Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:20:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 [754] 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:24:02 PM

If Mintcoin added anonymity and a hidden message system, do you think this will help or is it just too gimmicky? I would really love to see more investors go in with Mintcoin and push the price upwards and onwards.

I know you weren't asking me, but I'll answer anyway lol.

Anonymous wallets seem to be all the rage right now, which is why I think it's gimmicky. I mean unless a person plans to use the coin for a criminal activity, that person would remain anonymous anyway right?

Can someone please explain to me how having a Mint address lets me identify someone? I'm serious, genuinely curious.

Anyway, my take is that anonymity shouldn't be an official wallet feature. Someone could make a version of the one BTC uses I suppose.

\

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lecristoph

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:48:03 PM

If Mintcoin added anonymity and a hidden message system, do you think this will help or is it just too gimmicky? I would really love to see more investors go in with Mintcoin and push the price upwards and onwards.

Can someone please explain to me how having a Mint address lets me identify someone? I'm serious, genuinely curious.

Having an adress does not expose you in any way, however, if you know that an adress belongs to a specific person, you can easily track every payment to and from that person via the blockchain. As someone has already stated; it's basically like leaving your checkbook open to the public - for anyone to read.

For regular purchases, like buying a cup of coffe or purchasing a funny hat for your dog, no one will give a shit. It comes down to how Mintcoin should be adopted and used. To the average Joe, Darkcoin probably sounds like scary shit, used for money laundering and buying drugs and weapons.
I'm not certain that I support Mint becoming anonymous. The big problem we've got now is that Mint has no value backing it up. Just take a look at Karma. I think IF Mint should "copy" any other coin, the PoC-model from Karmashares would be the way to go. It basically means setting up an LLC, where anyone can become a stakeholder in the company.

It would reduce the amount of coins in circulation and possibly bring up the value of the coin -depening of the success of the company and it's projects. This however, requires dedication and a lot of support from the community and the developers. I know there are lots of dedicated people out there who could make this happen. This may be the perfect opportunity for making use of the premine.
skeem

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:02:20 PM

High award makes Low price? Low award makes High price?

Are you talking about the PoS rate at 20% in the first year compared with 5% in the 4th and subsequent years?

Anyway, I am waiting on the big news from the dev regarding Mintcoin. If it is some epic marketing strategy that could get institutional investors in, that could be big news for Mintcoin. If we could get Mintcoin up to $0.01 or even $0.001, I would be really happy.

Two factors to increase the price:
Big investor - as what happened to bitcoin last week.
Low award - at least 3 years.

I have no later power to buy this coin.

Coin Revolution
Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 09:06:09 PM

In reaction to the online bank idea, I'd like to share my idea to fund the mintcoin fund:

A central place/website where you create an account, send mintcoins to an unique address an can withdraw anytime. The coins that are minted in the big hot shared wallet will be send and used for the mintcoin fund.

This way you don't have to donate in a way where you lose coins, but you lend some of your mint money as long as you want.

[account: John Doe]
You have contributed 34930 mint by keeping your mintcoins in The Stake House
(or something like that).

We can call it: The Stake House, GreenMinting, Mint4Mint, Mint4Life, ...

nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:49:36 PM

In reaction to the online bank idea, I'd like to share my idea to fund the mintcoin fund:

A central place/website where you create an account, send mintcoins to an unique address an can withdraw anytime. The coins that are minted in the big hot shared wallet will be send and used for the mintcoin fund.

This way you don't have to donate in a way where you lose coins, but you lend some of your mint money as long as you want.

That is actually a cool idea, we could use the mintcoins to do some crazy stuff like make some famous girl promote mintcoin.
Or use them for a charity, or build something foor poor people just something to bring attention to mint.
I think alot of people would help out if it was something they believed in, and someone trustworthy is behind it.
Hit me up if you need any help.
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:58:44 AM

Well it seems like Mintcoin will not be the first out of the gate with a PoS Android wallet. Fluttercoin has announced it will be releasing it's PoS Android wallet this coming weekend.

https://twitter.com/fluttercoin/status/473584772963639296
bluestskies

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:18:38 AM

Well it seems like Mintcoin will not be the first out of the gate with a PoS Android wallet. Fluttercoin has announced it will be releasing it's PoS Android wallet this coming weekend.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sinet3k.blkice

Blackcoin's Android wallet was released yesterday.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:35:43 AM

I dont see where it says if it is PoS functional- is it?
Beaverslayer

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:46:01 AM

Blackcoins Android wallet is not PoS....yet....the Fluttercoin Android WILL be PoS capable.
bluestskies

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:47:39 AM

Blackcoins Android wallet is not PoS....yet....the Fluttercoin Android WILL be PoS capable.

Ah I was told it was pos with this version on reddit but I'm still syncing the blockchain so can't see for myself.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:49:46 AM

That is actually a cool idea, we could use the mintcoins to do some crazy stuff like make some famous girl promote mintcoin.
Or use them for a charity, or build something foor poor people just something to bring attention to mint.
I think alot of people would help out if it was something they believed in, and someone trustworthy is behind it.
Hit me up if you need any help.

This is a good idea....
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:53:37 AM

Mint4Life, ...

Mint4Life indeed!  Grin
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:12:47 AM

If the dev can figure out a way to get some buy buyers or some deep pocketed institutional investors to go in on Mint, there could be a huge ramp up in price. I wonder when the big news will be released. BTC's going into Mint means big price rises.

It will take 52 measly BTC's from a big investors to get us back to 20 satoshis, or 1 BTC from 52 investors pushing this coin up to 20 satoshis.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:39:19 AM

Why would a big investor buy into it? Theres 700 million unaccounted for? I doubt any smart money will be entering it for a while.. remember you asked when will it hit 1000 sats? Think 5 years or more after bitcoin has a big crash if ever.
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:46:01 AM

Having an adress does not expose you in any way, however, if you know that an adress belongs to a specific person, you can easily track every payment to and from that person via the blockchain. As someone has already stated; it's basically like leaving your checkbook open to the public - for anyone to read.

For regular purchases, like buying a cup of coffe or purchasing a funny hat for your dog, no one will give a shit. It comes down to how Mintcoin should be adopted and used. To the average Joe, Darkcoin probably sounds like scary shit, used for money laundering and buying drugs and weapons.
I'm not certain that I support Mint becoming anonymous. The big problem we've got now is that Mint has no value backing it up. Just take a look at Karma. I think IF Mint should "copy" any other coin, the PoC-model from Karmashares would be the way to go. It basically means setting up an LLC, where anyone can become a stakeholder in the company.

It would reduce the amount of coins in circulation and possibly bring up the value of the coin -depening of the success of the company and it's projects. This however, requires dedication and a lot of support from the community and the developers. I know there are lots of dedicated people out there who could make this happen. This may be the perfect opportunity for making use of the premine.
As some have said it on VTC thread, this is more a question of privacy than anonymity : some people may prefer that their whole transactions won't be opened to everyone ... this is understandable...
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:28:13 AM

As far as I know, blackcoin android wallet runs c++ blackcoin client (maybe a stripped one) in native mode, and put a android UI on top of it. It should require much more resources to run. I'm not sure if it'll be stable enough (it may, it may not), but I'm almost sure no other coin can easily fork it / change it.

For fluttercoin, I don't have any idea, but they're not only POS, but also POT. I don't know if they're bitcoinj based.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
Beaverslayer

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:43:38 AM

As some have said it on VTC thread, this is more a question of privacy than anonymity : some people may prefer that their whole transactions won't be opened to everyone ... this is understandable...

If you really think about all this anonymity issue with all the current altcoins, it's only ever going to be anonymous if you never ever exchange your altcoins into fiat. The way it is now, if I want to buy something from any of the retail locations using an altcoin, or a BTC for that matter, it is pretty much as anonymous as it's going to get, other than the ship to address you're going to have to supply to get your purchase.

If there was total anonymity regarding trading/buying of altcoins or BTC, when it came time to exchange it for Fiat, your anonymity will be lost, as there is no exchanges that will exchange altcoins or BTC for Fiat, without you providing verification of your identity.

These current altcoins and all the hype about anonymity is just that...hype...trying to garner the BTC from people who do not understand the facts behind altcoins and BTC.

If we as Mintcoin holders, or even any altcoin holder truly want any of these coins to succeed as a true and viable currency, then we have to get them accepted by much more than just a few online retailers.

Have a look at http://keepod.org/ this is a very interesting concept, and they have already crowdfunded over 1.5 Million dollars to create these USB drives that are going to be given out all over Africa. It is an Android based device and will most likely be VERY BIG. There is already talk of a Bitcoin wallet being included with each one, as well as a small amount of BTC included as well. Think of the exposure as well as the real life use, Mintcoin would get if it also had an Android wallet included with each of these USB devices, and also some Mintcoins.

If the developer were to contact Keepod.org and say he would contribute 100 to 200 MILLION of the premine to this, then there would be a real good increase in real world usage of Mintcoin, as the people in Africa that were given the USB device with a Mintcoin Android wallet loaded up with a fair amount of coins, would most definitely begin to use them as a true and viable currency amongst themselves, and this would get real world attention.
Beaverslayer

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:48:25 AM

As far as I know, blackcoin android wallet runs c++ blackcoin client (maybe a stripped one) in native mode, and put a android UI on top of it. It should require much more resources to run. I'm not sure if it'll be stable enough (it may, it may not), but I'm almost sure no other coin can easily fork it / change it.

For fluttercoin, I don't have any idea, but they're not only POS, but also POT. I don't know if they're bitcoinj based.

Yes, from what I have read about it, you have to download and sync the entire blockchain before you are able to use the wallet. There was a few other discouraging things I read about it as well.
itchy_scratchy_tasty

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:40:44 AM

If you really think about all this anonymity issue with all the current altcoins, it's only ever going to be anonymous if you never ever exchange your altcoins into fiat. The way it is now, if I want to buy something from any of the retail locations using an altcoin, or a BTC for that matter, it is pretty much as anonymous as it's going to get, other than the ship to address you're going to have to supply to get your purchase.

If there was total anonymity regarding trading/buying of altcoins or BTC, when it came time to exchange it for Fiat, your anonymity will be lost, as there is no exchanges that will exchange altcoins or BTC for Fiat, without you providing verification of your identity.

These current altcoins and all the hype about anonymity is just that...hype...trying to garner the BTC from people who do not understand the facts behind altcoins and BTC.

If we as Mintcoin holders, or even any altcoin holder truly want any of these coins to succeed as a true and viable currency, then we have to get them accepted by much more than just a few online retailers.

Have a look at http://keepod.org/ this is a very interesting concept, and they have already crowdfunded over 1.5 Million dollars to create these USB drives that are going to be given out all over Africa. It is an Android based device and will most likely be VERY BIG. There is already talk of a Bitcoin wallet being included with each one, as well as a small amount of BTC included as well. Think of the exposure as well as the real life use, Mintcoin would get if it also had an Android wallet included with each of these USB devices, and also some Mintcoins.

If the developer were to contact Keepod.org and say he would contribute 100 to 200 MILLION of the premine to this, then there would be a real good increase in real world usage of Mintcoin, as the people in Africa that were given the USB device with a Mintcoin Android wallet loaded up with a fair amount of coins, would most definitely begin to use them as a true and viable currency amongst themselves, and this would get real world attention.

I think that the keepod is a great idea, but this is definitely one that the devs need to step in on, and the mintcoin fund is something that lends credibility to Mint for doing something like this.

I agree with you that anon is not the way to go with mint - I think that it's better to focus on getting retailers in involved, and on the charitable/eco aspects of the coin. Associating mint with anonymous transactions and darksend etc would not help with that
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:45:55 AM

I donated 5m mint to the adroit wallet. I have send some pm s with David and he have send me the wallet adres that is used for donations for the androit wallet. where now two days further but haven't heard anything yet from him?
Pages: « 1 ... 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 [754] 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: