Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:33:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 [804] 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:31:23 PM

I couldn't find anyone on IRC #Mintcoin to help me with providing me with an up to date block chain either, the channel was just quiet.

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:39:21 PM

Please take a look at this survey and let me know what I can do to make it more clear to pass around to the community:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6Y6H6NX

Well that seems pretty clear to me.
cryptomommy

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:45:49 PM

I couldn't find anyone on IRC #Mintcoin to help me with providing me with an up to date block chain either, the channel was just quiet.

We are still recruiting for that channel if you know of any volunteers Smiley
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:02:51 PM

To do...?
cryptomommy

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:03:34 PM

To do...?
yes!
cryptomommy

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:07:58 PM

Please take a look at this survey and let me know what I can do to make it more clear to pass around to the community:

Well that seems pretty clear to me.

Cool - going live
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:12:59 PM

Are you serious?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

DO NOT CHANGE THE COIN!!!!

1. The high number of coins is irrelevant...More is actually better because it gives the the coin liquidity.  70,000,000,000 is good don't change it.
2. The current interest rate needs to be high somewhat high at first and is a good thing especially in the early years. POS is how the coin is secured, and so if the POS reward is not high enough, it will not incentivise people to hold their wallets open and do POS minting actively, so the security of the coin relies on this. Do not change this!
3. The coin cap is needed to make the coin rare, so keep it. Once the cap is reached only transaction fees will remain going to the POS minters, and if you are concerned about it becoming too expensive, the only change that we will ever have to do is lower the transaction fee form time to time.

The only change that we should ever do, is lower the transaction fee from time to time (probably many years away from now).

P.S.
I have a lot staked in this coin and love everything about this coin. The type of changes some of you are talking about would destroy and deform Mintcoin so badly it would suck!  I understand how POS works, I also know economics, et al. ( I have a finance degree, and work in the finance industry. I have experience, with economics and financial analysis work, I just want you to know that I know what I'm talking about. Mintcoin is very very good. Please don't change it! If you want it to grow more, then focus on developing it's usefulness, Android, Merchants, etc., not changing the parameters of the coin.)

Do not change the parameters! The parameters are what makes Mintcoin uniquely Mintcoin. Changing them would be making an entirely different coin.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
cryptomommy

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:17:25 PM

Hi Coolbeans,
Please make sure to take the survey so your vote is counted.

Also did you get my memo regarding a bio / mintcoin address?

1. The high number of coins is irrelevant...More is actually better because it gives the the coin liquidity.  70,000,000,000 is good don't change it.
2. The current interest rate needs to be high somewhat high at first and is a good thing especially in the early years. POS is how the coin is secured, and so if the POS reward is not high enough, it will not incentivise people to hold their wallets open and do POS minting actively, so the security of the coin relies on this. Do not change this!
3. The coin cap is needed to make the coin rare, so keep it. Once the cap is reached only transaction fees will remain going to the POS minters, and if you are concerned about it becoming too expensive, the only change that we will ever have to do is lower the transaction fee form time to time.

The only change that we should ever do, is lower the transaction fee from time to time (probably many years away from now).

P.S.
I have a lot staked in this coin and love everything about this coin. The type of changes some of you are talking about would destroy and deform Mintcoin so badly it would suck!  I understand how POS works, I also know economics, et al. ( I have a finance degree, and work in the finance industry. I have experience, with economics and financial analysis work, I just want you to know that I know what I'm talking about. Mintcoin is very very good. Please don't change it! If you want it to grow more, then focus on developing it's usefulness, Android, Merchants, etc., not changing the parameters of the coin.)

Do not change the parameters! The parameters are what makes Mintcoin uniquely Mintcoin. Changing them would be making an entirely different coin.
MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:26:37 PM

How is minting at 20 % bad if the average mint rate from all coins is only 12,5 %?
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 09:33:48 PM

I agree with coolbeans94 in pretty much everything he said.

The only real advantage of changing the parameters (slightly) is the advertising effect of changing the coin - so we can re-launch the coin and attract new people.

P.S.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
cryptomommy

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:47:05 PM

This is simply a discussion point - I have been working with several investors in different communities asking what would it take for them to invest in Mintcoin. This was a very BIG issue across everyone I asked; which is why I am bringing it back to the community for an open discussion. Please send the survey to as many mintcoin community members as you can as I am trying to get solid data point which I will openly share with the community and discuss next steps on the discussion (if any).

I can tell you so far out of 20 people only 4 agree with the current market cap for what it's worth.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 10:06:36 PM

This is simply a discussion point - I have been working with several investors in different communities asking what would it take for them to invest in Mintcoin. This was a very BIG issue across everyone I asked; which is why I am bringing it back to the community for an open discussion. Please send the survey to as many mintcoin community members as you can as I am trying to get solid data point which I will openly share with the community and discuss next steps on the discussion (if any).

I can tell you so far out of 20 people only 4 agree with the current market cap for what it's worth.

It is good to have it discussed. And doing nothing can also kill the coin.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
cryptomommy

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:18:51 PM

It is good to have it discussed. And doing nothing can also kill the coin.

It also appears as though although people want to decrease the coin target from 70 Billion to 20 Billion they want to keep the current rewards system and add the 1.5% continual staking reward indefinitely after the target is reached to replace lost or destroyed coins along the way.

MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:21:06 PM

19,523,102,829.84704208 coins generated. So we go straight to 1,5 %?
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 11:49:32 PM

P.S.

1. The high number of coins is not irrelevant. It's one of the first things any real potential investor looks at.
2. By your very argument, the high interest rate has not in fact incentivised people, this is reflected in the current price of the coin.
3. What makes the coin more rare is having less of it, not more. That's the very definition of rare - less of.

Banks are giving less than 2.4% for 72 month CDs. If our POS rate was 10% - 12% you're saying that's not attractive enough to attract some investment money? I think it is more than adequate.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:00:20 AM

I am not quite sure how to get this across to the Mintcoin community... There is no 70b max coins limit in existence right now.  Please read through the code.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
coolbeans94

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:14:01 AM

I am not quite sure how to get this across to the Mintcoin community... There is no 70b max coins limit in existence right now.  Please read through the code.

So what will currently happen once 70b coins is reached? Just continue minting at 5% rate?

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:18:23 AM

So what will currently happen once 70b coins is reached? Just continue minting at 5% rate?

Yep.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:19:44 AM

But should we continue on the path we're on there will effectively be 70 Billion issued over time correct?
coolbeans94

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:24:06 AM

1. The high number of coins is not irrelevant. It's one of the first things any real potential investor looks at.
2. By your very argument, the high interest rate has not in fact incentivised people, this is reflected in the current price of the coin.
3. What makes the coin more rare is having less of it, not more. That's the very definition of rare - less of.

Banks are giving less than 2.4% for 72 month CDs. If our POS rate was 10% - 12% you're saying that's not attractive enough to attract some investment money? I think it is more than adequate.

• Lowering the number of coins would only influence the unit price per per coin, not the market cap. Market cap is where the real value is. The number of coins has no bearing on the market capitalization. If you somehow were to divide the total amount of coins in existence in half, the market cap would be the exact same.
  • The high interest rate IS incentivising people..Mintcoin has a high active minting participation rate over 63% currently, and growing. This is good for security.
  • You can't create value out of nothing. Value comes from many places...such as the mathematical value in the protocol itself, utility of the coin. etc.

Pages: « 1 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 [804] 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: