Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 [610] 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
thisisit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:58:47 PM

thats what holds me back as well to have a shot at it. mr1quicky. details?

any coin that makes me a profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:01:39 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 08:24:42 PM by moderndezigns

Is there an active android wallet development? I saw people mention Bigchirv, but couldn't see any of his posts in this thread, maybe I missed it.

Certainly you may miss them. Hey there, Smiley

I've been studying the code of the wallets out there and yes, I'd like to start with the project. Some user days ago uploaded some images:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing

and basically is that what is holding me back, because I don't wanna waste my time (or any other's time) starting the project if someone already has something already on the table.

However, many days have passed and no more news on the status of that work.

Somebody can give us an update on this? Anyone?

I'm thinking on minting on a mobile device. Minting uses 100% cpu to find a hash, much like PoW, but using owner's coins. A phone user would not want to enable it.

I stated exactly the same some posts ago when the topic came up. It basically will drain the mobile's battery and also will slow the device.

On the other hand, a tablet-only user might want it if it's her only computer, so android wallet should ideally have minting, but the ability to turn it off. Or options like "mint only when charging", "mint only when charging and battery > 80%", "mint only when screen is locked"

And another user said the same tho. The argument was he has friends that would like to mint on their tablets. I still think the battery life will still be an issue. However we can always do what gonzoucab is saying and put a checkbox enabling/disabling minting. Of course, for that 1st we need the wallet up and available for download  and 2nd have implemented the PoS algorithm.

I'm thinking about the first use case, to run mintcoin wallet on a phone, but the user doesn't want his phone to mint at all. What happens if I share my private key between desktop wallet and android wallet?
Does anyone know how the QT clients react when the same wallet.dat is used on two computers simultaneously? Do they notice funds in an account are gone if they see an outgoing transaction in the blockchain, or do they assume only they can initiate transfers?

Those are real good questions. People usually goes with the new wallet/priv-key created when installing the app on their devices.

Maybe the Mintcoin Dev Team can answer this to us. Or somebody can point us to proper documentation. I can't tell whether or not there's a mechanism to prevent things like you're mentioning. If it doesn't exists we may design one (by "we" I mean the interested developers that are lurking around the forum, Smiley).

I mean desktop wallet can mint all the time, and to sync my android wallet, I can show it a QR code from desktop wallet and voila, from that point android wallet can spend coins (and all future coins) from my desktop wallet. They should be able to track their balances over the blockchain.

110% agree.

Maybe what I imagine* is not possible due to changes being sent to new generated addresses, but I'm not sure.

I'd like to have the answers of those Qs too. I'm no a cryptocoin expert; but I usually solve problems either with code or Linux servers. My employers usually give me broken code I'm not familiar with, written in <put_the_name_of_the_language_here> and then say "fix it". So, I think I'm capable to do the task. Of course, any of the developers on the forum can help. That's the beauty of Open Source.

EDIT: Improve some English expressions. It is not my native language.

+1 I agree. We need to figure out if there is one already being worked on, and if not, somebody should get started right away!

I sent some emails so hopefully we can get a status update soon if we don't hear anything we may want to just get started on this ourselves so we can move on to other matters such as advertising
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:06:34 PM

Some people are complaining that the Mac wallet doesn't work. Any feedback welcome!
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:26:49 PM

Some people are complaining that the Mac wallet doesn't work. Any feedback welcome!

It goes very very slow updating blocks.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:28:45 PM

Did someone just buy everything at 15 Satoshi?

\
kotirc

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:29:14 PM

Hi, v1.7 wallet seems to be work fine for me: sync, unlock, backup, transaction view. I don't have tested Transaction and Export. CPU % and memory seem to be OK. Only Mincoint icon with white backcolor (not transparent). I 'm on OSX 10.9.2  What feedback on "doesn't work" you have?
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:31:54 PM

7 btc worth just swooped up recently
mintcointeam (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:34:39 PM

Hi, v1.7 wallet seems to be work fine for me: sync, unlock, backup, transaction view. I don't have tested Transaction and Export. CPU % and memory seem to be OK. Only Mincoint icon with white backcolor (not transparent). I 'm on OSX 10.9.2  What feedback on "doesn't work" you have?

here http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/223vxa/wallet_17_for_mac_available_on_mintcoincc_or_here/
and
here https://twitter.com/jyap/status/451800527815192576

Kergekoin is aware though.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:37:50 PM

saw this on reddit ... MintTip, tipbot on twitter

https://twitter.com/MintTip

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
gonzoucab

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

Did someone just buy everything at 15 Satoshi?

Wasnt me! Smiley
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:45:05 PM

here http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/223vxa/wallet_17_for_mac_available_on_mintcoincc_or_here/
and

User mystphsyx made a great 1.5 version. I PM'd him asking him to make one.

Edit: I also asked him if he could make an android wallet. He isn't currently online.

Edit 2: If he makes a wallet for the mac, please tip him.

\
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:47:52 PM

and

Hi,

I just made new image and reuploaded directly from my mac virtual machine. Earlier upload worked perfectly fine with my Maveric. I ran wallet for 45 minutes, it updated the blockchain beautifully. 8-9 connections in few minutes time and 12 connections when i closed it.
Also sent some coins in and out from my windows wallet to mac wallet. All worked fine.
Anyone having issue, should back up their wallet first, then clean first wallet from disk and afterwards install 1.7.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mw1i7glc4v6laa1/mintcoin-v1.7-macosx.dmg

If icon doesnt show up, then i cant help you, because i have same problem recently. Hopefully mac update fixes this.
You could replace the icon just like you do with any other file.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
gonzoucab

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:49:29 PM

saw this on reddit ... MintTip, tipbot on twitter

https://twitter.com/MintTip

This is awesomeee!! i got 6600 followers on twitter! ill tip a lot of friends using this tip bot

This make my day! sweeeettt
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:49:40 PM

None of this is a reason to bash BC community. It would make us look weak and focused not on our coin&project, but on the envy on others.
I think those actually bashing the BC community are a vocal minority in the Mintcoin community. I wouldn't worry too much about those types sullying the Mintcoin name - they only sully their own name. But, I agree, we should focus on Mintcoin, and not worry about winning a pissing contest with other coins.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
mintcointeam (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:04:20 PM

Hi,

I just made new image and reuploaded directly from my mac virtual machine. Earlier upload worked perfectly fine with my Maveric. I ran wallet for 45 minutes, it updated the blockchain beautifully. 8-9 connections in few minutes time and 12 connections when i closed it.
Also sent some coins in and out from my windows wallet to mac wallet. All worked fine.
Anyone having issue, should back up their wallet first, then clean first wallet from disk and afterwards install 1.7.

If icon doesnt show up, then i cant help you, because i have same problem recently. Hopefully mac update fixes this.

Now that I think about it, this might have to do with the Mega link. I recall someone mentioned mega links and Mac wallets weren't a good mix.
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:09:52 PM

Hi,

Now that I think about it, this might have to do with the Mega link. I recall someone mentioned mega links and Mac wallets weren't a good mix.

i can confirm that the mac wallet is reaaaaally slow during the initialisation progress. then it runs very smoothly. i'm on mavericks.
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:10:04 PM

Is there an active android wallet development? I saw people mention Bigchirv, but couldn't see any of his posts in this thread, maybe I missed it.

Certainly you may miss them. Hey there, Smiley

I've been studying the code of the wallets out there and yes, I'd like to start with the project. Some user days ago uploaded some images:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing

and basically is that what is holding me back, because I don't wanna waste my time (or any other's time) starting the project if someone already has something already on the table.

However, many days have passed and no more news on the status of that work.

Somebody can give us an update on this? Anyone?

I'm thinking on minting on a mobile device. Minting uses 100% cpu to find a hash, much like PoW, but using owner's coins. A phone user would not want to enable it.

I stated exactly the same some posts ago when the topic came up. It basically will drain the mobile's battery and also will slow the device.

On the other hand, a tablet-only user might want it if it's her only computer, so android wallet should ideally have minting, but the ability to turn it off. Or options like "mint only when charging", "mint only when charging and battery > 80%", "mint only when screen is locked"

And another user said the same tho. The argument was he has friends that would like to mint on their tablets. I still think the battery life will still be an issue. However we can always do what gonzoucab is saying and put a checkbox enabling/disabling minting. Of course, for that 1st we need the wallet up and available for download  and 2nd have implemented the PoS algorithm.

I'm thinking about the first use case, to run mintcoin wallet on a phone, but the user doesn't want his phone to mint at all. What happens if I share my private key between desktop wallet and android wallet?
Does anyone know how the QT clients react when the same wallet.dat is used on two computers simultaneously? Do they notice funds in an account are gone if they see an outgoing transaction in the blockchain, or do they assume only they can initiate transfers?

Those are real good questions. People usually goes with the new wallet/priv-key created when installing the app on their devices.

Maybe the Mintcoin Dev Team can answer this to us. Or somebody can point us to proper documentation. I can't tell whether or not there's a mechanism to prevent things like you're mentioning. If it doesn't exists we may design one (by "we" I mean the interested developers that are lurking around the forum, Smiley).

I mean desktop wallet can mint all the time, and to sync my android wallet, I can show it a QR code from desktop wallet and voila, from that point android wallet can spend coins (and all future coins) from my desktop wallet. They should be able to track their balances over the blockchain.

110% agree.

Maybe what I imagine* is not possible due to changes being sent to new generated addresses, but I'm not sure.

I'd like to have the answers of those Qs too. I'm no a cryptocoin expert; but I usually solve problems either with code or Linux servers. My employers usually give me broken code I'm not familiar with, written in <put_the_name_of_the_language_here> and then say "fix it". So, I think I'm capable to do the task. Of course, any of the developers on the forum can help. That's the beauty of Open Source.

EDIT: Improve some English expressions. It is not my native language.

I have repeatedly asked questions regarding the android wallet and they are never answered by David, who is the only person here who seems to have contact with the developers (and may actually be part of the development group/or possibly is the developer - how would we ever know?).

The most important question, which I've asked about 6 times now, is how much are the developers putting up for an Android Wallet (from the 700,000,000 pre-mine). With this information, the job can be shopped around the development community. Without it, well....lets just say we still don't have a working app.

Personally, I'm interested in the Android Wallet so that I can SHARE Mintcoin via mobile...and help others do so. Mintcoin is only going to spread by getting people interested, many people who may not even be Bitcoin holders at this point. An easy way to introduce it is to help them download the wallet, then send them some free Mintcoin...and watch their face light up at the ease of use.

It's not a complicated concept.

If you want Mintcoin to go up in value (instead of it being constantly wash traded in a box by the developer) then we need to be able to spread it - the Android Wallet is the key to this.

The ability for the wallet to mint is really secondary and should not be an impediment to the wallet being developed.

IMHO

acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:15:33 PM

None of this is a reason to bash BC community. It would make us look weak and focused not on our coin&project, but on the envy on others.
I think those actually bashing the BC community are a vocal minority in the Mintcoin community. I wouldn't worry too much about those types sullying the Mintcoin name - they only sully their own name. But, I agree, we should focus on Mintcoin, and not worry about winning a pissing contest with other coins.

This is the MINTCOIN FORUM. I propose the moderators have the power and responsibility to simply delete posts not directly related to Mintcoin. People announcing things about other coins have no place here. Period.
gonzoucab

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:16:12 PM

we have been talking about the mobile wallet...

and then the twitter tip bot hit us!

IMHO twitter tip bot can bring more people into mint, and thats the important

Kudos to the guys that made iT!

@MintTip
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:17:28 PM

I have repeatedly asked questions

You get ignored a lot because of the way you choose to communicate

Also your negotiation tactic of "laughing in someones face" marks you has someone who is not worth negotiating with.

Pages: « 1 ... 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 [610] 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: