Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:38:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 [611] 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:27:55 PM

Is there an active android wallet development? I saw people mention Bigchirv, but couldn't see any of his posts in this thread, maybe I missed it.

Certainly you may miss them. Hey there, Smiley

I've been studying the code of the wallets out there and yes, I'd like to start with the project. Some user days ago uploaded some images:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing

and basically is that what is holding me back, because I don't wanna waste my time (or any other's time) starting the project if someone already has something already on the table.

However, many days have passed and no more news on the status of that work.

Somebody can give us an update on this? Anyone?

I'm thinking on minting on a mobile device. Minting uses 100% cpu to find a hash, much like PoW, but using owner's coins. A phone user would not want to enable it.

I stated exactly the same some posts ago when the topic came up. It basically will drain the mobile's battery and also will slow the device.

On the other hand, a tablet-only user might want it if it's her only computer, so android wallet should ideally have minting, but the ability to turn it off. Or options like "mint only when charging", "mint only when charging and battery > 80%", "mint only when screen is locked"

And another user said the same tho. The argument was he has friends that would like to mint on their tablets. I still think the battery life will still be an issue. However we can always do what gonzoucab is saying and put a checkbox enabling/disabling minting. Of course, for that 1st we need the wallet up and available for download  and 2nd have implemented the PoS algorithm.

I'm thinking about the first use case, to run mintcoin wallet on a phone, but the user doesn't want his phone to mint at all. What happens if I share my private key between desktop wallet and android wallet?
Does anyone know how the QT clients react when the same wallet.dat is used on two computers simultaneously? Do they notice funds in an account are gone if they see an outgoing transaction in the blockchain, or do they assume only they can initiate transfers?

Those are real good questions. People usually goes with the new wallet/priv-key created when installing the app on their devices.

Maybe the Mintcoin Dev Team can answer this to us. Or somebody can point us to proper documentation. I can't tell whether or not there's a mechanism to prevent things like you're mentioning. If it doesn't exists we may design one (by "we" I mean the interested developers that are lurking around the forum, Smiley).

I mean desktop wallet can mint all the time, and to sync my android wallet, I can show it a QR code from desktop wallet and voila, from that point android wallet can spend coins (and all future coins) from my desktop wallet. They should be able to track their balances over the blockchain.

110% agree.

Maybe what I imagine* is not possible due to changes being sent to new generated addresses, but I'm not sure.

I'd like to have the answers of those Qs too. I'm no a cryptocoin expert; but I usually solve problems either with code or Linux servers. My employers usually give me broken code I'm not familiar with, written in <put_the_name_of_the_language_here> and then say "fix it". So, I think I'm capable to do the task. Of course, any of the developers on the forum can help. That's the beauty of Open Source.

EDIT: Improve some English expressions. It is not my native language.

I have repeatedly asked questions regarding the android wallet and they are never answered by David, who is the only person here who seems to have contact with the developers (and may actually be part of the development group/or possibly is the developer - how would we ever know?).

The most important question, which I've asked about 6 times now, is how much are the developers putting up for an Android Wallet (from the 700,000,000 pre-mine). With this information, the job can be shopped around the development community. Without it, well....lets just say we still don't have a working app.

Personally, I'm interested in the Android Wallet so that I can SHARE Mintcoin via mobile...and help others do so. Mintcoin is only going to spread by getting people interested, many people who may not even be Bitcoin holders at this point. An easy way to introduce it is to help them download the wallet, then send them some free Mintcoin...and watch their face light up at the ease of use.

It's not a complicated concept.

If you want Mintcoin to go up in value (instead of it being constantly wash traded in a box by the developer) then we need to be able to spread it - the Android Wallet is the key to this.

The ability for the wallet to mint is really secondary and should not be an impediment to the wallet being developed.

IMHO

please tell us an approximate price so we can discuss whether such an amount can be raised by the community. thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
acceptance2

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:28:53 PM

I have repeatedly asked questions

You get ignored a lot because of the way you choose to communicate

Also your negotiation tactic of "laughing in someones face" marks you has someone who is not worth negotiating with.

I'm sorry if I choose to not let people "play me" for an idiot.

You are obviously one of the boys here who doesn't think the developer should be showing some degree of transparency and accountability to the investors here (that's what people here are).

This would lead me to one of 2 conclusions: you're either part of the "group" running this, or you've little experience in trading and can't see or understand what's going on.

The fact others have also had the same questions as me and never received answers (and ultimately dumped their positions in Mintcoin), speaks volumes about the lack of long term intent by the developers.

700,000,000 Pre-mine....if I was the developer I would bend over backwards to show the community how I'm spending it to help the long term prospects of the coin.

If I was running a con I'd share as little information as possible.

You decide.
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:32:52 PM

Is there an active android wallet development? I saw people mention Bigchirv, but couldn't see any of his posts in this thread, maybe I missed it.

I've been studying the code of the wallets out there and yes, I'd like to start with the project. Some user days ago uploaded some images:

and basically is that what is holding me back, because I don't wanna waste my time (or any other's time) starting the project if someone already has something already on the table.

I'm thinking on minting on a mobile device. Minting uses 100% cpu to find a hash, much like PoW, but using owner's coins. A phone user would not want to enable it.

I stated exactly the same some posts ago when the topic came up. It basically will drain the mobile's battery and also will slow the device.

On the other hand, a tablet-only user might want it if it's her only computer, so android wallet should ideally have minting, but the ability to turn it off. Or options like "mint only when charging", "mint only when charging and battery > 80%", "mint only when screen is locked"

And another user said the same tho. The argument was he has friends that would like to mint on their tablets. I still think the battery life will still be an issue. However we can always do what gonzoucab is saying and put a checkbox enabling/disabling minting. Of course, for that 1st we need the wallet up and available for download  and 2nd have implemented the PoS algorithm.

I'm thinking about the first use case, to run mintcoin wallet on a phone, but the user doesn't want his phone to mint at all. What happens if I share my private key between desktop wallet and android wallet?
Does anyone know how the QT clients react when the same wallet.dat is used on two computers simultaneously? Do they notice funds in an account are gone if they see an outgoing transaction in the blockchain, or do they assume only they can initiate transfers?

Those are real good questions. People usually goes with the new wallet/priv-key created when installing the app on their devices.

Maybe the Mintcoin Dev Team can answer this to us. Or somebody can point us to proper documentation. I can't tell whether or not there's a mechanism to prevent things like you're mentioning. If it doesn't exists we may design one (by "we" I mean the interested developers that are lurking around the forum, Smiley).

I mean desktop wallet can mint all the time, and to sync my android wallet, I can show it a QR code from desktop wallet and voila, from that point android wallet can spend coins (and all future coins) from my desktop wallet. They should be able to track their balances over the blockchain.

110% agree.

Maybe what I imagine* is not possible due to changes being sent to new generated addresses, but I'm not sure.

I'd like to have the answers of those Qs too. I'm no a cryptocoin expert; but I usually solve problems either with code or Linux servers. My employers usually give me broken code I'm not familiar with, written in <put_the_name_of_the_language_here> and then say "fix it". So, I think I'm capable to do the task. Of course, any of the developers on the forum can help. That's the beauty of Open Source.

I have repeatedly asked questions regarding the android wallet and they are never answered by David, who is the only person here who seems to have contact with the developers (and may actually be part of the development group/or possibly is the developer - how would we ever know?).

The most important question, which I've asked about 6 times now, is how much are the developers putting up for an Android Wallet (from the 700,000,000 pre-mine). With this information, the job can be shopped around the development community. Without it, well....lets just say we still don't have a working app.

Personally, I'm interested in the Android Wallet so that I can SHARE Mintcoin via mobile...and help others do so. Mintcoin is only going to spread by getting people interested, many people who may not even be Bitcoin holders at this point. An easy way to introduce it is to help them download the wallet, then send them some free Mintcoin...and watch their face light up at the ease of use.

If you want Mintcoin to go up in value (instead of it being constantly wash traded in a box by the developer) then we need to be able to spread it - the Android Wallet is the key to this.

The ability for the wallet to mint is really secondary and should not be an impediment to the wallet being developed.

IMHO

please tell us an approximate price so we can discuss whether such an amount can be raised by the community. thank you

A. I have no idea what it might cost. But before I contacted any developer I would want to know what was available.
B. Not 1 Mintcoin should be spent by the community for an Android App. It's the developers responsibility as they've already indicated on the first page of the forum - part of the 700,000,000 pre-mine.
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:34:57 PM

110% agree.

IMHO

A. I have no idea what it might cost. But before I contacted any developer I would want to know what was available.
B. Not 1 Mintcoin should be spent by the community for an Android App. It's the developers responsibility as they've already indicated on the first page of the forum - part of the 700,000,000 pre-mine.

I understand your position. Are you still invested in Mintcoin? Or switched to an alternative coin?
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:35:19 PM

You are obviously one of the boys here who doesn't think the developer should be showing some degree of transparency and accountability to the investors here (that's what people here are).

This would lead me to one of 2 conclusions: you're either part of the "group" running this, or you've little experience in trading and can't see or understand what's going on.

more wild eyed and baseless accusations

I trust the developers because they have done everything they have ever said they would.

On the other hand it is clear that your game is to try and get your hands on some of "the premine" and you think the way to do that is to spread FUD until that happens

Obviously you are about 15-17 years old and do not understand much about the world, nor are you very self aware.

The devs are right to ignore you and I will be following suit from this point. I advise others to do likewise.
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:39:30 PM

110% agree.

IMHO

I understand your position. Are you still invested in Mintcoin? Or switched to an alternative coin?

I still own Mint. I may dump it all or I may buy more. Depends on what happens over the next couple weeks. If we don't have a wallet within the next 2 weeks (it was being worked on OVER 2 weeks ago) then I'm confident there are other coins, with much smaller floats, that are in a position to pull off a wallet before Mintcoin.
mgburks77

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:44:22 PM

there's the pressure

don't take the bait
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:45:38 PM

more wild eyed and baseless accusations

I trust the developers because they have done everything they have ever said they would.

On the other hand it is clear that your game is to try and get your hands on some of "the premine" and you think the way to do that is to spread FUD until that happens

Obviously you are about 15-17 years old and do not understand much about the world, nor are you very self aware.

The devs are right to ignore you and I will be following suit from this point. I advise others to do likewise.

Yes, don't ask any questions, follow blindly, buy high, sell low....

Other than launching the coin, making a couple adjustments to the wallet, can you please share with the group all the things the developers have done in the last 6 weeks? I'm sure everyone here would like to see your extensive list.

And please, don't insult us and bring up this Foundation nonsense (since they are not actually involved in this anyway).
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:47:28 PM

there's the pressure

don't take the bait

I'm being honest, more than I can say for you.

mgburks77

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:49:51 PM

so desperate to get hands on mint but at same time mint can't trusted

makes total sense
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:52:23 PM

makes total sense

Yeah that's it, I'm complaining about the lack of transparency and accountability of the developers because I want to buy more Mintcoin.

Have you any idea how foolish you've just made yourself look?
mgburks77

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:53:29 PM

you are the one who invested in something you didn't know anything about, not me.
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:54:37 PM

you are the one who invested in something you didn't know anything about, not me.

Ah, so you are admitting this is all a sham?
Party Hard

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:57:00 PM

Next please. Let's move on.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:57:42 PM

makes total sense

He is right to ask those questions.. dont jump to conclusions. I dont see the dev inspire any confidence in this project.
mgburks77

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:57:51 PM

did you or did you not just admit that you invested in mint without knowing anything about the developers?

mgburks77

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:58:42 PM

makes total sense

He is right to ask those questions.. dont jump to conclusions. I dont see the dev inspire any confidence in this project.

No, he is not right to ask those questions after he invests in something

only an idiot does that
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:59:06 PM

Next please. Let's move on.

Agreed.

Can the developers please tell the community how much Mintcoin is being put up for the creation of the Android Wallet?

(I've tried to make this as clear and concise as possible so no room for confusion, should be easy to answer).
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:02:24 PM

makes total sense

only an idiot does that

Instead of flame him why dont you give answers if your so all knowing? Since you researched what you bought please answer his question on what part of the premine is used for development of a highly demanded app which is integeral in development of the project? Maybe also answer what he has done for the project last 6 weeks besides removing pow?
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 10:03:20 PM

makes total sense

only an idiot does that

Yes, so all of you investors in Mintcoin, you are now on notice by mgburks77 that if you ask any questions about the progress of the development of the coin -

YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
Pages: « 1 ... 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 [611] 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: