and stronger and the infrastructure keeps growing, adding more and more value to Mintcoin. Institutional investors keep joining cryptocurrencies funneling more and more money into Bitcoin and Mintcoin.

http://i59.tinypic.com/raaupt.jpg

I mined from block 250! put all my 10MHS to mint since day 1!
Now i am a happy mintin guy! it produces enough to give a lot of giveaways and sharing mint!

Also wann contact David Latapie, i want my name in the fundation and i know theres no pay, just work to help spread the future of cryptocurrency!
Crindon

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:14:41 PM

First Post!

@gonzoucab

Venezuela present!

I mined from block 250! put all my 10MHS to mint since day 1!
Now i am a happy mintin guy! it produces enough to give a lot of giveaways and sharing mint!

Also wann contact David Latapie, i want my name in the fundation and i know theres no pay, just work to help spread the future of cryptocurrency!

Excellent. That's a lot of hashrate. Yeah, the amount of Mintcoins from minting is really pleasant. Just over 1% every 20 days and a bit more than 20% per annum.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 08:41:16 PM

I did not noted people who wanted to be on the board of director for the Fund on a spreadhsheet and now this is dispatched between mail, email, forum...

Please could everyone interested PM me again with the title "Fund". Your PM won't guarantee you in anyway that you will be on the board, this is just a call for candidacy for the moment.
Reminder: you won't get a penny from it, you will have responsability and some availability will be required.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:04:38 PM

bitcointalk issues.... zzzzzslow

any coin that makes me a profit.
greenclover

Activity: 195

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:20:00 PM

bitcointalk issues.... zzzzzslow
It seems ok for me...
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:00:54 PM

Hi,

I pondered the idea behind Mintcoin Fund/Project F and I believe it is fundamentally broken.

I don't care about Mintcoin. I don't care about Blackcoin, DogeCoin or whateverCoin. I don't care about any particular coin (save for getting rich quick) and I believe you should not either.

What matters is "does a coin, a project, bring something worthwhile for the society?". This is not about mintcoin, this is about the planet. Mintcoin is just a mean (a useful one, still). But other coins have good ideas too. Promoting only one coin would be very individualistic - "we are right, you are wrong". Let alone duplication of efforts (deadmanwalking was vocal about Mintcoin doing the same as Leafcoin, for instance).

That is why I am considering extending Project F to encompass more than mintcoin. Introducing the concept of Value Added for the Society, of VAS (an obvious pun on VAT).

If a coin brings something useful for the society, it should be promoted. Otherwise, it should not. Granted, one may argue "who are you to decide what is right and what is wrong"? Well human beings, and human being are imperfect, but they keep trying to get better. And so we will.

The basic bylaws won't change much - this is mainly the name and the object (article 2) that will change.
It is of very important to be able to stick to verifiable, factual criteria for promoting a coin. Here how it will go:

- No ressource intensive (be it for mining or for transactions).. Bitcoin/litecoin/dogecoin are out. Mintcoin and Blackcoin are in. Peercoin is out because, despite having PoS, its PoW phase is way too long. NXT if in, of course, like any pure PoS (like faircoin). A hypothetical "lightning-fast PoW" (no more than, say, two months of PoW) would be eligible
- No premine. Yep, not even for country coin, even it they have the best of intentions and they actually deliver (like Auroracoin did yesterday)
- other criteria as you see fit.

There would be two kind of criteria: mandatory and facultative. Mandatory criteria are stoppers, other just orient the decision. I'd say ressource-intensivness and premine should be mandatory.
The boundary of a criterium should be written clearly, to avoid as much arbitrary decision as possible.

Now, what would this fund do?
It would raise awareness for a coin, because said coin is expected to have Value Added for the Society. For instance (and now I am back to mintcoin), the fund could host project related to mintcoin's ideal, like sustainable development. It could be financed in a lot of different way: premine, collaborative donation (doge4water did not need any premine to work for instance). The technicalities of the tunding are up to the coin. The fund will host project, like an incubator for projects.
Of course, since the first "hosted coin" would be mintcoin, mintcoin would have a greater visibility than the other coins (at least in the beginning).

Now, I need your input:
- first, do you understand my vision (whether you agree or not)?
- second, if you agree with it, who would like to be part of it?

Thank you for reading

leckey

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:18:55 PM

Check it out Smiley

Just an FYI, when you click on your account, it displays vtc-dice.com on the tab with the mintcoin logo.  No big deal, just thought I'd give the heads up.

I'm using Chrome

Ah, cheers for the heads up. I'll get that sorted now. As I said before, the site's basically a carbon copy of my other, vtc-dice site. Still some remnants I obviously forgot to edit!

ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:26:47 PM

Hi,

I pondered the idea behind Mintcoin Fund/Project F and I believe it is fundamentally broken.

I don't care about Mintcoin. I don't care about Blackcoin, DogeCoin or whateverCoin. I don't care about any particular coin (save for getting rich quick) and I believe you should not either.

What matters is "does a coin, a project, bring something worthwhile for the society?". This is not about mintcoin, this is about the planet. Mintcoin is just a mean (a useful one, still). But other coins have good ideas too. Promoting only one coin would be very individualistic - "we are right, you are wrong". Let alone duplication of efforts (deadmanwalking was vocal about Mintcoin doing the same as Leafcoin, for instance).

That is why I am considering extending Project F to encompass more than mintcoin. Introducing the concept of Value Added for the Society, of VAS (an obvious pun on VAT).

If a coin brings something useful for the society, it should be promoted. Otherwise, it should not. Granted, one may argue "who are you to decide what is right and what is wrong"? Well human beings, and human being are imperfect, but they keep trying to get better. And so we will.

The basic bylaws won't change much - this is mainly the name and the object (article 2) that will change.
It is of very important to be able to stick to verifiable, factual criteria for promoting a coin. Here how it will go:

- No ressource intensive (be it for mining or for transactions).. Bitcoin/litecoin/dogecoin are out. Mintcoin and Blackcoin are in. Peercoin is out because, despite having PoS, its PoW phase is way too long. NXT if in, of course, like any pure PoS (like faircoin). A hypothetical "lightning-fast PoW" (no more than, say, two months of PoW) would be eligible
- No premine. Yep, not even for country coin, even it they have the best of intentions and they actually deliver (like Auroracoin did yesterday)

There would be two kind of criteria: mandatory and facultative. Mandatory criteria are stoppers, other just orient the decision. I'd say ressource-intensivness and premine should be mandatory.
The boundary of a criterium should be written clearly, to avoid as much arbitrary decision as possible.

It would raise awareness for a coin, because said coin is expected to have Value Added for the Society. For instance (and now I am back to mintcoin), the fund could host project related to mintcoin's ideal, like sustainable development. It could be financed in a lot of different way: premine, collaborative donation (doge4water did not need any premine to work for instance). The technicalities of the tunding are up to the coin. The fund will host project, like an incubator for projects.
Of course, since the first "hosted coin" would be mintcoin, mintcoin would have a greater visibility than the other coins (at least in the beginning).

Now, I need your input:

Thank you for reading

I agree with you David. It is very big of you to admit this and to accept other coins not as competition but complimentary to a larger and more altruistic goal than just supporting a currency. By bringing the focus onto the fund instead of the coin, you can do a lot more good. Good on you and I support this move whole heartedly. Using only energy efficient coins that compliment the philosophy of Mintcoin, sustainability and the environment is a good call.
thisisit

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:32:50 PM

again looking at leaf?

"We are launching the first and biggest ever charity fundraising using Crypto currency online"

i agree on the idea... but its interesting how the two coins appear to try to compete with each other.

or another coincidence?

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:46:42 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 12:18:53 AM by David Latapie

again looking at leaf?

"We are launching the first and biggest ever charity fundraising using Crypto currency online"

i agree on the idea... but its interesting how the two coins appear to try to compete with each other.

or another coincidence?
Full disclosure: the first time I heard about leafcoin was when we where designing the mintcoin logo. I never ever read the ANN for leafcoin, I know nothing about it.
So, yes, a coincidence. Easy to explain: environmentalism is a widespread issue these days.

As for how they will compete (or not): I don't know. Maybe one will eclipse the other, maybe they will both find a niche. Time (and good will) will tell.

thisisit

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:47:23 PM

ok just checking.

believe you.

its true what you say that world is becoming more aware and aware and its a logical step in crypto as well.

thats a good thing.

good luck.

Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:11:48 PM

Hi,

Now, I need your input:

Thank you for reading
This all makes sense, but I am a bit disappointed. I was hoping that this project and foundation would benefit Mintcoins and be another reason for people to get interested in them. It was a selling point in my mind. This idea, while probably smart, will absolutely dilute the focus on any individual coin. It sounds more like a new and separate project divorced from Mintcoin, to me.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:18:27 PM

I wished mintcoin had more gambling sites.

i've seen only 2 so far
Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: