Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:26:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 [807] 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
acceptance2

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:57:42 PM

if you reduce number of total coins price will go up.or reduce stake.and demand will be higher..

Also new features and promotions and support of community

lm holding 1 mil , l like this coin..

You are Correct: There would be a short term spike in prices.

Example: Mintcoin is reversed split by 4 and the POS rate is now 1% , so your 1 million coins are now only 250,000 and each coin is worth 4 times as much, so a few investors buy in pumping up the price , but there capital is absorbed within 2 or 3 weeks and then the price is back where it was and starting to drop, and the interest is so low that anything else is seen as a better investment, so they sell out trying not to lose their entire investment and dropping the price even lower. 1 Month out your coins are lowered than they were originally and with such low interest , you know you won't be able to get your money back, so you trade what is left of your mintcoins for another coin with a higher POS.
And MintCoin Dies.  Cry Cry Cry Cry

We have to build an economy for Mintcoin , where it has value thru virtual goods at first and then as the price rises Physical Goods. Then We Can all Be Happy.
 Cool
Just for the record, there has been no suggestion of a rollback or reverse split. At least that I'm aware of.

Limiting the approximate eventual coin cap (+ 1.5% in perpetuity) has nothing to do with rolling the coin back/reverse split.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:03:42 PM

Nice to see you again good sir! Let me know when you are ready to jump back on the team. We have some really great things coming up and could use your help.

Regarding changing the coin -
We need to have this conversation and address investor issues - whether it be through education such as posting a crypto currency - economics learning center, social campaigns or maybe even re-evaluating the logic of the coin to maintain the current PoS rates but reflect adaptation to market changes.

I am not a financial expert nor a language programmer. The survey numbers represented mindsets - not actual numbers - I am calculating the communities overall feelings towards the current coin.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-PPQNVHF8/
Here are the survey results - thank you everyone for participating.

Everything seems to support the coin except for two areas - the 70,000,000,000 and maintaining the coin after that number has been reached.
The community is saying I love this! but I am afraid that there will be too many of them and I will lose my investment.

Now it is our job to figure out how we are going to improve on this area of perception and if needed modifications.

Hello all. I'm stepping out of my stealth mode to give my 2Mintcoin opinion on this.

The 70 billion cap will not be reached for at least 40 years I'll most likely be dead by then, so it has never been a problem with me.

The current interest scheme is very reasonable and is the main reason I got into Mintcoin in the first place. Leave it the way it is.

The BIGGEST problem Mintcoin has always had, was the 700 MILLION Mintcoin Premine. This is the main reason the coin never took off. I truly believe that the Dev was always to tired and never wanted to improve the coin, because he was so busy trading 700 MILLION coins at 50 some exchanges. I can just imagine how much time and effort it took to accomplish that feat.

The most important thing to do with Mintcoin, is to start DEVELOPING features for the coin. Upgrade the wallet would be the first thing. I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again.... HAVE A LOOK AT SILKCOINS WALLET.....

Get the Android Wallet into use. This has gone on long enough. If Paspi can't complete it, find someone who can....simple as that...

I've also said it before, and again I'm going to say it again... Check into having Mintcoin included into http://keepod.org/ and have each one of their USB devices have 10,000 Mintcoins to start them off with. (This does need the Android Wallet)

All the other things you guys are talking about will require a HARD FORK and that is a VERY VERY VERY bad thing to do. Look at Saturncoin...they hard forked and reduced the total supply of coins, then exchanged 1000 old Saturncoins for 1 new Sat2 coin....that didn't work out to well for them did it?Huh

Put together some sort of "Media Release" send it to ALL the big crypto news sites, explaining EXACTLY what happened with the original dev, and what is taking place now. Explain that the community is coming together (and has actually grown) since the dev left, and that you are developing all these new features for the coin.

I personally put a lot of time into Mintcoin from the beginning, and after reading a PM from the original dev (cryptomommy knows of this) I pretty much didn't want to be involved with him any longer, so I went into stealth mode. There was discussions months ago about having the community take over the coin (sort of a coup d etat) at that time I asked the people involved to hold off until I talked to the dev about things...at that time he was open to making changes, but he never really did anything, so the coup d etat was somewhat called off. Looking back (hindsight of course) I should have kept my mouth shut.

I still have reservations about a few things, but I do believe cryptomommy is doing a standup job. Everyone should really put some serious thought into the idea of changing the coin, and everyone should have a look at the Silkcoin wallet as well as the Keepod site.

Thanks for your time...back to stealth mode...
cryptomommy

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:20:34 PM

if you reduce number of total coins price will go up.or reduce stake.and demand will be higher..

Also new features and promotions and support of community

lm holding 1 mil , l like this coin..

You are Correct: There would be a short term spike in prices.

Example: Mintcoin is reversed split by 4 and the POS rate is now 1% , so your 1 million coins are now only 250,000 and each coin is worth 4 times as much, so a few investors buy in pumping up the price , but there capital is absorbed within 2 or 3 weeks and then the price is back where it was and starting to drop, and the interest is so low that anything else is seen as a better investment, so they sell out trying not to lose their entire investment and dropping the price even lower. 1 Month out your coins are lowered than they were originally and with such low interest , you know you won't be able to get your money back, so you trade what is left of your mintcoins for another coin with a higher POS.
And MintCoin Dies.  Cry Cry Cry Cry

We have to build an economy for Mintcoin , where it has value thru virtual goods at first and then as the price rises Physical Goods. Then We Can all Be Happy.
 Cool
Just for the record, there has been no suggestion of a rollback or reverse split. At least that I'm aware of.

Limiting the approximate eventual coin cap (+ 1.5% in perpetuity) has nothing to do with rolling the coin back/reverse split.

- this is correct - no discussions of a rollback!
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:45:09 PM

The discussion about the PoS rates is interesting, personally I think that if you think the rate is too high then you should just wait until it drops.. Mintcoin might take off in value nine months from now for example, and if you find out about it then and buy some, then you are buying in when 15% is the nominal rate. When it's 5% just think how much could be accomplished by that stage.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 02:21:18 PM

The discussion about the PoS rates is interesting, personally I think that if you think the rate is too high then you should just wait until it drops.. Mintcoin might take off in value nine months from now for example, and if you find out about it then and buy some, then you are buying in when 15% is the nominal rate. When it's 5% just think how much could be accomplished by that stage.

I believe you're making a dangerous assumption - that the coin will be around 9 months from now if some action isn't taken soon.
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:54:34 PM

People bought into this investment because of the current terms, if you would like something different the thing to do is create your own coin, fitting your exact specifications. Changing the interest rate and coin cap in the middle of the game will just make all major holders dump so it's not going to affect the price in a positive manner to do so. It's naive to think that these changes will make the price suddenly spring from the dead.

If i decide not to dump I'll be staying with v1.10 and not following forks that change the parameters of MINT.

if anyone wants to join me in supporting the original blockchain they are welcome to
zzuum

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:08:33 PM

People bought into this investment because of the current terms, if you would like something different the thing to do is create your own coin, fitting your exact specifications. Changing the interest rate and coin cap in the middle of the game will just make all major holders dump so it's not going to affect the price in a positive manner to do so. It's naive to think that these changes will make the price suddenly spring from the dead.

If i decide not to dump I'll be staying with v1.10 and not following forks that change the parameters of MINT.

if anyone wants to join me in supporting the original blockchain they are welcome to

I agree, I think we should stick with the original parameters. Sure, the whole block list is slow to download, but instead of slowing down transaction time to make up for that, why not find a way to speed up the download instead? Nodes maybe?
zzuum

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:23:17 PM

Also, price is finally over the 4 satoshi sell wall.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 05:30:56 PM

Well, I do not know the grand scheme of what is going on, but volume has slow by steady increased everyday, since Cryptomommy became captain of the ship.
Nice to see, coin seam to recover.

To my fellow minter's, remember:
Theoden: Who am I, Gamling?
Gamling: You are our king, sire.
Theoden: And do you trust your king?
Gamling: Your men, my Lord, will follow you to whatever end.
Theoden: To whatever end...

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 05:35:27 PM

By the way, the coin could be target for a pump'n'dump...
So be careful about not being to being blinded if the coin rise to fast in value the next couple of days.
If you are planing to invest in MINT, then get em now, not on the uptrend of a possible pump.

coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:46:39 PM

Just be patient people... There is no premine to dump anymore, and things are moving forward.
We are already halfway through the first year...In 6 months the POS reward drops to 15%. So coins will get rarer...
Right now we need to concentrate on actually delivering on promised developments such as the Android wallet, and NGO. Prove we can get these types of things accomplished and investors will bring in capital, and value will rise. It's that easy.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:08:39 PM

Just be patient people... There is no premine to dump anymore, and things are moving forward.
We are already halfway through the first year...In 6 months the POS reward drops to 15%. So coins will get rarer...
Right now we need to concentrate on actually delivering on promised developments such as the Android wallet, and NGO. Prove we can get these types of things accomplished and investors will bring in capital, and value will rise. It's that easy.

+1.

I don't think changing the reward mid-game is going to help much. Let's complete some tasks and get Mint moving.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:50:49 PM

Hi Cryptomommy & Acceptance2,

I greet both of you since you two are mainly pushing for the 1.5 %.

First , the Survey is only 64 votes so far , over 500 are on your rich list alone, so I don't believe this survey is a good reference of how the community feels.

This current plan so you can get unknown investors to pump the coin will cause its crash.
You want to drop our POS to 1.5%, that would make it a WhiteCoin Clone.
And Whitecoin is dropping everyday with no end insight.

The Programmer PressTab , (who seems to be an excellent and intelligent programmer) is currently working on a hyperstake coin with 750% interest and getting ready to modify NobleCoin to a POS of 175% interest ,
by his actions it is apparent he believes the higher interest rates are the way to go.
Yet you want ours to drop to a pitiful 1.5%

But from your Actions , I can only conclude you are looking to cause a Pump so that you can dump your coins. And if it is not the case ,then you are just misguided from listening to people who do not have mintcoin best interest at heart.

Lets shine some light on everything for the community:
Who are the investors , how much capital are they offering , how long will they inject capital,
and when are they going to pull out and crash mintcoin

My 2 Mintcoin
 Cool

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:14:41 PM

People want to know what value is in the Mintcoin currently

Currently you have to buy MintCoins to be able to mine more Mintcoins
So when you buy mintcoins you are getting the Miner with it.
A Miner that earns the same Rate all year without increasing costs, can't say that for POW coins.

That is the Value POS coins have over POW Coins, where new hardware decreases the value on the hardware just purchased by a Large factor making it unprofitable to mine within a few months and never getting your investment back.

With the Scrypt Miners the Crypto community is starting to realize that and will be switching to POS in DROVES. When this happens our POS will shoot off like a rocket. But if the Interest is dropped to 1.5% then I can get an investment in the physical world that beats that hands down or go with other Coins like Hyperstake, & Noblecoin.

Be Patient, your rush will cause more harm than good.

Cool

TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 08:43:21 PM

People want to know what value is in the Mintcoin currently

Currently you have to buy MintCoins to be able to mine more Mintcoins
So when you buy mintcoins you are getting the Miner with it.
A Miner that earns the same Rate all year without increasing costs, can't say that for POW coins.

That is the Value POS coins have over POW Coins, where new hardware decreases the value on the hardware just purchased by a Large factor making it unprofitable to mine within a few months and never getting your investment back.

With the Scrypt Miners the Crypto community is starting to realize that and will be switching to POS in DROVES. When this happens our POS will shoot off like a rocket. But if the Interest is dropped to 1.5% then I can get an investment in the physical world that beats that hands down or go with other Coins like Hyperstake, & Noblecoin.

Be Patient, your rush will cause more harm than good.

Cool

I completely agree on the part with PoS vs. PoW.
There will be serious changes in the market once the scrypt ASIC miners seriously start mining - where it will go, hard to say.

Personally I got my MINT the same day I shut down my GPU miners...

cryptomommy

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:39:11 PM

First , the Survey is only 64 votes so far , over 500 are on your rich list alone, so I don't believe this survey is a good reference of how the community feels.

This current plan so you can get unknown investors to pump the coin will cause its crash.

The Programmer PressTab , (who seems to be an excellent and intelligent programmer) is currently working on a hyperstake coin with 750% interest and getting ready to modify NobleCoin to a POS of 175% interest ,
by his actions it is apparent he believes the higher interest rates are the way to go.

But from your Actions , I can only conclude you are looking to cause a Pump so that you can dump your coins. And if it is not the case ,then you are just misguided from listening to people who do not have mintcoin best interest at heart.

Who are the investors , how much capital are they offering , how long will they inject capital,

My 2 Mintcoin
 Cool

A presumptuous one you are.
When the prior developer handed the community to me I owned a whopping 2 Million Mint from 4 Million that the original developer paid me for my services (of which I donated 2 Million to contests and bounties to keep production going).

Since then I have acquired 10 Million Mint between my mining and personal investments because I believe we have recruited a winning team and this coin will go far.

A major part of Public relations is understanding your audience AND targeted audience.

As of today  I am just shy of 10 Million Mintcoins of which I plan on donating an equal sum of USD for promotions of campaigns we are currently working on.

As I mentioned the first thing I would complete is a business strategy for growing our community.

A business plan (if done properly) requires a SWOT analysis broken down into actionable segmentation. 
SWOT stands for Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats.

Every step of the business plan I have opted to engage the entire community and be 100% transparent in my efforts.

This stimulates needed conversation between both investors and community.

I am surveying the targeted audience to determine appropriate direction, perception and voice of the community to create a singular actionable business plan needed to ensure the entire community is on the same page.

There will be negotiations along the way and there will be controversial conversations. I am doing my absolute best to allow all sides of the coin shine through and give the community an opportunity to vote on what they believe in efforts of allowing everyone to have a voice.

If you need to put a "number" on me dumping on the coin... I get paid $22 per hour freelancing via oDesk and donate approximately 20 hours per week as well as hosting and domain names when needed to growing this community.

Why?

Because I want to make this my full time career some day.

I love what I do for this community. I love crypto currency. I love online marketing.

P.S Please...
No more name calling. No more negativity. This is supposed to be a civilized conversation with the common interest of growing a community that supports Mintcoin values of connecting and helping our worldwide friends in preserving the earth.

TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 09:56:22 PM

When the prior developer handed the community to me I owned a whopping 2 Million Mint from 4 Million that the original developer paid me for my services (of which I donated 2 Million to contests and bounties to keep production going).

Since then I have acquired 10 Million Mint between my mining and personal investments because I believe we have recruited a winning team and this coin will go far.

A major part of Public relations is understanding your audience AND targeted audience.

As of today  I am just shy of 10 Million Mintcoins of which I plan on donating an equal sum of USD for promotions of campaigns we are currently working on.

As I mentioned the first thing I would complete is a business strategy for growing our community.

A business plan (if done properly) requires a SWOT analysis broken down into actionable segmentation. 

Every step of the business plan I have opted to engage the entire community and be 100% transparent in my efforts.

I am surveying the targeted audience to determine appropriate direction, perception and voice of the community to create a singular actionable business plan needed to ensure the entire community is on the same page.

There will be negotiations along the way and there will be controversial conversations. I am doing my absolute best to allow all sides of the coin shine through and give the community an opportunity to vote on what they believe in efforts of allowing everyone to have a voice.

If you need to put a "number" on me dumping on the coin... I get paid $22 per hour freelancing via oDesk and donate approximately 20 hours per week as well as hosting and domain names when needed to growing this community.

Why?

I love what I do for this community. I love crypto currency. I love online marketing.

P.S Please...
No more name calling. No more negativity. This is supposed to be a civilized conversation with the common interest of growing a community that supports Mintcoin values of connecting and helping our worldwide friends in preserving the earth.

Your effort is admirable - thank you.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:02:38 PM

My 2 Mintcoin
 Cool

Why?

P.S Please...
No more name calling. No more negativity. This is supposed to be a civilized conversation within a community with the common interest of growing a community that supports Mintcoin values of connecting and helping our worldwide friends in preserving the earth.

Hi ,

Not presumptuous , but Perceptive , bragging about your abilities makes no difference ,
when the end result of your Leadership and Team will drop the interest rate to 1.5% and Destroy the coin.
There are no hard feelings this is just a debate with Logic on the planned course you  & your Team want.

The Fact that there is so much resistance , should let you know it is the wrong course.
As a Good Leader you & your Team should take that into account.
You are causing a divide in the community with this course of action, so of course we wonder if you are doing it for selfish reasons, since to us it appears A pump & dump is what will happen.

Any leader that ignores the majority of voices of the group , will not be leader for long.
This is not said to hurt your feelings, but could be the result of your Future actions.

Cool  

TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:26:35 PM

Any leader that ignores the majority of voices of the group , will not be leader for long.
This is not said to hurt your feelings, but could be the result of your Future actions.

Well... how to say... when we talk about voluntary work then is the personal who is willing to spend most hours for the cause most likely to be the leader, because no one else have "time" to do it.

cryptomommy

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:39:43 PM

kiklo - I have no intentions of doing anything that the community does not support.

Period.

The poll results are telling me that we have a serious P.R issue due to people not understanding economics which is why I am trying to recruit CoolBeans or someone else with a heavy financial background to work on our team and tear apart the results / compare against the coin and help us create a series of educational resources to help close the gap.

We are already at 20,000,000,000 coins out there -

The numbers are fictitious and used to gauge a "feeling" of the community.
Only one person who took the survey mentioned this.
Investors are looking for a community that shares their beliefs  while showing an opportunity to become a viable solution for capital growth.

Interested in donating some time to this project?

Let me know.
Pages: « 1 ... 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 [807] 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: